2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:43:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 617509 times)
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6625 on: November 04, 2020, 01:10:23 PM »

Not going to happen. Arizona & Nevada will go for Biden. Although it'll be close.
Why do votes keep spawning out of nowhere to make Biden's lead disappear? Suspicious! /s
politics_king
United States

« Reply #6626 on: November 04, 2020, 01:10:35 PM »

I think that Georgia looks very unlikely, but how does the Times needle still favor Biden? What am I missing?

Brain cells. It’s been the most predictable of the none safe states since ... November of 2016. But alas

Why are you so hung up on this? Either way Georgia will be ridiculously slim. There was no actual REASON to think it was impossible after the left trends in 2016 and 2018. You just keep saying that for absolutely no reason. What a bizarre hill to die on, especially for someone who apparently lives nowhere near Georgia you seem awfully emotional about it.

It's trolling. These doomers want the worst case scenario. GoTfan is the same, I would just put them on mute at this point or just don't engage and let them troll. Once the results are in, there in. If everything goes Biden's way, they'll go on and on about Biden not performing, a few don't go his way, they go on and on about how they were right. It's grifting.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6627 on: November 04, 2020, 01:10:53 PM »

The swings in WI are super fascinating. Atlas is going to a field day analyzing all the results once we get the complete results. Looks like Biden won because of a few factors:
1) Turnout in Milwaukee County: Hillary won +162K, while Biden won it by +183K
2) Turnout in Dane County: Hillary won +132K, while Biden won it by +181K
3) Decreased R margins in WOW: Hillary lost by -104K, while lost them by -97K depite a huge turnout increase

Combined, these 3 areas gave Hillary a net margin of +180K, while Biden won them by +267K

In the rest of WI, Hillary lost by -203K, while Biden lost by -246k!

#TrendsAreReal
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #6628 on: November 04, 2020, 01:11:08 PM »

The swings in WI are super fascinating. Atlas is going to a field day analyzing all the results once we get the complete results. Looks like Biden won because of a few factors:
1) D Turnout in Milwaukee County: Hillary won +162K, while Biden won it by +183K
2) D Turnout in Dane County: Hillary won +132K, while Biden won it by +181K
3) Decreased R margins in WOW: Hillary lost by -104K, while Biden lost them by -97K depite a huge turnout increase

Combined, these 3 areas gave Hillary a net margin of +180K, while Biden won them by +267K

So anyway looks like Kenosha county WI swung 2 points to the right,

Kenosha BUMP?

lol.

Rural-Urban polarization increasing even further.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #6629 on: November 04, 2020, 01:11:14 PM »

I think that Georgia looks very unlikely, but how does the Times needle still favor Biden? What am I missing?

Brain cells. It’s been the most predictable of the none safe states since ... November of 2016. But alas
Why are you being such an asshole about Georgia?
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6630 on: November 04, 2020, 01:11:21 PM »

Why are you so hung up on this? Either way Georgia will be ridiculously slim. There was no actual REASON to think it was impossible after the left trends in 2016 and 2018. You just keep saying that for absolutely no reason. What a bizarre hill to die on, especially for someone who apparentlynlives nowhere near Georgia you seem awfully emotional about it.

Cause the sun belt fantasy aside from Arizona is nauseating. We hear this BS constantly about rapidly changing this and rapidly changing that. Yes in some ways but in other ways the rurals are becoming more and more and more entrenched. It gives Dems this false hope that’s unfounded. Never said there wasn’t a shot of it being close. The GOV race was razor thin when both parties had awful canidates - but to actually tip over into the Dem column was fools gold and anyone who had it on their map just ... idk. just needs to reasses how they analyze things politicallly
politics_king
United States

« Reply #6631 on: November 04, 2020, 01:11:28 PM »

Not going to happen. Arizona & Nevada will go for Biden. Although it'll be close.
Why do votes keep spawning out of nowhere to make Biden's lead disappear? Suspicious! /s

Nah, just the process but I'm assuming you're being sarcastic.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6632 on: November 04, 2020, 01:11:46 PM »

Why are you so hung up on this? Either way Georgia will be ridiculously slim. There was no actual REASON to think it was impossible after the left trends in 2016 and 2018. You just keep saying that for absolutely no reason. What a bizarre hill to die on, especially for someone who apparently lives nowhere near Georgia you seem awfully emotional about it.

It's trolling. These doomers want the worst case scenario. GoTfan is the same, I would just put them on mute at this point or just don't engage and let them troll. Once the results are in, there in. If everything goes Biden's way, they'll go on and on about Biden not performing, a few don't go his way, they go on and on about how they were right. It's grifting.

I just don't get trolling. Like what do they get out of spending hours online making unverifiable claims? Seems like such a waste...
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #6633 on: November 04, 2020, 01:12:10 PM »

1) D Turnout in Milwaukee County: Hillary won +162K, while Biden won it by +183K
3) Decreased R margins in WOW: Hillary lost by -104K, while Biden lost them by -97K depite a huge turnout increase

Kenosha BUMP?

lol.

Becoming increasingly clear that it's not rural-urban, it's educated-uneducated.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #6634 on: November 04, 2020, 01:12:35 PM »

Nah, just the process but I'm assuming you're being sarcastic.
Unlike the Commander-in-Chief.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #6635 on: November 04, 2020, 01:12:42 PM »

Susan survives !

If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #6636 on: November 04, 2020, 01:12:58 PM »

With Muskegon County pretty much on a knife's edge tilting towards Trump for the whole reporting period, very curious about the final extent of the Mahoning Effect. No surprises here in Maryland, Biden breaks FredCo out of the Class of '64 as predicted in 2018 and puffs up a hair on the Eastern Shore, all expected stuff. Georgia is becoming a real nail-biter with so much from the metros and Sanford Bishop's country still outstanding.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #6637 on: November 04, 2020, 01:13:15 PM »

Susan survives !

Yeah!!!!!!!
politics_king
United States

« Reply #6638 on: November 04, 2020, 01:13:30 PM »

Susan survives !

Ugh. Well, you can at least count on Collins and Murkowski going rogue on legislation votes.
LostFellow
LostHerro

« Reply #6639 on: November 04, 2020, 01:13:38 PM »

Kenosha BUMP?

lol.

Becoming increasingly clear that it's not rural-urban, it's educated-uneducated.

Yep the plains and parts of the mountain west shifting left illuminate this.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #6640 on: November 04, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »

Susan survives !

Disgusting
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6641 on: November 04, 2020, 01:14:07 PM »

I agree that Collins is in a better spot than Gideon, I just think it's way way closer than the narrative suggests. I've shown my working, you can disagree with them freely, fiddle around the edges... the point isn't Gideon will win, the point is Gideon still has a realistic chance of winning.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #6642 on: November 04, 2020, 01:14:21 PM »

Out of interest, is there a reporting error in Pottawattamie County, IA?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6643 on: November 04, 2020, 01:14:22 PM »

Ozaukee was just 55-43 Trump.
Ouch.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6644 on: November 04, 2020, 01:14:34 PM »

FWIW, the PA exit poll for FOX/AP also points to a Biden 2-4 pt win too. The CNN one had Biden +4
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6645 on: November 04, 2020, 01:14:45 PM »

If Biden wins I’ll be disgusted with the congressional angle but I’ll just be relieved - no trashing. Especially since I’m one of the few who actually likes Biden beyond disliking Trump
politics_king
United States

« Reply #6646 on: November 04, 2020, 01:15:21 PM »

I agree that Collins is in a better spot than Gideon, I just think it's way way closer than the narrative suggests. I've shown my working, you can disagree with them freely, fiddle around the edges... the point isn't Gideon will win, the point is Gideon still has a realistic chance of winning.

Gideon conceded.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6647 on: November 04, 2020, 01:15:27 PM »

Susan survives !

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6648 on: November 04, 2020, 01:15:31 PM »

That's far too early from Gideon and I hope there isn't reason to regret it in the near future.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6649 on: November 04, 2020, 01:15:41 PM »

With Muskegon County pretty much on a knife's edge tilting towards Trump for the whole reporting period, very curious about the final extent of the Mahoning Effect. No surprises here in Maryland, Biden breaks FredCo out of the Class of '64 as predicted in 2018 and puffs up a hair on the Eastern Shore, all expected stuff. Georgia is becoming a real nail-biter with so much from the metros and Sanford Bishop's country still outstanding.
There's outstanding vote from GA-02?
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies