2020 DNC thread (starts at 9pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:13:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 DNC thread (starts at 9pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 52
Author Topic: 2020 DNC thread (starts at 9pm ET)  (Read 30127 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: August 18, 2020, 10:30:23 PM »

Any time someone questions Joe's judgement again, I'll show them this picture

Very glad to have a chad in the White House again.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #651 on: August 18, 2020, 10:30:36 PM »

Is this an picture of his wife when she was younger?

Yes
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #652 on: August 18, 2020, 10:30:54 PM »

🥵🥵🥵
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #653 on: August 18, 2020, 10:36:04 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2020, 09:40:40 PM by Senator YE »

Who would have guessed ten years ago that an entire prime time lineup for the 2020 DNC would include the architects of the Iraq War and a tribute to John McCain haha

Who would've guessed ten years ago that 99% of Republican elected officials would become Donald Trump's bitches?

Quote removed by moderator

I don’t understand. You’re apparently an R-MS Never Trumper who supported Bloomberg. I would have thought you would have applauded that ex-Bush/McCain supporters are endorsing Biden. Yet your criticisms sound indistinguishable from far leftist criticisms.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #654 on: August 18, 2020, 10:36:44 PM »

Trying to be clever when engaging with people who enjoy political conventions is a waste of material.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #655 on: August 18, 2020, 10:37:18 PM »

Watch low-information centrists have a tantrum over... standard-issue DNC procedure.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #656 on: August 18, 2020, 10:38:38 PM »

Trying to be clever when engaging with people who enjoy political conventions is a waste of material.

You are on a site full to the brim with political junkies who enjoy obsessively analyzing political polls, trends, maps, and returns down to the county if not precinct level. And in a thread on said site discussing a live political convention. You have posted over 5000 times here. Yet you think you are somehow above those who enjoy watching these conventions?

K.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #657 on: August 18, 2020, 10:39:46 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2020, 09:41:20 PM by Senator YE »

Who would have guessed ten years ago that an entire prime time lineup for the 2020 DNC would include the architects of the Iraq War and a tribute to John McCain haha

Who would've guessed ten years ago that 99% of Republican elected officials would become Donald Trump's bitches?

I don’t understand. You’re apparently an R-MS Never Trumper who supported Bloomberg. I would have thought you would have applauded that ex-Bush/McCain supporters are endorsing Biden. Yet your criticisms sound indistinguishable from far leftist criticisms.

He's made clear elsewhere that he's voting for Trump because he thinks Democrats have gone too far to the left, and that Biden is too "out there" to become President. So it shouldn't be a surprise that he has the opinions expressed here.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #658 on: August 18, 2020, 10:40:47 PM »

Just let us have a moment of celebratory, well-produced partisanship in peace.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #659 on: August 18, 2020, 10:41:31 PM »

Game, set, match.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #660 on: August 18, 2020, 10:42:11 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2020, 09:42:07 PM by Senator YE »

Celebrating a COVID spike to own the libs.
You are a real charmer.

Pot meet kettle.  Celebrating COVID  to "own" Trump and the Republicans has been a hallmark of yours (and several other liberal posters) for months now.

Can you show me where exactly I celebrated COVID?
And if you don't then I expect an effing apology before you get the hell out of here and never return.

You've had no shortage of smug, celebratory one-liners:

In response to Rep. Gohmert testing positive:

When hospitals in South TX were dealing with a surge in cases:
Who had "Red State Death Panels" on their COVID bingo card?
Where is Sarah Palin when you need her?

On a day with a record # of new cases:
Has anyone congratulated Trump for yesterday's record?

And that's ignoring every self-satisfied post you've made (typically by only posting a Tweet) about a GOP congressperson, governor or state legislator testing positive for the virus (but never for the many Democrats who have, hmm...)

We all get that you're a partisan hack with tens of others ready to stand behind him, but maybe try to be a bit more self-aware?  Anyway, I had clicked to show your post just for a moment of brief entertainment but for the time being I'll be keeping you on ignore
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #661 on: August 18, 2020, 10:45:25 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2020, 09:43:29 PM by Senator YE »

You are a real charmer.

Pot meet kettle.  Celebrating COVID  to "own" Trump and the Republicans has been a hallmark of yours (and several other liberal posters) for months now.

And if you don't then I expect an effing apology before you get the hell out of here and never return.

And that's ignoring every self-satisfied post you've made (typically by only posting a Tweet) about a GOP congressperson, governor or state legislator testing positive for the virus (but never for the many Democrats who have, hmm...)

We all get that you're a partisan hack with tens of others ready to stand behind him, but maybe try to be a bit more self-aware?  Anyway, I had clicked to show your post just for a moment of brief entertainment but for the time being I'll be keeping you on ignore
Will someone please boot this brainless jackass from the forum, please? I think nothing of value would be lost.

Are you going to deny anything from Del Tachi's post about LL?

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2020, 10:47:33 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2020, 09:44:25 PM by Senator YE »

You are a real charmer.

Will someone please boot this brainless jackass from the forum, please? I think nothing of value would be lost.

Calling someone a hack isn’t a substantive argument.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #663 on: August 18, 2020, 10:49:24 PM »

The Roses better get their pitchfork ready because Schlossberg is getting his JD now and he going to run for something.  
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #664 on: August 18, 2020, 10:50:55 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2020, 09:45:07 PM by Senator YE »

You are a real charmer.

You've had no shortage of smug, celebratory one-liners :

Well LL asked "where did I say celebrate COVID "and Del Tachi responded with 3 quoted posts, Im certain its pretty easy to find a few more posts done by LL with similar tact.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #665 on: August 18, 2020, 10:57:31 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2020, 09:45:32 PM by Senator YE »

You are a real charmer.

But saying will someone please remove this brainless jackass is a substantive argument Smiley
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #666 on: August 18, 2020, 10:57:54 PM »

Please take your argument somewhere else before you get the thread locked
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #667 on: August 18, 2020, 10:58:31 PM »

The Iraq War ended nearly a decade ago and has stopped being a relevant political issue. This is like suggesting having pro-Vietnam War people at a 1980s DNC is some big "gotcha."

Democrats have always liked John McCain when he wasn't in a general election against a Democrat. They liked him attacking George W. Bush in the 2000 primaries; Kerry considered him as a running mate at one point to troll the GOP; they liked him sticking it to evangelicals like Huckabee in 2008; and they liked him destroying Republicans' pitiful attempt to repeal the ACA in 2017.

Your comment that the Iraq War is irrelevent is sickening and an unmitigated insult to the civilians who lost their lives in a totally unncessary war based on the lies Powell held steadfast to. Demonstrating a sane foreign policy is critical if the Democrats are trying to show their moral superiority to the lunatic GOP. This did the exact opposite, and that does not bode well for Biden's approach in the Middle East.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #668 on: August 18, 2020, 11:00:20 PM »

This is the greatest defecation into the thread since...

Oh. Right.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #669 on: August 18, 2020, 11:05:56 PM »

The Roses better get their pitchfork ready because Schlossberg is getting his JD now and he going to run for something.  

I wonder whether he'll run in MA or NY.
Aliens
Invader
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #670 on: August 18, 2020, 11:08:07 PM »

Great speech by Jill Biden
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #671 on: August 18, 2020, 11:10:53 PM »

The Iraq War ended nearly a decade ago and has stopped being a relevant political issue. This is like suggesting having pro-Vietnam War people at a 1980s DNC is some big "gotcha."

Democrats have always liked John McCain when he wasn't in a general election against a Democrat. They liked him attacking George W. Bush in the 2000 primaries; Kerry considered him as a running mate at one point to troll the GOP; they liked him sticking it to evangelicals like Huckabee in 2008; and they liked him destroying Republicans' pitiful attempt to repeal the ACA in 2017.

Your comment that the Iraq War is irrelevent is sickening and an unmitigated insult to the civilians who lost their lives in a totally unncessary war based on the lies Powell held steadfast to. Demonstrating a sane foreign policy is critical if the Democrats are trying to show their moral superiority to the lunatic GOP. This did the exact opposite, and that does not bode well for Biden's approach in the Middle East.

The Iraq war was an absolute disaster. That is a near-absolute consensus, and it should not have happened. At the same time, what is there to be gained by not welcoming its proponents into the tent? How are the Democrats better off in any way with a smaller coalition? The more the merrier.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #672 on: August 18, 2020, 11:14:24 PM »

If his reason for running for office isn't solely dependent on his grandfather's name, then I'm all for his future political career.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #673 on: August 18, 2020, 11:22:44 PM »

The Iraq war was an absolute disaster. That is a near-absolute consensus, and it should not have happened. At the same time, what is there to be gained by not welcoming its proponents into the tent? How are the Democrats better off in any way with a smaller coalition? The more the merrier.
Because tightening their coalition worked terribly for the Republicans, yeah?
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #674 on: August 18, 2020, 11:24:12 PM »

Because tightening their coalition worked terribly for the Republicans, yeah?
I mean, it didn't make them better off.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies