Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:38:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148140 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: May 02, 2020, 12:46:22 PM »

Let's move on please. We have to focus on getting this orange clown out of the White House!
Yes. We have to get a possible sexual predator to the White House because muh Trump
Oh, the irony.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1601 on: May 02, 2020, 12:47:23 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2020, 01:01:59 PM by Make PA Blue Again! »

Fifth and counting, lmao!

Lmao, this thing is nothing but a hoax. Even Trump is better at lying.

This whole thing is falling apart by the hour.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1602 on: May 02, 2020, 12:47:55 PM »

Chris Hayes devastated.  Fire his Bernie Bro ass.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1603 on: May 02, 2020, 12:49:04 PM »

Really wild how quickly this whole thing has fallen apart. Maybe Biden should have gone on TV about this a few weeks ago to nip it in the bud then.

I've spoken to a few relatively apolitical people about this, they all brought it up on their own. But no one believes this nonsense. No one seriously believes that Joe Biden violently raped a woman in a senate hallway and somehow kept it a secret for 30 years. Trumpists are just talking about this because they want to own the hypocritical libs, leftist are just pretending to believe her because they're still upset that Bernie lost, and the sickos in the media are only focusing on this because they're bored of covering the mounting pile of corpses across the country caused by Trump's incompetence.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1604 on: May 02, 2020, 12:50:39 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2020, 01:04:56 PM by Impeachment Inquiry »

So let's look at what the latest is. She says she never filed a complaint now (which means she lied before) and now she canceled her interview. It's starting to look a whole lot like Biden's response has her changing things up again.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1605 on: May 02, 2020, 12:55:38 PM »

This scenario looking more and more likely. I hope she can get the help she needs.

I don't have clear evidence about that, let alone proof, but is there a chance she's paid by the Russians for these allegations which appear not have much substance? Otherwise, why would someone wait that long, even during the vice presidency, and stay quiet? There must be something more behind it if you ask me.

Possibly. Also in the immediate Kavanaugh aftermath, Republican social media stars promised to start paying women to accuse Democrats, so maybe we're seeing that in action.

However, I think the most likely scenario is that she's just an unstable, crazy person who thought she was going to become rich and famous last year when she joined others in accusing Biden of unwanted but non-sexual overtouching, but after that went nowhere she decided to rev it up and try again. It has probably worked.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1606 on: May 02, 2020, 01:05:06 PM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1607 on: May 02, 2020, 01:10:58 PM »

Where did she say that she didn't file the complaint that she claimed she had filed all this time? Is there a clip? That would be the definitive end of this.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1608 on: May 02, 2020, 01:13:42 PM »

sixth!! Who is taking bets on 7?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1609 on: May 02, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1610 on: May 02, 2020, 01:16:33 PM »

What did she accuse him of? Bad breath and colorful language?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1611 on: May 02, 2020, 01:17:46 PM »

I have a feeling these sexual accusations will collapse like a cardhouse the next few weeks and months.

It was probably just a Klobuchar-style „being rude/nasty to staff situation“ (if at all ...)

It will die down during the summer.

Republicans will try to warm it up again in October, but nobody will really care anymore.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1612 on: May 02, 2020, 01:18:21 PM »

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1613 on: May 02, 2020, 01:20:40 PM »

At this point she is changing again because she knows if the complaint is actually found that it will contradict her assault story. I assume in that case she would just claim that she was too afraid to report the assault and just reported something else, but that won't save her.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1614 on: May 02, 2020, 01:23:56 PM »

At this point she is changing again because she knows if the complaint is actually found that it will contradict her assault story. I assume in that case she would just claim that she was too afraid to report the assault and just reported something else, but that won't save her.

speaking of the devil

Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #1615 on: May 02, 2020, 01:24:16 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2020, 01:27:30 PM by SirWoodbury »

Those are excellent numbers. The GOP needs to spam ruthless attack ads 24/7 with Biden cuddling with women/demand the release of the UoD documents. They need to go scorched-earth on Biden. Everything they did against Kavanaugh needs to be done against Biden.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1616 on: May 02, 2020, 01:27:27 PM »

Those are excellent numbers. The GOP needs to spam attack ads 24/7 with Biden cuddling with women/demand the release of the UoD documents. They need to go scorched-earth on Biden. Everything they did against Kavanaugh needs to be done against Biden.

You realize your party's nominee is accused by multiple women with more credibility? And that he's on tape bragging about assault?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1617 on: May 02, 2020, 01:28:41 PM »

Then how the hell is anything she is saying supposed to be proven?
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1618 on: May 02, 2020, 01:28:45 PM »

Those are excellent numbers. The GOP needs to spam attack ads 24/7 with Biden cuddling with women/demand the release of the UoD documents. They need to go scorched-earth on Biden. Everything they did against Kavanaugh needs to be done against Biden.
"Everything they did against Kavanaugh"? So...have a credible accuser come forward? Good luck with that because I doubt Joe Biden has ever done anything close to sexual harassment except maybe saying something iffy (from a current perspective) to a woman at a campaign event.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1619 on: May 02, 2020, 01:28:54 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/495787-david-axelrod-says-obama-teams-vetting-of-biden-didnt-find-misconduct?fbclid=IwAR16UxbiqC8JrnQscKcpGtT1aVYMXHZPLwXBiOph7VzW9XMZqLveLIuDZA0

Axelrod says they found nothing on Biden when they were vetting him, and that Obama would have disqualified him if he had. That, more than anything, is what's making me doubt the Reade allegations. There's no way something like that wouldn't have come up in Obama's vetting or while he was VP.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1620 on: May 02, 2020, 01:30:57 PM »

Kind of seems like Reade wasn't expecting Biden to respond so forcefully.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1621 on: May 02, 2020, 01:31:24 PM »

This scenario looking more and more likely. I hope she can get the help she needs.

I don't have clear evidence about that, let alone proof, but is there a chance she's paid by the Russians for these allegations which appear not have much substance? Otherwise, why would someone wait that long, even during the vice presidency, and stay quiet? There must be something more behind it if you ask me.

Possibly. Also in the immediate Kavanaugh aftermath, Republican social media stars promised to start paying women to accuse Democrats, so maybe we're seeing that in action.

However, I think the most likely scenario is that she's just an unstable, crazy person who thought she was going to become rich and famous last year when she joined others in accusing Biden of unwanted but non-sexual overtouching, but after that went nowhere she decided to rev it up and try again. It has probably worked.

I have little doubt that Tara Reade is a victim.  I have little doube that Christine Blasey Ford is a victim.  WHO victimized them is a fair question.  But the reality is that people here "believe" Blasey Ford because they want it to be true and discredit Tara Reade with the kind of "Nuts" innuendo that Hillary Clinton used against Bill's 1990s accusers because they want Reade's accusations to be false.

The truth is that there is not enough evidence to confirm, even to a standard of mere Probable Cause that Biden or Kavanaugh did any of what they're accused of.  For that to happen, there would have to be more actual evidence to come to light that has not been brought to light as of now.  

My issue is with the whole #MeToo thing.  The whole issue that people can come forth, out of the blue, 20-30 years later and accuse people of criminal sexual acts that happened when they were adults, able to report the matter to Law Enforcement.  I'm well aware of the difficulty victims experience in reporting these crimes.  Just imagine the difficulty Gary Dotson experienced in his years in prison after being falsely accused.  It SHOULDN'T be easy to ruin the life of another, even if your own life has been ruined, because that will result in an increase of ruined lives solely for a political agenda.

The same folks who "believe" Joe Biden and are suggesting "vetting" of Reade's accusation are the same folks who condemned vetting of Blasey Ford's accusation; they wanted Blasey Ford's to be taken at face value, without critique.  This crowd has a record of public statements they can't walk back, now that it's Biden in the hot seat.  I'm willing to allow them to gracefully do so if they are willing to admit that the #MeToo posture is a fundamentally wrong posture.  It's a posture that allows men to be treated as guilty, without a burden of proof being met.  It's a posture that makes questioning of female accusers to be something short of a meaningful confrontation of the accuser by the accused.  I challenge the Red Avatars here to walk THAT posture back.  I don't condone sexual crimes, and I don't condone sexual harassment, but I don't view the kind of "justice" that #MeToo has wrought to be anything than a remedy that is, at its most extreme, far worse than the disease.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1622 on: May 02, 2020, 01:31:35 PM »

An “intake form” is specific. She also said she used the words “uncomfortable” and “retaliation,” so she is giving some specific detail.
  What is the procedure for intake form? Is that different from a formal complaint? Where would those be found? Are they even stored?

https://apnews.com/aec7beb03e9e0e0e6e3c58111293e0ea

give it a rest, dude. you aren't her lawyer, you don't need to twist and contort her lies into something resembling a coherent narrative
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1623 on: May 02, 2020, 01:31:40 PM »

Ryan Grim, Nathan Robinson, The Intercept, and the rest of that crowd should never be taking seriously again.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1624 on: May 02, 2020, 01:31:59 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies