How has your opinion in the Democratic Party changed over the summer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 07:12:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How has your opinion in the Democratic Party changed over the summer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Vote
Gone up

Gone down

Not changed

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 98

Author Topic: How has your opinion in the Democratic Party changed over the summer  (Read 2734 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 30, 2020, 03:19:48 PM »

For me it has gone down massively as democratic governors and mayors have made it clear they don’t care about law and order
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 03:21:52 PM »

The Democratic Party isn't great by any means but the Republicans continue to make it look better than it is on a daily basis, so...
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 03:22:41 PM »

I don't think it has changed meaningfully. I tend not to have great opinions of political parties anyway.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 03:28:24 PM »

Gone down
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 03:29:41 PM »

Little go down after many moderate/mainstream Democrats was defeated in primaries by far-left challengers. Still far better than Republican Party
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 03:57:54 PM »

Not changed because it was already at rock bottom.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 04:56:17 PM »

gone down
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 09:43:47 PM »

Somehow got worse.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 10:29:45 PM »

Not changed because it was already at rock bottom.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 03:31:07 AM »

Of the party as a whole? No change.

My opinion of Joe Biden, on the other hand, has gone up dramatically.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 03:41:59 AM »

Of the party as a whole? No change.

MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 07:41:37 AM »

I think I like Joe Biden a little better
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 09:26:01 AM »

My opinion of them is dashed to pieces, thanks to their botched covid response.

I'm never voting for a Republican or a Democrat ever again. Ever.

I'm reading Orwell's '1984' (which I wasn't allowed to read in high school), and the parallels with the modern American parties are chilling.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2020, 09:27:35 AM »

Gone down!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020, 09:27:51 AM »

For me it has gone down massively as democratic governors and mayors have made it clear they don’t care about law and order

The guy in the White House cares about law and order?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2020, 10:57:53 AM »

why?  (not a loaded question, honestly curious)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 11:00:47 AM »

Order, yes. Law, not so much
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2020, 11:52:58 AM »

The same.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2020, 11:56:17 AM »

why?  (not a loaded question, honestly curious)

In January and February I was calling him "Status Quo Joe." I basically thought he was going to do a whole lot of nothing, and that his uninspiring-ness meant that he would win the presidency, lose Congress, and we'd basically have more of the Obama presidency of 2015 and 2016.

After seeing his new policies, though, as well as the extremely big tent that has been built, I'm much more optimistic. If Democrats have the Senate, the Biden presidency will truly be transformative.

I also think it's remarkable that such a boring or "bland" campaign is so successful. Could we really be seeing the end of Kennedy's reality-TV-president era? I certainly hope so.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2020, 12:31:06 PM »

Order, yes. Law, not so much

Not order either if you ask me, only pretends to. Never seen a more chaotic and impulsive president. Nothing orderly about that.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2020, 12:33:32 PM »

No change. Democrats are not at fault for either the pandemic or the riots, that’s absurd. Falls squarely on Trump for screwing up the pandemic response (Democratic governors did better than both him and Republican governors, are more popular for a reason) and for pouring gasoline on the fire of racial tension and unrest. Obama would have handled the pandemic much better (had a plan for it after all) and could have helped ease the racial tensions because he’s actually, you know, a unifying and empathetic leader.

However, we did put on a pretty damn good convention I think, exceeded my expectations. So my opinion of the DNC’s competence went up slightly in that regard.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2020, 12:42:52 PM »

Please don't stereotype the Democratic Party as these far-left morons rioting in the streets and their municipal-level enablers.

I live in Seattle, which is basically Portland's big brother, and the only reason we're not twice as bad as Portland is because of Mayor Jenny Durkan, the lone mainstream sensible Democrat in this city.  If not for her steadfast defense of sanity, which has earned her the enmity of the extremists in this city and set her at war with the extremist city council, CHAZ would still exist and the whole city would be in flames.

Ironically, Jenny Durkan is the one who declared CHAZ a "summer of love", back when it was just a replacement for the Cap Hill Block Party and hadn't gone to seed yet.  Back then it was an accurate statement.  But I know you conservatives love to use that quote as though she was naive or stupid for saying it.

The only reason we keep having these aggressive protests in Seattle at all is because there's a group of around 100-150 anarchists and communists, none of whom are Democrats, who keep f**king stuff up and the SPD isn't allowed to do anything about it.  Why can't SPD do anything about it?  Because the city council has a veto-proof majority over Durkan, preventing her from unleashing them.  God knows she'd love to.  Furthermore, we elected a pair of idiot do-gooders named Pete Holmes and Dan Satterberg as our prosecuting attorneys, and they refuse to prosecute the rioters, so even when SPD arrests them, they're back on the street the next day.  There's no way to win.  And that's not on the Democratic Party, or our Democratic Mayor.  That's on Holmes, Satterberg, Sawant, and the rest of the city council.

This is the problem with Trump (and you) blaming this problem on the Democratic Party and "Democratic Mayors."  At the end of the day, local politics is a lot more complicated than that and does not translate to the national level.  Seattle has been going through a phase over the last five years where extremist activists have been grabbing more and more control over this city by essentially lying their way into office.  Most of our city councilmembers promised to expand SPD when they ran for office, and now they've turned 180.  It's very frustrating to watch people continually get hoodwinked, but at the end of the day most people simply don't pay that much attention to local politics, meaning activists and extremists, who are by far the most motivated, can control the narrative and political contours.

I don't know much about Portland but I'd imagine it's much the same story.  You have a bunch of really loud, really active extremists, and then 90% of the city is normal folks who don't pay much attention to politics.  The extremists control the narrative and lie their way into office, and it ends with something like this.  This is just the way local politics works all too often, and it won't change until people start paying attention to their local races.

Again, nothing to do with the Democratic Party.  The people running Seattle, except for Durkan, are not Democrats.  They are far, far outside the mainstream of the party and are fiercely opposed by the majority of Democrats in this city.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2020, 12:49:33 PM »

Neutral.
The Democrats taking Covid-19 seriously and fighting against virus-truthers made it go up. The support for anarchists and chaos made it go down. Overall the two probably balanced out.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2020, 12:57:09 PM »

Neutral.
The Democrats taking Covid-19 seriously and fighting against virus-truthers made it go up. The support for anarchists and chaos made it go down. Overall the two probably balanced out.

What mainstream Democratic politician has expressed support for "anarchists and chaos?"
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2020, 01:34:42 PM »

Please don't stereotype the Democratic Party as these far-left morons rioting in the streets and their municipal-level enablers.

Kate Brown has been an enabler too
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies