2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:08:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 522 523 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 619053 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12925 on: November 06, 2020, 12:17:29 AM »

If it’s not about being gay or something else Trump has on him, how do you explain how Lindsey Graham went from this...

...To being the only major Republican who has implicitly endorsed an illegal coup among state legislators to elect Trump against the will of the people.

What the f—k happened???
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #12926 on: November 06, 2020, 12:17:46 AM »

So got off work a little early, check into Atlas and had to go through about (70) additional pages since I last checked in, much of which was relatively irrelevant.

Am I the only one who has read all (519) pages of this thread since I don't have anyone on ignore?

So basically, we're either waiting for Biden to take the lead in GA Tonight in Clayton County, or if not than after Gwinnett reports tomorrow Morning, but even so likely not called by networks bcs of Provisionals and Overseas Ballots (Plus Recount Zone).

PA might well see Biden take a lead Tonight from a combination of Philly updates every two hours (are they counting all Night?) or miscellaneous counties reporting updates?

Allegheny likely won't be the County to push Biden over the top, bcs counting won't be restarted until Tomorrow.

Is that a correct summary of the situation now?
I've been reading every one too man. I just wish they would call it and start the next chapter. The endless court wars.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12927 on: November 06, 2020, 12:19:17 AM »

So got off work a little early, check into Atlas and had to go through about (70) additional pages since I last checked in, much of which was relatively irrelevant.

Am I the only one who has read all (519) pages of this thread since I don't have anyone on ignore?

So basically, we're either waiting for Biden to take the lead in GA Tonight in Clayton County, or if not than after Gwinnett reports tomorrow Morning, but even so likely not called by networks bcs of Provisionals and Overseas Ballots (Plus Recount Zone).

PA might well see Biden take a lead Tonight from a combination of Philly updates every two hours (are they counting all Night?) or miscellaneous counties reporting updates?

Allegheny likely won't be the County to push Biden over the top, bcs counting won't be restarted until Tomorrow.

Yep. Unlike with GA, networks are likely to call PA as soon as Biden takes the lead.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12928 on: November 06, 2020, 12:19:30 AM »

I've been reading every one too man. I just wish they would call it and start the next chapter. The endless court wars.

1876/2020: when stealing one state like 2000 isn't enough.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12929 on: November 06, 2020, 12:19:47 AM »

The solution to the voting issues is to count early/mail votes as they come in. They tried to do that in Penn in anticipation of a surge in mail voting due to covid but the Republican legislature blocked it for whatever reason, I guess to try and quibble about the mail ballots afterward.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12930 on: November 06, 2020, 12:20:12 AM »

THIS is Trump's rhetoric.

Yep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_(terrorism)#Stochastic_terrorism

The party of law and order is now the party of domestic terrorism, due to Trump inciting violence  with his dangerous conspiracy theories and getting his MAGA death cult whipped into a frenzy.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #12931 on: November 06, 2020, 12:20:22 AM »

1876/2020: when stealing one state like 2000 isn't enough.

jfk stole illinois but that's okay tho
musicblind
United States

« Reply #12932 on: November 06, 2020, 12:20:30 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2020, 12:25:58 AM by musicblind »

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but Mitch McConnell is better than Lindsey Graham. I hoped against hope that after win ing another 6 years, Lindsey would moderate himself again. Instead he is as far as I know now the ONLY major GOP figure who has implicitly endorsed ignoring the vote and letting state legislatures pick alternative Republican electors. Mitch wasn’t having that s—t, just said all the votes need to be counted.

I know people joke a lot about Graham being gay, but I genuinely suspect Trump has some sort of psychosexual hold on him.

I know there are apparently many gay people here based on earlier in the thread. I don’t want to offend anybody but for those of you who are gay and/or have ties to the gay community:

1. What does your gaydar say about Graham indeed being gay?

2. Do you think this is sufficient to explain the change we have seen in his behavior for the past few years?

I mean, if you are gay you should know better than anybody how perceptions of being gay have shifted since Obergefell, and how likely it is that someone would go out of their way to betray everything they ostensibly believe in to avoid being outed.

Graham "pings" in my opinion. If I saw him out and about, I'd think him more likely gay than not.

That said, I don't know his personal situation well enough to say whether it is sufficient to explain his recent behavior. I'll tell you this — I grew up in a small town where alcohol was still illegal until just ten years ago... I was terrified of being outted back then. I would have wound up dead in a ditch somewhere.

So, I don't know Graham's particular situation. If he were outted, his career would be over, but I imagine, given the power of his position, that he'd be in a lot safer place than I was. But who knows?
Buzz

« Reply #12933 on: November 06, 2020, 12:20:49 AM »

Way to disappoint me republicans Sad

But seriously, no to the top 3, please no.

Yea not the most inspiring top 3.  Pence is fine and Haley is meh.  Don Jr. is a big HELL NO.  Where is Josh Hawley?!?!

Hawley isn't on the list. Would probably be in my top 3 choices, though for some reason I see him as more vice president material.

If you nominate Charlie Baker or Brian Sandoval you can probably win it. But the GOP will probably nominate Pence.
Establishment moderates would get destroyed
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12934 on: November 06, 2020, 12:20:56 AM »

We made it to DAY FOUR OF THE ELECTION everyone, glad we're all still f***ing here.
at least it isn't Groundhog Day.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #12935 on: November 06, 2020, 12:20:58 AM »

Splash
United States

« Reply #12936 on: November 06, 2020, 12:21:09 AM »

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #12937 on: November 06, 2020, 12:22:08 AM »

Remember when they said Clayton was releasing before midnight?

And when they said Pennsylvania was finishing tonight?

I think they're messing with us at this point.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #12938 on: November 06, 2020, 12:22:13 AM »

Just like with the Michigan plot, great job by our law enforcement community for catching these terrorists before anyone gets hurt!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12939 on: November 06, 2020, 12:22:57 AM »

Just like with the Michigan plot, great job by our law enforcement community for catching these terrorists before anyone gets hurt!
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12940 on: November 06, 2020, 12:23:18 AM »

Good thing we didn't abolish the police.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12941 on: November 06, 2020, 12:23:43 AM »

If it’s not about being gay or something else Trump has on him, how do you explain how Lindsey Graham went from this...

...To being the only major Republican who has implicitly endorsed an illegal coup among state legislators to elect Trump against the will of the people.

What the f—k happened???

I've always just presumed Lindsey is closeted, and Trump (or more likely, his Russian friends) have some mortally embarrassing material pertaining to that, and Trump uses it to yank Lindsey around the same way Putin yanks Trump's leash.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #12942 on: November 06, 2020, 12:27:07 AM »

7am and Biden has still not pulled ahead in PA ?

A bit disappointing, but I actually thought it would happen today rather than yesterday ...

GA is really close, maybe it will stay Trump.

What’s left to count ? 5k votes and a few military ballots ?
musicblind
United States

« Reply #12943 on: November 06, 2020, 12:27:33 AM »

Ossoff is on TV... hubba.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12944 on: November 06, 2020, 12:27:57 AM »

A bit disappointing, but I actually thought it would happen today rather than yesterday ...

There is about 20k left to count, Ebenezer.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12945 on: November 06, 2020, 12:28:23 AM »

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but Mitch McConnell is better than Lindsey Graham. I hoped against hope that after win ing another 6 years, Lindsey would moderate himself again. Instead he is as far as I know now the ONLY major GOP figure who has implicitly endorsed ignoring the vote and letting state legislatures pick alternative Republican electors. Mitch wasn’t having that s—t, just said all the votes need to be counted.

I know people joke a lot about Graham being gay, but I genuinely suspect Trump has some sort of psychosexual hold on him.

I know there are apparently many gay people here based on earlier in the thread. I don’t want to offend anybody but for those of you who are gay and/or have ties to the gay community:

2. Do you think this is sufficient to explain the change we have seen in his behavior for the past few years?

I mean, if you are gay you should know better than anybody how perceptions of being gay have shifted since Obergefell, and how likely it is that someone would go out of their way to betray everything they ostensibly believe in to avoid being outed.

Graham "pings" in my opinion. If I saw him out and about, I'd think him more likely gay than not.

That said, I don't know his personal situation well enough to say whether it is sufficient to explain his recent behavior. I'll tell you this — I grew up in a small town where alcohol was still illegal until just ten years ago... I was terrified of being outted back then. I would have wound up dead in a ditch somewhere.

So, I don't know Graham's particular situation. If he were outted, his career would be over, but I imagine, given the power of his position, that he'd be in a lot safer place than I was. But who knows?

Would it really be over though? I mean he’s just won another 6 years. What is SC gonna do, recall him somehow? By 2026, he’ll probably have to be pro-gay to survive anyway.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12946 on: November 06, 2020, 12:28:32 AM »

Vote counts were halted for a number of hours due to Trump's campaign spamming lawsuits. That should happen tomorrow.

GA is not staying Trump with the 10,000+ outstanding votes in ATL metro.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12947 on: November 06, 2020, 12:28:36 AM »

OK, I’m going to post one of my most conspiratorial and controverisal theories:

Lindsey Graham is gay and was IN LOVE with John McCain. Wasn’t just friends with him, had an unrequited romantic attraction to him. This is what kept him relatively grounded and moderate, the type of “maverick” who praised Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton, for years.

But when McCain died, everything changed. Not just because the man he was in love with was gone, but also because the Trump camp dug deep enough to find evidence of Graham’s relatively open secret. And he is so terrified of being outed, he will do ANYTHING to avoid it, including disgrace the memory of the man he loved and betray his own principles.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #12948 on: November 06, 2020, 12:29:48 AM »

Would it really be over though? I mean he’s just won another 6 years. What is SC gonna do, recall him somehow? By 2026, he’ll probably have to be pro-gay to survive anyway.

It would be over in 2026, and I doubt he'd want it to be.

He may also have friends and/or family he is afraid of losing.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12949 on: November 06, 2020, 12:30:07 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 513 514 515 516 517 [518] 519 520 521 522 523 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies