Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:47:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148217 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: May 01, 2020, 10:43:05 AM »

Left speechless?

If you actually watched the interview, he answered that question all what?  Six[?] different times it was asked.  Not that you care whether any of this is true.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1351 on: May 01, 2020, 10:45:31 AM »

Left speechless?

If you actually watched the interview, he answered that question all what?  Six different times it was asked?  Not that you care whether any of this is true.

Don't expect the Gravel Teens or Redban to be fair about this.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1352 on: May 01, 2020, 10:56:18 AM »

Reade has multiple contemporaneous witnesses, ranging from interns verifying that she was suddenly removed from her position at the time to her neighbour verifying her claim of sexual harassment back in 1995. Even without senate records verifying the claim she already has far more evidence than CBF or that wacky lady who said 'rape is sexy' did.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if someone had lost the original filing in the decades since, which would explain why Biden is putting such an emphasis on them.

I think it’s quite possible that Biden acted in a harassing way toward Reade based on the way he behaves toward women, and that it led to her leaving and the corroboration we have seen. I think her more specific and graphic claims are a higher bar I don’t see cleared.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1353 on: May 01, 2020, 10:56:20 AM »

Left speechless?

Really, the grifter teens working off the back of an old quack, that's all you got?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1354 on: May 01, 2020, 10:56:25 AM »

redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1355 on: May 01, 2020, 10:58:28 AM »

I believe Tara Reade. Democrats should launch a concerted effort to oust Biden from the ticket before it's too late.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1356 on: May 01, 2020, 10:59:49 AM »

It’s funny how the neighbor didn’t remember the story until Tara called her to remind her? You forgot all this time? The man who raped your friend running on the ticket with the first Black POTUS didn’t trigger anything? Oh ok....

The lies are almost comical at this point if we weren’t facing down the barrel of another Trump term.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1357 on: May 01, 2020, 11:00:35 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2020, 04:17:11 PM by Make PA Blue Again! »

I believe Tara Reade. Democrats should launch a concerted effort to oust Biden from the ticket before it's too late.

You believe her because you dislike the innocent man she’s accusing.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1358 on: May 01, 2020, 11:01:03 AM »

I believe Tara Reade. I am butthurt that Bernie Sanders lost the primary. Democrats should launch a concerted effort to oust Biden from the ticket before it's too late.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1359 on: May 01, 2020, 11:03:13 AM »

It’s funny how the neighbor didn’t remember the story until Tara called her to remind her? You forgot all this time? The man who raped your friend running on the ticket with the first Black POTUS didn’t trigger anything? Oh ok....

The lies are almost comical at this point if we weren’t facing down the barrel of another Trump term.

You're putting effort into smearing and attacking a survivor of sexual assault for a man who is on camera being creepy to hundreds of women. Just remember that. Tara is telling the truth, and those smearing her will have to live with the fact that they attack survivors when it's not politically convenient for them.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1360 on: May 01, 2020, 11:03:21 AM »

Reade has multiple contemporaneous witnesses, ranging from interns verifying that she was suddenly removed from her position at the time to her neighbour verifying her claim of sexual harassment back in 1995. Even without senate records verifying the claim she already has far more evidence than CBF or that wacky lady who said 'rape is sexy' did.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if someone had lost the original filing in the decades since, which would explain why Biden is putting such an emphasis on them.

Reade being removed from her position doesn't prove anything, and the neighbor back in 1995 was recently "refreshed" by Reade of the details of the story. Biden is not the one putting emphasis on the records, Reade was. Since that was the only paper trail of her alleged complaint.

Biden literally only addressed the records, and even then refused to open those held by the University of Delaware.

Also I'll just point out that all the "refreshing" in the world wasn't sufficient to get Blasey Ford's friends to place her at Kavanaugh's party despite nearly every major news outlet chomping at the bit for them to do so. You'll have to forgive me if I'm just a little bit skeptical that Reade was able to transform her Biden supporting neighbour's memory from "uncomfortable touching" to "violent sexual assault".

Also, Biden denied doing anything. So if your story is that the initial claims were true then Biden is still engaging in blatant lies to cover his ass. If he's completely innocent then the fact that the witnesses were informed back in the 90s is far more relevant than the specific claims made.

Reade has backtracked and said that she didn't mention sexual assault in her complaint. With her admitting that it's pretty clear that there is nothing in that report that support her refreshed story.
BlueGrassKentuckian
Rookie

« Reply #1361 on: May 01, 2020, 11:04:41 AM »

He denied it, he slipped up on the Delaware records question. Twice he said 600,000 people died of Coronavirus in the U.S. Seems like he’s pretty ignorant about the situation. Can’t be a slip up twice?
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #1362 on: May 01, 2020, 11:06:00 AM »

I knew Biden would be hit by allegations like this. You'd have to be blind not to have seen it coming a mile off. And honestly - I was ready to believe it. Biden comes across as an out-of-touch creep, right? It's not unbelievable. But this? This is what they're hitting him with? Sorry, no. That this thread is at 56 pages and counting, and there's no active equivalent for Trump's (more credible, more numerous) allegations is, honestly, depressing and blood-boiling
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #1363 on: May 01, 2020, 11:09:34 AM »

Is there anyway we can still win with both the left and right holding this above our heads constantly?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1364 on: May 01, 2020, 11:11:29 AM »

You're putting effort into smearing and attacking a survivor of sexual assault for a man who is on camera being creepy to hundreds of women. Just remember that. Tara is telling the truth, and those smearing her will have to live with the fact that they attack survivors when it's not politically convenient for them.

No one can say for sure if she has ever been sexually assaulted, but judging from her inconsistent story and her admission that she didn't mention sexual assault in her complaint it's clear that she's lying about Biden assaulting her.

The passage from her father's book is telling considering that it is labeled a memoir. It's possible that her father did this to her (and put it in his book) and she is transferring the story onto Biden. She did claim that her father abused her. That is just speculation of course.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #1365 on: May 01, 2020, 11:12:40 AM »

Kinda complicates the VP choice now....
cris01us
Rookie

« Reply #1366 on: May 01, 2020, 11:13:21 AM »

I knew Biden would be hit by allegations like this. You'd have to be blind not to have seen it coming a mile off. And honestly - I was ready to believe it. Biden comes across as an out-of-touch creep, right? It's not unbelievable. But this? This is what they're hitting him with? Sorry, no. That this thread is at 56 pages and counting, and there's no active equivalent for Trump's (more credible, more numerous) allegations is, honestly, depressing and blood-boiling

You have a valid and very understandable point.  I think it's due to expectations.  Everyone knew Trump was a "playboy" and had sexual misconduct issues, and they knew this with a given amount of clarity, and they knew this before they pulled the lever in November 2016.   Move over to Biden, and people sort of think he might be creepy (write it off as old or out of touch) but they always have held him to a higher standard.  He always tried to project the image of "traditional family man", or "average Joe" as he says (Trump never did). At the end of the day Joe Schmo public holds a higher standard and regard for Biden, so when Biden falls short of that it has a greater effect.  When Trump falls short, people are more "Meh, to be expected".  It doesn't mean any of it is right, it's just the standards in place I think.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1367 on: May 01, 2020, 11:16:53 AM »

You are a fine example of why people hate Bernie Bros.

I supported Biden in the primary, but had Bernie won, I would have supported him.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1368 on: May 01, 2020, 11:16:55 AM »

This is why the media needs to stop covering this nonsense. Any time we talk about stuff like that which doesn't hold up to any fact checking, we don't talk about the pressuring issues of the day. What's the strategy against the pandemic? How can further pandemics be prevented? How can healthcare be expanded? How is the energy system being transformed? What's being done for criminal justice? How will immigration be fixed? What about restoring relations with allies? How to stop Putin from election interference?

The media needs to cover these issues and show the contrast to Trump and not giving a story attention it doesn't deserve. If the facts change and serious proof comes out/gets revealed, we can talk. But I seriously doubt that. Uncle Joe may be touchy, but he isn't an assaulter.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1369 on: May 01, 2020, 11:29:18 AM »

If my friend told me somebody raped them I wouldn't forget until she conveniently called me to remind me (plant false memories). Especially if the rapist was a heartbeat away from the presidency for eight years. But go off.

Trump admitted to sexual assault on tape. Trump had 20 something accusers, many of which asked him to be deposed, EJ Carroll has asked him to submit DNA to compare to the DNA on her dress from her rape in the 90's. Biden has never said anything like "grab them by the pussy" on tape and his one accuser has been grasping at straws, calling people up before they "corroborate" her story (which has changed several times), and tweeting "timing.... tic toc" in response to a tweet about Biden and Sanders. It's a bunch of BS.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1370 on: May 01, 2020, 11:35:10 AM »

I’m not a concern troll, I support Biden and want to see him defeat Trump, and I’m terrified this will be enough to hand Trump a second term!

Then maybe you should think about the way you post.  You're sure coming across as a concern troll.

If not this incident, the right-wing media would certainly have found something else to trump up (ahem) and flog Biden with.  They'll probably find other "something else"s anyway.  From what I've read, and I've tried to stay abreast of this, Reade's accusation doesn't seem credible enough to gain much traction among average voters.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1371 on: May 01, 2020, 11:40:30 AM »

Tara Reade is coming on CNN this weekend!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1372 on: May 01, 2020, 11:46:01 AM »

Tara Reade is coming on CNN this weekend!

They're giving her far more legitimacy with that. Now anyone can accuse anybody of anything, with tons of inconsistencies, and still get on cable news because of their ratings?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1373 on: May 01, 2020, 11:56:41 AM »

Coronavirus is old news now. There's nothing to talk about because the world has stopped. Expect this story to consume CNN, because that's what they do.

Trump calls them fake news, but the way CNN sensationalizes absolutely everything is a huge help to him. CNN is not unique in doing this, but I do think they're one of the worst for it.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1374 on: May 01, 2020, 11:57:31 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2020, 12:10:08 PM by Senator YE »

I’m not a concern troll, I support Biden and want to see him defeat Trump, and I’m terrified this will be enough to hand Trump a second term!

Then maybe you should think about the way you post.  You're sure coming across as a concern troll.

If not this incident, the right-wing media would certainly have found something else to trump up (ahem) and flog Biden with.  They'll probably find other "something else"s anyway.  From what I've read, and I've tried to stay abreast of this, Reade's accusation doesn't seem credible enough to gain much traction among average voters.

I’ve muted the poster in question from the thread for five days since this is his second sanction.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies