PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 09:33:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 291301 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5875 on: November 08, 2022, 06:33:57 PM »

Tbh if dems are able to get 2018 style turnout of Philly, then I just don't see how Oz can be comfortable given Fetterman is expected to overperform out west.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5876 on: November 08, 2022, 06:46:14 PM »

Tbh if dems are able to get 2018 style turnout of Philly, then I just don't see how Oz can be comfortable given Fetterman is expected to overperform out west.

Yeah, if we can get 2018 levels, which looks likely once the final mail comes in, that would be massive. Philly was always the biggest concern for me in terms of turnout. Huge turnout here and Allegheny could hopefully outweigh any lower suburban numbers for Fett.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5877 on: November 08, 2022, 07:28:55 PM »

Voted around an hour ago. They said they were seeing insanely high turnout in our little precinct. I live in Bucks County. Do with that what you will.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5878 on: November 08, 2022, 07:44:47 PM »

Holy sh**

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5879 on: November 08, 2022, 07:51:22 PM »

The big questions are how does the vote break down in Philadelphia itself and also how much of an increase are we seeing in the red parts of the state? I'm not comfortable making predictions based solely on turnout without seeing at least some results.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5880 on: November 08, 2022, 07:51:51 PM »

The big questions are how does the vote break down in Philadelphia itself and also how much of an increase are we seeing in the red parts of the state? I'm not comfortable making predictions based solely on turnout without seeing at least some results.

Very true, Fetterman would be much more comfortable with a 2018-type split (87-13) rather than 2020 (81-18)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5881 on: November 08, 2022, 07:52:29 PM »

Very true, Fetterman would be much more comfortable with a 2018-type split (87-13) rather than 2020 (81-18)

And it seems like it would be more likely to be less than 2020.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5882 on: November 08, 2022, 07:56:05 PM »

Exit stuff that is leaking out looks pretty sh**tty for Oz.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #5883 on: November 08, 2022, 10:23:22 PM »

The Lean R switches may come back to bite forecasters. Oz underperforming pretty consistently by 7-10 points across rural PA too. He'd better hope for a strong showing in SEPA.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5884 on: November 09, 2022, 12:31:05 AM »

While my hopes for the overall midterms were all but extinguished, knowing that for sure the House and Senate were gone. I was starting to think Fetterman still had a shot until Emerson came out
If Fetterman wins this needs to be your sig for the rest of the year
Bump
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #5885 on: November 09, 2022, 12:59:02 AM »

BIG JOHNNY FETT'S GOING TO WASHINGTON! GOP LOSERS AND HATERS BTFO! DOC HOLLYWOOD SENT BACK TO NEW JERSEY!
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #5886 on: November 09, 2022, 01:05:39 AM »

NO BETTER MAN THAN FETTERMAN! LFG!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5887 on: November 09, 2022, 01:07:53 AM »

But Conor Lamb!!

We all get election takes hilariously wrong- I just hope that some people on this thread will reflect and use this result as a time to learn that they might not always know everything.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5888 on: November 09, 2022, 01:11:16 AM »

Well, the results are trickling in, and it's pretty safe to say we did it. Over 5000 posts and almost 200,000 pageviews later, Fetterman won.

I remember taking a bus to Pennsylvania to see him speak in 2016. Back then, Fetterman was the Bernie guy. He was part of my clique and seemed interesting enough, so I went to see him speak. I saw a mayor from a run-down mill town making something beautiful out of it. I heard the stories you and the rest of this nation heard – the tattoos on his arm, his GED program, mentoring kids, everything. I saw him do the tough work that needed to be done to make his community better.

When I left that hall that day, I knew he would do great things. I still have the picture of us lying around somewhere. Even at 6'3, I look tiny and emaciated next to him. Six years and a lieutenant governor run later, here we are. John Karl Fetterman is a f**king Senator.

It's been a long campaign season, and probably the one race I've followed closest this year. Only the NH-1 primary and Bernie 2020 come close. There wasn't much need to pay attention to NH this year, I wasn't ideologically aligned with my candidates anyway, and I spent 4 years of my life in Pennsylvania. That and I've been enthusiastic about Fetterman for years.

There are too many supporters to thank individually – R2D2, Mr. X, Ferguson, KhanofKhans, GALeftist... I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch more. It's been great Posting with you and being in the trenches, fighting off the doomers, Republicans, and relitigators. It sure as hell beats the fighting of the 2020 primary.

To OC, who never let me live down that week where I thought Lamb would win the primary. You were the only person more optimistic than me about Fetterman. You were the one telling us all not to worry. Fetterman will win the primary, and he'll win the general. You were right about everything.

To wbrocks, thank you. I know we butted heads in the primary, but you gave the same energy and more for Fetterman in the general. I'm so glad to be wrong about you - you even managed to out-stan me! You'll always be a dear friend and I'm glad to have you on our side.

It's rare that I have such feelings of hope or investment in elections. The Nevada primary in 2020, that random carpetbagger losing in NH-1, these moments come and go. They don't compare to now. Today was the first time I cried. I'm glad they're tears of joy, knowing our country's in a better place.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything.

~Sawx

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5889 on: November 09, 2022, 01:12:14 AM »

CAN’T FETTER THE MAN
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5890 on: November 09, 2022, 01:18:51 AM »

The chad John Fetterman
The virgin Mehmet Oz
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #5891 on: November 09, 2022, 01:20:30 AM »

Congratulations to Sen.-elect Fetterman.  This is a major pickup for Democrats.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5892 on: November 09, 2022, 01:21:07 AM »

Just got home but surprised by both McCormick and Barnette, but this goes to show the value of money in the bank on election day. McCormick had a professional operation in place and Barnette didn't. It's not everything, but it helps in a close race.

Anyway, both races remain Lean R for me.

RGA won't even commit to spending for Mastriano or against Shapiro, making the Gubernatorial election Lean D for now. And that frees up more PADP resources in the form of people power for Fetterman, so the Senate election between Fetterman and Oz should remain a tossup.

I'm going to laugh so hard when this take (which, the majority of people here agree with) inevitably does not age well. Y'all will never learn.
Suck it!
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #5893 on: November 09, 2022, 01:21:25 AM »

Well, the results are trickling in, and it's pretty safe to say we did it. Over 5000 posts and almost 200,000 pageviews later, Fetterman won.

I remember taking a bus to Pennsylvania to see him speak in 2016. Back then, Fetterman was the Bernie guy. He was part of my clique and seemed interesting enough, so I went to see him speak. I saw a mayor from a run-down mill town making something beautiful out of it. I heard the stories you and the rest of this nation heard – the tattoos on his arm, his GED program, mentoring kids, everything. I saw him do the tough work that needed to be done to make his community better.

When I left that hall that day, I knew he would do great things. I still have the picture of us lying around somewhere. Even at 6'3, I look tiny and emaciated next to him. Six years and a lieutenant governor run later, here we are. John Karl Fetterman is a f**king Senator.

It's been a long campaign season, and probably the one race I've followed closest this year. Only the NH-1 primary and Bernie 2020 come close. There wasn't much need to pay attention to NH this year, I wasn't ideologically aligned with my candidates anyway, and I spent 4 years of my life in Pennsylvania. That and I've been enthusiastic about Fetterman for years.

There are too many supporters to thank individually – R2D2, Mr. X, Ferguson, KhanofKhans, GALeftist... I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch more. It's been great Posting with you and being in the trenches, fighting off the doomers, Republicans, and relitigators. It sure as hell beats the fighting of the 2020 primary.

To OC, who never let me live down that week where I thought Lamb would win the primary. You were the only person more optimistic than me about Fetterman. You were the one telling us all not to worry. Fetterman will win the primary, and he'll win the general. You were right about everything.

To wbrocks, thank you. I know we butted heads in the primary, but you gave the same energy and more for Fetterman in the general. I'm so glad to be wrong about you - you even managed to out-stan me! You'll always be a dear friend and I'm glad to have you on our side.

It's rare that I have such feelings of hope or investment in elections. The Nevada primary in 2020, that random carpetbagger losing in NH-1, these moments come and go. They don't compare to now. Today was the first time I cried. I'm glad they're tears of joy, knowing our country's in a better place.

~Sawx

It's been an honor, Sawx. John Fetterman is going to be a US Senator. I've never been happier about an election result. I remember the elation when he got Rendell's endorsement for LG, and the "Always Sunny" ad with Wolf, and ever since then I knew he was destined for better things. Onward to other elections, but I will never forget tonight, even though I'm drunk off my ass.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5894 on: November 09, 2022, 01:21:38 AM »

But muh poor debate performance tho….Sad

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5895 on: November 09, 2022, 01:23:48 AM »

It's been an honor, Sawx. John Fetterman is going to be a US Senator. I've never been happier about an election result. I remember the elation when he got Rendell's endorsement for LG, and the "Always Sunny" ad with Wolf, and ever since then I knew he was destined for better things. Onward to other elections, but I will never forget tonight, even though I'm drunk off my ass.

I'll remember all of this. It's been my best time in the past few years in this place.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #5896 on: November 09, 2022, 01:36:33 AM »

I am already getting drunk off of schadenfreude. Fetterman is going to substantially outperform Biden. I hope all the haters and losers who couldn't admit that this was a possibility do some serious reflection.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5897 on: November 09, 2022, 01:42:40 AM »

~Sawx

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the Virgin and the Chad
That TV quack has been thwarted, his campaign being bad
Our hero is going to Washington, and we shall be forever glad
His truth is marching on!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #5898 on: November 09, 2022, 05:52:26 AM »

If either Fetterman or Shapiro win, I will leave this forum forever.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5899 on: November 09, 2022, 05:54:59 AM »

~Sawx

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the Virgin and the Chad
That TV quack has been thwarted, his campaign being bad
Our hero is going to Washington, and we shall be forever glad
Your songwriting skills are on point!
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 ... 244  
« previous next »