COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:04:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 88
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones  (Read 116624 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: April 08, 2020, 12:22:34 PM »

Whitmer screwed up big by trying to stop a drug that saved the life of one of her fellow Democratic lawmakers life. She even said the President saved her life. Thank you President Trump!

This is such a reliable source /s

She said on TV too
This wasn’t exactly Whitmer playing partisan politics, as she was actually requested by the Michigan Senate Majority leader (R) to warn doctors against using hydroxychloroquine because the side effects were worrisome. As a matter of fact, Michigan is currently running one of the largest hydroxychloroquine tests in the country to see if it is safe and effective. Honestly, I wouldn’t have done what Michigan did, simply due to the crisis, but there is reasoning behind it.
Also I wish Trump would tout Remdesivir more, as it is safer in humans and is likely more effective.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #751 on: April 08, 2020, 12:31:04 PM »

Whitmer screwed up big by trying to stop a drug that saved the life of one of her fellow Democratic lawmakers life. She even said the President saved her life. Thank you President Trump!

She said on TV too

That's not what I meant and you know it. I'm glad it worked for her but it's just one isolated case so it doesn't really mean anything and Giuliani has a reason to keep spreading it out.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #752 on: April 08, 2020, 12:35:02 PM »

She said on TV too
This wasn’t exactly Whitmer playing partisan politics, as she was actually requested by the Michigan Senate Majority leader (R) to warn doctors against using hydroxychloroquine because the side effects were worrisome. As a matter of fact, Michigan is currently running one of the largest hydroxychloroquine tests in the country to see if it is safe and effective. Honestly, I wouldn’t have done what Michigan did, simply due to the crisis, but there is reasoning behind it.
Also I wish Trump would tout Remdesivir more, as it is safer in humans and is likely more effective.

So fake news?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #753 on: April 08, 2020, 12:35:51 PM »

How in the world does this legislator know she would have died without it? She doesn't and can't.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #754 on: April 08, 2020, 12:39:28 PM »

Atlanta media mogul Tyler Perry paid the grocery bills for all shoppers during senior hour Wednesday morning at 44 Kroger supermarkets in metro Atlanta and 29 more in his hometown of New Orleans.

“Senior and higher-risk Kroger shoppers in metro Atlanta did receive a nice surprise at the register this morning when they learned Tyler Perry had paid their grocery tab in full,” said Felix Turner, the Atlanta spokesman for Kroger. “We would like to join our customers in thanking Mr. Perry for his kindness and generosity during this unprecedented pandemic. It was truly a pleasure to see our customers fill with joy and gratitude as the news spread throughout 44 stores across metro Atlanta.”

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/tyler-perry-pays-senior-hour-groceries-krogers-atlanta-new-orleans/z6JPgytKu0dqRF7KFv5VfL/
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #755 on: April 08, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »

Paging #TSA -- I've officially lost my sense of smell. 
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #756 on: April 08, 2020, 01:03:16 PM »

Surprisingly late - most people who reported a loss of smell seemed to report it as the first symptom, or around the time of developing a cough or mild fever at the beginning. I even know a few friends in NYC (not tested positive obviously) who have not shown any symptoms except a total loss of smell and taste, which is so rare a symptom otherwise that it just has to be coronavirus.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #757 on: April 08, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »

Has nothing to do with Trump having financial interest in a company that produces it. All we're doing is having it bought up by people trying to profit off of it and hurting people with Lupus along with likely giving people some pretty serious side effects. I'll listen to the doctors themselves, not the severely mentally limited President.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #758 on: April 08, 2020, 01:53:36 PM »

Surprisingly late - most people who reported a loss of smell seemed to report it as the first symptom, or around the time of developing a cough or mild fever at the beginning. I even know a few friends in NYC (not tested positive obviously) who have not shown any symptoms except a total loss of smell and taste, which is so rare a symptom otherwise that it just has to be coronavirus.

I get the sense that my case has been somewhat atypical.  But whatever the order of the symptoms, I can't wait to be healthy again. 
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #759 on: April 08, 2020, 02:03:51 PM »

Too bad. Hope you get better very soon.

I've read reports that smell disappears pratically immediately, but don't know whether it's true across the board.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #760 on: April 08, 2020, 02:08:36 PM »

Dr. Frieden said that if the state and city had adopted widespread social-distancing measures a week or two earlier, including closing schools, stores and restaurants, then the estimated death toll from the outbreak might have been reduced by 50 to 80 percent.

But New York mandated those measures after localities in states including California and Washington had done so.

San Francisco, for example, ordered schools closed on March 12 when that city had 18 confirmed cases; Ohio also ordered its schools closed on the same day, with five confirmed cases. Mr. de Blasio ordered schools in New York to close three days later when the city had 329 cases.

Then seven Bay Area counties imposed stay-at-home rules on March 17. Two days later, the entire state of California ordered the same. New York State’s stay-at-home order came on the 20th, and went into effect on March 22.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #761 on: April 08, 2020, 02:33:34 PM »

I get the sense that my case has been somewhat atypical.  But whatever the order of the symptoms, I can't wait to be healthy again. 

I hope you've been feeling better in other ways recently!
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #762 on: April 08, 2020, 02:34:43 PM »

People should keep eyes on Pennsylvania. The last couple of days they've put out fatality numbers (60-70 deaths/day) that are comparable to what LA/MI have been putting out. They've also been logging over 1000 new cases the last couple of days.
Not just PA.
 Georgia, Indiana, the DMV states, and Florida are now seeing rapid case growth. Funny enough, I warned of all this as a “second hit” weeks ago and was told I was wrong. The only thing that is off/shocking is Albany, GA (I thought Atlanta would be the hardest hit first)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #763 on: April 08, 2020, 02:37:13 PM »

People should keep eyes on Pennsylvania. The last couple of days they've put out fatality numbers (60-70 deaths/day) that are comparable to what LA/MI have been putting out. They've also been logging over 1000 new cases the last couple of days.
Not just PA.
 Georgia, Indiana, the DMV states, and Florida are now seeing rapid case growth. Funny enough, I warned of all this as a “second hit” weeks ago and was told I was wrong. The only thing that is off/shocking is Albany, GA (I thought Atlanta would be the hardest hit first)

Albany has been a hot spot apparently because a super-spreader attended a large funeral there and infected a bunch of other people.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #764 on: April 08, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #765 on: April 08, 2020, 02:42:19 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #766 on: April 08, 2020, 03:10:50 PM »

I live in an area of north Georgia that went 80+% for Trump in 2016.

People here still aren’t social distancing in large numbers. I still hear people using the “flu kills more people” argument. Or claiming that it’s just being overblown by the media. Or that it’s a liberal conspiracy to cause a recession because that’s the only way they think they can beat Trump.

Fortunately, my area is not heavily populated. Otherwise the idiocy would result in many more cases than we currently have.

I just don’t see how people can be so stupid.

Living through this, there is a clear divide in intelligence between those living in places where I live and those living in places that vote Democratic.

Maybe this is semantics, or maybe it's important. Never confuse intelligence with ignorance based on willing misinformation. People are in and of themselves intelligent, managing business, raising kids, Etc. But their only source of information is Fox, right-wing radio, and Facebook / Twitter memes shared by other like-minded individuals.

I guess what I'm saying is it's important to understand how intelligent people can be so willingly ignorant because they seal themselves in a bubble after convincing themselves that "the liberal mainstream media lies!", that they'll willingly hook themselves into that bubble to "get the real story". At that point, their ability to Foster and independent thought based on alternative sources of information is basically closed off entirely. And this is basically what's happened to our country for the last 35 years.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #767 on: April 08, 2020, 04:00:41 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2020, 04:03:51 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

Looks like the covid reporting sites all reported a typo for Nevada
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #768 on: April 08, 2020, 04:19:21 PM »

Looks like the covid reporting sites all reported a typo for Nevada

The number of new positives for Nevada appears to be the number of total tests in their source.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #769 on: April 08, 2020, 04:26:52 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/07/coronavirus-is-infecting-killing-black-americans-an-alarmingly-high-rate-post-analysis-shows/

The coronavirus is infecting and killing black Americans at an alarmingly high rate

As the novel coronavirus sweeps across the United States, it appears to be infecting and killing black Americans at a disproportionately high rate, according to a Washington Post analysis of early data from jurisdictions across the country.

The emerging stark racial disparity led the surgeon general Tuesday to acknowledge in personal terms the increased risk for African Americans amid growing demands that public-health officials release more data on the race of those who are sick, hospitalized and dying of a contagion that has killed more than 12,000 people in the United States.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #770 on: April 08, 2020, 05:08:46 PM »

Georgia's shelter-in-place order, which was set to expire on Monday, has just been extended through the end of the month.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #771 on: April 08, 2020, 05:23:36 PM »

Just now I tuned into a Trump press conference for the first and last time.  Some dipsh**t reporter was asking him if he had any plans to pardon the Tiger King.

13,000 Americans dead so far.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #772 on: April 08, 2020, 05:29:53 PM »

Here's a map I pulled together from the IHME tracker. It shows how long each state has to go before its projected date of peak resource use (the top of the proverbial curve).

Dark red = >10 days until peak
Medium red = >5 days until peak
Pink = <5 days until peak
Yellow = Today is projected peak
Light green = <5 days since peak
medium green = >5 days since peak

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #773 on: April 08, 2020, 05:47:41 PM »

'Yikes!' Amanpour reacts to Fox News montage about virus.

CNN's Christiane Amanpour and NYT opinion columnist Kara Swisher discuss Fox News' role in spreading misinformation about the coronavirus.

Watch video here ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/04/08/fox-news-coronavirus-montage-amanpour-vpx.cnn

Watch the video above.
Just another example of how Fox and their ignorant news cast, spread lies and in the end, look like idiots with a giant foot-in-mouth.
How many died or will die, due to their negligence?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #774 on: April 08, 2020, 06:04:55 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 88  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies