2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:00:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 120
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread  (Read 168108 times)
philly09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2350 on: October 20, 2020, 11:28:40 PM »

Hillary had a 90,000 early vote lead going into Election Day.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2016/11/florida-democrats-hold-90-000-early-vote-lead-will-it-carry-clinton-to-the-white-house-107192
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2351 on: October 20, 2020, 11:28:53 PM »

Ralston reported that Reps beat Dems 2-1 in Washoe today.

yeah:

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #2352 on: October 20, 2020, 11:31:42 PM »

yeah:

Maybe it was a mistake telling Dems to vote by mail instead?
philly09

« Reply #2353 on: October 20, 2020, 11:32:07 PM »

yeah:

Republicans voting for Biden? Still very early and the Clark firewall still stands.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #2354 on: October 20, 2020, 11:32:25 PM »

yeah:

Dems are still up overall
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2355 on: October 20, 2020, 11:32:49 PM »

yeah:

Republicans voting for Biden? Still very early and the Clark firewall still stands.

Biden will likely still win Nevada but Washoe is home to a growing number of California "expats", they are super pro Trump.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2356 on: October 20, 2020, 11:32:58 PM »

yeah:

And VBM??
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2357 on: October 20, 2020, 11:33:24 PM »

yeah:

Is this only inperson? I mean once again Dems do better with vbm in Nevada as well
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2358 on: October 20, 2020, 11:33:55 PM »

Doesn't seem like much of a partisan pattern, honestly. May reflect more when ballots where first mailed out or how quickly counties are updating their tallies.

I assume these counties are all all-mail? I know a handful of mostly small MT counties are still doing in-person voting but not sure which ones.

Yeah, it’s not much of a partisan pattern and mostly driven by logistical/administrative factors (hence the Flathead vs. Lewis and Clark discrepancy).

Yes, all of these counties are all-mail; only eleven counties won’t be conducting an all-mail election: Broadwater, Carbon, Chouteau, Fergus, Mineral, Petroleum, Powder River, Powell, Stillwater, Treasure, Wibaux.

Absentee/mail-in voting in MT was already in widespread use even before COVID-19 (IIRC, something close to 75% of all ballots in 2018 were absentee).
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2359 on: October 20, 2020, 11:38:45 PM »

yeah:

Um, votes by mail count just as much as in person early votes.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2360 on: October 20, 2020, 11:39:56 PM »

Ralston knows how to rile up folks. He knows the VBM will likely cut that down if not reverse it, but he's drumming it up. He did that yesterday too.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2361 on: October 20, 2020, 11:40:15 PM »

Ralston knows how to rile up folks. He knows the VBM will likely cut that down if not reverse it, but he's drumming it up. He did that yesterday too.

When should we get the VBM numbers?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2362 on: October 20, 2020, 11:40:48 PM »

yeah:

Every single registered Nevadan was mailed a ballot, why is is it a bad idea to just have people return their ballots? They can mail them back or they can drop them off at a dropbox/polling station. It's fundamentally easier to vote that way. Plus voter collection is legal in Nevada and you know damn well the Culinary Union is gonna be all up in that.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2363 on: October 20, 2020, 11:41:17 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2020, 11:44:27 PM by roxas11 »

I'm surprised some on here are upset at the idea that FL could once again go for Trump.
anybody who saw the results in 2018 election should no be shocked that this is the state that Trump probably wil keep in 2020.

Look lets be honest about this
Any Dem who bets their future on Florida is a fool who will end up just like Al gore and Andrew Gillum lol

Thanfully the Biden campaign seems to be smarter than that and is not putting all their chips into that 1 state. Now if biden ends up winning it in the end than that is cool but ultimately I care more about stopping Trump from winning the midwest than I do about Trump winning FL

The only reason I even cared about Florida at all is because It kept Trump from spending money in other states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

even if Trump keeps the state in the end the fact the had to spend resources that he could otherwise used elsewhere is a success for the both Biden and Dems in my book

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2364 on: October 20, 2020, 11:41:59 PM »

Oh goodie now comes the “panic about Nevada” time
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #2365 on: October 20, 2020, 11:42:10 PM »

yeah:

Yay!!! Go Trump!
swf541

« Reply #2366 on: October 20, 2020, 11:43:05 PM »

yeah:

Yay!!! Go Trump!

Congrats fascist your now on my block list

Getting srsly irked with people just posting partisan stuff and clogging up the chat
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2367 on: October 20, 2020, 11:43:40 PM »

I'm surprised some on here are upset at the idea that FL could once again go for Trump.
anybody who saw the results in 2018 election should no be shocked that this is the state that Trump probably wil keep in 2020.

Any Dem who bets their policial future on Florida is a fool who will end up just like Al gore and Andrew Gillum lol

Thanfully the Biden campaign seems to be smarter than that and is not putting all their chips into that 1 state. Now if biden ends up winning it in the end than that is cool but ultimately I care more about stopping Trump from winning the midwest than I do about Trump winning FL

The only reason I even cared about Florida at all is because It kept Trump from spending money in other states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

even if Trump keeps the state in the end the fact the had to spend resources that he could otherwise used elsewhere is a success for the both Biden and Dems in my book

The annoyance is due to bed wetting over numbers that aren’t bad for Biden
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2368 on: October 20, 2020, 11:44:05 PM »

When should we get the VBM numbers?

Soon
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2369 on: October 20, 2020, 11:45:54 PM »

Ralston has been emphasizing in-person early voting every day, even though numerically more ballots keep coming in the mail or drop-boxes at the same time. I'm not sure if he's just so unsure because the dynamics are so different or he just wants clicks.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2370 on: October 20, 2020, 11:46:02 PM »

anybody who saw the results in 2018 election should not be shocked that this is the state that Trump probably wil keep in 2020.

Any Dem who bets their policial future on Florida is a fool who will end up just like Al gore and Andrew Gillum lol

The annoyance is due to bed wetting over numbers that aren’t bad for Biden
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2371 on: October 20, 2020, 11:46:52 PM »

Any Dem who bets their future on Florida is a fool who will end up just like Al gore and Andrew Gillum lol

no-one is upset about this?  we wouldn't even be talking about the state if it wasn't a battleground state that could go for either candidate.  notice we aren't constantly updating numbers on states like Virginia or New Mexico.  

but yes, Trump spending lots of resources in FL is bad for him as he's already (shockingly) stretched thin everywhere else.  
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #2372 on: October 20, 2020, 11:48:56 PM »

Florida is at 38% of our 2016 turnout, if we get ~500k tomorrow we could get to 43% tomorrow
swf541

« Reply #2373 on: October 20, 2020, 11:54:57 PM »

Florida is at 38% of our 2016 turnout, if we get ~500k tomorrow we could get to 43% tomorrow

Damn, what was the total early vote vs election day breakdown in terms of overall percentage of the vote in 2016+2018?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2374 on: October 21, 2020, 12:01:05 AM »

I believe that with VbM, Democrats are still up 10K in Washoe, so calm down everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 120  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies