Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:23:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148246 times)
roxas11
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: April 29, 2020, 11:37:21 AM »
« edited: April 29, 2020, 11:42:33 AM by roxas11 »

Also while everybody was distracted by this the News just broke that the US GDP just U.S. contacted to at 4.8% in 1st quarter, the sharpest decline since 2008

That is much bigger than the 3.5%  estimates that they were expecting

this is really Bad and it just makes it very clear that by the end of the day this election will ultimately be about the state of the economy.  we are heading into some very tough times and if Biden was smart he would be focused on the economy for now until election day

If the media want to focus on Tara Reade I say let them
because for the Vast majority of the american people the only thing they are going to care about on election day is who is going to lead us out of this recession and if Biden proves to them that he is the man for the job than He will be our next president

all the Tara Reade allegations in the world wont save trump and the GOP from a Horrible economy that is the middle of a recession
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1051 on: April 29, 2020, 11:40:23 AM »

Looks like the media’s decided to run with the story without actually fact-checking.

Tara Reade is difficult to dismiss. Since she publicly accused her former boss, Joe Biden, of sexual assault, multiple outlets reported corroborative evidence that supports her account. She says she told her brother; the New York Times and the Washington Post confirmed that she did. She says she told an anonymous friend; reporters confirmed that too. She told the Intercept that her mother, distraught over her treatment in Biden’s office, called into Larry King Live to ask for advice around the time of the attack, and the clip emerged. On Monday, Business Insider reported the most significant piece of circumstantial evidence to date: A former neighbor and a former co-worker of Reade’s both told the outlet that Reade disclosed a traumatic event to them in the mid-’90s.

Exactly - there is so much wrong with this. This fails to mention that her brother changed his story later on, fails to mention it not only can't be proven that that was her mother, but that her mother didn't even mention anything about sexual assault on Larry King, and doesn't mention that her neighbor was "reminded" of the story by Tara recently. ALSO, again, not to mention the treasure trove of Reade's off-kiltered remarks on her blog and on social media over the past few years.

It is Sarah Jones who is Bernie hack.

The people pushing this are bad faith leftists. It is the same crowd who was pushing the Biden had dementia crap.

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1052 on: April 29, 2020, 11:49:30 AM »

Instead of letting this drip drip drip until election day, the Biden camp should do oppo research and drop the bomb on her.

There will be a blowback, but it will dissipate by election day.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1053 on: April 29, 2020, 11:51:24 AM »

Also, if I could make a point. I've seen multiple people on social media discuss how this story is going to lead to Biden's senate document archive getting released somehow. Lets go over how that is unlikely.

The Freedom of Information Act, the thing used to uncover sensitive documents from the United States government, does not cover the Legislative Branch. So, someone cant sue for Biden's archives to be opened in order to find any complaints filed against Biden.

The vast majority of Biden's archive is still in its original, physical format. That means most of the documents are sitting in locked backroom somewhere. So, the only way this is leaking is if someone goes back there and steals heavy boxes with years worth of files in them.

And after 2016, even if Biden was 100% innocent, why in God's name would he let the media have a free for all with 30 years worth of potentially embarrassing stuff.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #1054 on: April 29, 2020, 11:53:15 AM »

I’m scared this is going to be the new “emails”. That being a scandal with flimsy evidence and a lot of hearsay. How much attention will this receive? Coupled with a strong third party candidate in the form of Justin Amash and I’m honestly terrified we’re going to lose this election in a repeat of 2016.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1055 on: April 29, 2020, 11:54:30 AM »

I’m scared this is going to be the new “emails”. That being a scandal with flimsy evidence and a lot of hearsay. How much attention will this receive? Coupled with a strong third party candidate in the form of Justin Amash and I’m honestly terrified we’re going to lose this election in a repeat of 2016.

Exactly.

Biden shouldn't let this drip drip drip until election day.

The Biden camp should do oppo research and drop the bomb on her.

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1056 on: April 29, 2020, 12:03:26 PM »

The email scandal lasted as long as it did because new batches of emails were constantly being released at strategic moments throughout the campaign. Had we just gotten one huge email release, the scandal would have eventually lost its potency. At the moment, this is a single accusation. A single accusation can not be a new "emails" story because it cant sustain itself. This accusation has gotten some extra life with the Larry King call and the neighbor, but eventually new updates are going to stop. And the press can try their best to keep it front page news, but eventually the public stops caring.

Now, if more women come out and accuse Biden, then he'll be in trouble. But as of now, a single accusation from 27 years ago is not enough to seriously damage his campaign.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1057 on: April 29, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »

Also, if I could make a point. I've seen multiple people on social media discuss how this story is going to lead to Biden's senate document archive getting released somehow. Lets go over how that is unlikely.

The Freedom of Information Act, the thing used to uncover sensitive documents from the United States government, does not cover the Legislative Branch. So, someone cant sue for Biden's archives to be opened in order to find any complaints filed against Biden.

The vast majority of Biden's archive is still in its original, physical format. That means most of the documents are sitting in locked backroom somewhere. So, the only way this is leaking is if someone goes back there and steals heavy boxes with years worth of files in them.

And after 2016, even if Biden was 100% innocent, why in God's name would he let the media have a free for all with 30 years worth of potentially embarrassing stuff.

Yeah, I have seen some dumb progressives writers suggest he should do that and such a dumb idea. Even if Biden is innocent, he still opens the door for embarrassing (yet mundane....) stuff coming out. It would be just like Clinton's email and which bad faith actors weaponized the material that came out.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1058 on: April 29, 2020, 12:11:17 PM »

Instead of letting this drip drip drip until election day, the Biden camp should do oppo research and drop the bomb on her.

Stop
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #1059 on: April 29, 2020, 12:12:23 PM »

Exactly.

This is NOT the solution to this problem.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1060 on: April 29, 2020, 12:14:30 PM »

Exactly.

This is NOT the solution to this problem.

So are you saying that you would rather have drip drip drip until election day?
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1061 on: April 29, 2020, 12:16:24 PM »

We should've known the media was going to pick this up even with the dubious claims. They need this to be 50/50 race because there is no money to be made in a race were people already know the outcome.

So Tara is here to stay because they need something to bring him down to Trump's level. Even if means discrediting and preventing woman who actually been sexually assaulted to come out.

The Democrats need to come out against her and not let this become another emails situation because if there is one thing both wings of the party are tired of is trying to uphold this level of morality and dignity in which American people don't care about and we ourselves can not maintain.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1062 on: April 29, 2020, 12:18:10 PM »

We should've known the media was going to pick this up even with the dubious claims. They need this to be 50/50 race because there is no money to be made in a race were people already know the outcome.

So Tara is here to stay because they need something to bring him down to Trump's level. Even if means discrediting and preventing woman who actually been sexually assaulted to come out.

The Democrats need to come out against her and not let this become another emails situation because if there is one thing both wings of the party are tired of is trying to uphold this level of morality and dignity in which American people don't care about and we ourselves can not maintain.

That's what I am saying.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1063 on: April 29, 2020, 12:21:43 PM »

Exactly.

No, this is not the answer. It's April for gods sake. As long as Joe doesn't get accused by more women, he'll be fine. Going nuclear can only do two things, making Reade a martyr and giving the story more oxygen.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1064 on: April 29, 2020, 12:28:14 PM »

Exactly.

No, this is not the answer. It's April for gods sake. As long as Joe doesn't get accused by more women, he'll be fine. Going nuclear can only do two things, making Reade a martyr and giving the story more oxygen.
And last year she says Biden only touched her shoulders. For all we know in October she could be saying Biden forcefully raped her, fired her, and threaten to have her murdered.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1065 on: April 29, 2020, 12:30:39 PM »

Exactly.

Let's just ignore it and hope that it goes away.

That's your plan?

Yes.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1066 on: April 29, 2020, 12:42:02 PM »

It's a delicate situation, because any argument that Biden uses to defend himself forever becomes "fair game" to any discredit any future victim.

Using his schedule to show the timing is impossible should be ok. Sworn statements from people on his staff and personnel office employees that Reade never reported this should be ok. Pointing out minor inconsistencies that victims really do have in other cases is not the right path.

It sucks, because we can't let a falsehood (or lie, but who knows if Reade honestly believes it or not) ruin a man's 50-year career, but we also can't give right wingers the cover to never believe a future victim ever again. The defense will have to be very carefully written and delivered, and he will need female supporters with strong feminist credentials threading that needle very carefully. Just an all-around sh**tty situation.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1067 on: April 29, 2020, 12:47:23 PM »

I don't have clear evidence about that, let alone proof, but is there a chance she's paid by the Russians for these allegations which appear not have much substance? Otherwise, why would someone wait that long, even during the vice presidency, and stay quiet? There must be something more behind it if you ask me.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1068 on: April 29, 2020, 12:58:26 PM »

I don't have clear evidence about that, let alone proof, but is there a chance she's paid by the Russians for these allegations which appear not have much substance? Otherwise, why would someone wait that long, even during the vice presidency, and stay quiet? There must be something more behind it if you ask me.

Possibly. Also in the immediate Kavanaugh aftermath, Republican social media stars promised to start paying women to accuse Democrats, so maybe we're seeing that in action.

However, I think the most likely scenario is that she's just an unstable, crazy person who thought she was going to become rich and famous last year when she joined others in accusing Biden of unwanted but non-sexual overtouching, but after that went nowhere she decided to rev it up and try again. It has probably worked.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1069 on: April 29, 2020, 01:09:38 PM »

Boobs
HCP
« Reply #1070 on: April 29, 2020, 01:28:51 PM »

Tara Reade and co. are doing a fine enough job destroying her reputation on their own.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1071 on: April 29, 2020, 01:53:23 PM »

Please keep it calm in here.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1072 on: April 29, 2020, 02:16:24 PM »

I have a question, how didn't these accusations come to light when he was being vetted for VP in 2008? Like it seems really strange we didn't hear anything about them until now.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1073 on: April 29, 2020, 02:18:19 PM »

I have a question, how didn't these accusations come to light when he was being vetted for VP in 2008? Like it seems really strange we didn't hear anything about them until now.

...because Reade was still praising Biden back then
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1074 on: April 29, 2020, 02:20:40 PM »

If I were an advisor to Biden, I'd probably want him to say something like: "My actions in the past might have made certain women uncomfortable, and for that I apologize. The #MeToo movement has empowered many brave women to come forward and share their stories. As president, I will champion the rights of women as I have done in the past." I don't think that it's a good idea for him to directly address it, as it gives it oxygen and he shouldn't risk being seen as attacking Reade.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies