Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 05:27:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 43
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 47258 times)
AtorBoltox

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 29, 2020, 12:31:43 AM »

Watch all the second amendment 'liberty' nuts turn into huge supporters of government force
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #276 on: May 29, 2020, 12:32:01 AM »

That’s disappointing.

What's "disappointing" about it?
They need to restore order, and not have fires everywhere.
I mean, it's disappointing they have to do it, but it's a necessity before nightfall (is this what you mean?)

I am so glad to see people fighting back against the pigs and the public is generally supportive of it. The police in this country need to be sent a message that we’re not going to tolerate them killing people and occupying our neighborhoods with a military force. They also need to be told where they can shove their traffic tickets as well.

Pigs? Really? Told where they "can shove their traffic tickets"?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #277 on: May 29, 2020, 12:32:45 AM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #278 on: May 29, 2020, 12:33:08 AM »

Watch all the second amendment 'liberty' nuts turn into huge supporters of government force

You mean like these nuts?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #279 on: May 29, 2020, 12:33:23 AM »

Conservatives traditionally believe the main roles of government are the courts, the law, and the national defense. How does enforcing the law and fufilling the most essential job of government (protection of property) a violation of that?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #280 on: May 29, 2020, 12:34:30 AM »

My solution

1. Fire any police officer who kills anyone, anyone, regardless of race, unarmed.

2. Charge the police officer to a maximum death penalty.

3. Prevent police unions from making political endorsements. POLICE WORK FOR ALL AMERICANS, NOT JUST RIGHT LEANING AMERICANS. ACT LIKE IT.

4. Police officers: DROP THE ATTITUDE DURING ENCOUNTERS. You work for the people. Don't have an attitude with a citizen and vice versa with a citizen and a cop.

5. ANY POLICE OFFICER WHO MAKES RACIST/HOMOPHOBIC COMMENTS ON FACEBOOK OR OTHER ONLINE SOCIAL MEDIA SHOULD BE FIRED AND CONTAINED

6. DE-ESCALATION. USE FORCE UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BRANDISH GUN ON SUSPECT UNLESS NECESSARY

7. AMERICA NEEDS TO REALIZE THAT WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO WITH RACE. WE HAVE OVERCAME, BUT WE HAVE A FAR WAY TO GO

8. POLICE OFFICERS NEED TO REALIZE THEY ARE BAD APPLES AND ROOT IT OUT. KEEP YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS OUT OF MIND AT WORK.

So in regards to 1., it's not okay to defend yourself? The cop who shot Michael Brown should have been locked up, even though Brown went for the gun?
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #281 on: May 29, 2020, 12:35:38 AM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #282 on: May 29, 2020, 12:37:06 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 12:48:57 AM by lfromnj »

Imagine actually thinking Michigan and Minnesota are even remotely equal in the danger that is happening !
The Michigan protest while which you can disagree with politically was mostly peaceful.
This protest has gone into a full blown riot. This one requires a much larger force to deal with.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2020, 12:39:42 AM »

Force needs to be applied to curb the actions of the criminals that are looting and destroying businesses, how much economic damage is being inflicted upon normal business owners as a result of these riots. As for the issue of Floyd, it's clear the police attracts some sadists and when you have hundreds of thousands of police officers, you will get a few sadists who enjoy causing pain and killing people, its unfortunate but inevitable, the only solution is a trial for the police officer who was involved with killing Floyd.

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now? I sure hope they don't break into your home, steal your belongings, sexually assault your wife/daughter and kill your dog. Too bad it would be wrong to defend yourself.

To be clear, I am VERY MUCH with these protestors on this unjustified killing. A destructive violent mob and protestors are two different things though. One understands right/wrong and processes logic and reason, the other does not.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #284 on: May 29, 2020, 12:43:37 AM »

Force needs to be applied to curb the actions of the criminals that are looting and destroying businesses, how much economic damage is being inflicted upon normal business owners as a result of these riots. As for the issue of Floyd, it's clear the police attracts some sadists and when you have hundreds of thousands of police officers, you will get a few sadists who enjoy causing pain and killing people, its unfortunate but inevitable, the only solution is a trial for the police officer who was involved with killing Floyd.

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now?

To be clear, I am VERY MUCH with these protestors on this unjustified killing. A destructive violent mob and protestors are two different things though. One understands right/wrong and processes logic and reason, the other does not.

This isn't Canada, fam.

"Peaceful" protests have failed time and time again. Is this the right answer? Almost certainly not but it isn't unreasonable for desperate times to call for desperate measures. People are already on their last legs due to the pandemic, it's the perfect storm.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #285 on: May 29, 2020, 12:44:42 AM »

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now? I sure hope they don't break into your home, steal your belongings, sexually assault your wife/daughter and kill your dog. Too bad it would be wrong to defend yourself.

I hate having to explain my own jokes, but Annatar's username makes him Sauron.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #286 on: May 29, 2020, 12:44:53 AM »

The Michigan protest while which you can disagree with politically was mostly peaceful.

Storming the capital with assault weapons is NOT peaceful.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #287 on: May 29, 2020, 12:45:18 AM »

I saw a portion of an interview where someone reported seeing someone burn to death in one of the buildings. Sad
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #288 on: May 29, 2020, 12:46:18 AM »

I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2020, 12:47:28 AM »

Yeah this is insane. George Floyd would be aghast to see this happening.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #290 on: May 29, 2020, 12:48:14 AM »

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now?

This isn't Canada, fam.

"Peaceful" protests have failed time and time again. Is this the right answer? Almost certainly not but it isn't unreasonable for desperate times to call for desperate measures. People are already on their last legs due to the pandemic, it's the perfect storm.

Riots like these won't help their cause. It will only (rightfully) make people think those burning down buildings and looting are human trash taking advantage of a tragedy to cause trouble.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #291 on: May 29, 2020, 12:48:49 AM »

Trump is advocating for the extrajudicial killing of hundreds of people. I will never forgive this country if he's re-elected.

My loathing for this man is at an all-time high.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #292 on: May 29, 2020, 12:48:52 AM »

And since people are trying to reference MLK to shame folks...

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2020, 12:50:11 AM »

Sorry bud, just because you don't like guns doesn't mean people carrying them are committing a violent act.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2020, 12:50:17 AM »

ok sauron

Right, everyone should just say "I'm sorry" and sing kumbayah over some poutine. Police brutality solved 🙄

But seriously, this has been boiling over for years. Maybe it isn't right, but it's nothing compared to what police have inflicted on minorities for centuries. I don't condone it, but I get it.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2020, 12:50:22 AM »

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #296 on: May 29, 2020, 12:50:56 AM »

And since people are trying to reference MLK to shame folks...

The rioters and looters deserve to be shamed.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #297 on: May 29, 2020, 12:51:22 AM »

Sorry bud, just because you don't like guns doesn't mean people carrying them are committing a violent act.
Storming a legislature with the express purpose of intimidating elected officials is domestic terrorism
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: May 29, 2020, 12:53:19 AM »

ok sauron

Right, everyone should just say "I'm sorry" and sing kumbayah over some poutine. Police brutality solved 🙄

But seriously, this has been boiling over for years. Maybe it isn't right, but it's nothing compared to what police have inflicted on minorities for centuries. I don't condone it, but I get it.

This is how I feel.  They've tried everything and nothing has changed.  What are they supposed to do?  Peaceful protest?  Taking a knee was about the most respectful thing they could've done to protest police brutality, and they were mocked and vilified by the President and his ilk for it.  
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: May 29, 2020, 12:54:09 AM »

ok sauron

This isn't Canada, fam.

Riots like these won't help their cause. It will only (rightfully) make people think those burning down buildings and looting are human trash taking advantage of a tragedy to cause trouble.

What will help their cause?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies