Is the “trans genocide” conspiracy theory the Democrats’ version of the “white genocide” conspiracy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:48:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is the “trans genocide” conspiracy theory the Democrats’ version of the “white genocide” conspiracy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the “trans genocide” conspiracy theory the Democrats’ version of the “white genocide” conspiracy  (Read 646 times)
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2023, 11:11:01 AM »

?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 11:22:37 AM »

What a weird hill to die on.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 11:23:15 AM »

Call me when blue states make it illegal for children to be white, and left-wing ops talk about making it illegal for adults to be white as well.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 11:29:16 AM »

Call me when blue states make it illegal for children to be white, and left-wing ops talk about making it illegal for adults to be white as well.

"THE SCHOOLS ARE INDOCTRINATING CHILDREN TO THINK IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE" - no one ever
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 11:47:56 AM »

I don't believe it myself but it's clearly less ludicrous than "white genocide"
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 12:42:05 PM »

Leaving aside the question of which claim is more plausible, has Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, or any other senior Democratic Party political figure (or even mid-to-lower-level figures) ever retweeted or otherwise shared claims by people who are claiming that "trans genocide" is a thing? Have any of them ever stated their personal belief that this is happening?

Have the likes of Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, or Anderson Cooper dedicated entire segments of their shows to promoting the "trans genocide" conspiracy theory?

If so, that would be quite concerning.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 01:01:25 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2023, 04:51:42 PM by All Along The Watchtower »

"THE SCHOOLS ARE INDOCTRINATING CHILDREN TO THINK IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE" - no one ever

I love the idea that students in general, especially in public schools, agree with whatever their teachers say. In so many schools you can't even get them to pay attention in class or respect their teachers, let alone agree with them on serious issues!

And as for colleges/universities...have any of these people taken even a single in-person class ever? Presumably most of these politicians and pundits (and certainly a lot of people on this forum) are college-educated. How do they not know what it's like "IRL"?!

For example, my own experience at a large public university in the People's Republic of California was that while campus activism was very real and very loud, and most students were liberal/left-leaning (assuming they weren't apolitical or "hated politics", which I definitely heard from multiple people I met there), there were certainly some conservatives and right-wing libertarians in my classes. And I have no idea if I encountered a representative sample of the campus student body since like a typical Atlas poster, I majored in Political Science; if anything, there was probably significantly greater conservative representation at the school once all the STEM, Business, and Economics majors were taken into account.

The truth is that everyone, college-educated or not, subjectively processes what the Woke Mafia call "lived experiences." And that subjectivity implies individual agency. People tend to believe what they already want to believe.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 01:27:00 PM »

Funny that you should choose this phrasing given that the exact phrase "It's okay to be white" spawned a literal media frenzy with people condemning it as "hate speech" a few years back.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 01:31:40 PM »

Funny that you should choose this phrasing given that the exact phrase "It's okay to be white" spawned a literal media frenzy with people condemning it as "hate speech" a few years back.

That's the, uh, point. It is an absurd reaction to a post stipulating an absurd scenario.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 01:34:01 PM »

A better comparison would be if Ireland banned tanning beds and people called it "traveller genocide."
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2023, 02:10:19 PM »

No, because there's a very real chance of a trans genocide actually happening.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2023, 02:20:25 PM »

Transgendered people don’t a constitute a nation or an ethnic group so the term is literal nonsense.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2023, 02:40:00 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2023, 03:46:20 PM by YE »

Transgendered people don’t a constitute a nation or an ethnic group so the term is literal nonsense.

Lol you people are already planning the gaslighting now? "Akshally it's not technically a genocide"
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2023, 02:52:29 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2023, 03:46:37 PM by YE »

Lol you people are already planning the gaslighting now? "Akshally it's not technically a genocide"

I didn’t realise that alluding to the dictionary definition of a word counted as “gaslighting”. If only Charles Boyer had known that, he wouldn’t have had to go to half the trouble he did in the film.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2023, 03:11:14 PM »

Of course they do, why do you think we're called the Transgender people?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2023, 04:14:48 PM »

It's an even weirder hill to kill for.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2023, 05:21:45 PM »

"Genocide" is a term that shouldn't be thrown around lightly, but every red state with a Republican trifecta has banned all gender affirming care (or is going to in the next few weeks) for minors. These bans do not have conform to accepted medical guidance, they don't make any exceptions for parents' wishes, nor for the permanence or lack thereof of the medical treatments. In some states (maybe not all?), the ban is effective immediately so any teen who has already been doing this is detransitioned, again without regard to how that's going to affect their life when they're effectively outed to everyone they know.

There's no comparison of this situation to any of the "white genocide" conspiracies. No state has done anything like this to white people. The analogy is a failure.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 06:29:07 PM »

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to use the phrase "trans genocide", but people definitely seem to be giving transgender folks a hard time as of late.  What's up with that?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2023, 10:20:05 AM »

Calling the very bad things happening to trans people genocide is disrespectful to victims of actual genocide.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2023, 10:29:18 AM »

Nobody's doing that
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: