2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 09:50:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 669 670 671 [672] 673 674 675 676 677 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 634249 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16775 on: November 09, 2020, 04:32:09 PM »

For anyone curious about Georgia, the deadline for counties to certify votes to the state is Nov. 13.  Approximately 47 counties have already certified (Gwinnett is the largest of them).  The state then has until Nov. 20 to certify the results.  At that point, recount requests will be accepted.

It's getting to the point that it's annoying that there will be even be a recount. Is there a chance that anyone just drops it? Biden's lead is nearly 12,000 votes now. No recount will change that.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16776 on: November 09, 2020, 04:32:29 PM »

For anyone curious about Georgia, the deadline for counties to certify votes to the state is Nov. 13.  Approximately 47 counties have already certified (Gwinnett is the largest of them).  The state then has until Nov. 20 to certify the results.  At that point, recount requests will be accepted.

Is there any limitations on requesting a recount?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #16777 on: November 09, 2020, 04:33:13 PM »

PA really just like stopped reporting votes... we still have a good amount of votes left out of Allegheny and Philly, and many suburbs still have not only a few mail ins left, but provisionals too.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16778 on: November 09, 2020, 04:34:28 PM »

The margin must be within 0.5% (which it certainly will be).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #16779 on: November 09, 2020, 04:35:36 PM »

....is New York ever going to start counting their mail ins?

Illinois also appears to be going very slow too.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16780 on: November 09, 2020, 04:36:35 PM »

.5% and the requesting party has to pay for the recount, but the part about who pays is vague in the law.

The Georgia SOS has already ordered a review of the election before any recount is requested. So they should be running through the numbers twice if Trump goes ahead and requests a recount.

VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16781 on: November 09, 2020, 04:36:51 PM »

gf20202
« Reply #16782 on: November 09, 2020, 04:37:26 PM »

The Maricopa drop will be at 9 EST. Slight chance that this and additional Pima ballots could result in a call tonight.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16783 on: November 09, 2020, 04:38:50 PM »

They accused her of being a sore loser when Jill Stein launched the Wisconsin recount.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16784 on: November 09, 2020, 04:39:11 PM »

Completely unrelated, but I keep seeing John King and Steve Kornacki fan videos on tiktok.
It reminds me of Atlas.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #16785 on: November 09, 2020, 04:39:32 PM »

Obviously I don't think Biden will make up 21%, but it's important to note how far they are in counting though too?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16786 on: November 09, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »

....is New York ever going to start counting their mail ins?

Illinois also appears to be going very slow too.

New York doesn't start until this week, I think tomorrow, but I could be wrong about that.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16787 on: November 09, 2020, 04:45:22 PM »

Once this is released, rip up the Jackson ones and take them to the bank to get Tubman's. As long as both serial numbers on the ripped ones match, it's legal.

Obviously, priority #1 is gonna be a stimulus package, but I really do hope that Secretary Brainard does eventually get around to expediting the process of putting Tubman on the $20 bill.

If so, I hope she gets a better portrait than what's in that image. Frankly, I can't help but think the main reason for selecting Tubman is so as to tick off the boxes for both having a woman and a POC on our money with a single person.  Also, if you know your Bank War history, Jackson was a natural fit for the $20 bill as he thought that should be the smallest paper denomination. (The gold eagle, worth 10 dollars was the highest valued U.S. coin at the time.) So I'd rather get Grant off our money than Jackson, even tho I understand and sympathize with the politics calling for the removal of Jackson. Personally, I'd like to see Henry Clay replace Grant on the front of the $50, since it has the Capitol Building on the back, and I'd like to see us issue a $200 bill that would on the front of the bill offer a variety of historical Supreme Court justices (one per bill, but not the same on each bill), including John Marshall, Thurgood Marshall, and RBG on the front and a back that shows the Supreme Court chamber with the current justices shown sitting. Also, the back of the $5 bill should be altered to show MLK giving his iconic speech at the Lincoln Memorial.
Flabuckeye
Rookie

« Reply #16788 on: November 09, 2020, 04:46:23 PM »

The Maricopa drop will be at 9 EST. Slight chance that this and additional Pima ballots could result in a call tonight.

any news on when Pima will announce some of theirs?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16789 on: November 09, 2020, 04:49:19 PM »

Hillary Clinton lost an incredibly-narrow shock election, that she almost certainly should have won, had she not been undermined at the last minute by a fake investigation launched by the partisan FBI.  The main contributing factor to her defeat was the military intelligence agency of a hostile foreign government interfering in the electoral process to aid Trump through illegal activities, in coordination with his senior campaign staff, as proven by the Mueller Report and the Stone/Manafort/Papadopoulous/Gates/etc. depositions.

In spite of all this, it didn't take 12 hours for Hillary Clinton to be designated BIGGEST LOSER EVER and ordered by the media to shut up and go into permanent hiding while column after column was written about how pathetic she was, how awful her campaign was, what a tremendous loser she was.  The NYT immediately sent an army of reporters out to midwestern highway diners to find out why Trump won.  Trump supporters gloated non-stop and mocked anyone who was upset.  "Awww, liberal tears?  You triggered?"  The gloating didn't stop until a week ago when Trump lost.  White supremacists and neo-nazis and neo-confederates proudly paraded through our streets, waving signs, celebrating their guy becoming president.

Nobody claimed that the election was "stolen" from Hillary by voter fraud, election manipulation, vote rigging, or any similar shenanigans (nobody except Jill Stein, who took the opportunity to grift for "recount funds").  We were upset that the election had been "stolen" by Comey, and we were upset that Russia's act of war would go unpunished by a subservient, obsequious Trump administration more interested in covering up their wrongdoing than defending America's elections.  We were upset that the press gave Trump billions of dollars of free earned media, while 90% of their Hillary coverage was about the e-mail "scandal", which everyone stopped pretending to care about the day after the election.

Now, the situation is that Trump suffered a solid defeat in an election where Biden led wire-to-wire, with no shenanigans, no assists from partisan government officials, no assists from hostile foreign intelligence operatives.  And yet a week later, we're being told not to rub it in, to be understanding, to give the Trump people space to accept reality, time to deal with their loss.  To be nice.

It's such a huge double standard.  Imagine if, a week after her loss, Hillary Clinton was out there claiming that votes were rigged, that Trump only won with illegal ballots, that she was going to file dozens of lawsuits.  Imagine if she was fundraising for court cases to challenge Trump's victory.  Imagine if the united message of the Democratic Party was "we're not going to accept Trump's victory as legitimate until every single state ratifies their results."  Imagine if the leadership of the DNC was echoing false allegations of voter fraud and insisting that Clinton was the rightful winner.

They would have been lambasted in the media.  The mockery and degradation would have been intense and relentless.  Every last Democrat would be paraded in front of the cameras for ritual humiliation.  And the press would have been right to do so!

So why aren't Republicans being treated this way?  All we're getting is "fact-checking" and wishy-washy statements like "of course if there are illegal ballots, those should be thrown out, but there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud" that just lend points to the Trump team.

And boy, I'll tell you something else, nobody's come knocking on my door to find out why I voted for Biden.  The media just seems to think that people voting for Democrats is the default state of play, and that Republican victories are some fascinating aberration that only happens because the Democrats screw up.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16790 on: November 09, 2020, 04:49:40 PM »

Trump up by only 7 in Hamilton County, IN. Victoria Spartz leads by 11.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #16791 on: November 09, 2020, 04:52:01 PM »

Once this is released, rip up the Jackson ones and take them to the bank to get Tubman's. As long as both serial numbers on the ripped ones match, it's legal.

Obviously, priority #1 is gonna be a stimulus package, but I really do hope that Secretary Brainard does eventually get around to expediting the process of putting Tubman on the $20 bill.

If so, I hope she gets a better portrait than what's in that image. Frankly, I can't help but think the main reason for selecting Tubman is so as to tick off the boxes for both having a woman and a POC on our money with a single person.  [...]

I think that earlier image was just something somebody mocked-up when her $20 bill was initially announced. For what it's worth, here's the actual design from the Treasury:

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #16792 on: November 09, 2020, 04:52:21 PM »

Raffensperger fires back:

Please let the fallout on this lead to a third-party killing Kemp in 2022.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #16793 on: November 09, 2020, 04:54:03 PM »

Raffensperger fires back:

He just lost his 2022 primary.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16794 on: November 09, 2020, 05:01:01 PM »

If 2016 was stolen from Hillary one does have to take pause and wonder if the same couldn't be done in 2020. Right democrats? I doubt it but....

2016 wasn't stolen and neither was 2020. Stay sane.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #16795 on: November 09, 2020, 05:01:36 PM »

there is no bottom...

It seems like the networks should be able to call Georgia for Biden based on this statement alone.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16796 on: November 09, 2020, 05:05:47 PM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #16797 on: November 09, 2020, 05:08:24 PM »

That "Trump +8" in Wisconsin is pretty stunning, even by the standards of polling (which is obviously an imperfect science). 
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16798 on: November 09, 2020, 05:11:12 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2020, 05:14:24 PM by ProgressiveModerate »

That "Trump +8" in Wisconsin is pretty stunning, even by the standards of polling (which is obviously an imperfect science).  

The RV polls of WI were always tighter. Unreliable voters in rural white areas are less likely to have educational attainment, and therefore skew more R. Most of the states where the polling error was more normal like CO or VA had big cities.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16799 on: November 09, 2020, 05:12:09 PM »

there is no bottom...

Do they really think that going full retard is the best strategy for the runoff?

well they do need to speak directly to their base.
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 669 670 671 [672] 673 674 675 676 677 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies