Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:52:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148183 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: May 02, 2020, 06:16:25 AM »

roxas11
United States

« Reply #1551 on: May 02, 2020, 06:23:37 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2020, 06:36:33 AM by roxas11 »

yet had Tara filed the complained as she claimed than would should have to get it from there in the first place

why cant she simply request of copy of the complained that she said she gave to the senate. The GOP has the control and would be more than happy to help her get a copy.

The complaint is not Biden property nor does he own it

IT IS HER COMPLAINT THAT SHE GAVE TO THE SENTNE AND SHE SHOULD HAVE EXCESS TO IT

The idea that she cant get a copy of her own Property from the senate  is ridiculous and shows just how nonsensical her story is

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1552 on: May 02, 2020, 06:29:36 AM »

If these revelations get too bad, the convention haven't started ter, and Bullock already is running for Senate, and cant drop out, dump Biden and bring back the people's choice Bernie. That's what Dems wanted anyway before the Dems hijacked the nomination process.

This isnt the only accuser that accused Biden, he has a pattern of misbehavior
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1553 on: May 02, 2020, 07:18:00 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2020, 07:25:58 AM by roxas11 »

If these revelations get too bad, the convention haven't started ter, and Bullock already is running for Senate, and cant drop out, dump Biden and bring back the people's choice Bernie. That's what Dems wanted anyway before the Dems hijacked the nomination process.

So let me get this straight

So Berine Bros and the politically correct left will let a ReElected trump kill Roe v wade simply because they let the Daily caller, fox news, and Tara convinced them that Biden Hurt woman lol

So future generation of woman will no longer have their reproductive rights simply because Bernie Bros went out of their way to help hurt the Dem nominee

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1554 on: May 02, 2020, 07:26:41 AM »

So let me get this straight

So Berine Bros and the politically correct left will let a ReElected trump kill Roe v wade simply because they let the Daily caller, fox news, and Tara convinced them that Biden Hurt woman lol

So future generation of woman will no longer have their reproductive rights simply because Bernie Bros went out of their way to help "Me Too" the Dem nominee

Of course the Dems arent gonna do this, due to the Establishment like James Carville cant stand BERNIE, it's an option and Hunter Biden revelation in Aug, by Rob Johnson is coming out in Aug, Rs arent gonna give a free pass to Biden getting the Prez
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1555 on: May 02, 2020, 07:42:26 AM »

You need to read Biden's letter more closely. It acknowledges that Reade's records are with the Senate and not in the archives.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #1556 on: May 02, 2020, 07:57:00 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2020, 08:00:25 AM by SirWoodbury »

Search for Tara Reade complaint threatens to backfire on Biden:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/02/joe-biden-tara-reade-complaint-229838

By Politico

The former VP’s refusal to open his archived Senate records could cause serious headaches for his campaign.
Now there’s a focus on his refusal to commit to opening up his archived papers at the University of Delaware — a trove of documents that critics suspect might house Reade’s complaint. Rather than set the record straight Friday in his first remarks on the subject, Biden might have inadvertently opened a new line of attack on his campaign this fall and provided President Trump — who has famously refused to release his own tax records and has been accused of sexual assault multiple times — with a measure of cover.
Trump’s campaign promptly accused Biden of concealing the truth.

“The most transparent thing Joe Biden did this morning was admit that he is hiding documents so they can't be used against him,” said Emma Vaughn, Florida press secretary for the Republican National Committee, in a statement.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1557 on: May 02, 2020, 08:04:23 AM »

Search for Tara Reade complaint threatens to backfire on Biden:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/02/joe-biden-tara-reade-complaint-229838

By Politico

The former VP’s refusal to open his archived Senate records could cause serious headaches for his campaign.
Now there’s a focus on his refusal to commit to opening up his archived papers at the University of Delaware — a trove of documents that critics suspect might house Reade’s complaint. Rather than set the record straight Friday in his first remarks on the subject, Biden might have inadvertently opened a new line of attack on his campaign this fall and provided President Trump — who has famously refused to release his own tax records and has been accused of sexual assault multiple times — with a measure of cover.
Trump’s campaign promptly accused Biden of concealing the truth.

“The most transparent thing Joe Biden did this morning was admit that he is hiding documents so they can't be used against him,” said Emma Vaughn, Florida press secretary for the Republican National Committee, in a statement.

I see you left out the best part:

A Biden ally and former senator from Florida, Bill Nelson, said office personnel files aren’t turned over to universities because they don’t want them in the first place.

“Universities want the speeches, the position papers, the policy, the meetings, the notes. They don’t want personnel stuff and it’s usually not supposed to go to them anyway because of privacy issues that are protected under law,” said Nelson, who’s turning over his historical records to the University of Florida from his 18 years in the Senate.

Nelson said the criticism from Trump’s campaign of Biden about transparency and harassment are rich, considering the president’s refusal to release his tax records and the accusations of more than 20 women who say Trump has sexually harassed them in separate incidents.

“It’s not only taxes he hasn’t released, it’s all the harassment from Trump,” the former Florida senator said.

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1558 on: May 02, 2020, 08:31:52 AM »

You need to read Biden's letter more closely. It acknowledges that Reade's records are with the Senate and not in the archives.

What??

2nd para in Biden’s letter:

“the Senate stores records from this office, and from this period, in the National Archives”

The whole point of him writing the letter was to request the release of the records that are under seal for the next 50 years. Meanwhile, your guy has 20+ allegations of rape, harassment, and assault and won't submit a DNA sample. So how about you step TF back?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1559 on: May 02, 2020, 08:33:22 AM »

What??

2nd para in Biden’s letter:

“the Senate stores records from this office, and from this period, in the National Archives”

Has Trump submitted his DNA so that they can compare to the specimen left on EJ Carroll's dress?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1560 on: May 02, 2020, 08:44:29 AM »

There are no damn Tara Reade records in those files because personnel files are not in the personal papers of Senators. The personal papers are related to legislation and policy.

Second, Reade admitted that her new story was not in her complaint, so whatever you all are hoping to find is not there.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1561 on: May 02, 2020, 09:14:01 AM »

I Do wonder if any of this will actually matter by the time we get to November 2020

I mean yeah this week we are all talking about it and Tara Reade going to do a few interviews

but after that on Friday we are about to get hit with a what will Most likely be A horrific jobs report and unless more comes out about this I feel like the deepening recession will start to dominate the media coverage as the economy starts looking worse.     

6 months is long time in politics and tara may have made a huge mistake by doing this now instead of waiting to at least October since that gives Biden more than enough time to recover and the public will simply get burned out on the story.  maybe something new can keep it going a little longer but ultimately I think most people will start to move on and focus on other things
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1562 on: May 02, 2020, 09:14:20 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1563 on: May 02, 2020, 09:41:35 AM »

Cringeworthy.

I'm struggling immensely with the "believe all women" principle. I really don't know what it's like to have someone rape me. I really don't know what it's like to face the threat of others smearing me or gaslighting me for speaking up. I really don't know what it's like to even begin to speak this kind of truth. I want to be able to believe because it's pretty obvious society hasn't taken these kinds of issues seriously enough, but... it's tough. I see sh-t like this from the neighbour and almost roll my eyes.  

For sure, we owe it to women to hear these stories, treat all accusers with respect, and take allegations seriously. But "believe all women" just isn't compatible with reality. All claims of sexual assault need to at least go through some process of scrutiny don't they? I'm just not sure how we balance everything. And I hate it. I hate that I have to be in a position where I'm made to pass judgment on Tara Reade (which is why I usually just shut up about stuff like this). But from my perspective, it's... challenging to believe her. It could very well be because I just don't want to. There it is.

So why is it unreasonable for someone to take your position on Dr. Blasey Ford that you take on Tara Reade?  There is no more evidence to support Dr. Blasey Ford than there is to support Tara Reade.  And there's really no less, either.  They're about at the same level of evidence on behalf of their allegations.

Because Ford's account of the story was detailed, not flimsy, credible, and didn't change over time? Reade's story has changed multiple times. Not to mention, Reade's history with the Putin posts, the tweets - Blasey Ford never had any motive against Kav as far as we could tell - yet Reade has been posting up a storm about "tic toc" #Bernie2020 amongst other crazy things. Blasey Ford never rushed to do TV interviews, Reade is. Blasey Ford, the minute she saw Kav in the public spotlight, sent the letter to her congresswoman. Reade publicly applauded Biden numerous times while he was in the public spotlight and then changed her story, and then changed her story again. You know the details of these are completely different.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1564 on: May 02, 2020, 09:46:33 AM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1565 on: May 02, 2020, 09:54:22 AM »

This is the kind of thing that will get people to tweet "Joe Biden saying the right things" but in a broader sense, Biden is wrong.  The burden of proof is on the accuser.  Biden shouldn't have to prove his innocence when there's been zero proof of his guilty.

Tara Reade has constructed this allegation to make it virtually impossible for Biden to prove his innocence.  No matter where he searches for the non-existent complaint, Reade will just say he's hiding it somewhere else, or that he destroyed it.  Reade is allowed to change her story at will to conform to new information, and people will just excuse it with "rape victims sometimes change their stories."  The lack of specifics means Biden can't demonstrate his innocence via any traditional legal route (such as hard document proving the impossibility of the assault).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1566 on: May 02, 2020, 10:03:33 AM »

That is the problem - even if Biden did open up his UoD documents, if they didn't find anything, there would still be a massive witch hunt saying it must be somewhere else and "oh it's over *there*"
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1567 on: May 02, 2020, 10:05:57 AM »

#NeverForgetTrumpsAcussers
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1568 on: May 02, 2020, 10:08:08 AM »

Cringeworthy.

I'm struggling immensely with the "believe all women" principle. I really don't know what it's like to have someone rape me. I really don't know what it's like to face the threat of others smearing me or gaslighting me for speaking up. I really don't know what it's like to even begin to speak this kind of truth. I want to be able to believe because it's pretty obvious society hasn't taken these kinds of issues seriously enough, but... it's tough. I see sh-t like this from the neighbour and almost roll my eyes.  

For sure, we owe it to women to hear these stories, treat all accusers with respect, and take allegations seriously. But "believe all women" just isn't compatible with reality. All claims of sexual assault need to at least go through some process of scrutiny don't they? I'm just not sure how we balance everything. And I hate it. I hate that I have to be in a position where I'm made to pass judgment on Tara Reade (which is why I usually just shut up about stuff like this). But from my perspective, it's... challenging to believe her. It could very well be because I just don't want to. There it is.

So why is it unreasonable for someone to take your position on Dr. Blasey Ford that you take on Tara Reade?  There is no more evidence to support Dr. Blasey Ford than there is to support Tara Reade.  And there's really no less, either.  They're about at the same level of evidence on behalf of their allegations.

Because Ford's account of the story was detailed, not flimsy, credible, and didn't change over time? Reade's story has changed multiple times. Not to mention, Reade's history with the Putin posts, the tweets - Blasey Ford never had any motive against Kav as far as we could tell - yet Reade has been posting up a storm about "tic toc" #Bernie2020 amongst other crazy things. Blasey Ford never rushed to do TV interviews, Reade is. Blasey Ford, the minute she saw Kav in the public spotlight, sent the letter to her congresswoman. Reade publicly applauded Biden numerous times while he was in the public spotlight and then changed her story, and then changed her story again. You know the details of these are completely different.

The highlighted segments are opinions, subjective, and not facts.

Sexual trauma affects different victims in different ways.  That IS a demonstrated fact.  

That's not to say that I believe one and not the other, or disbelieve one and not the other.  Neither Biden nor Kavanaugh would get hired for any number of jobs requiring in-depth backgrounds and security clearances if the background investigators looked into Blasey Ford and Reade's respective allegations.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1569 on: May 02, 2020, 10:10:10 AM »

Cringeworthy.

Sexual trauma affects different victims in different ways.  That IS a demonstrated fact.  

That's not to say that I believe one and not the other, or disbelieve one and not the other.  Neither Biden nor Kavanaugh would get hired for any number of jobs requiring in-depth backgrounds and security clearances if the background investigators looked into Blasey Ford and Reade's respective allegations.
Are you trolling right now? Obama's vetting team for VP was perhaps the most rigorous in the history of VP vetting teams!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1570 on: May 02, 2020, 10:15:38 AM »

The idea that I get is that the real reason that some people want the records from the University Delaware released is so they can look at policy positions and speeches that Biden has made in the past, similar to how progressives wanted transcripts from Clinton's paid speeches. But those who are demanding that the records be released seem to be under the impression that these are PDFs that can just be uploaded when in reality these documents are physical ones that are being curated.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1571 on: May 02, 2020, 10:22:18 AM »

Cringeworthy.

Ford never changed her story and those who corroborated her story were not coached by bogus journalists, so it is a fact that her story is nowhere near as inconsistent as Reade's.

And let's compare the responses. Biden was calm and asked that the record of the complaint be released. Kavanaugh went from crying to making angry threats to rule on cases based on retribution. The inconsistencies and Biden's response are two reasons why you cannot seriously compare the two situations.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1572 on: May 02, 2020, 11:07:23 AM »

This is, quite literally, the fourth variation of her explanation as to how the complaint was filed

Anyone who is saying this is anything like Blasey Ford is just trolling tbh
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1573 on: May 02, 2020, 11:17:43 AM »

This is, quite literally, the fourth variation of her explanation as to how the complaint was filed

I'm not entirely sure what Reade is implying here. That her complaint is in Biden's archives? Or that there's a paper giving Biden a heads up about her complaint?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1574 on: May 02, 2020, 11:21:00 AM »

I'm not entirely sure what Reade is implying here. That her complaint is in Biden's archives? Or that there's a paper giving Biden a heads up about her complaint?
LOL she just wants to make it so Biden has to open up his UD files
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies