2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:58:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 617556 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6500 on: November 04, 2020, 12:42:56 PM »

Is there any chance at all that Gideon wins? I can't figure out who the remaining vote in Maine will favor.
You gotta think Collins needs to be in the 47-48 range for that to be likely for Gideon to win on IRV, although I'll defer to anyone who knows more

Also all of Cumberland is in for Maine, the rest of the state is still out although not sure how later ballots lean.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6501 on: November 04, 2020, 12:43:00 PM »

I’m starting to think something stinks here

These numbers seem impossible

Trump likely converted a lot of Hispanic Clinton voters in these counties.

Except he didn't. That's what I find weird. Biden retained the same number of votes as her, just tens of thousands of net-new Trumpers emerged.

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

People are claiming I am a conspiracy theorist, but I am genuinely curious where these voters came from. It's just surprising to me. I get Miami Dade, the Cuban trends were clear. But this?

Massive push to drive up turnout across the country? And those counties have had atrocious turnout for years.

Told ya that lo turnout would reveal some shocks in areas with traditionally low turnout

Texas exit polls for hispanics were 59-40 Biden, if you assume urban hispanics voted Biden at a higher rate, you can easily get to 55-45 in rural south texas.

Unless you think the exit polls were fabricated as well.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #6502 on: November 04, 2020, 12:43:23 PM »

Pardon my french but, what the f*** is the hold up? Let's get a move on already it's 1 PM the following day with almost a complete stall since 3 AM last night.

Nevada won't count everything until tomorrow and PA should finish by Friday. We should know about AZ, GA & MI today.
ObamaMichael
Rookie
« Reply #6503 on: November 04, 2020, 12:43:32 PM »

Biden says that they will flip at least 3 states per their data.
He also says that the margins in WI, MI, PA will be bigger than Trump's margins in 2016.

Am I looking to much into it or are they not so sure about AZ?

Edit: flip* not win
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6504 on: November 04, 2020, 12:43:39 PM »

Control of the senate will likely hinge on the runoff in Georgia glad its Warnock vs Loeffler Cunningham looks toast and its looking really hard for Gideon to pull off a win in Maine but theirs a lot of votes left to count their so lets see

Uhh are you bad at math

If Gideon and Cunningham loses the Senate is over
Ah sorry I should have clarified I also meant hoping the remaining mail ins drag Perdue down to a runoff

Right. But don't try and have a conversation with MillenialModerate about Georgia.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #6505 on: November 04, 2020, 12:43:47 PM »

I don't mean to sound like a broken record here with Puerto Rico, but seriously, we just saw the first step toward a 51st state. It's a "piss or get off the pot" referendum, statehood or independence. Statehood is leading right now. The government can't be forced to act, but surely Democrats will want to get behind this to improve their position for the 2022 midterms and 2024. Why is no one talking about it?

The weirdness of the presidential race distracted from other important issues.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6506 on: November 04, 2020, 12:43:50 PM »

Except he didn't. That's what I find weird. Biden retained the same number of votes as her, just tens of thousands of net-new Trumpers emerged.

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

People are claiming I am a conspiracy theorist, but I am genuinely curious where these voters came from. It's just surprising to me. I get Miami Dade, the Cuban trends were clear. But this?

Well turnout here is usually super awful so there were a lot of of hidden voters to begin with.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6507 on: November 04, 2020, 12:44:01 PM »

Biden now up nearly 50K in Michigan, nearly 1%.

Peters only down 7k now.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #6508 on: November 04, 2020, 12:44:11 PM »

I don't mean to sound like a broken record here with Puerto Rico, but seriously, we just saw the first step toward a 51st state. It's a "piss or get off the pot" referendum, statehood or independence. Statehood is leading right now. The government can't be forced to act, but surely Democrats will want to get behind this to improve their position for the 2022 midterms and 2024. Why is no one talking about it?

Yeah, I guess that's a bright spot. Sort of forgot about that in all the hullabaloo. Hard for me to see its clearing the Senate though.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6509 on: November 04, 2020, 12:44:36 PM »

I'm about to take a break but just wanted to summarize what's up real quick -- let me know if I have anything wrong.

WI -- basically just got called for Biden
MI -- Biden has a lead, and the outstanding vote is mostly Detroit and mail-ins
AZ -- Biden has a solid lead, and the outstanding vote is mostly Phoenix and mail-ins
NV -- Biden has a lead, and the outstanding vote is mostly early vote from Vegas/Reno
======= Biden winning the above 4 states = 270 ==========
PA -- Biden is down and needs to win by a 3-1 margin, but the outstanding votes are primarily mail-in ballots from heavily-Democratic areas.
GA -- Biden is down and needs to win by a 2-1 margin, but the outstanding votes are primarily Atlanta and mail-ins
NC -- Biden is down and needs to win by a 3-1 margin, but the outstanding votes are primarily from Raleigh/Greensboro

ME -- unclear where the remaining votes are located, and unclear how the RCV would shake out, but Collins has probably held on
NC -- Cunningham is slightly underperforming Biden
MI -- Peters is substantially underperforming Biden
GA -- Perdue is above 50%, but will likely end below 50% given the outstanding vote.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6510 on: November 04, 2020, 12:44:57 PM »

There are only 300 votes left to count in Wisconsin.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #6511 on: November 04, 2020, 12:45:08 PM »

He also says that the margins in WI, MI, PA will be bigger than Trump's margins in 2016.

It's probably that Arizona has already been called.
UncleSam

« Reply #6512 on: November 04, 2020, 12:45:12 PM »

Peters only down 7k now.
Do we know how many outstanding votes there are in Wayne and Grand Rapids?

Antrim is obviously a counting error that will favor Rs by around 7k net votes when it's corrected.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6513 on: November 04, 2020, 12:45:27 PM »

If John James wins blame Oakland County liberals who feel guilty and wanted to pay reparations in some form.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6514 on: November 04, 2020, 12:45:39 PM »

No you’re not. Arizona is going Trump IMO. Don’t tell that to anyone on here
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #6515 on: November 04, 2020, 12:45:40 PM »

Peters only down 7k now.
Will Peters lose?
kwabbit

« Reply #6516 on: November 04, 2020, 12:45:56 PM »

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

These counties in South Texas have always had anemic turnout. If they're engaged, turnouts gonna boom. Trump's gain was a mix of persuasion and turnout out low propensity voters for him. But Biden's still going to gain votes if turnout increases that much.

It just seems odd bc Trump put no effort into TX (like he did FL)

He doesn't have to personally go to TX to attract these voters. My guess is that these voters may have liked Trump's message outside of immigration in 2016 but his focus on immigration drove them away. Now that he stopped talking about it they flocked to him.

The Tejanos were always a group that could swing R, especially with Trump at the top of the ticket. They're working class and strongly disconnected from the pro-suburbanite message of the Biden campaign. This was definitely going on for a while. Dave Wasserman wouldn't shut up about it and Kamala Harris made a last minute trip to McAllen.

It's long been said that Hispanics were a natural constituency for the GOP if they stopped talking about immigration. Perhaps there was some truth to that.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #6517 on: November 04, 2020, 12:46:40 PM »

Peters might win by a few thousand votes when said and done. most is still in Wayne County
Angel of Death
« Reply #6518 on: November 04, 2020, 12:46:55 PM »

Why do people keep stating that independence is an option in the referendum? It's simply "statehood yes or no".
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #6519 on: November 04, 2020, 12:47:00 PM »

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

These counties in South Texas have always had anemic turnout. If they're engaged, turnouts gonna boom. Trump's gain was a mix of persuasion and turnout out low propensity voters for him. But Biden's still going to gain votes if turnout increases that much.

He doesn't have to personally go to TX to attract these voters. My guess is that these voters may have liked Trump's message outside of immigration in 2016 but his focus on immigration drove them away. Now that he stopped talking about it they flocked to him.

The Tejanos were always a group that could swing R, especially with Trump at the top of the ticket. They're working class and strongly disconnected from the pro-suburbanite message of the Biden campaign. This was definitely going on for a while. Dave Wasserman wouldn't shut up about it and Kamala Harris made a last minute trip to McAllen.

It's long been said that Hispanics were a natural constituency for the GOP if they stopped talking about immigration. Perhaps there was some truth to that.

For them to go full-on that path, they'd have to sacrifice voters in the Rust Belt. I don't see how they'd be able to maintain that kind of coalition.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6520 on: November 04, 2020, 12:47:21 PM »

Peters only down 7k now.
Will Peters lose?

It’s possible he holds on but I’d say it’s a jump ball which puts senate out of play for 6 years
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #6521 on: November 04, 2020, 12:47:24 PM »

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

I think in the long-term, Hispanics will mirror the journey of Irish- and Italian-Americans, i.e. they will come to be seen as white, and accordingly vote in line with the white average.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #6522 on: November 04, 2020, 12:47:39 PM »

Yeah, I guess that's a bright spot. Sort of forgot about that in all the hullabaloo. Hard for me to see its clearing the Senate though.

Mitch will make sure that's a non-starter. Democrats have to win a Senate majority with the current states for Puerto Rico to be granted statehood.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6523 on: November 04, 2020, 12:47:53 PM »

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

Didn't Bush actually win Tejanos? Like Hillary was obviously uniquely strong with Latinos, but this isn't 2004 all over again.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #6524 on: November 04, 2020, 12:48:14 PM »

Peters only down 7k now.
where are you getting this? its not updated on nytimes
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies