Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:29:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91339 times)
politics_king
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: October 04, 2020, 02:00:54 AM »

I'm starting to have a suspicion that he's really gravely ill. I'd be more than happy to be wrong and beat him at the ballot box, but something just doesn't feel right.

I get the feeling the he won't make it past the next 2-4 weeks.

Forget the next 48 hours. The next 3-5 days are gonna be absolutely critical

If Trump is still in the hospital by next week, I'd be very worried for his health. Boris Johnson was released from hospital after a week, while Herman Cain died a month after being hospitalized

It'll be completely shocking if it happens. Ideally people will take this disease more seriously after this whole fiasco.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1301 on: October 04, 2020, 02:27:08 AM »

If it is something that can largely be taken care of with home recovery (someone will give injections, if necessary), then he will be released unless he should be proved unreliable in taking care of himself. The virus can overpower medical care, and he can of course get sicker while under medical custody.

It is possible that the next Presidential debate will be between Biden and Pence, especially if Trump should go on a respirator.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1302 on: October 04, 2020, 02:32:05 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2020, 02:35:43 AM by roxas11 »

Trump is already getting better he's sending Tweets out to pass stimulus and confirm Barrett, which are key for him to win reelection

I don't for 1 second believe that most Americans at this point are simply going to ignore the fact that over 200,000 people are dead from this virus and the President of united states not only failed to protect them from it He also failed to protect himself

It great news if Trump gets better and recovers from this but the realty is Trump needed this election to stay focused on the economy if wanted to have a shot at winning this. by Him getting the virus he all but guaranteed that the final month of this election will be all about Covid and that will not help him at all on election day
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1303 on: October 04, 2020, 03:31:06 AM »

That feeling when Trump in his hospital video looks healthier and sprightlier than Joe Biden at any time this campaign

Why did Biden halt the negative attacks on these jerks again?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1304 on: October 04, 2020, 03:31:48 AM »

That feeling when Trump in his hospital video looks healthier and sprightlier than Joe Biden at any time this campaign

Sir.... Redban, have you been consuming drugs, alcohol, etc tonight?

Many of us who not been part of the "hardcore Biden DEM base" seem to have a different opinion, regardless of which horse we supported in the 2020 DEM PRES PRIM....

Please Sir--- discuss with either maps or evidence to support your ludicrous statement just posted above....

Thanks! Looking forward to a real and detailed analysis on this topic!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1305 on: October 04, 2020, 03:36:46 AM »

Theory:

The videos and photos released today were staged and taken back on Friday before he left for Walter Reed. The EXIF data on the photo released today was manually edited to make it appear that it's recent when it actually isn't.

I saw what looked like physicians standing outside the hospital on MSNBC. It is possible to get some random person off the street and put him in a doctor's smock (physicians are strong candidates for the worst-dressed of all professionals; they can get away with it because they are physicians)... and it will be convincing. Why would there be physicians outside the hospital standing in front of it? Real physicians would have better things to do with such a high-profile person being treated, wouldn't they?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1306 on: October 04, 2020, 04:06:39 AM »

LOL yeh, especially when he hobbled down that ramp while holding the arm of the general, while Biden rode mountain bikes. trump is spry for sure pal
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1307 on: October 04, 2020, 06:01:30 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1308 on: October 04, 2020, 07:47:06 AM »

At least give him a crossword or a sudoku or something.

I think Trump would have a hard time solving either one.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1309 on: October 04, 2020, 09:00:53 AM »

Can we focus less on an individual poster's personal politics and get back on topic?
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1310 on: October 04, 2020, 09:46:03 AM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1311 on: October 04, 2020, 09:47:24 AM »

I said the other night that it appears that Trump's condition is improving, but as you've noted, his case could regress at any time. That we have this level of uncertainty ought to be concerning by itself.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1312 on: October 04, 2020, 09:56:23 AM »

I said the other night that it appears that Trump's condition is improving, but as you've noted, his case could regress at any time. That we have this level of uncertainty ought to be concerning by itself.

Aye, absolutely. This level of obfuscation is hugely counterproductive. It leaves the public uninformed and scared, but also reduces trust in the administration itself. Nobody wins.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1313 on: October 04, 2020, 09:56:50 AM »

My guess is that he'll come out of it and act like nothing bad happened, when in reality, COVID gave him a scare
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1314 on: October 04, 2020, 09:58:44 AM »

This is a great analogy:

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1315 on: October 04, 2020, 10:05:46 AM »

fwiw when my mother-in-law had it, she went from really bad and not being able to do anything one day to being much better and able to do things the next, and then right back to really bad symptoms again for a few days.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1316 on: October 04, 2020, 10:15:31 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2020, 10:19:02 AM by pppolitics »

fwiw when my mother-in-law had it, she went from really bad and not being able to do anything one day to being much better and able to do things the next, and then right back to really bad symptoms again for a few days.

Really?

So if I am feeling better today, and I am due to give a Zoom presentation to my class in a couple of days, should I pre-record the presentation in case my condition regresses?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1317 on: October 04, 2020, 10:38:37 AM »

This is a good observation.  Maybe being the "party of individual liberty" makes you opposed to collective solutions.  And if a problem is too big to be solved without collective actions, it therefore should be ignored?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1318 on: October 04, 2020, 10:41:46 AM »

This is a good observation.  Maybe being the "party of individual liberty" makes you opposed to collective solutions.  And if a problem is too big to be solved without collective actions, it therefore should be ignored?

It's not that deep. If it was, they wouldn't be backing practically every police force to the hilt.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1319 on: October 04, 2020, 10:43:33 AM »

This is a great analogy:

Th logic of the fabled sympathy bump boils down to this:

Do I want Donald Trump to be president for the next four years because I feel sorry for him for being hospitalized right now?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1320 on: October 04, 2020, 10:48:46 AM »

This is a good observation.  Maybe being the "party of individual liberty" makes you opposed to collective solutions.  And if a problem is too big to be solved without collective actions, it therefore should be ignored?

This is why Republicans are the enemy of the people.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #1321 on: October 04, 2020, 10:57:53 AM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1322 on: October 04, 2020, 10:58:47 AM »

Excellent, that means no sympathy effect.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1323 on: October 04, 2020, 11:03:35 AM »

At least give him a crossword or a sudoku or something.

Are you kidding?
He probably couldn't even solve a sudoku puzzle on easy.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1324 on: October 04, 2020, 11:04:26 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2020, 11:21:58 AM by pppolitics »

This is a good observation.  Maybe being the "party of individual liberty" makes you opposed to collective solutions.  And if a problem is too big to be solved without collective actions, it therefore should be ignored?

By the same reasoning, Ronald Reagan would have never received any sympathy after his shooting, as he supported the 2nd Amendment. Yet his approval rating shot up, including among liberals. Nobody said, “It’s Reagan’s own fault for not taking away all the guns!!”

No, it would be like Reagan going around everywhere yelling, "Shoot me! Shoot me!" and someone shot him.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies