The Federalist Party: Your Liberty, Your Regions, Your Constitution!!! (At-Large Appointment)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:40:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federalist Party: Your Liberty, Your Regions, Your Constitution!!! (At-Large Appointment)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Federalist Party: Your Liberty, Your Regions, Your Constitution!!! (At-Large Appointment)  (Read 1785 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2020, 02:47:33 PM »
« edited: December 17, 2022, 11:15:23 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

THE FEDERALIST PARTY OF ATLASIA
The Party of Freedom
The Party of the Constitution
The Party of Market Competition
The Party of the Family
est. November 22, 2012

Mission Statement: The Federalist Party believes in empowering individuals instead of government and regions instead of the centralized state. We are committed to liberty and equality for all, and the checks and balances that protect both. We are committed to the preservation of markets and market choice. We welcome all players, both new and old and value their contributions to the game.

Leadership
Elected:
Chair: NC Yankee March 02, 2014 -
Vice Chair: LouisvilleThunder March 01, 2020  -

Appointed:
Secretary: Mr. Vacancy August 22nd, 2020 -

Regional:
Lincoln - Joseph Cao
    NY - Chair: OSR, Deputy Chair: Thr33

Southern -
    NC - Chair: WestMidlander

Fremont - Deadprez

Caucuses:
The Federalist Main Street Partnership: Founded by Altsomn Stmarken in 2014, interim Chair: LT
Freedom or Death Caucus - founded by Fhtagn, interim Chair: Deadprez
Mod Fed Caucus - Founded by Spark, Bagel and RC, Interim Chairs: Spark and Bagel23
Conservative Federalist Caucus - Founded by Muaddib after ACP merger

Important Links:
Federalist NPC HQ
Party Bylaws
Party Platform
Party Song: Battle Cry of Freedom
Official Color: Orangred
Legacy Colors: darkkhaki, Purple, Navy, Green and Turquoise
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 02:48:25 PM »

Reserved
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 02:48:34 PM »

Reserved
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 02:55:08 PM »

I will give credit where credit is due, that is a pretty nice slogan
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 02:08:07 PM »

I had planned to make this statement last night but if there is one thing that I had forgotten in the past three years, a dentist visit really takes a lot out of you. Especially when they relieve you of $300 and then do five fillings and then you realize they want to do seven or eight more down the road. So long story short I ended up falling asleep way earlier than I had planned and that impeded my ability to make three statements back to back last night.

To begin with I want to congratulate the success of Joseph Cao, Spark498 and Jessica on their successful elections to the House. While my preference would have been for four Fed House members, I am very grateful for three nonetheless and they will be a critical voice for our values and federalist principles in the House over the course of the next term in office. I also want to congratulate Deadprez on his victory in the Fremont Parliament. With these successes now we have a pretty good baseline in all three regions for the first time in a long time and my hope is that we maintain and build on this going forward so that each region has a conservative and federalist voice in their regional affairs at minimum.

As to the election as a whole it is clear that after a year and a half of Labor control of the House and nearly as long in control of the Presidency, that the people wanted a new direction and they wanted some new people at the table. It is worth noting that our Fed conference is composed entirely of new players or at least new people on the national scene. At the same time we recognize that this was not a Federalist victory alone and therefore it is incumbent on our House delegation to work with the DA, the Greens and even at times Labor to advance our Conservative values and Federalist Principles. My hope is that at the very least this election proved that there is more to this game then perpetual labor domination and thus it is worth getting involved and working to achieve success, which for many Conservatives I know has been difficult to justify in recent years.

We have a lot of work to do. We have got to get conservatives back interested and engaged in this game if we are to return to the levels of influence that we desire and rightfully expect. In order to do this, I need all members to come forward, not demanding what can be done for them, but instead volunteering whatever they can do for us as a movement and for us as a party. This includes building relationships, working and campaigning in the NPC election system, working to get new people registered and then even more important working to involve those new people into the game so they feel invested enough to continue.

Before we get to the next session though, we still have this session to complete and we have the resignation of distinguished Federalist Encke from the People's House of Representatives. It is very important to me that we hold this seat obviously since it is the third seat, the one that has been held continuously by us since the reset, the only seat in any party to still retain that distinction. As such I have decided to appoint someone I trust to keep that tradition alive until our new members swear in and one of them continues this seat into the next term.

Historically I have opted to stick with the ideology of the seat and the seat in question has generally always been establishment Fed, but establishment is not really an ideology in and of itself. There is also the ever present limitation of availability of people and thus when considering all of these factors, I have decided to appoint Muaddib to the People's House of Representatives. Muaddib built a reputation of diligent service in the CoD as Speaker and as Deputy Speaker and I know that he will serve well over the course of the next two weeks as a representative in the People's House.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 02:08:36 PM »

vi. Vacancies in the House of Representatives shall be filled by the executive of the effected Party; but should a vacancy occur as the result of the death, expulsion, or resignation of a Representative not being a member of a major Party, then a special election shall be held to chose a replacement to serve the remainder of the existing term.

To fill the vacancy in AT-Large Seat #3 created by the resignation of Encke, I am hereby appointing Muaddib to be a member of the People's House of Representatives.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 06:35:01 PM »

I added the NPC thread link and the Conservative Federalist Caucus to the caucus list, both in the OP.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 06:38:59 PM »

I am appointing Joseph Cao as Lincoln Regional Chair and Old School Republican as New York State Fed Chair with Thr33 as his deputy.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 06:39:44 PM »

Like I have always said, demonstrate effort and ability to do a task first then I will match the title to said efforts.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 06:41:31 PM »

Likewise I am making Westy Chair of our NC State Federalist Party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 06:43:14 PM »

To finish this out for now, I am making Deadprez, Fremont Regional Chair.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 06:53:06 AM »

Likewise I am making Westy Chair of our NC State Federalist Party.
Much appreciated, Mr. Chairman.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 12:46:03 AM »

Polling Results so far (just under 10 responses):

RL Ideology:
Moderate 29%
Populist Conservative 29%
Moderate, Cultural Conservative 14%
Libertarian Conservative 14%
Traditionalist Conservative 14%

Preferred Balance of Power:
Regionalism 0%
Federalism 100%
Centralism 0%

Should Politicians Resist Centralism
Yes 100%
No 0%

Preferred System of Gov't
Presidentialism 100%
Parliament 0%
Direct Democracy 0%

Preferred Legislative Branch Structure:
Bicameral 100%
Unicameral 0%
Universalist 0%

Fiscal Conservative?
Yes 83%
No 17%

Market Regulations:
None 0%
Regulate to preserve competition 100%
Regulate to consolidate power into a few firms 0%
Nationalized Industries 0%

Abortion:
Pro-Life 100% (some people who support abortion in first few weeks selected this option)
Pro-Choice 0%

Abortion Laws
Illegal with big 3 Exceptions: 57%
Legal in first 20 weeks: 29%
Always Illegal 14%

Pro-Gun:
Yes 100%
No 0%

AWB
Yes 14%
No 86%

Background Checks
Yes 57%
No 43%

LGBT Rights
Yes 100%
No 0%

Marriage:
Gay Marriage: 85%
Gov't out of Marriage (Libertarian Response) 15%
Ban Gay Marriage: 0%

Death Penalty
No 57%
Yes with or without caveats 43%

Foreign Policy:
FP Restrain 42%
Non Intervention 28%
Isolationist 14%
Interventionist 14%

Military Size
Cut waste in the Pentagon 71%
Strengthen it 28%

Trade:
Strategic use of Tariffs 71%
Multilateral Free Trade 14%
Protectionism 14%

Age ranges
18-21 33%
21-25 33%
13-17 17%
25+   17%

Religion
Agnostic 28%
Catholic 28%
Mainline Protestant 14%
Evangelical Protestant 14%
None 14%
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 01:44:55 AM »

Going to need this soon.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2021, 01:48:07 AM »

vi. Vacancies in the House of Representatives shall be filled by the executive of the effected Party; but should a vacancy occur as the result of the death, expulsion, or resignation of a Representative not being a member of a major Party, then a special election shall be held to chose a replacement to serve the remainder of the existing term.

To fill the vacancy in AT-Large Seat #2 created by the banning of People's Representative Jessica, I am hereby appointing Muaddib to be a member of the People's House of Representatives.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2022, 11:17:56 PM »

iii. At-large Senate vacancies shall be filled through appointment by the executive of the former Senator’s Party; but should a vacancy occur as the result of the death, expulsion, or resignation of an at-large Senator not being a member of a major Party, then a special election shall be held within twenty days of the vacancy to choose a replacement to serve the remainder of the existing term.

To fill the vacancy in At-Large Senate Seat #9 created by the resignation of Senator Spark, I am hereby appointing former People's Representative Enduro to be an At-Large member of the Senate.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2022, 01:41:30 AM »

I just realized we completely missed the 10th anniversary of this party Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2022, 12:29:55 AM »

I just realized we completely missed the 10th anniversary of this party Tongue

Not all of us did. Tongue
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=531460.0
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2022, 06:10:58 PM »

iii. At-large Senate vacancies shall be filled through appointment by the executive of the former Senator’s Party; but should a vacancy occur as the result of the death, expulsion, or resignation of an at-large Senator not being a member of a major Party, then a special election shall be held within twenty days of the vacancy to choose a replacement to serve the remainder of the existing term.

To fill the vacancy in At-Large Senate Seat #9 created by the resignation of Senator Spark, I am hereby appointing former People's Representative Enduro to be an At-Large member of the Senate.

Thank you for the early appointment; I've gotten to work as soon as I could
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2023, 11:20:48 PM »

Wasn't expecting this to happen again so soon but here we are.

To fill the vacancy in At-Large Senate Seat #3 created by the resignation of Senator Deadprez, I am hereby appointing former President fhtagn to be an At-Large member of the Senate.

This keeps with maintaining the seats of the resigned At-large in the hands of someone of broadly similar views, as has been my stated policy for such appointments going back years.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2023, 11:28:01 PM »

Wasn't expecting this to happen again so soon but here we are.

To fill the vacancy in At-Large Senate Seat #3 created by the resignation of Senator Deadprez, I am hereby appointing former President fhtagn to be an At-Large member of the Senate.

This keeps with maintaining the seats of the resigned At-large in the hands of someone of broadly similar views, as has been my stated policy for such appointments going back years.

Thank you for the appointment. I look forward to continuing the work of my predecessor.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2023, 11:25:24 PM »

I need to just keep this tabbed now it seems.

To fill the vacancy in At-Large Senate Seat #9 created by the resignation of Senator Enduro, I am hereby appointing OriAr to be an At-Large member of the Senate.

Relaxing my rules a bit here, because its 1. Four Days 2. Appointing LordRichard to this seat screws up the succession of seats since he was technically elected to succeed Fhtagn/Deadprez, not Enduro.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2023, 12:47:19 AM »

OriAr is a member of the SNP so I don't think you can appoint him?
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2023, 02:10:45 AM »

OriAr is a member of the SNP so I don't think you can appoint him?

Only rule is that party chairs appoint. Traditionally yes they fill it with a member of the same party, but the language quoted here does not seem to actually require that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2023, 08:02:30 PM »

I appointed Shua to a vacancy once before as well, when he was an indy/single member party.

Traditionally my rules would have dictated replacing Enduro with another libertarian, but those are few and far between these days in any case. I don't just have 2016 era Leinads lying around anymore.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies