Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 04:28:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 149243 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: May 01, 2020, 11:57:44 AM »

Tara Reade is coming on CNN this weekend!

They're giving her far more legitimacy with that. Now anyone can accuse anybody of anything, with tons of inconsistencies, and still get on cable news because of their ratings?

She ismt the only one accusing Biden of sexual assault and Biden passed over Anita Hill's testimony during the Clarence Thomas hearings, fits his behavior. Nevertheless,  the statue of limitations is gone and she should of done this while he was running in 2008, not now. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1376 on: May 01, 2020, 11:59:57 AM »

It’s funny how the neighbor didn’t remember the story until Tara called her to remind her? You forgot all this time? The man who raped your friend running on the ticket with the first Black POTUS didn’t trigger anything? Oh ok....

The lies are almost comical at this point if we weren’t facing down the barrel of another Trump term.

You're putting effort into smearing and attacking a survivor of sexual assault for a man who is on camera being creepy to hundreds of women. Just remember that. Tara is telling the truth, and those smearing her will have to live with the fact that they attack survivors when it's not politically convenient for them.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1377 on: May 01, 2020, 12:00:37 PM »

They're giving her far more legitimacy with that. Now anyone can accuse anybody of anything, with tons of inconsistencies, and still get on cable news because of their ratings?

She ismt the only one accusing Biden of sexual assault and Biden passed over Anita Hill's testimony during the Clarence Thomas hearings, fits his behavior. Nevertheless,  the statue of limitations is gone and she should of done this while he was running in 2008, not now. 

That's false. He has been accused of being touchy, which is true, but not assault before. That's a big difference. And unlike others, he pledged to do better in the future since social norms have changed.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1378 on: May 01, 2020, 12:01:02 PM »

If anyone is to blame, it is the Bernie people as well. The Democratic Party shouldn't have allowed that man to run in 2016 and 2020. He is an interloper with weird personality types who push these stories. He is an example of a entitled white man.
Roblox

« Reply #1379 on: May 01, 2020, 12:01:32 PM »

If anyone is to blame, it is the Bernie people as well. The Democratic Party shouldn't have allowed that man to run in 2016 and 2020. He is an interloper with weird personality types who push these stories. He is an example of a entitled white man.

lol.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1380 on: May 01, 2020, 12:02:44 PM »

Coronavirus is old news now. There's nothing to talk about because the world has stopped. Expect this story to consume CNN, because that's what they do.

Trump calls them fake news, but the way CNN sensationalizes absolutely everything is a huge help to him. CNN is not unique in doing this, but I do think they're one of the worst for it.

After seeing that Morning Joe Interview and the response since, I think the media is ready to take off with this and make it the narrative of the summer. To the average American, attention means credibility, and it looks like this is going to get a lot of attention.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1381 on: May 01, 2020, 12:07:39 PM »

Coronavirus is old news now. There's nothing to talk about because the world has stopped. Expect this story to consume CNN, because that's what they do.

Trump calls them fake news, but the way CNN sensationalizes absolutely everything is a huge help to him. CNN is not unique in doing this, but I do think they're one of the worst for it.

After seeing that Morning Joe Interview and the response since, I think the media is ready to take off with this and make it the narrative of the summer. To the average American, attention means credibility, and it looks like this is going to get a lot of attention.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1382 on: May 01, 2020, 12:07:51 PM »

Is CNN going to ask her real questions (such as 'why there are so much inconsistencies?' and 'why she changed her story so many times?') or are they going to ask her softball questions?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1383 on: May 01, 2020, 12:09:08 PM »

Bernie thinks he is entitled to the Democratic Party nomination when he and his people trash the Party at a Daily basis.
lol.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1384 on: May 01, 2020, 12:09:32 PM »

The media will do anything in their power to get Trump a second term, a Biden presidency would be "boring" and would hurt their ratings.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1385 on: May 01, 2020, 12:10:10 PM »

The media will do anything in their power to get Trump a second term, a Biden presidency would be "boring" and would hurt their ratings.
No, it's not that, it has to be covered like every other story.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1386 on: May 01, 2020, 12:17:10 PM »

They can do that, but Biden's response was early enough and solid enough to take the teeth out of it (what few teeth the story has). With all the inconsistencies I'm still not sure how far news outlets will go without mentioning the holes in the story, because Me Too stories tend to be treated more carefully than others.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1387 on: May 01, 2020, 12:17:23 PM »

I am almost finished with my Tara Reade article.  I've sent a few of you copies of the rough draft.  If anyone else is interested in proofreading it for me, send me a PM.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1388 on: May 01, 2020, 12:18:07 PM »

President Donald Trump, who has been accused of sexual assault by a number of women, told reporters on Thursday that Biden should address Reade's claim, but noted that "it could be false accusations. I know all about false accusations."

I find it suspicious how hands-off Trump is being about this. Does he know that because of his own allegations, it would be hard for him to go directly on the attack? But that didn’t stop him from attacking Bill. And I’m sure his surrogates will go on about this even if Trump himself remains weirdly above the fray.

Or maybe they know this is all bulls—t that won’t stick or hold up to scrutiny, so it’s not worth investing much into an attack that could backfire if exposed. Although, that’s not really stopped them before either.

It’s weird, I’m not sure what their game is.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1389 on: May 01, 2020, 12:19:24 PM »

I have no problem with giving Tara Reade the opportunity to be heard.

I hope she does get a lot of air time, because I think it's inevitable that the more attention she gets, the more it will be obvious that she is an utterly dishonest and unserious person.  

This will be the exact opposite of what happened when Christine Ford was given a chance to be heard.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1390 on: May 01, 2020, 12:20:03 PM »

President Donald Trump, who has been accused of sexual assault by a number of women, told reporters on Thursday that Biden should address Reade's claim, but noted that "it could be false accusations. I know all about false accusations."

I find it suspicious how hands-off Trump is being about this. Does he know that because of his own allegations, it would be hard for him to go directly on the attack? But that didn’t stop him from attacking Bill. And I’m sure his surrogates will go on about this even if Trump himself remains weirdly above the fray.

Or maybe they know this is all bulls—t that won’t stick or hold up to scrutiny, so it’s not worth investing much into an attack that could backfire if exposed. Although, that’s not really stopped them before either.

Oh, he'll sound off on it.  He can't help himself, whether the allegations are true or not. 
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1391 on: May 01, 2020, 12:25:01 PM »

What is the chance that of all the people Joe Biden could have chosen to sexually assault during his 40+ year career, he happened to choose a woman who also "wrote that she departed Washington, D.C. to become an actress and artiste, due to being disillusioned with the American government's "xenophobia" towards Russia"?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1392 on: May 01, 2020, 12:25:15 PM »

I said weeks ago that this story is, to right-wingers, a way to undermine the Me Too movement. That seems to be the case given how much they want to compare this to Kavanaugh. Now they've pivoted a bit to make it about Biden's UD papers.

UD Papers is the new emails. That will be the 'scandal' the right will harp on.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1393 on: May 01, 2020, 12:27:07 PM »

^ This is so underrated. A lot of people forget that CNN and MSNBC at the end of the day are still companies with fiscal goals.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1394 on: May 01, 2020, 12:27:30 PM »

^ This is so underrated. A lot of people forget that CNN and MSNBC at the end of the day are still companies with fiscal goals.
Bingo!
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1395 on: May 01, 2020, 12:28:38 PM »

They can do that, but Biden's response was early enough and solid enough to take the teeth out of it (what few teeth the story has). With all the inconsistencies I'm still not sure how far news outlets will go without mentioning the holes in the story, because Me Too stories tend to be treated more carefully than others.

Yep, I agree. Reade will give some interviews in the coming week, but barring any new developments, this story will probably be relegated to opinion articles.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1396 on: May 01, 2020, 12:30:54 PM »

I said weeks ago that this story is, to right-wingers, a way to undermine the Me Too movement. That seems to be the case given how much they want to compare this to Kavanaugh. Now they've pivoted a bit to make it about Biden's UD papers.

UD Papers is the new emails. That will be the 'scandal' the right will harp on.

I'm not sure. The papers in the University of Delaware are mostly physical, meaning they probably wont get hacked then leaked. Hillary's emails remained a topic of conversation because we kept getting weekly batches of fresh leaks.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1397 on: May 01, 2020, 12:30:57 PM »

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1398 on: May 01, 2020, 12:33:41 PM »

He should drop out. We don't need this crap right now