2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:01:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 520 521 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 618126 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12875 on: November 05, 2020, 11:59:34 PM »

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but Mitch McConnell is better than Lindsey Graham. I hoped against hope that after winning another 6 years, Lindsey would moderate himself again. Instead he is as far as I know now the ONLY major GOP figure who has implicitly endorsed ignoring the vote and letting state legislatures pick alternative Republican electors. Mitch wasn’t having that s—t, just said all the votes need to be counted.
They must have some real good dirt on Lindsey.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12876 on: November 05, 2020, 11:59:53 PM »

Way to disappoint me republicans Sad

But seriously, no to the top 3, please no.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #12877 on: November 06, 2020, 12:00:12 AM »

Ivanka is the only Trump that should even think about running.  Trump Jr. would be terrible.
Do you think hoping the SC overturns an outcome is calling for a cout if there is evidence to the legitimacy of the election process? They literally are calling me a revolutionary or some BS.
Only if there is evidence.  Haven't seen anything yet to quantify it.
Fair. Listen I am realistic. I am just optimistic. I realize it may not go our way.
seb_pard
« Reply #12878 on: November 06, 2020, 12:00:30 AM »

How much vote is outstanding in PA now? Did Philly report? Is PA pretty much a done thing for Biden like we thought 8 hours ago when I went to bed?

What about Arizona. Any way that that is slipping from Biden?
175k ballots left in PA, 58k from Philly and 36k from Allegheny (those will be counted tomorrow)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12879 on: November 06, 2020, 12:00:43 AM »

Ivanka is the only Trump that should even think about running.  Trump Jr. would be terrible.
Do you think hoping the SC overturns an outcome is calling for a cout if there is evidence to the legitimacy of the election process? They literally are calling me a revolutionary or some BS.

SN, we lost this election (on the presidential level, at least).  There are convincing arguments about why it wasn't a disaster for the GOP, but sometimes the simple explanation is the true explanation, rather than some conspiracy theory.  I'm not saying that mass voter fraud is impossible, but it is improbable enough to require a very high level of proof, which we have not seen at all.  Plus, if there were systematic voter fraud, I don't think it would have allowed us to keep the Senate (most likely) and gain in the House.
hear, hear!
European Lefty
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.69, S: -7.68

« Reply #12880 on: November 06, 2020, 12:00:47 AM »

Ivanka is the only Trump that should even think about running.  Trump Jr. would be terrible.

SN, we lost this election (on the presidential level, at least).  There are convincing arguments about why it wasn't a disaster for the GOP, but sometimes the simple explanation is the true explanation, rather than some conspiracy theory.  I'm not saying that mass voter fraud is impossible, but it is improbable enough to require a very high level of proof, which we have not seen at all.  Plus, if there were systematic voter fraud, I don't think it would have allowed us to keep the Senate (most likely) and gain in the House.
Exactly. If Democrats have rigged the election they've done a very bad job of it
Buzz

« Reply #12881 on: November 06, 2020, 12:01:23 AM »

Way to disappoint me republicans Sad

But seriously, no to the top 3, please no.

Yea not the most inspiring top 3.  Pence is fine and Haley is meh.  Don Jr. is a big HELL NO.  Where is Josh Hawley?!?!
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12882 on: November 06, 2020, 12:01:27 AM »

Harris would humiliate Trump Jr. As with most on that list. I hope she doesn't run though.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #12883 on: November 06, 2020, 12:01:31 AM »

Republican voters are truly pathetic
I mean Pence, Haley, Romney and Cruz are okay possibilities. Surprised Tucker is low and Trump jr is a no no
I honestly think we gotta "reward" fellow hispanics with putting one on the ticket. We've learned the GOP can't win with less than 30% of the Hispanic vote

Opinion of the Texas GOP redistricting the Rio Grande in 2022 for more Hispanic Republicans?
I honestly don't know enough about that part of Texas in order to say, my only knowledge is basically TX-23 and Tarrant/Dallas. I'd hope they'd be able to redistrict in some more Hispanic Republicans, we really need some, perhaps one of those three new seats could go there because Texas is changing the way they'll be counting the population I heard. Anything for better representation in the party.
Hassan 2022
Calm NH Lib
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12884 on: November 06, 2020, 12:01:38 AM »

SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #12885 on: November 06, 2020, 12:01:55 AM »

SN, we lost this election (on the presidential level, at least).  There are convincing arguments about why it wasn't a disaster for the GOP, but sometimes the simple explanation is the true explanation, rather than some conspiracy theory.  I'm not saying that mass voter fraud is impossible, but it is improbable enough to require a very high level of proof, which we have not seen at all.  Plus, if there were systematic voter fraud, I don't think it would have allowed us to keep the Senate (most likely) and gain in the House.
Fair point. I guess my larger concern is about the counting process which the mail voting. Why not just count everything with independent watchers in Georgia, Michigan, Penn, AZ. Make sure it is right? Would the country really suffer that much?
GAKas
Rookie

« Reply #12886 on: November 06, 2020, 12:02:05 AM »

So does anyone know why election observers (of which there are plenty in Philly btw) aren't able to walk around while they count ballots? I assume because it's due to COVID, but is it also seen as possible intimidation? Legitimately curious
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #12887 on: November 06, 2020, 12:02:17 AM »

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but Mitch McConnell is better than Lindsey Graham. I hoped against hope that after winning another 6 years, Lindsey would moderate himself again. Instead he is as far as I know now the ONLY major GOP figure who has implicitly endorsed ignoring the vote and letting state legislatures pick alternative Republican electors. Mitch wasn’t having that s—t, just said all the votes need to be counted.
It's not that good if it's an open secret.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #12888 on: November 06, 2020, 12:02:37 AM »

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #12889 on: November 06, 2020, 12:02:42 AM »

How much vote is outstanding in PA now? Did Philly report? Is PA pretty much a done thing for Biden like we thought 8 hours ago when I went to bed?

I'm willing to call Pennsylvania if the pundits aren't. The swings are just demolishing Trump. It would take a little more than a small miracle for him to prevail there at this point.

Arizona I'm less certain of, but Trump keeps underperforming in these vote dumps. He's not underperforming by enough that I'd feel comfortable calling it like PA, but I would much rather be Biden than Trump even if the election hinged on AZ.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12890 on: November 06, 2020, 12:02:43 AM »

It's 12:01.

WHERE ARE MY BALLOTS, GEORGIA?!?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12891 on: November 06, 2020, 12:03:40 AM »

THIS is Trump's rhetoric.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #12892 on: November 06, 2020, 12:03:48 AM »

It's 12:01.

WHERE ARE MY BALLOTS, GEORGIA?!?
I'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #12893 on: November 06, 2020, 12:03:49 AM »

Thought:

Is it destiny that the race will be called when we reach Page 538? ? ? ?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12894 on: November 06, 2020, 12:04:01 AM »

It's not that good if it's an open secret.
I don't think it's that.
European Lefty
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.69, S: -7.68

« Reply #12895 on: November 06, 2020, 12:04:15 AM »

CNN showing Trump's lead in PA down to ~22.5k
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12896 on: November 06, 2020, 12:04:19 AM »

175k ballots left in PA, 58k from Philly and 36k from Allegheny (those will be counted tomorrow)
OK, so basically PA should be safe for Biden by now?
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #12897 on: November 06, 2020, 12:04:27 AM »

Stop cockblocking us GA!!!!
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #12898 on: November 06, 2020, 12:04:37 AM »

Fair point. I guess my larger concern is about the counting process which the mail voting. Why not just count everything with independent watchers in Georgia, Michigan, Penn, AZ. Make sure it is right? Would the country really suffer that much?

I agree that we should make this more transparent and less drawn out, but that doesn't mean that the results are rigged
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #12899 on: November 06, 2020, 12:04:42 AM »

THIS is Trump's rhetoric.

Yep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_(terrorism)#Stochastic_terrorism
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 520 521 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies