2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:17:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 617727 times)
new_patomic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: November 03, 2020, 02:44:04 PM »

Ralston here to tell us absolutely nothing

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #601 on: November 03, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »

There's like 10 conflicting reads of the data here but it sounds less DOOMERY than an hour ago.  Must mean the numbers are looking better for Biden.

For me I just need some idea of what this or that statistic that's being dropped means as this is the first time I've watched the election day vote and it gets aggravating when I'm told to just read 25 pages as if I have the time to do that rather than a quick explanation

Florida R turnout is slowing down relative to D’s as the day progresses.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #602 on: November 03, 2020, 02:45:02 PM »

Another big question mark in Florida now is the crossover votes. It’s being hyped up that Biden is getting a nice amount of crossover votes from senior Republican voters so we’ll have to wait and see on that. I also personally believe there will be less Democratic crossover votes for Trump this year because a lot of Dixiecrats have changed their registrations to Republican since 2016.

I read somewhere, but I'm not sure of the validity. That 16% in Sumter county Republicans voted for Biden compared to 10% Dems for Trump.

I think those numbers were actually from St. Pete’s Pinellas poll they just released and tbh, 10% and 16% both seem a little high.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #603 on: November 03, 2020, 02:46:15 PM »

I mean, I don't know what to make of all the data. All I will say is that if Trump wins re-election, it's time to stop polling these races.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #604 on: November 03, 2020, 02:46:40 PM »

Guam update (61% partially reporting, 14k total votes): margin stays pretty consistent since last update at Biden 55.7, Trump 41.5.

Guam update (73% partially reporting, 19k total votes): marginal improvement for Biden to 55.8, Trump at 41.4.

Appears Guam has a similar pro-incumbent bias that Hawaii also has.

I love that memes that were born here, what, 16 years ago are still going strong.

The memes deserve their accolades Smiley

All hail mypalfish for creating the longest-running meme on Atlas.

Heck, for 2004, they probably have a reasonable claim to creating one of the first politics-based memes anywhere on the internet.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #605 on: November 03, 2020, 02:46:46 PM »

There's like 10 conflicting reads of the data here but it sounds less DOOMERY than an hour ago.  Must mean the numbers are looking better for Biden.

For me I just need some idea of what this or that statistic that's being dropped means as this is the first time I've watched the election day vote and it gets aggravating when I'm told to just read 25 pages as if I have the time to do that rather than a quick explanation

I mean, isn't this somewhat expected?  Turnout isn't steady across the day, and the GOP was always going to make up the most in the "after work" 4-6pm voters.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #606 on: November 03, 2020, 02:47:37 PM »

Any data from Pennsylvania?

Biden in Philadelphia. Looks like he is concerned.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #607 on: November 03, 2020, 02:47:44 PM »

I mean, isn't this somewhat expected?  Turnout isn't steady across the day, and the GOP was always going to make up the most in the "after work" 4-6pm voters.

I was under the impression that Democrats usually constituted a greater portion of the after-work voters, but I can't say if that's (a) even a thing and/or (b) even a thing in Florida.  
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #608 on: November 03, 2020, 02:48:00 PM »

AZ: https://www.saguarostrategies.com/arizona-ballot-returns

R 1,025,991 (+42,204)
D   983,787
O   711,727
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #609 on: November 03, 2020, 02:48:26 PM »

I was under the impression that Democrats usually constituted a greater portion of the after-work voters, but I can't say if that's (a) even a thing and/or (b) even a thing in Florida.  

I've also always been under the impression "after work" voting favored democrats.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #610 on: November 03, 2020, 02:49:09 PM »

It is and I expected this to happen but the question was why the forum wasn’t dooming as much as an hour ago so I answered.
Red Wall

« Reply #611 on: November 03, 2020, 02:49:13 PM »

My apologies if already posted, but seems that JOMD and the team are projecting a good amount of confidence in early numbers in relation to how many paths they've built for Joe.

If I'm pulling for Joe I'd keep an eye on AZ + GA + TX + OH + IA + NV + MI + WI. Seems like these, though not all are equally important, will be the keys to a win. PA and FL appear inconsequential.

Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #612 on: November 03, 2020, 02:49:20 PM »

I think Trump takes Florida and Arizona tonight. I am a little worried about the rust belt and North Carolina but it will be a lot closer then the rats think.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #613 on: November 03, 2020, 02:49:33 PM »

I dont know about data but people in Trump campaign have been talking like they have already lost the state lol
new_patomic

« Reply #614 on: November 03, 2020, 02:49:46 PM »

That was my impression.

Though I suppose it might be a bit flipped this year, given Democrats are doing relatively stronger with senior voters who vote in the morning.
Splash
United States

« Reply #615 on: November 03, 2020, 02:50:15 PM »

Anecdotal reporting of the Trump campaign having trouble turning out their voters but no hard numbers.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #616 on: November 03, 2020, 02:51:09 PM »

Another big question mark in Florida now is the crossover votes. It’s being hyped up that Biden is getting a nice amount of crossover votes from senior Republican voters so we’ll have to wait and see on that. I also personally believe there will be less Democratic crossover votes for Trump this year because a lot of Dixiecrats have changed their registrations to Republican since 2016.

I read somewhere, but I'm not sure of the validity. That 16% in Sumter county Republicans voted for Biden compared to 10% Dems for Trump.

If that's true then Trump has no chance of winning most of the swing states.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #617 on: November 03, 2020, 02:51:43 PM »

I think Trump takes Florida and Arizona tonight. I am a little worried about the rust belt and North Carolina but it will be a lot closer then the rats think.

That’s not that good out west
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #618 on: November 03, 2020, 02:52:19 PM »

My apologies if already posted, but seems that JOMD and the team are projecting a good amount of confidence in early numbers in relation to how many paths they've built for Joe.

If I'm pulling for Joe I'd keep an eye on AZ + GA + TX + OH + IA + NV + MI + WI. Seems like these, though not all are equally important, will be the keys to a win. PA and FL appear inconsequential.

Hold on, does this guy think Biden’s not going to win Hispanics? I’m confused as to how this...”chart” works.
ExSky

« Reply #619 on: November 03, 2020, 02:52:49 PM »

looks like those +4/5 Florida Biden polls are gonna be money
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #620 on: November 03, 2020, 02:53:32 PM »

If that's true then Trump has no chance of winning most of the swing states.

Well, that's Sumter county (The Villages) so the higher D->R can be attributed to elderly voters switching.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #621 on: November 03, 2020, 02:53:50 PM »

Tell that to Martha McSally who lost in 2018 with better numbers for her than that in Arizona.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #622 on: November 03, 2020, 02:54:01 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2020, 02:59:22 PM by Unbeatable Titan Gary Peters »

There's like 10 conflicting reads of the data here but it sounds less DOOMERY than an hour ago.  Must mean the numbers are looking better for Biden.

Maybe I’ll make a doomery tracker: number of doom posts on the last 5 pages

Edit: excluding R partisans, only 2 (this includes the joeisdone.github post)
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #623 on: November 03, 2020, 02:54:06 PM »

I hope throughout this election night and the future we can be more respectful of our fellow posters on this board.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #624 on: November 03, 2020, 02:54:09 PM »

That’s not that good out west
For who? For Biden's it look good
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies