Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:38:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 86
Author Topic: Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread  (Read 144467 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: December 06, 2020, 01:27:16 PM »

Yeah, this is most likely case where the lawyer will get sanctioned by the court.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1326 on: December 06, 2020, 01:27:41 PM »

I think this is it for Georgia. Team Trump is now fully out of options there:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1327 on: December 06, 2020, 01:35:40 PM »

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1328 on: December 06, 2020, 02:14:54 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2020, 02:19:32 PM by Liberty Prime »

If Congress throws out enough Biden electors to send it to the House I don't think there's any legal recourse. In theory it could happen this year too since they'll control the Senate vote (regardless of GA runoffs) when the counting happens. I think it's really unlikely though. The vote can't be filibrustered and there are at least a handful of Republican Senators that will vote to uphold. In fact, if a vote occurs it would  probably pass over 80% I think.

They need both houses to agree to throw out electoral votes when there aren't multiple slates of electors from a state (which was the point of the state legislator coup). So it's a longshot this year hoping for a new interpretation of the Electoral Count Act by some court.

But now that all these plots have been brought into the open and "normalized", it might just be a matter of time before a Republican Congress rejects a Democratic president-elect using the Electoral Count Act, causing mass unrest and likely civil war.

Clearly all Trump did was make Russia and China great again because he’s tried his hardest to set us on a path towards being a failed banana Republic that’s a joke in the eyes of the world.

He lost, he’s a loser, and he needs to get tf over it and stop being a little bitch and move on with his life.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1329 on: December 06, 2020, 04:02:17 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1330 on: December 06, 2020, 04:25:34 PM »

All blonde white women with long hair look the same!
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1331 on: December 06, 2020, 06:22:06 PM »

And Trump isn't tired of losing yet!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1332 on: December 06, 2020, 06:48:46 PM »

A living cartoon quoting a cartoonist. How very meta.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1333 on: December 06, 2020, 06:56:21 PM »

But, if that were true, wouldn't it mean that all the Republicans wins a month ago are also the result of fraudulent elections? Trump's she's-not-his-lawyer (who was his lawyer until right before he pardoned her client) just made this claim (which he then re-tweeted):

I see. It's only "fraud" when Republicans lose.

Democratic leadership needs to make it clear to Republicans that either they publicly distance themselves from this madness, or everything possible lawful act short of violence is going to be used to shut down the GOP nationally for the next two years (and hopefully forever).
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1334 on: December 06, 2020, 08:14:39 PM »

But, if that were true, wouldn't it mean that all the Republicans wins a month ago are also the result of fraudulent elections? Trump's she's-not-his-lawyer (who was his lawyer until right before he pardoned her client) just made this claim (which he then re-tweeted):

I see. It's only "fraud" when Republicans lose.

Democratic leadership needs to make it clear to Republicans that either they publicly distance themselves from this madness, or everything possible lawful act short of violence is going to be used to shut down the GOP nationally for the next two years (and hopefully forever).

Violence isn't a lawful act as this wording implies.

Also their claim is peak "it's not real because I don't want to believe it" logic the right has been employing since 2010.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1335 on: December 06, 2020, 09:18:59 PM »

If Congress throws out enough Biden electors to send it to the House I don't think there's any legal recourse. In theory it could happen this year too since they'll control the Senate vote (regardless of GA runoffs) when the counting happens. I think it's really unlikely though. The vote can't be filibrustered and there are at least a handful of Republican Senators that will vote to uphold. In fact, if a vote occurs it would  probably pass over 80% I think.

They need both houses to agree to throw out electoral votes when there aren't multiple slates of electors from a state (which was the point of the state legislator coup). So it's a longshot this year hoping for a new interpretation of the Electoral Count Act by some court.

But now that all these plots have been brought into the open and "normalized", it might just be a matter of time before a Republican Congress rejects a Democratic president-elect using the Electoral Count Act, causing mass unrest and likely civil war.

Clearly all Trump did was make Russia and China great again because he’s tried his hardest to set us on a path towards being a failed banana Republic that’s a joke in the eyes of the world.

He lost, he’s a loser, and he needs to get tf over it and stop being a little bitch and move on with his life.

Don, YOU'RE FIRED.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1336 on: December 06, 2020, 09:36:12 PM »

I know I’ve said this before, but you really can’t make this sh*t up.

She said, "some people think all Latins look alike (gesturing toward herself with her hands). I think all Chinese look alike."

Some people think all blacks vote alike (or if they don't that they aren't black).

This context doesn't make her seem less racist.
When I voted, the election clerk was black. She had me pull my mask down so she could check my photo ID. That was not racist on her part.

I overheard a conversation between two women, either Chinese or Vietnamese. They apparently had known each together in high school, but had gone their separate ways in college and after, but were having a reunion of sorts. They seemed to be discussing their families, and they were discussing in-laws of a sibling. "Wasn't she married to an X?", "You have a good memory. Filipino, actually, but they all look alike." (shared giggle).

I had a co-worker who was Korean-American. He was incredibly racist against both Japanese and Chinese Americans (he was also surprisingly anti-semetic). So... again, still racist.
Once upon a time, a gate agent brought an unaccompanied minor off an airplane, and had her stand next to a woman waiting to get on the next flight, and handed a clipboard with a paper on it to the woman. Both the child and woman were of East Asian appearance. Both were totally impassive. I figured it was cultural to not show emotion in public.

The gate agent was distracted by another passenger, and then turned back to the woman to see if the woman had signed the form indicating safe custody of the child to a parent of relative. The woman asked, "What am I supposed to do with this?" The gate agent replied, just sign to show that we delivered her to you." The women replied, "She's not mine!".

The flustered gate agent, apologized and quickly led the girl behind the podium where she would be safe from the would-be abductor. I'm not sure if the girl spoke any English.

It did not indicate racism that the gate agent associated the only Asian-looking woman in the crowd with the child.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1337 on: December 06, 2020, 09:38:23 PM »

Wasn't Marc Elias the bag man for the DNC and the Steele dossier?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1338 on: December 06, 2020, 09:44:11 PM »

Hope the Trump thugs' strategy in AZ doesn't involve the state legislature overturning the results...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1339 on: December 06, 2020, 10:05:46 PM »

Hope the Trump thugs' strategy in AZ doesn't involve the state legislature overturning the results...

The AZ House GOP shut down the idea of a state legislators' coup a day or two ago in a very strongly worded statement that you can find a couple pages back in this thread.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1340 on: December 06, 2020, 10:19:48 PM »

^ they flagged it lol

I didn't watch that, but another all caps I won.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1341 on: December 07, 2020, 12:03:09 AM »

The AZ House GOP shut down the idea of a state legislators' coup a day or two ago in a very strongly worded statement that you can find a couple pages back in this thread.
It's impossible anyway because a special session requires 2/3 of the legislature to sign off on, so Democrats can block it. The only person who can call a special session effectively is Ducey, and he's clearly not going to.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1342 on: December 07, 2020, 12:05:25 AM »

Best part: The judge in this case is William Pryor, a former Republican elected official. He was Attorney General of Alabama from 1997 to 2004. George W. Bush then appointed him to this spot, and he was initially filibustered by Democrats until the "Gang of 14" were able to effectively nuke most judicial filibusters (this was well before Harry Reid did away with them altogether.) There's probably fewer more partisan judges who this could've gone before.

Also SCOTUS isn't an option because all that could be appealed is standing, even if SCOTUS ruled Lin has standing that would just bring the case back to a lower court, there's just not enough time before December 6. Georgia is truly over.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1343 on: December 07, 2020, 11:46:53 AM »

So I'll assume Giuliani infected them as retribution given how mob lawyers tend to act.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1344 on: December 07, 2020, 11:50:30 AM »

So is it right to say that the Trump campaign hasn't proven a SINGLE case of voter fraud in a single court?
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1345 on: December 07, 2020, 12:07:53 PM »

So is it right to say that the Trump campaign hasn't proven a SINGLE case of voter fraud in a single court?

Correct, largely because they are not focusing on any substance. I mean, clearly there ARE individual cases of election fraud in all 50 states, there always are. But when you are talking about dozens of votes, not even hundreds, why would you waste your time on the real fraud (1/2 of which would be pro-Trump).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1346 on: December 07, 2020, 12:33:03 PM »

The only proven case of vote fraud we've heard of is that guy in Pennsylvania who voted for his dead mother...for Trump.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1347 on: December 07, 2020, 01:52:14 PM »

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1348 on: December 07, 2020, 01:54:01 PM »

Does anybody have the current lawsuit count of lost vs won cases for Trump post-election?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1349 on: December 07, 2020, 02:03:16 PM »

Does anybody have the current lawsuit count of lost vs won cases for Trump post-election?

I believe it's currently 1-48.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies