2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:09:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 ... 103
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2  (Read 84584 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2375 on: November 02, 2020, 05:51:11 PM »

In the Texas curbside voting case:

how do you think it goes?
Andrew Hanen easily rules in favor of the Republicans, as he is a pretty vile character and a judge who should have been impeached 10 years ago.
I was wrong in my prediction lol.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2376 on: November 02, 2020, 05:51:50 PM »

Remind me, philly: what was being said about AA turnout?
philly09

« Reply #2377 on: November 02, 2020, 05:53:32 PM »

Remind me, philly: what was being said about AA turnout?

That it was abysmal.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #2378 on: November 02, 2020, 05:58:55 PM »

Take ContentedIndie with a grain of salt, he also says TN-SEN is Lean R
philly09

« Reply #2379 on: November 02, 2020, 06:00:13 PM »

philly09

« Reply #2380 on: November 02, 2020, 06:01:27 PM »

Except he's quoting the Georgia SOS, which corroborated the Targetsmart numbers he was initially skeptical of.

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2381 on: November 02, 2020, 06:01:46 PM »

Who is this guy and how does he have access to private polls?
xavier110
United States
« Reply #2382 on: November 02, 2020, 06:03:34 PM »

Who is this guy and how does he have access to private polls?

He’s a nobody with a Twitter platform. Ignore.
Asta

« Reply #2383 on: November 02, 2020, 06:04:51 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2020, 06:10:19 PM by Asta »

http://steveschale.com/

"So far, roughly 2 out of every 3 registered Florida Democratic and Republican voter has voted.  Honestly, there aren't that many more people left to vote.  In terms of actual voters - I suspect Democrats will go into Election Day (including today VBM) with a lead somewhere between 110-115K voters.  Republicans have about 150K more high propensity voters than do the Democrats left to vote.  Democrats have 150K or more low propensity voters to vote.  Where all that lands tomorrow is the difference between winning and losing....

So here are some things I am going to watch for tomorrow.

First - the "swing counties."  There were four:  Jefferson (rural North Florida), Monroe (The Conch Republic), St. Lucie (Palm Beach media market), Pinellas (St. Petersburg/Clearwater).  Beyond this, there are two counties that I suspect will flip if Biden wins:  Duval (Jacksonville), and Seminole (suburban Orlando). I will likely go look at Pinellas and Duval first - mostly because they both have a history of returning VBM/EV pretty quickly.  

Next: the "base counties" - I want to see how Dade is doing.  I don't expect Biden to hit Clinton levels, but I would like to see him hit margins around Obama 2012. I also want to see Broward next door. I think there is a decent chance Broward hits margins enough to make up any loss from Clinton in Dade. Palm Beach is usually slow to report - but they have changed some things up, so hopefully we will get an early read there.
"

He hasn't really said anything insightful other than above. Seems like he's clueless how Florida will go this year.  Tongue

It all depends on how much Democrats will turn out tomorrow to reduce Republican advantage.
philly09

« Reply #2384 on: November 02, 2020, 06:07:49 PM »

Giving the game away.

tallguy23
United States

« Reply #2385 on: November 02, 2020, 06:09:56 PM »

Giving the game away.

The judge ruled that the votes count. They aren't being thrown out.
philly09

« Reply #2386 on: November 02, 2020, 06:11:02 PM »

Giving the game away.

I know, but I'm showing how he said the quiet part out loud.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2387 on: November 02, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »

Giving the game away.

The more desperate and scared they get, the more brazen their crimes will be.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2388 on: November 02, 2020, 06:16:00 PM »

Giving the game away.

someone should send that to the TX bar for review.
philly09

« Reply #2389 on: November 02, 2020, 06:18:04 PM »

SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #2390 on: November 02, 2020, 06:18:46 PM »

"So far, roughly 2 out of every 3 registered Florida Democratic and Republican voter has voted.  Honestly, there aren't that many more people left to vote.  In terms of actual voters - I suspect Democrats will go into Election Day (including today VBM) with a lead somewhere between 110-115K voters.  Republicans have about 150K more high propensity voters than do the Democrats left to vote.  Democrats have 150K or more low propensity voters to vote.  Where all that lands tomorrow is the difference between winning and losing....

First - the "swing counties."  There were four:  Jefferson (rural North Florida), Monroe (The Conch Republic), St. Lucie (Palm Beach media market), Pinellas (St. Petersburg/Clearwater).  Beyond this, there are two counties that I suspect will flip if Biden wins:  Duval (Jacksonville), and Seminole (suburban Orlando). I will likely go look at Pinellas and Duval first - mostly because they both have a history of returning VBM/EV pretty quickly.  

Next: the "base counties" - I want to see how Dade is doing.  I don't expect Biden to hit Clinton levels, but I would like to see him hit margins around Obama 2012. I also want to see Broward next door. I think there is a decent chance Broward hits margins enough to make up any loss from Clinton in Dade. Palm Beach is usually slow to report - but they have changed some things up, so hopefully we will get an early read there.
"

He hasn't really said anything insightful other than above. Seems like he's clueless how Florida will go this year.  Tongue

It all depends on how much Democrats will turn out tomorrow to reduce Republican advantage.

Schale predicted the major statewide races in Florida in 2014, 2016, and 2018 would all go to the Democrats. Either he is FINALLY being analytical and cautious, or he's seeing bad numbers.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #2391 on: November 02, 2020, 06:19:27 PM »

It would be cool if my home county ends up saving Biden's bacon in Florida.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #2392 on: November 02, 2020, 06:19:39 PM »

"

Schale predicted the major statewide races in Florida in 2014, 2016, and 2018 would all go to the Democrats. Either he is FINALLY being analytical and cautious, or he's seeing bad numbers.

To be fair, his predictions were only off by ~1 point.
philly09

« Reply #2393 on: November 02, 2020, 06:20:28 PM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2394 on: November 02, 2020, 06:21:10 PM »

"

Right, he's basically just stating the obvious: Florida will almost certainly be close and it comes down to turnout. 
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #2395 on: November 02, 2020, 06:22:31 PM »

I think people are really underestimating moderate Republicans and NPAs in Florida. I'm smack dab in suburban Florida in a swing state house district and there are alot of Biden signs. Also a few Biden flags.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2396 on: November 02, 2020, 06:24:37 PM »

I think people are really underestimating moderate Republicans and NPAs in Florida. I'm smack dab in suburban Florida in a swing house district and there are alot of Biden signs. Also a few Biden flags.

Yes, I know this is very anecdotal, but my precinct was also very traditionally Republican and I've been seeing tons of signs for Biden and local Democrats. Again, I know it's anecdotal, but you can practically feel the suburban disdain for Republicans in the air this year.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2397 on: November 02, 2020, 06:25:17 PM »

Except he's quoting the Georgia SOS, which corroborated the Targetsmart numbers he was initially skeptical of.

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread, but how do they know the race and age of those who've voted so far?  Is that information actually included in voter registrations?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2398 on: November 02, 2020, 06:26:57 PM »

Sorry, I haven't been following this thread, but how do they know the race and age of those who've voted so far?  Is that information actually included in voter registrations?

It used to be required by VRA, but no longer is, and the state is no longer collecting it for new registrations (at least those done automatically when getting a driver's license).
SenatorCouzens
United States

« Reply #2399 on: November 02, 2020, 06:27:01 PM »

"

To be fair, his predictions were only off by ~1 point.

Haha... I assume you're just sort of teasing but in case not... It's Florida, any prediction is going to be close! Literally anyone, and even a tossed coin, only would've been off by ~1 those years.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 ... 103  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies