COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:43:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones  (Read 114254 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: April 03, 2020, 03:06:35 PM »

Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 10:20:37 AM »

If this doesn't discriminate by religion, I think I'm okay with this. As long as mosques, synagogues, Buddhist monasteries, Hindu temples, Wiccan covens, Scientology centers, and Ramtha's School of Enlightenment all get equal funds for their size, I don't think it should violate the 1st Amendment, and I say this as an irreligious person.

That being said, I have no faith in this administration to enact this in any kind of equal manner. It's hard to tell from the article what organizations are eligible, since the writer seems to be using "churches" and "faith-based institutions" interchangeably.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 05:29:53 PM »

Here's a map I pulled together from the IHME tracker. It shows how long each state has to go before its projected date of peak resource use (the top of the proverbial curve).

Dark red = >10 days until peak
Medium red = >5 days until peak
Pink = <5 days until peak
Yellow = Today is projected peak
Light green = <5 days since peak
medium green = >5 days since peak

Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 07:47:04 PM »

From NBC: U.S. spy agencies collected raw intelligence hinting at public health crisis in Wuhan, China, in November

WASHINGTON — U.S. spy agencies collected raw intelligence hinting at a public health crisis in Wuhan, China, in November, two current and one former U.S. official told NBC News, but the information was not understood as the first warning signs of an impending global pandemic.

The intelligence came in the form of communications intercepts and overhead images showing increased activity at health facilities, the officials said. The intelligence was distributed to some federal public health officials in the form of a "situation report" in late November, a former official briefed on the matter said. But there was no assessment that a lethal global outbreak was brewing at that time, a defense official said.

On Wednesday night, the Defense Department disputed an ABC News report that an "intelligence report" had warned about the coronavirus in November.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 11:55:36 AM »

Visualized unexpected deaths in NYC.

So the deadliest month in NYC after this month and 9/11 was January 2000. Did Y2K actually happen and get covered up?
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 07:03:13 PM »

Washington State's latest update has only 89 new cases over 24 hours. That's down from over 600 per day at our peak.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies