2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:53:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 632850 times)
forsythvoter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6475 on: November 04, 2020, 12:36:40 PM »

Yeah, Biden's NV margin will increase if it follows the trajectory of other mail-in ballots.

Talcum X is worried:

Nevada will go Biden, especially since it's more mail-in ballots.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6476 on: November 04, 2020, 12:36:49 PM »

Control of the senate will likely hinge on the runoff in Georgia glad its Warnock vs Loeffler Cunningham looks toast and its looking really hard for Gideon to pull off a win in Maine but theirs a lot of votes left to count their so lets see
Warnock will win imo no matter who wins the GE Pres.
It’s a bold claim, but I have been saying it for a while now.
Him going against Loeffler of all people will make it even better.

It seems like it should be a slam dunk given how terrible a candidate Loeffler is; however, Warnock was one of the biggest underperformers of the entire map.  He got 32% when polls had him in the 40s.

Loeffler+Collins also underperformed. And he should inch upwards as Atlanta comes in. Looks like all the other random candidates overperformed.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #6477 on: November 04, 2020, 12:37:03 PM »

I really hope James wins just so the GA runoffs don't have any impact on who controls the Senate.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6478 on: November 04, 2020, 12:37:13 PM »

I gotta say, I cannot believe voters still split their ballots for Susan Collins after all this.

I think we sometimes forget who the average voter is
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6479 on: November 04, 2020, 12:37:21 PM »

If PA and GA are good, it’s actually a plausible result given the polls. It would be similar to what happened in 2016 but this time it’s not enough.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6480 on: November 04, 2020, 12:37:36 PM »

One thing is for sure, we're about to get blitzed with money. College ends early due to COVID I'm pretty sure, so I'm going to be pounding the pavement. Georgia was unexpectedly good for Dems, so maybe Ossoff and Warnock could squeak it out.

Tell me you have Venmo. I’ll give you 3 to 1 odds.
kwabbit

« Reply #6481 on: November 04, 2020, 12:37:41 PM »

I’m starting to think something stinks here

These numbers seem impossible

Trump likely converted a lot of Hispanic Clinton voters in these counties.

Except he didn't. That's what I find weird. Biden retained the same number of votes as her, just tens of thousands of net-new Trumpers emerged.

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

People are claiming I am a conspiracy theorist, but I am genuinely curious where these voters came from. It's just surprising to me. I get Miami Dade, the Cuban trends were clear. But this?

These counties in South Texas have always had anemic turnout. If they're engaged, turnouts gonna boom. Trump's gain was a mix of persuasion and turnout out low propensity voters for him. But Biden's still going to gain votes if turnout increases that much.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #6482 on: November 04, 2020, 12:37:53 PM »

Is John James going to win?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6483 on: November 04, 2020, 12:37:55 PM »

Control of the senate will likely hinge on the runoff in Georgia glad its Warnock vs Loeffler Cunningham looks toast and its looking really hard for Gideon to pull off a win in Maine but theirs a lot of votes left to count their so lets see
Warnock will win imo no matter who wins the GE Pres.
It’s a bold claim, but I have been saying it for a while now.
Him going against Loeffler of all people will make it even better.

It seems like it should be a slam dunk given how terrible a candidate Loeffler is; however, Warnock was one of the biggest underperformers of the entire map.  He got 32% when polls had him in the 40s.

Loeffler+Collins also underperformed. And he should inch upwards as Atlanta comes in. Looks like all the other random candidates overperformed.

Loeffler and Collins performed about the same as their polls.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #6484 on: November 04, 2020, 12:38:29 PM »

Is there any chance at all that Gideon wins? I can't figure out who the remaining vote in Maine will favor.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6485 on: November 04, 2020, 12:38:50 PM »

So we have a 4/5 shift in Northampton, 5pt in Lackawanna, and 4pt i Believe in Dauphin.

Seems like based on the numbers thus far there is overall a small shift in PA towards Biden in the rural areas from 2016

Yeah, in all the rurals that are done it appears that Trump either kept pace with 2016 or Biden got a little shift. Meanwhile in the bigger counties that are completed, Biden's at a 4/5 pt shift. Should be enough for a 1-2pt win.
UncleSam

« Reply #6486 on: November 04, 2020, 12:39:01 PM »

I really hope James wins just so the GA runoffs don't have any impact on who controls the Senate.
Looks like Peters will win narrowly? I think there's a counting error in Antrim that will help James but pretty sure there's just enough vote left in Detroit to swing things to Peters anyway (plus possibly some Grand Rapids city vote to boot).
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6487 on: November 04, 2020, 12:39:06 PM »

Except he didn't. That's what I find weird. Biden retained the same number of votes as her, just tens of thousands of net-new Trumpers emerged.

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

People are claiming I am a conspiracy theorist, but I am genuinely curious where these voters came from. It's just surprising to me. I get Miami Dade, the Cuban trends were clear. But this?

I don’t want to insinuate anything, but Southern TX was infamous for voter fraud back in the day.

I don't believe it and we don't have any actual evidence to imply it. Let's not start throwing around allegations, okay? Ya know...for the sake of democracy.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6488 on: November 04, 2020, 12:39:49 PM »

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

These counties in South Texas have always had anemic turnout. If they're engaged, turnouts gonna boom. Trump's gain was a mix of persuasion and turnout out low propensity voters for him. But Biden's still going to gain votes if turnout increases that much.

It just seems odd bc Trump put no effort into TX (like he did FL)
politics_king
United States

« Reply #6489 on: November 04, 2020, 12:40:14 PM »

I would think James loses by a narrow margin and depends on what happens to North Carolina. It would be crazy if the Democrats get 51-49 through all this madness. They'll have to be smart with how they legislate because 2022 could swing back to the GOP in the Senate but these are all big if's. I can't believe we may have Mitch & Nancy still in power. Like WTF.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #6490 on: November 04, 2020, 12:40:18 PM »

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

I don’t want to insinuate anything, but Southern TX was infamous for voter fraud back in the day.

I don't believe it and we don't have any actual evidence to imply it. Let's not start throwing around allegations, okay? Ya know...for the sake of democracy.

Sorry, it was more a historical tidbit. In case my original post didn’t imply it, I don’t really believe there’s anything fishy going on there either.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6491 on: November 04, 2020, 12:40:34 PM »

Is there any chance at all that Gideon wins? I can't figure out who the remaining vote in Maine will favor.
You gotta think Collins needs to be in the 47-48 range for that to be likely for Gideon to win on IRV, although I'll defer to anyone who knows more
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6492 on: November 04, 2020, 12:40:38 PM »

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

Massive push to drive up turnout across the country? And those counties have had atrocious turnout for years.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6493 on: November 04, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »

Trump's betting odds are collapsing.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #6494 on: November 04, 2020, 12:41:14 PM »

Pardon my french but, what the f*** is the hold up? Let's get a move on already it's 1 PM the following day with almost a complete stall since 3 AM last night.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6495 on: November 04, 2020, 12:41:26 PM »

Take Hidalgo County, TX.

Massive push to drive up turnout across the country? And those counties have had atrocious turnout for years.

Told ya that lo turnout would reveal some shocks in areas with traditionally low turnout
charcuterie

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

« Reply #6496 on: November 04, 2020, 12:42:03 PM »

Pardon my french but, what the f*** is the hold up? Let's get a move on already it's 1 PM the following day with almost a complete stall since 3 AM last night.
I agree. It's good that WI is almost done, but I was really expecting GA to have updates by now!
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #6497 on: November 04, 2020, 12:42:32 PM »

I don't mean to sound like a broken record here with Puerto Rico, but seriously, we just saw the first step toward a 51st state. It's a "piss or get off the pot" referendum, statehood or independence. Statehood is leading right now. The government can't be forced to act, but surely Democrats will want to get behind this to improve their position for the 2022 midterms and 2024. Why is no one talking about it?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #6498 on: November 04, 2020, 12:42:38 PM »

Uhh are you bad at math

If Gideon and Cunningham loses the Senate is over
Ah sorry I should have clarified I also meant hoping the remaining mail ins drag Perdue down to a runoff
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6499 on: November 04, 2020, 12:42:49 PM »

I agree. It's good that WI is almost done, but I was really expecting GA to have updates by now!

and AZ, too. They haven't updated since late last night
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies