AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 04:43:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel  (Read 45986 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2022, 04:56:24 AM »

With another Thiel-backed populist who was in third prior to a Trump endorsement winning his race, I think it's a given Trump will endorse Masters now.
I think Trump probably waits to see how Pennsylvania, Georgia, and North Carolina play out before endorsing here, but yeah today was a big win for his endorsement game.
Walker and Budd are locks. Perdue is almost certainly not even making the runoff. Pennsylvania is a tossup.

Yeah, the only race that he should focus on now is Pennsylvania. Do a rally or two for & with Oz leading up to the Primary. McCrory committed political suicide with his ad against Budd and Walker is a juggernaut in the primary. If Oz wins, then he endorses Masters in the weeks leading up to August 2nd, likely Mid-Late July.
According to an article I read (and usually Trumpworld sources are pretty reliable), Trump was waiting to see how Ohio went down before committing to going all-in on campaigning for his Senate picks. Now that he won, Trump feels more confident in placing his reputation on the line to campaign more for them.

I still do think he waits to see if Oz wins before moving in on Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arizona. Oz is his biggest test
I hope he endorses in Oklahoma soon, but I hope he doesn't just endorse frontrunner Mullin just because he voted to overturn, he's a RINO on most issues and someone like Gray, Dahm or even Shannon would be better (basically any other candidate apart from Holland).

Hoping for Greitens or Hartzler in MO, Lahmayer in OK-Regular, Dahm in OK-SPEC, and Masters in AZ.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #326 on: May 04, 2022, 05:22:20 AM »

With another Thiel-backed populist who was in third prior to a Trump endorsement winning his race, I think it's a given Trump will endorse Masters now.
I think Trump probably waits to see how Pennsylvania, Georgia, and North Carolina play out before endorsing here, but yeah today was a big win for his endorsement game.
Walker and Budd are locks. Perdue is almost certainly not even making the runoff. Pennsylvania is a tossup.

Yeah, the only race that he should focus on now is Pennsylvania. Do a rally or two for & with Oz leading up to the Primary. McCrory committed political suicide with his ad against Budd and Walker is a juggernaut in the primary. If Oz wins, then he endorses Masters in the weeks leading up to August 2nd, likely Mid-Late July.
According to an article I read (and usually Trumpworld sources are pretty reliable), Trump was waiting to see how Ohio went down before committing to going all-in on campaigning for his Senate picks. Now that he won, Trump feels more confident in placing his reputation on the line to campaign more for them.

I still do think he waits to see if Oz wins before moving in on Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arizona. Oz is his biggest test
I hope he endorses in Oklahoma soon, but I hope he doesn't just endorse frontrunner Mullin just because he voted to overturn, he's a RINO on most issues and someone like Gray, Dahm or even Shannon would be better (basically any other candidate apart from Holland).

Hoping for Greitens or Hartzler in MO, Lahmayer in OK-Regular, Dahm in OK-SPEC, and Masters in AZ.
I would prefer Greitens to Hartzler but either are good. I also think that Gray may be better than Dahm because of his great endorsements from people like Gosar. I agree with you on the rest, but I don't think Lahmeyer has a chance to win sadly, Boozman is more likely to lose his primary than Lankford.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #327 on: May 04, 2022, 05:27:28 AM »

I would prefer Greitens to Hartzler but either are good. I also think that Gray may be better than Dahm because of his great endorsements from people like Gosar. I agree with you on the rest, but I don't think Lahmeyer has a chance to win sadly, Boozman is more likely to lose his primary than Lankford.

Your probably right on Lahmayer but we won't know until Trump makes his endorsements. If Oz wins, he probably goes "I can endorse whoever I want!" and endorses the candidates I previously mentioned, though he probably stays out of Colorado, New Hampshire, and Washington like how he stayed out of New Jersey and Virginia. Trump is seemingly becoming more strategic with his endorsements, making endorsements in toss-ups and red seats and staying out of Blue seats with only one or two appearances for those seats in the general.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #328 on: May 07, 2022, 04:09:32 PM »

https://www.azmirror.com/blog/gop-senate-candidate-blake-masters-wants-to-allow-states-to-ban-contraception-use/

But I was told Kelly was completely DOA and that he'd be lucky to lose as badly as Doug Jones.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #329 on: May 07, 2022, 05:25:53 PM »

What do you think about Greitens’s…ethics issues?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #330 on: May 07, 2022, 07:51:27 PM »

What do you think about Greitens’s…ethics issues?
Irrelevant. I care about policy.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2022, 11:38:51 PM »

https://twitter.com/realteamMTG/status/1522346357150859266

$100 just sent to Kelly.
Respect and Compassion
United States

« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2022, 10:15:24 AM »

Blake Masters is not someone I'd underestimate so in a sense I can understand why you just sent $100. AZ was too close in 2020 though, and nothing about Masters suggests to me that he has less appeal to the AZ electorate than Trump. He's a stronger candidate than McSally, that's for sure, and Kelly can be painted as more partisan than he presented himself to be, unfortunately. 
xavier110
United States
« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2022, 10:17:19 AM »

The person to take on Big Tech is the right hand man of the founder of PayPal and former Facebook board member! Fight Communism!
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2022, 10:24:09 AM »

Based
Pink Panther

« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2022, 10:26:42 AM »

Bruh.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2022, 10:36:39 AM »

Kelly’s going to be sitting on a truckload of cash.

If you want to stop the nut jobs, please donate to:

- Adrian Fontes for Secretary of State, who likely will be up against election denier / Oath Keeper Mark Finchem
- Jeanne Casteen and Christine Marsh for state senate, who are in the closest new leg districts in the Phoenix area
- Kris Mayes for AG, who will face one of six lunatics (their GOP primarydebate just happened last night and they all denied the validity of Joe Biden’s election…)

These people will actually be able to use your funds.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #337 on: May 12, 2022, 11:01:11 AM »

Masters is awful, though he shouldn't be underestimated. I don't think he or Brnovich would do substantially different against Kelly, and AZ remains the Democratic-held seat most likely to flip, in my opinion, and is Lean R. I don't really buy that Kelly is that much "stronger" of a candidate than Masto, and in fact I think there's an argument to be made that Masto could end up being slightly "stronger."
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2022, 11:40:47 AM »

Whatever your thoughts on his politics, Masters would certainly be one of the smartest Senators in the country if elected.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2022, 12:28:31 PM »

Not sure this means anything.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #340 on: May 13, 2022, 12:58:21 PM »

Wow, you really eat up all the fake news.
JMT

« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2022, 02:06:03 PM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2022, 02:13:14 PM »

If Republicans had run a normal Republican, they prolly could’ve had this in the bag, but Masters is certainly not the best fit. Will it matter in the end? We’ll see. But still
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2022, 02:20:13 PM »

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2022, 02:24:14 PM »

Sink! That! Senate race!
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #345 on: June 02, 2022, 02:33:13 PM »

Could he not refrain from spending half the letter talking about voter fraud? It’s also irresponsible talking about Brnovich like that, now a few people may completely refuse to show up for him if he wins
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #346 on: June 02, 2022, 03:01:45 PM »

Could he not refrain from spending half the letter talking about voter fraud?

No, he literally cannot help himself.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #347 on: June 02, 2022, 04:28:36 PM »

Congratulations Senator Masters. I wonder what his relationship with Sinema will be like.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2022, 04:42:09 PM »

It's a toss-up. Gun to my head, Masters wins against Kelly in the general by under a point but Kelly can easily win as well and I think this is the most likely of the NV/AZ/GA trio to stay.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2022, 04:42:20 PM »

I actually think Masters would be a better GE candidate than Brnovich or Lamon, but please for the love of God, can Trump stop with the "stolen election" crap.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies