The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 03:25:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173438 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: July 16, 2021, 03:48:13 PM »

We're all for second chances. We just don't think people who are attracted to first graders deserve one.

You know, like normal people.

It's funny that we finally find a position where I'm more left than you.  I've always felt that the sex offender registry should be eliminated. Why are you still punished for your crime after leaving prison?  If you've completed your sentence, you've completed your sentence.  If the government doesn't feel you're ready to safely re-enter society, you shouldn't be in that society.  Let's get rid of this grey zone, especially when it's basically a scarlet letter for life that makes it difficult to find employment or build a social network, greatly increasing the chance that you rescind.

I feel this way about all crimes -- make criminal records private, give ex-felons full civil rights, get rid of the criminal history form on employment applications -- but the sex offender one is a particularly strange case because it only exists for one subset of crimes.  If you killed fifty people, you get out of prison and are considered rehabilitated, but if you raped a 17 year old decades ago, you still have to walk around the neighborhood and tell everyone the day you move in.

Anyway, this isn't the Individual Politics board.  I just think it's pretty desperate and disgusting to try and attack Shontel because she let this guy get involved in community event organizing 15 years after he completed his sentence.

Bolded for emphasis
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1251 on: July 16, 2021, 09:34:17 PM »

We're all for second chances. We just don't think people who are attracted to first graders deserve one.

You know, like normal people.

It's funny that we finally find a position where I'm more left than you.  I've always felt that the sex offender registry should be eliminated. Why are you still punished for your crime after leaving prison?  If you've completed your sentence, you've completed your sentence.  If the government doesn't feel you're ready to safely re-enter society, you shouldn't be in that society.  Let's get rid of this grey zone, especially when it's basically a scarlet letter for life that makes it difficult to find employment or build a social network, greatly increasing the chance that you rescind.

I feel this way about all crimes -- make criminal records private, give ex-felons full civil rights, get rid of the criminal history form on employment applications -- but the sex offender one is a particularly strange case because it only exists for one subset of crimes.  If you killed fifty people, you get out of prison and are considered rehabilitated, but if you raped a 17 year old decades ago, you still have to walk around the neighborhood and tell everyone the day you move in.

Anyway, this isn't the Individual Politics board.  I just think it's pretty desperate and disgusting to try and attack Shontel because she let this guy get involved in community event organizing 15 years after he completed his sentence.

Bolded for emphasis

Why bold that part?   The entire post is making a argument supporting it.  Do you think the argument is absurd in some way, or only the conclusion which follows from it? 
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1252 on: July 18, 2021, 02:43:51 AM »

Meclazine on drug addicts:

All you can do is round them up, put them on a convict boat and ship.them half way around the world and forget about them for 250 years.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1253 on: July 18, 2021, 03:16:20 AM »

Meclazine on drug addicts:

All you can do is round them up, put them on a convict boat and ship.them half way around the world and forget about them for 250 years.

The mental gymnastics our culture has taken is astonishing, really. Drug abuse, a crime that only negatively affects the user themself, deserves a punishment akin to mass murderers and pedophile networks. Either you're missing the point of saving drug abusers from themselves, or you're a psychopath.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1254 on: July 18, 2021, 09:27:29 AM »

I believe Meclazine is Australian and making a joke about Australians.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1255 on: July 18, 2021, 09:33:13 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2021, 09:42:36 AM by Southern Deputy Speaker Punxsutawney Phil »

I believe Meclazine is Australian and making a joke about Australians.
Pretty clearly. It's as clear as light and day.
Even if he wasn't joking though, I would strongly, strongly disagree with the idea that drug abuse is something negatively impacting only the user, but debating that is not something for which this thread is the right venue.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1256 on: July 19, 2021, 12:15:20 PM »

Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1257 on: July 19, 2021, 09:53:09 PM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1258 on: July 22, 2021, 09:38:08 PM »

The court ruled that deadnaming trans seniors constitutes "an ideological disagreement with another person’s expressed gender identity," and therefore is somehow protected as free speech. Lunacy.

You cannot disagree with what someone's gender is

I wonder if the free speech gang will uphold the rights of nurses to call patients racial slurs because of “ideological disagreements”.

Authoritarians are deranged. Fortunately none of you will ever have the control over people and their minds that you so obviously, desperately desire. And fortunately there is still enough sanity and principle left in the courts of this country to strike down attempts by your like-minded comrades in Commiefornia to implement such control.

That being said, it is true that people who refuse to do their jobs and treat patients with respect can be fired or punished in the workplace for it. But that’s a concern of the employer, not the state. The rush to make everything a criminal offense punishable by the state is seriously disturbing. As is the left’s mockery and downplaying of free speech as somehow a right-wing concern these days. I wish I could say this thread was the first time I’d seen that but sadly it’s far from it.

You're from a state that elects Bitch McConnell and you're calling folks deranged?
Geoffrey Howe
Geoffrey Howe admirer
United Kingdom

« Reply #1259 on: July 23, 2021, 11:40:22 AM »

The right eventually needs to be permanently removed from political relevance for racism to end on a large scale. It is the right-wing who is always talking about race and the left only talks about it in response.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1260 on: July 26, 2021, 12:41:18 AM »

This is the equivalent of prosecuting Jesus to modern day Democrats.

On the topic of Republicans prosecuting Fauci for not being a Trump yes-man.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1261 on: July 27, 2021, 12:38:50 AM »

France doesn't have a drinking age and its a racist, anti-Semetic sh**thole, what does that tell you.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #1262 on: July 27, 2021, 07:40:53 AM »

France doesn't have a drinking age and its a racist, anti-Semetic sh**thole, what does that tell you.

I've never been to France, I have no idea what it's like, but I would imagine that there's probably at least a few people who have issues with anti-Semitism there.

See folks. .  . . how good it feels to assume the best of places you haven't been?  I'd encourage more of you to try it.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1263 on: July 29, 2021, 09:22:53 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2021, 09:34:24 PM by Hammy »

I'm spitting straight facts, always sourced, and you seem to be unable to accept them, relying instead on outdated information or outright lies. Mighty Trumpist of you. How many red hats do you have in your closet? Do you think Biden won the 2020 election fairly?

"Spitting facts" says the person whose reply is filled with nothing but smears.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1264 on: July 29, 2021, 09:33:34 PM »

I've never been to France, I have no idea what it's like, but I would imagine that there's probably at least a few people who have issues with anti-Semitism there.

See folks. .  . . how good it feels to assume the best of places you haven't been?  I'd encourage more of you to try it.

One thing you'll learn about me is that 50% of my posts are interesting TL posts, 25% are solid predictions, 15% are complaining that my Scott-Baker-Collins wing of the party is underrepresented, 9% are completely random sh**t that would seem out of place in anything but someone tweeting from their bathroom drunk at 3:00AM, and 1% are insane blaming of the Kennedys for everything.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #1265 on: July 30, 2021, 06:56:14 AM »

One thing you'll learn about me is that 50% of my posts are interesting TL posts, 25% are solid predictions, 15% are complaining that my Scott-Baker-Collins wing of the party is underrepresented, 9% are completely random sh**t that would seem out of place in anything but someone tweeting from their bathroom drunk at 3:00AM, and 1% are insane blaming of the Kennedys for everything.

Well you certainly are one of the more honest people on here Tongue.  My respects.

Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1266 on: July 30, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »

to be fair, most Dems don't remember anything before Obama and refuse to learn history
Pro-Israel, anti-Bibi
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1267 on: July 30, 2021, 01:26:29 PM »

Ah yes, the Dems are the party that not only refuses to learn history, but is banning the teaching of history, too. Big brain moment.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1268 on: July 30, 2021, 09:39:17 PM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1269 on: July 30, 2021, 09:44:22 PM »

Isn’t it a HIPPA violation to ask diners their vaccination status?
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1270 on: July 30, 2021, 09:45:58 PM »

That’s a joke.  That’s what the extra P is for.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1271 on: July 30, 2021, 10:22:57 PM »

We've already had this one.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1272 on: July 30, 2021, 10:32:00 PM »

Besides, looking at this from a purely political perspective, if you're a Democrat why would you be opposed to this media coverage of Delta? They're not blaming the Biden administration in any way and are basically portraying the surge as an act of God due to a much more powerful variant. They're keeping the "state of pandemic" going, but that's great for Democrats! Joe Biden's approval rating on handling COVID-19 is consistently 5-10 points higher than his overall approval rating, so if people are still thinking about the pandemic in 2022, they'd be more likely to vote Democratic.

What you don't want is for people to have forgotten about the pandemic by 2022, give Biden no credit for it when voting, and vote according to the usual issues along their usual partisan allegiances, which would put the Democrats in serious jeopardy of losing the House. Shouldn't you be wanting the pandemic to continue for as long as possible so people are constantly reminded of how badly Trump bungled it and Biden continually looks like the "adult in the room"?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1273 on: August 02, 2021, 02:27:50 AM »

The fact that citizens typically combine 97 to 99 percent of their votes for the two major political parties—not just for U.S. President—more than likely has Jesus Christ not taking the electorate seriously.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1274 on: August 03, 2021, 07:14:45 AM »

Trump should be indicted for each of these officers's murder.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies