2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 02:00:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 646124 times)
politics_king
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12775 on: November 05, 2020, 11:38:04 PM »

Can we just take a minute and pay homage to the real MVP of this election? The Magic Wall Magician, John King. Thank you.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #12776 on: November 05, 2020, 11:38:14 PM »

Really hope some people don't start with the whole "Joe Biden isn't my President" BS.  

Joe Biden IS your President
Donald Trump was your President
Barack Obama was your President

I wish them all the best.  I will support Joe Biden as he begins his term and hope he does well even though I don't think its the best direction at all.

No they never gave Trump a chance. I will never give Biden a chance if he somehow "wins." Period.

I gave him a chance until the travel ban. Not my fault he blew it within the first ****ing week.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12777 on: November 05, 2020, 11:38:35 PM »

Really hope some people don't start with the whole "Joe Biden isn't my President" BS.  

I wish them all the best.  I will support Joe Biden as he begins his term and hope he does well even though I don't think its the best direction at all.

If more Republicans had your mindset this country would be a lot better place.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #12778 on: November 05, 2020, 11:38:59 PM »

vitoNova
United States

« Reply #12779 on: November 05, 2020, 11:39:02 PM »

Why isn't Biden ahead in PA?

The writing is on the wall.

Trump will win.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #12780 on: November 05, 2020, 11:39:13 PM »

Can we just take a minute and pay homage to the real MVP of this election? The Magic Wall Magician, John King. Thank you.

Kornacki>>>
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #12781 on: November 05, 2020, 11:39:20 PM »

I think we should always be open to people on all sides, even if they are at the extremes, like SN...
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #12782 on: November 05, 2020, 11:39:29 PM »

Kinda want Trump to chill out because this might hurt his 2024 prospects, on the other hand I feel there is plenty of things that can be exposed in our voting system.  Also Trump has already proved he can go full moronic idiot mode and it doesn't matter.

Do you mind me asking why you’d like to see him run again/support his run again?
He almost won in this terrible environment, he would win in 2024 easily.

That's why you think he'd win, why do you want him to run?
The first three years of his presidency were amazing. Without COVID he's running away with this thing and extremely popular. He's gonna improve with everyone except white men from 2016.

You guys talk out of both sides of your mouth on this.

First you say COVID is what hurt Trump, and he would win with ease without it.

But you also say Trump had way more support than expected (and some of you blue avatars said he would win) because of the lockdowns.

Look, the guy and his racist nonsense about "looters" (we know exactly what that's code for), and dog-whistling to groups like Proud Boys and such just isn't popular with the majority of the country and you're seeing that now. Biden is on track to get 4 or 5 million more votes than him, and that's because despite a solid economy, low unemployment, and no foreign entanglements, it's himself and his mouth that's to blame here.

The silent majority isn't what it was in 1968 and you're gonna have to come to terms with that.

I can see his viewpoint.

Before COVID-19 came this year, Trump built up a good reputation with a fair percentage of the population, through the credit that was attributed to him in some areas, like the economy and foreign policy.

When COVID-19 came this year, the weakness of Trump were exposed, particularly in his inability to deal with the pandemic effectively, and worse, by running away from the situation during the last few months.

The truth is, a President needs to be the entire package, like FDR was, with his handling of both the economy and a crisis situation like World War II. Trump might have passed in the economy aspect, but he failed miserably in the crisis management category.

It does not matter that COVID-19 happened in just the last year of his first term. This year, 2020, can easily outweigh all of the good things that he accomplished in the first 3 years.

I am just repeating his viewpoint, but seeing it with a different lens.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #12783 on: November 05, 2020, 11:39:35 PM »

No they never gave Trump a chance. I will never give Biden a chance if he somehow "wins." Period.

It doesn't matter that you won't give him a chance. I matters that your state did.
Pick Up the Phone

« Reply #12784 on: November 05, 2020, 11:39:40 PM »

It's incredible that Republicans are still trying to frame the outcome of this election as a victory, even though Trump is on track to lose both the popular vote and the electoral college by significant margins. Not only will he go down in history as a liar, fraud, and national embarrassment, but also as a pathetic one term loser. Sad! Trump running in 2024? More likely that he'll be in jail by then.

Obviously, the idea that the courts are going to save him has always been a delusional fantasy. But if it helps people to cope with the imminent Biden victory...
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #12785 on: November 05, 2020, 11:39:43 PM »

Bee Hive Caribbean Elbow Switch?
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #12786 on: November 05, 2020, 11:40:21 PM »

Seriously, does anyone know what is going on out of Clayton? The jar I heard was the little old ladies gathering up their things with the dump allegedly imminent, then radio silence.

I've heard Clayton gets dropped around midnight.

I'm predicting my dump will also drop around midnight.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #12787 on: November 05, 2020, 11:40:23 PM »

I still dont understand why people think Michelle Obama is interested in politics, she never campaigned for Biden
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12788 on: November 05, 2020, 11:40:28 PM »

Just woke up. About to go to work. Can anybody give the quick rundown?
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #12789 on: November 05, 2020, 11:40:32 PM »

We stan!!!!
Andy Hine
Rookie
« Reply #12790 on: November 05, 2020, 11:40:47 PM »

Why isn't Biden ahead in PA?

The writing is on the wall.

Trump will win.

Stop posting.
European Lefty
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.69, S: -7.68

« Reply #12791 on: November 05, 2020, 11:41:06 PM »

Just woke up. About to go to work. Can anybody give the quick rundown?
Biden about to win, count painfully slow, Trump voters on suicide watch
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #12792 on: November 05, 2020, 11:41:16 PM »

John KING Is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andy Hine
Rookie
« Reply #12793 on: November 05, 2020, 11:41:29 PM »

Kinda want Trump to chill out because this might hurt his 2024 prospects, on the other hand I feel there is plenty of things that can be exposed in our voting system.  Also Trump has already proved he can go full moronic idiot mode and it doesn't matter.

Do you mind me asking why you’d like to see him run again/support his run again?
He almost won in this terrible environment, he would win in 2024 easily.

That's why you think he'd win, why do you want him to run?
The first three years of his presidency were amazing. Without COVID he's running away with this thing and extremely popular. He's gonna improve with everyone except white men from 2016.

You guys talk out of both sides of your mouth on this.

First you say COVID is what hurt Trump, and he would win with ease without it.

But you also say Trump had way more support than expected (and some of you blue avatars said he would win) because of the lockdowns.

Look, the guy and his racist nonsense about "looters" (we know exactly what that's code for), and dog-whistling to groups like Proud Boys and such just isn't popular with the majority of the country and you're seeing that now. Biden is on track to get 4 or 5 million more votes than him, and that's because despite a solid economy, low unemployment, and no foreign entanglements, it's himself and his mouth that's to blame here.

The silent majority isn't what it was in 1968 and you're gonna have to come to terms with that.

I can see his viewpoint.

Before COVID-19 came this year, Trump built up a good reputation with a fair percentage of the population, through the credit that was attributed to him in some areas, like the economy and foreign policy.

When COVID-19 came this year, the weakness of Trump were exposed, particularly in his inability to deal with the pandemic effectively, and worse, by running away from the situation during the last few months.

The truth is, a President needs to be the entire package, like FDR was, with his handling of both the economy and a crisis situation like World War II. Trump might have passed in the economy aspect, but he failed miserably in the crisis management category.

It does not matter that COVID-19 happened in just the last year of his first term. This year, 2020, can easily outweigh all of the good things that he accomplished in the first 3 years.

I am just repeating his viewpoint, but seeing it with a different lens.

Trump was never popular.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #12794 on: November 05, 2020, 11:41:39 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2020, 11:45:43 PM by BudgieForce »

I still dont understand why people think Michelle Obama is interested in politics, she never campaigned for Biden

I for one am shocked they didnt poll Hillary. Come on guys, 2024 is her year.

*I actually really like Hillary. She shouldnt run though*
Buzz

« Reply #12795 on: November 05, 2020, 11:42:00 PM »

Nate Silver has seen enough!

Guess what Nate, after the last two election I've seen enough of 538 to never visit your site again. Congrats!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12796 on: November 05, 2020, 11:42:09 PM »

It's incredible that Republicans are still trying to frame the outcome of this election as a victory, even though Trump is on track to lose both the popular vote and the electoral college by significant margins. Not only will he go down in history as a liar, fraud, and national embarrassment, but also as a pathetic one term loser. Sad! Trump running in 2024? More likely that he'll be in jail by then.

Obviously, the idea that the courts are going to save him has always been a delusional fantasy. But if it helps people to cope with the imminent Biden victory...

Trump lost, thats almost certain but did the GOP lose? I say wait for the Georgia runoffs but the further you get downballot the worse it gets for Ds.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #12797 on: November 05, 2020, 11:42:14 PM »

Hive Sea Knee Off
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #12798 on: November 05, 2020, 11:42:20 PM »

Bee Hive Caribbean Elbow Switch?
Hive Sea Knee Off
politics_king
United States

« Reply #12799 on: November 05, 2020, 11:42:25 PM »

I think we should always be open to people on all sides, even if they are at the extremes, like SN...

Live look at SN right now.
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies