Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:55:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 92135 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: October 04, 2020, 11:05:09 AM »

This is a good observation.  Maybe being the "party of individual liberty" makes you opposed to collective solutions.  And if a problem is too big to be solved without collective actions, it therefore should be ignored?

By the same reasoning, Ronald Reagan would have never received any sympathy after his shooting, as he supported the 2nd Amendment. Yet his approval rating shot up, including among liberals. Nobody said, “It’s Reagan’s own fault for not taking away all the guns!! .. He brought that on himself!!!”

LOL.
That must be one of the worst analogies ever.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1326 on: October 04, 2020, 11:05:35 AM »

They confirm there were 2 episodes in which his blood oxygen dropped and he was given supplemental oxygen.

So they lied and his condition was (is?) much worse.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1327 on: October 04, 2020, 11:07:58 AM »

This is a good observation.  Maybe being the "party of individual liberty" makes you opposed to collective solutions.  And if a problem is too big to be solved without collective actions, it therefore should be ignored?

By the same reasoning, Ronald Reagan would have never received any sympathy after his shooting, as he supported the 2nd Amendment. Yet his approval rating shot up, including among liberals. Nobody said, “It’s Reagan’s own fault for not taking away all the guns!! .. He brought that on himself!!!”

I mean, Trump is no Ronald Reagan...
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1328 on: October 04, 2020, 11:09:54 AM »

Lmao
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1329 on: October 04, 2020, 11:11:33 AM »

By the same reasoning, Ronald Reagan would have never received any sympathy after his shooting, as he supported the 2nd Amendment. Yet his approval rating shot up, including among liberals. Nobody said, “It’s Reagan’s own fault for not taking away all the guns!!”

No, it would be like Reagan going around everywhere yelling, "Shoot me, Wimp! Shoot me!" and someone shot him.

The right analogy probably would be Ronald Reagan running on a platform of giving mentally disturbed people easier access to guns - and publicly being well-known for that.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1330 on: October 04, 2020, 11:12:47 AM »

Lmao

"I lied because I didn't want to bring any bad news."
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1331 on: October 04, 2020, 11:13:03 AM »

So Trump's on dexamethasone? Just going to drop this right here:

Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #1332 on: October 04, 2020, 11:17:18 AM »

As usual, the briefing was highly confusing. Can someone clarify, is Trump still being given dexamethasone?
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1333 on: October 04, 2020, 11:20:18 AM »

Also, to back up my dexamethasone point:
Dexamethasone treatment is recommended by the National Health Service in the UK and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the US for patients with COVID-19 who are mechanically ventilated or who require supplemental oxygen but are not mechanically ventilated.[21][22] Dexamethasone is not recommended in patients with COVID-19 who do not require supplemental oxygen or hospitalization.[21][22][23]

I don't think Trump's being ventilated, but it sure seems like he still needs supplementary O2
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1334 on: October 04, 2020, 11:35:09 AM »

Thank God we have a REAL DOCTOR telling us what's going on
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1335 on: October 04, 2020, 11:36:04 AM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1336 on: October 04, 2020, 11:36:30 AM »

My guess is that he had a real scare yesterday and the day before but is now getting better based on the info we have.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1337 on: October 04, 2020, 11:36:59 AM »

LOL.
That must be one of the worst analogies ever.

Well, it's sweatband. (shrugs)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1338 on: October 04, 2020, 11:40:07 AM »

Thanks for posting this thread. I'd recommend everyone takes the time to skim it. It's only 8 tweets, but he summarises the state of Trump's health, and paints a clearer, if darker image of the overall situation.

TLDR; Trump's scans probably showed evidence of pheumonia, Trump tried to refuse O2 for some bizarre reason, and he certainly shouldn't try to go home tomorrow, based on existing medical evidence.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1339 on: October 04, 2020, 11:43:11 AM »

Thanks for posting this thread. I'd recommend everyone takes the time to skim it. It's only 8 tweets, but he summarises the state of Trump's health, and paints a clearer, if darker image of the overall situation.

TLDR; Trump's scans probably showed evidence of pheumonia, Trump tried to refuse O2 for some bizarre reason, and he certainly shouldn't try to go home tomorrow, based on existing medical evidence.

This.

It is infuriating, though as well as par for the course, that the Trump White House can't even manage to be anything other than complete Liars even when posed with the simple question, how is the president's health.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1340 on: October 04, 2020, 11:44:23 AM »

My guess is that he had a real scare yesterday and the day before but is now getting better based on the info we have.

Why do I feel like this will become the evergreen statement of the next week or so?
compucomp

« Reply #1341 on: October 04, 2020, 11:46:00 AM »

This.

It is infuriating, though as well as par for the course, that the Trump White House can't even manage to be anything other than complete Liars even when posed with the simple question, how is the president's health.

I mean, it's totally expected, given that everything has a political angle, literally everything, even the president's health. Trump is almost entirely to blame for this and this may ultimately be the greatest sin of his presidency.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1342 on: October 04, 2020, 11:47:50 AM »

roxas11
United States

« Reply #1343 on: October 04, 2020, 11:48:06 AM »

but if he really is getter better than why did they give him something like dexamethasone
that drug is no joke and the side effects are very scary

which is why doctor avoid giving that drug to people with only a mild case
only when things are very bad would they ever feel desperate enough to use dexamethasone on somebody

So again why is trump on something like this if he is doing fine and about to be discharged
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1344 on: October 04, 2020, 11:53:40 AM »

I guess it would be a particularly dark form of poetic justice if Trump somehow manages to kill himself in the end because he pushed his doctors to release him from hospital too early.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1345 on: October 04, 2020, 11:55:59 AM »

I guess it would be a particularly dark form of poetic justice if Trump somehow manages to kill himself in the end because he pushed his doctors to release him from hospital too early.

Even if it doesn't go that far, imagine how reckless he would look if he demands to be released and then ends up back in the hospital in two or three days, probably in significantly worse condition.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1346 on: October 04, 2020, 11:59:40 AM »

fwiw when my mother-in-law had it, she went from really bad and not being able to do anything one day to being much better and able to do things the next, and then right back to really bad symptoms again for a few days.

Really?

So if I am feeling better today, and I am due to give a Zoom presentation to my class in a couple of days, should I pre-record the presentation in case my condition regresses?

Based on my experience with my dad, it probably wouldn’t hurt to do that. My dad had a bad day and then was fine for a week. Then, after that week, he was feeling worse than before for like another week or so. He was sleeping for like 14 hours a day and had a 101F fever while taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen.

So, it’s possible that we could see the same sort of thing with Trump: not feeling great, then ok for a few days to a week, then it hits with a vengeance. I have heard similar accounts with other folks too.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1347 on: October 04, 2020, 12:03:14 PM »

We can resolve this quite easily. Let the Gang of Eight see him.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1348 on: October 04, 2020, 12:05:58 PM »

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0025619620303670

The existing body of research suggests that hypoxia (lack of blood O2) and dyspnoea (shortness of breath) are associated with increased mortality, and the linked paper found a survival rate of only 75% in those on supplementary oxygen.
(Note the sample size was rather small, and thus significance is debatable, but I'm including the paper because right now these types of studies are all we've got).

If Trump's O2 saturation levels to drop below 90% (as indicated in the press conference) it's  highly significant, because that is the threshold that the authors established as indicating a higher risk for complications and increased mortality.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1349 on: October 04, 2020, 12:19:51 PM »

Even if Trump somehow convinced the Doctors to let him out earlier

At this point I don't see how he is going to continue this very grueling campaign in his state
the reality his Corvid case is far more serious than what we all originally thought and trump will simply not be at 100 percent for the remainder on this campaign.

I think we should all prepare for the very real possibility that Trump will truly never be same again and the effects of him getting Covid will be long lasting

plus here is some of the side effects of the drug dexamethasone that trump is currency taking

vision changes,
swelling,
rapid weight gain,
sleep problems (insomnia),
mood changes,
acne,
dry skin,
thinning skin,
bruising or discoloration,
slow wound healing,
increased sweating,
headache,
dizziness,
spinning sensation,
nausea,
stomach pain,
bloating,
muscle weakness, or
changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist).

Trump spent most of this campaign raising question about Biden mental and physical fitness for office
looking at this list I think it is very fair if the American people start Asking those same questions about him
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies