Second Presidential Debate Thread (at 9pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:14:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Second Presidential Debate Thread (at 9pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33
Author Topic: Second Presidential Debate Thread (at 9pm ET)  (Read 17113 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2020, 03:18:13 PM »

Probably Trump's lamest stunt ever. I've never heard of this person, I'm guessing almost nobody else here has, and we post daily on an elections forum. Getting desperate, Donny?

Unless you watch Fox, read Breitbart/New York Post, or had the pleasure of meeting Stevie wonder in the Hunter emails thread, you would not.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2020, 03:27:33 PM »

Guys I’d be a bit cautious. Timothy Babinovich being present might throw Biden off completely!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2020, 03:30:27 PM »

Guys I’d be a bit cautious. Timothy Babinovich being present might throw Biden off completely!
Ok doomer
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2020, 03:33:36 PM »

Trump is washed. It is hilarious how dated his act is.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2020, 03:45:07 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2020, 03:51:21 PM by roxas11 »

This is what Fox will be talking about, but I imagine everyone else will ignore it like they are now:

Trump thinks he is running against Hunter Biden lol

The reason why his stunt was more effective last time was because bill Clinton was in a room with the same woman who said he assaulted them. Trump was also able to connect it to Hillary by pointing out that she helped silence many of those woman in the 90s.

The stunt does not work this time because no one knows who this guy is and he has no real personal connection to Joe Biden other than the fact that he was somebody that Hunter Biden knew

Remember He was the Business partner of Hunter Not Joe Biden.
That is what Trump does not seem to understand

He is focusing too much time going after a guy who will not be on the debate stage while Joe Biden will most be hitting him hard on His secret Chinese bank account and on the fact that he said in a 60 minutes interview that he wants the supreme court to get rid of Obamacare

jd7171
Rookie
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2020, 04:00:49 PM »

It seems to me that tonight at the debate that Trump is desperately trying to make this into 2016 emails all over again. The problem is that no one cares. I don't care. This topic has been debunked and proven to be garbage. If this is the hill he wants to die on, then any remote chance of catching up in the polls seems to be toast. The simple fact is that outside the Fox News bubble...no one cares. There is pandemic going on that is getting worse again. Voters don't care about what Hunter Biden did.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2020, 04:10:33 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2020, 04:12:50 PM »

I was convinced he would pull the same kind of trash politics he did with 2016's debates, and I almost thought I was wrong, but Donald Trump never disappoints.

Pretty weak this time around, though. Most people have no idea who that guy is. To the extent that this trashy tactic would be effective at all, Tara Reade probably would have been a better choice (at least more people know who she is). I'm guessing they tried that and it didn't work out for some reason.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2020, 04:49:59 PM »

50/50 but I think Hillary’s the favorite IF she can cleverly dodge Trump’s comments about her emails.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2020, 06:22:20 PM »

Literally who is Tony Bobulinski?

I don’t even care.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2020, 06:24:52 PM »

I was convinced he would pull the same kind of trash politics he did with 2016's debates, and I almost thought I was wrong, but Donald Trump never disappoints.

Pretty weak this time around, though. Most people have no idea who that guy is. To the extent that this trashy tactic would be effective at all, Tara Reade probably would have been a better choice (at least more people know who she is). I'm guessing they tried that and it didn't work out for some reason.

Bingo. Reade said she's a Democrat and doesn't support Trump; there's no doubt that Trump's campaign approached her and she likely declined to be involved in the circus.

Reade could have been damaging for Biden. Instead they're left with this nobody, with a convoluted story that most voters won't even hear of.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »

Ok doomer

I think he was being sarcastic. It's entirely possible that Biden doesn't even know who this guy is or what he has to do with his son. This is a bigger reach than what Stretch Armstrong is capable of.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2020, 06:36:34 PM »

He's so bad at this

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2020, 06:39:11 PM »

They are so bad at this

Those make him sound cool. "Big Guy Joe" has a nice ring to it.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2020, 06:42:10 PM »

They are so bad at this

Like when a Trump campaign advisor/official/surrogate/hack tweeted during the last debate Joe Biden was being like Mr. Rodgers on stage. So...is that supposed to be a negative thing?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2020, 06:44:14 PM »

They are so bad at this

Like when a Trump campaign advisor/official/surrogate/hack tweeted during the last debate Joe Biden was being like Mr. Rodgers on stage. So...is that supposed to be a negative thing?

To them it probably was a bad thing. Compassion and empathy equal weakness to them even though Mister Rogers is one of the most beloved public figures...well, maybe ever, and only getting more popular with how relevant he has become once again and introducing a whole new generation to him.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2020, 06:56:29 PM »

I dont think i'll be able to watch this. The thought of watching Trump screaming non-sequiturs about Hunter Biden at Joe for an hour is making me queezy.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2020, 06:57:05 PM »

The Hunter Biden issue is doing horrible even amongst Republicans - yet Trump insists to run on it instead of attacking Biden for his stances on healthcare, national security, the environment, or literally anything else everyone cares about more.

Frank Luntz is right when he says this is the worst Presidential campaign in the history of the duopoly.
Jay 🏳️‍⚧️
trippytropicana
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2020, 07:00:32 PM »

They are so bad at this

The right hates Mr. Rodgers because they think that he focused too much on playing fair and sharing in his show.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2020, 07:02:02 PM »

"Joe Biden is kinda like Mr. Rogers, will listen to the scientists, make politics boring, and he loves his son!!!" is certainly an interesting line of attack.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2020, 07:23:09 PM »

Literally who is Tony Bobulinski?

I don’t even care.

Biden’s gonna be SOOOO intimidated by... this guy who used to work with his son. And he never had any direct contact with. And can’t prove anything remotely damning about him, or even come up with any serious allegations.

He’s gonna be thrown off by this so bad.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »

It's no longer a question of "can Trump right the ship". It's a question of "how much more explosive can he make its sinking".

I'm still not confident of that yet. His numbers have marginally improved over the last few days and the Hunter Biden story, however stupid, seems to have stopped any more bleeding from GOP voters. He still has a path although the window is closing fast. If he doesn't score a knockout blow and the 60 Minutes interview is as bad as it sounds, he's likely finished.

He’s been finished since June.

Not even close.

When you’re down 9-10 points, you aren’t winning the election.

I don't think Trump is down 9-10 points.

Facts don’t care about your feelings.
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2020, 07:25:29 PM »

It's no longer a question of "can Trump right the ship". It's a question of "how much more explosive can he make its sinking".

I'm still not confident of that yet. His numbers have marginally improved over the last few days and the Hunter Biden story, however stupid, seems to have stopped any more bleeding from GOP voters. He still has a path although the window is closing fast. If he doesn't score a knockout blow and the 60 Minutes interview is as bad as it sounds, he's likely finished.

He’s been finished since June.

Not even close.

When you’re down 9-10 points, you aren’t winning the election.

I don't think Trump is down 9-10 points.

Facts don’t care about your feelings.

Yeah I'm guessing Biden does average (2012 Biden would WRECK Trump) but Trump completely implodes.

Anyway won't be watching.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2020, 07:26:32 PM »

"If anyone talks about anything related to Hunter, it's Russian misinformation!" - Symone Sanders

Let's not fall into the Hillary 2016 trap before we see what's on that laptop lmao
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2020, 07:29:55 PM »

"If anyone talks about anything related to Hunter, it's Russian misinformation!" - Symone Sanders

Let's not fall into the Hillary 2016 trap before we see what's on that laptop lmao

Yeah, I'm in the camp that the laptop does not exist.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies