Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:28:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 150041 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: May 01, 2020, 06:50:44 AM »

Morning Joe basically saying that Biden is a hypocrite for saying in 2018 that Blasey Ford should be listened to and given the benefit of the doubt (again, not adding that these two situations are not the same), and then they had some other woman on there saying that Biden should not only up his documents in the national archive for Tara Reade, but essentially open up his documents to ANY complains in EVERY archive that he has of documents.

Again, this is basically a trick, so that the media can get unfiltered access to every document that exists on Biden. Which - I'm all for transparency - but after the WikiLeaks and emails mess of 2016 - I do not trust the press to handle a situation like that credibly without it being a total witch hunt for information, just like the drip drip of emails in 2016 with "new info" coming out all the time.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1301 on: May 01, 2020, 06:55:35 AM »

So at least Biden or his team have been reading GeneralMacArthur’s posts
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1302 on: May 01, 2020, 07:18:33 AM »

Morning Joe basically saying that Biden is a hypocrite for saying in 2018 that Blasey Ford should be listened to and given the benefit of the doubt (again, not adding that these two situations are not the same), and then they had some other woman on there saying that Biden should not only up his documents in the national archive for Tara Reade, but essentially open up his documents to ANY complains in EVERY archive that he has of documents.

Again, this is basically a trick, so that the media can get unfiltered access to every document that exists on Biden. Which - I'm all for transparency - but after the WikiLeaks and emails mess of 2016 - I do not trust the press to handle a situation like that credibly without it being a total witch hunt for information, just like the drip drip of emails in 2016 with "new info" coming out all the time.

what silly comparison

Tara Reade is no Blasey Ford and as of today Biden is making very clear that he is much open about have people look into him than Kavanaugh ever was

Kavanaugh Outright refused to support a FBI investigation that would help clear his name at his hearing. to this day I still have no idea why a man who claimed who was innocent kept refusing to have the FBI look into and clear his name

Biden is the other hand has just requested that the Secretary of the Senate ask the Archives to identify any record of the complaint she alleges she filed and make available to the press any such document. Biden have been also supported News organizations doing their own independent investigations into the matter.

unlike ford who had people Threatening her and telling her not to show tot testify
Biden has done nothing to stop Tara Reade from coming forward at all  

ever since 2019 when she first started  telling her story Biden has not tried to stop her form doing so at all

that is very different form how trump and even Bill Clinton handled it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1303 on: May 01, 2020, 07:20:17 AM »

The Morning Joe interview went as well as it could have, I guess. A real no-win scenario for Biden, but at least a vehement denial is out there.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1304 on: May 01, 2020, 07:22:16 AM »

Nobody is switching their vote because of this.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1305 on: May 01, 2020, 07:25:28 AM »

Tough interview but he got in the vehement denials.
I can’t see this right now swaying any votes
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1306 on: May 01, 2020, 07:27:58 AM »

Yeah, Joe slipped up a bit and it was somewhat awkward, but I believed his denial and it was very clear that he was confused as to why she was accusing him of this.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1307 on: May 01, 2020, 07:31:09 AM »

The Media is really going to try to make the UD the new emails.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1308 on: May 01, 2020, 07:31:43 AM »

It made me believe him even more.

Mika started asking the same question over and over again and nit picking. I’m wondering why she didn’t have this energy when she was trying to crawl up Trump’s ass at Mar-a-Lago on NYE 2016 after his election.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1309 on: May 01, 2020, 07:34:45 AM »

It made me believe him even more.

Mika started asking the same question over and over again and nit picking. I’m wondering why she didn’t have this energy when she was trying to crawl up Trump’s ass at Mar-a-Lago on NYE 2016 after his election.

This, honestly.  Biden hit it out of the park despite some occasional awkwardness.  It wouldn’t surprise me if this ends up being like his campaign’s version of the Jeremiah Wright thing in 2008.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1310 on: May 01, 2020, 08:02:37 AM »

Biden knocked it out of the park today
not with his word or even with denials that many wont believe anyway but with his actions

As I said yesterday had all Biden did was come out and give a nice speech he would be in big trouble  
Biden words mean nothing and he was wise to realize that he needs to have way more than that in order to show Tara Reade for the untrustworthy person that she really is

thankfully Biden made hands down one of the smartest moves of his political career and called Tara Reade bluff by requesting the Secretary of the Senate to ask the National Archives to identify & release to the press any complaints filed by Tara Reade

This Is a very big deal and the the key takeaway from this interview.

Because Tara specifically said that she filed a complaint in the Senate against Biden 1993
If that complaint is not Found Tara Reade and Her supporters will have some explaining to do

she Boxed herself into corner by claiming she filed a complaint in the Senate and If nothing is found
she has done Damage to not only herself but to many in the me too movement who blindly backed her in her first place. people may not buy Biden denials but they defiantly will buy that Tara has been caught in a huge lie if her complaint does not materialize a few days from now lol

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1311 on: May 01, 2020, 08:05:34 AM »

The Media is really going to try to make the UD the new emails.

Yep. I understand wanting to be transparent, but at the same time, if no personnel files would be at UOD, then there's no need. It sounds like the media just wants a fishing expedition and now it's going to be "well what are you hiding? we can't trust you"

Dana Bash was on CNN, no kidding afterwards saying that he's going to have to do more interviews about this bc apparently this one wasn't good enough bc it was on "home turf". How many interviews can you say the same thing?

Meanwhile, wait for it, Tara Reade's first TV interview will be on.... Fox News this Sunday. You can't make this up.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1312 on: May 01, 2020, 08:06:11 AM »

Also... so what's going to happen when/if there is no trace of the Reade document in the Senate archive?

I'm sure it won't be enough though, with the media saying well he didn't search the UOD records so...
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1313 on: May 01, 2020, 08:10:49 AM »

Reade clearly has a bone to pick. Now she is asking why the entirety of his UOD records are being sealed. She's going all out to destroy him, yet given the same credibility as Christine Blasey Ford, who I don't think said a negative word about Kavanaugh outside of telling her story in the hearings during the whole incident.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tara-reade-calls-on-biden-release-senate-records
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1314 on: May 01, 2020, 08:21:03 AM »

Personally, as a voter, I am happy that Biden has decided to address the issue. I didn't feel it was appropriate to remain silent and it was clear that this was not going to go away without him speaking on it. I thought he was pretty believable in the interview with Mika. She was very tough and he clearly explained how he views these issues should be approached and emphatically denied the situation and seemed genuinely confused about the allegations.

All of that said, I think it is absolutely disgraceful that the right wing media and some right wing officials are running with this. They are defending a man that has a long history of documented abuse against women, has a dozen or so accusers himself, and bragged about using his position of power to take advantage of women on camera. Democrats won't go nuclear on that (inviting his accusers to debates, etc) because they actually care about this issue. Sometimes it hurts to have more shame and respect.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1315 on: May 01, 2020, 08:22:27 AM »

I also think it's problematic how Mika kept trying to bring up Kav and how it's hypocritical. Biden said in the 2018 piece that women SHOULD be believed, and then we should look into the claims. That's what he said today too. And he's right.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1316 on: May 01, 2020, 08:28:39 AM »

The statue of limitations is over on this, Biden has been dogged for sexual assault since he let Clarence Thomas off the hook in the Anita Hill controversy.  Obviously,  he assaulted her, but its 27 yrs too late
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1317 on: May 01, 2020, 08:30:06 AM »

Ehh, good enough.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1318 on: May 01, 2020, 08:35:41 AM »

Does anyone have information or evidence that shows that this complaint would only be in the National Archives and not at the UoD? Or anything that contradicts that? I don’t want to just take people at their word even though I don’t believe the allegations
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1319 on: May 01, 2020, 08:37:11 AM »

Also... so what's going to happen when/if there is no trace of the Reade document in the Senate archive?

I'm sure it won't be enough though, with the media saying well he didn't search the UOD records so...

Tara Reade will seen seen as liar to many for claiming to filed a complaint to the senate in 1993.
her own words hurt her by making that complaint in the first place

this whole "lets now go after UOD records now that I been proved to have lied the first time" is simply not going to cut it for her or the media hoping to keep this going.

If that compliant doesn't not exist for many that will be the end of this story because as far as they concerned if it was real it should have been there and on the Dem side if those Paper are not found they will simply declare victory simply move on.

that will dominant the News cycle and she will most likely be asked about it in her fox new interview
as I said before she made a huge mistake by focusing at first on that 1993 senate complaint and a pivot to now to caring about UOD records will not save her if the 1993 senate complain are not found.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1320 on: May 01, 2020, 08:41:46 AM »

What does this tweet mean? I know some people who say that this is her changing her story again and that she previously said she had filed a complaint about assault specifically, but isn't this what she always said? Did I miss her saying she had filed a complaint about assault? Someone please explain, I'm rather confused.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1321 on: May 01, 2020, 08:44:55 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2020, 08:48:22 AM by 2,868,691 »

What does this tweet mean? I know some people who say that this is her changing her story again and that she previously said she had filed a complaint about assault specifically, but isn't this what she always said? Did I miss her saying she had filed a complaint about assault? Someone please explain, I'm rather confused.

She has said that she explicitly mentioned rape in the complaint. Of course she hasn't been consistent about lots of things, even in April 2020, telling WP she told Biden staffers about rape, and telling NYT that she didn't. So who knows.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1322 on: May 01, 2020, 08:45:41 AM »

Perfect statement from Biden.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1323 on: May 01, 2020, 08:57:28 AM »

"Why won't Biden release his personal senate records" is the new "why won't Hillary just release all her emails" except dumber.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1324 on: May 01, 2020, 08:58:55 AM »

She has said that she explicitly mentioned rape in the complaint. Of course she hasn't been consistent about lots of things, even in April 2020, telling WP she told Biden staffers about rape, and telling NYT that she didn't. So who knows.
Where did she say that it mentioned the assault?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies