2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:38:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 635538 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9800 on: November 05, 2020, 10:47:46 AM »

...no sh**t, he'd have won 400+ EVs without mail in ballots
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #9801 on: November 05, 2020, 10:48:28 AM »

Georgia SOS just announced by-county totals of remaining vote for Georgia.  Did we already know that information?  Sounded like there weren't very many left in Fulton.

Yeah, I think that was already known.  It's been sitting at 98% on NYT's map.  
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #9802 on: November 05, 2020, 10:48:40 AM »

Please celebrate, but don't gloat, if/when Biden takes the lead in these states counting mail ballots.  I don't believe that there is anything majorly fraudulent going on here, but it is still really hard watching apparent leads disappear even if you know it's coming.  I remember that well from the AZ-SEN and several CA House races in 2018.  We need to find a more efficient way of counting mail ballots going forward because this sort of result seems fishy to people who don't pay that close of attention to why it's happening, and that appearance can be real for so many people.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9803 on: November 05, 2020, 10:49:30 AM »

Georgia SOS just announced by-county totals of remaining vote for Georgia.  Did we already know that information?  Sounded like there weren't very many left in Fulton.

It said 96% right now
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9804 on: November 05, 2020, 10:49:49 AM »

Please celebrate, but don't gloat, if/when Biden takes the lead in these states counting mail ballots.  I don't believe that there is anything majorly fraudulent going on here, but it is still really hard watching apparent leads disappear even if you know it's coming.  I remember that well from the AZ-SEN and several CA House races in 2018.  We need to find a more efficient way of counting mail ballots going forward because this sort of result seems fishy to people who don't pay that close of attention to why it's happening, and that appearance can be real for so many people.

There is an easy way. Allow early counting in states that don't.
Oh, true, it was proposed, but blocked by Pennsylvania Republicans.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9805 on: November 05, 2020, 10:49:55 AM »

It seems fishy because Republican legislatures did everything in their power to make it seem fishy. If you want elections to be more transparent tell your party to start helping make that happen because right now they aren't.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #9806 on: November 05, 2020, 10:50:03 AM »

Helpless democratic leadership energy coming from the Trump campaign.

Speaking of helpless. You’re a Democrat in Florida? How does that feel....?

Why don't you ask Senator Joe Kennedy?

RIP MillennialModerate: June 12, 2017, 03:13:07 AM - November 5, 2020, 10:45:21 AM.

Even though he insists he isn't trolling. The levels of it are dumbfounding, you could literally say the sky is blue but you'll get some argument about how nope, it'll be green before the night is over.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9807 on: November 05, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »

We knew that. They said this morning there was only like 10-11K out in Fulton
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9808 on: November 05, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »

So what?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9809 on: November 05, 2020, 10:51:17 AM »

It said 96% right now

It feels best to ignore those for the most part.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9810 on: November 05, 2020, 10:51:26 AM »

Can Biden still take the lead in PA today without Allegheny?

If this is true, that’s ridiculous.  Finish the freaking count before you take a day off.

Yeah thats totally unacceptable. Count or get fired. The entire country is waiting for you. Its critical to our democracy and ensuring the peace.

Completely and utterly unacceptable.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #9811 on: November 05, 2020, 10:51:30 AM »

No, no. Not only we'll a bunch gloat, it's well deserved. Turnabout is fair play, sir.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9812 on: November 05, 2020, 10:51:58 AM »

Helpless democratic leadership energy coming from the Trump campaign.

Speaking of helpless. You’re a Democrat in Florida? How does that feel....?

Honestly being a Democrat in Florida is a lot more efficacious than one in Massachusetts. In Florida, if you better reach out/organize Hispanics, and convince people around you, you can change the country for the better. In Massachusetts...? Your state is as safe as can be and has no clout to change national politics.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9813 on: November 05, 2020, 10:52:09 AM »

Not good at all, and the fact Atlas STILL hasn’t learned to not be an echo chamber is shocking.
After last night, I would expect at least a bit more caution.

The fact that Michigan was called for Biden I would think you a little more humble and aelf-aware, but apparently not.

The fact that Elliot county went for Trump by a greater margin might teach you a bit, but apparently not.

Did Alben Barkley sleep with your girlfriend or something? You have a problem.

My real problem is idiots like him try to act "high quality" and chase off actual high quality posters like Elections Guy of this forum.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9814 on: November 05, 2020, 10:52:14 AM »

PLSIV, I just want to thank you for your consistently evenhanded, good-faith #analysis of American politics, even if you and I sharply disagree on many things. That's a rare commodity these days.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9815 on: November 05, 2020, 10:52:30 AM »

Get the Republican legislature to allow early processing of ballots.

This is intentional design, and it's designed by Republican Politicians.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9816 on: November 05, 2020, 10:52:34 AM »

There are 11,000 left in Fulton
7,000 in Clayton
18,000 in Chatham

and a bunch of other counties IIRC.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9817 on: November 05, 2020, 10:52:37 AM »

Please stop posting nonsense from the Trump team and bickering!

The election is probably going to be decided in the next 2 hours.  We should be focused on numbers, numbers, numbers.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9818 on: November 05, 2020, 10:52:43 AM »

This is why getting the run-off with Ossoff and Warnock is important. Mitch is going to Mitch. And hopefully a Hail Mary happens and Cunningham squeaks out a stunner.

AG Doug Jones incoming.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #9819 on: November 05, 2020, 10:52:53 AM »

Absolutely. He also would’ve won the state if everyone who voted for Biden just didn’t vote!

Those damn democRATS and their propensity to vote. If only they would all move to another planet so that Trump could win all 50 states.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #9820 on: November 05, 2020, 10:53:16 AM »

I kind of dislike the counting before election day idea, all ballots should be unknown until all ballots are cast. Maybe there's a case to be made for the processing re:valid signatures and so on, but counting votes before all votes are received just smells wrong to me.

I think the solution is happening now - move the American people beyond the unreasonable expectation that they'll always know the winner by bedtime, or by breakfast at worst.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9821 on: November 05, 2020, 10:53:28 AM »

This is why getting the run-off with Ossoff and Warnock is important. Mitch is going to Mitch. And hopefully a Hail Mary happens and Cunningham squeaks out a stunner.

AG Doug Jones incoming.

I would be quite happy with that.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9822 on: November 05, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »

BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #9823 on: November 05, 2020, 10:53:41 AM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9824 on: November 05, 2020, 10:53:55 AM »

https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=4owr

Does this seem like a fair map of where things stand?
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies