Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:20:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 148241 times)
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2020, 06:52:21 AM »

You Trump hacks keep using this line, it doesn't mean what you think it means.  You'd know that if you actually gave a damn about victims instead of just seeing them as political props to use as weapons against Democrats.

What does it mean then?

It means "take them seriously & investigate accordingly by looking at the evidence," rather than "automatically assume that the guy is a rapist." The evidence has to prove the claim &, in this case, it just doesn't.

Can you link to these investigation that concluded there are no evidence?

When Avenatti came out with his ridiculous claims, his client was taken really seriously and was given a lot of opportunities to speak out in various interviews. In NBC, CBS, NyT, WaPo, CNN. All lib media were discussing it.

This happened despite this
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/us/politics/julie-swetnick-avenatti-kavenaugh.html
None of Ms. Swetnick’s claims could be independently corroborated by The New York Times, and her lawyer, Michael Avenatti, declined to make her available for an interview.
NONE.

Why doesn't Unbiased Media give same treatment to Tara Reade? What is difference here?What do I miss? (D)?

Just investigate and debunk if untrue. Win-win?

Reputable news organizations reported the Swetnick claims on the basis of the sworn affidavit that she had filed with the Senate Judiciary Committee under penalty of perjury.

In contrast, Reade went with her claim to the Intercept - a far-left publication with very little credibility & no proper editorial oversight - & her case immediately began hitting critical mass at an extremely convenient point, even though it contradicted her previous statements. She has asked for media attention &, somehow, no reputable news source seems to be taking her claims at face value. I know many people have no faith in anything that isn't in their bubble, but I still have faith in journalism. And oftentimes, when these story don't get picked up, it isn't a mass conspiracy. It's that reporters deem it bad journalism to print stories that are likely to be fabricated.

Women should be listened to, but that doesn't mean all logic should be thrown out the door. When a random girl from the South claimed to have Justin's Bieber's baby, I didn't believe it either, because the story didn't add up. It's that simple.

"Went with her claim to the Intercept - a far-left publication with very little credibility & no proper editorial oversight?"

You really think she wouldn't like to tell her story to other outlets than Intercept? If they only were interested...

Btw, according to Vox>>>
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21195935/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation
Earlier this year, though, Reade decided she wanted to speak publicly about the assault allegation. She reached out to Time’s Up, an anti-harassment organization launched as the Me Too movement rose to prominence, to see if she could get legal representation. However, Grim reports, the organization said it could not support her because Biden is a candidate for federal office and doing so could jeopardize its nonprofit status.

The Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund, which is administered by the National Women’s Law Center, has countered that it did offer some help to Reade. Uma Iyer, the center’s vice president of communications, said in a statement on Friday that “we helped Ms. Reade as much as we could, within the guardrails that necessarily shape our work.” The organization “provided her with the information to connect to attorneys and other resources” as it has done for many others, Iyer said; however, “we informed Ms. Reade of our inability to fund legal and PR fees for her due to our 501(c)(3) status.”

“The TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund is the first-of-its-kind entity, and above all else, we prioritize survivors and their quest to seek justice – but we cannot do that if our nonprofit status is in any way threatened,” Iyer said.

Unable to get legal help, Reade told Vox, she decided to write about her experience on Medium in January. She did not state an allegation of sexual assault then, but said that “I have not told the whole story of what occurred between Joe Biden and myself.” That led to interest from some smaller media outlets and the interview with Halper, she said. “I kind of feel like a weight was lifted off when I did that interview,” Reade said. “Now I’m ready to walk away, and now everyone wants to talk to me.”
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2020, 07:21:07 AM »

The Democrats now appear hypocritical.  And the red avatars here ARE, if not hypocritical, walking back a whole lot of what they have said over time.

Which Old Atlas Forum was I on when I would hear the entire #MeToo and #believeallwomen schtick.  The position of Brave New Atlas Democrats is, #believeallwomenexceptaccusersofjoeandbill.  Their standard became inconvenient when it threatened to be used against their lock for the Democratic nomination.

Tara Reade has made an untimely accusation and she's changed her story, so that's two (2) strikes against her credibility.  She had lots of time to say something, and I'm skeptical of people who do this once the accused person is on the biggest possible stage.  And I certainly agree Blasey Ford's accusation is more substantial.  But it would be nice if liberals and Democrats would walk back the #MeToo rhetoric that ruled out the possibility of false accusations.  Gary Dotson and the Duke U Lacrosse team say, "Hi!", by the way.

You literally have to look two posts above to see a very clear explanation I wrote of why this is not the case.

So either you didn't see it at all, you saw it and ignored it, or you read it but are playing dumb.  Which is it?

The position of the Democratic Party was never that false accusations are impossible.  Maybe people like Kirsten Gillibrand or Lena Dunham.  But they are not the mainstream of the party.  We've already had a false rape allegation against Robert Mueller of all people.

If what you are saying represents the mainstream of the Democratic Party, then why are its leaders giving all sorts of aid and comfort to the "Guilt By Accusation" crowd?

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2020, 07:26:56 AM »

Fake News!  Imagine that!

Joe Biden ought to be dealt with fairly on this.  So, too, should every person in this situation.  Principles of timeliness of filing a complaint, presumption of innocence for the accused, the right to confront one's accuser(s) and such ought not to be watered down for the sake of political expediency in the name of "women" and "victims". 

If Joe Biden gets more grief on this issue than he deserves, large elements in his own party are, in part, responsible.  Perhaps we can now finally get away with the Mobocracy on this issue and get back to enforce the law on this issue while providing the same fairness for the accused the Democratic Party states it wants for poor and indigent criminal defendants.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2020, 11:49:00 AM »

Joe Biden ought to be dealt with fairly on this.  So, too, should every person in this situation.  Principles of timeliness of filing a complaint, presumption of innocence for the accused, the right to confront one's accuser(s) and such ought not to be watered down for the sake of political expediency in the name of "women" and "victims". 

If Joe Biden gets more grief on this issue than he deserves, large elements in his own party are, in part, responsible.  Perhaps we can now finally get away with the Mobocracy on this issue and get back to enforce the law on this issue while providing the same fairness for the accused the Democratic Party states it wants for poor and indigent criminal defendants.

That's not really what this is about.  This isn't a he-said-she-said.  This is just straight up an obviously fabricated rape allegation.  "How to deal with it" shouldn't be a question because anyone who does the minimum journalism required can easily see that it is fake.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2020, 11:52:36 AM »

That's not really what this is about.  This isn't a he-said-she-said.  This is just straight up an obviously fabricated rape allegation.  "How to deal with it" shouldn't be a question because anyone who does the minimum journalism required can easily see that it is fake.

Elements of the Democratic Party and the Feminist Left have demanded that even lame accusations such as these receive a full vetting, and that the onus be placed on the accused.  I consider the allegation lame.  But it's as lame as any number of allegations against Trump, and the response you have given here to defend Biden would be roundly condemned if it were made against Trump.  Of course, it would be fine to use regarding Bill Clinton. 
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2020, 11:53:43 AM »

It's embarrassing that you call yourself a Democrat and write this insane psychopathic sh**t.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »

Elements of the Democratic Party and the Feminist Left have demanded that even lame accusations such as these receive a full vetting, and that the onus be placed on the accused.  I consider the allegation lame.  But it's as lame as any number of allegations against Trump, and the response you have given here to defend Biden would be roundly condemned if it were made against Trump.  Of course, it would be fine to use regarding Bill Clinton. 

This is what a full vetting looks like.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2020, 12:00:02 PM »

It's embarrassing that you call yourself a Democrat and write this insane psychopathic sh**t.

"Insane psychopathic sh**t" you mean the truth? I am all for supporting these accusations, and she said that there is a complaint filed and multiple witnesses. Now I just want to know, where are they?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2020, 12:05:11 PM »

"Insane psychopathic sh**t" you mean the truth? I am all for supporting these accusations, and she said that there is a complaint filed and multiple witnesses. Now I just want to know, where are they?

Yeah, where are the witnesses?  What a concept; to expect witnesses to actually materialize.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #159 on: March 29, 2020, 12:09:57 PM »

Biden isn't gonna lose on this. Trump had an affair and abused women. The public knows this already. The only person that is pure was Obama. Biden has built in a tough line image
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2020, 12:21:55 PM »

Yeah, where are the witnesses?  What a concept; to expect witnesses to actually materialize.

Christine Blasey Ford had several corroborating witnesses giving evidence that she had described being raped by Kavanaugh well before he was nominated for the Supreme Court.

Example 1:  She provided therapist records to WaPo wherein she described being raped in high school

Example 2:  Keith Kogler submitted written testimony that she had named Kavanaugh as the rapist in an e-mail and that everything else she had said in the trial was true

and so on and so forth.

Tara Reade has claimed on Twitter nearly 1,000 times that she went to supervisors several times and submitted an official Senate complaint, which would be recorded.  Yet she has never named those supervisors, never provided any details of that complaint, and no journalist has been able to dig it up despite this being a potential bombshell story.  You don't think Fox News would have someone on the case trying to find her old senate complaint about being raped by Joe Biden?  You don't think Breitbart would have tried to find the names of her supervisors and e-mail them to ask if she ever told them Biden raped her?

None of the evidence/witnesses has ever been uncovered because it doesn't exist.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2020, 12:25:40 PM »

Friends and family of Tara Reade have stated, repeatedly, that she told them about the assault at the time. It is quite likely that she has avoided talking about it in public because she was assaulted by one of the most powerful men in America.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2020, 12:28:20 PM »

Flagrantly false. Trump has dozens of accusers, and only a few of them are given particular credence. Kavanaugh and Moore had additional accusers who weren't taken seriously. When the accusations are this flimsy, most of us on the Left (not including The Intercept, etc.) are pretty good at not making a big deal over them.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2020, 12:33:41 PM »

Friends and family of Tara Reade have stated, repeatedly, that she told them about the assault at the time. It is quite likely that she has avoided talking about it in public because she was assaulted by one of the most powerful men in America.

At the time, she told her mother, brother, and a friend who worked in Sen. Ted Kennedy’s office about the incident. Her mother has since passed away, but both her friend and brother told The Intercept they recalled hearing about it from her at the time. Reade’s friend, who asked to remain anonymous so as not to be part of the public blowback, said she discouraged Reade from coming forward at all, concerned that she would be attacked and would never get the apology she was hoping for. Reade and her brother, Collin Moulton, both said that their mother urged her to call the police, but her brother urged her to move on instead. “Woefully, I did not encourage her to follow up,” he said. “I wasn’t one of her better advocates. I said let it go, move on, guys are idiots.” (Moulton, who lives in Georgia, said he voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and has no intention to vote for either Biden or Donald Trump.)

The experience in Biden’s office derailed her life, Reade’s friend said. “Back then people assumed girls just get over it,” she said. “But no, it plants a seed and lives can spin out of control. Yes, everybody’s an adult, but guess what, so is he.” At the time, there was just no way that Reade’s effort to right the wrong could succeed, her friend said, but this time, she’s determined to be heard. “It was the ‘90s,” she said. “There was no Me Too. There was no Time’s Up.”

Even in this small snippet from The Intercept article, there are lots of inconsistencies.  Her brother laments that she never followed-up, but Reade says she did follow-up by filing several complaints after the alleged assault, and that she was personally fired by Biden out of vengeance.  Reade's friend doesn't talk about the sexual assault at all.  The friend's statement is consistent with the original story, which is that Reade was traumatized by being asked to serve drinks at a party and believed the Biden staff was out to get her after she said no.  Her friend also says that Reade's goal in all this is to get an apology from Biden, when Reade's goal is clearly to destroy Biden's candidacy:

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2020, 12:35:51 PM »

Flagrantly false. Trump has dozens of accusers, and only a few of them are given particular credence. Kavanaugh and Moore had additional accusers who weren't taken seriously. When the accusations are this flimsy, most of us on the Left (not including The Intercept, etc.) are pretty good at not making a big deal over them.

Is this one of your "Thus saith the Lord!" posts?

Thought so.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2020, 12:38:22 PM »

Is this one of your "Thus saith the Lord!" posts?

Thought so.

I don't really follow what you're saying, but I hope so, because that sounds kinda badass.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2020, 12:40:20 PM »

Reading those tweets it's clear that she is not mentally well. The constantly tagging of Sanders is basically her damaging her own credibility.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2020, 12:46:40 PM »

Even Biden’s campaign thinks the media MUST vet (and publish?) her claims.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21195935/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation
A sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden has ignited a firestorm of controversy
A woman says Biden assaulted her in 1993. Now #TimesUpBiden is trending.
Biden’s campaign on Friday denied Reade’s allegation. “Women have a right to tell their story, and reporters have an obligation to rigorously vet those claims,” deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield said in a statement. “We encourage them to do so, because these accusations are false.”

NyT, WaPo, CNN, where are you hiding together with Hunter?

Seriously, they can't sitting this out, can they?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2020, 12:48:01 PM »

Mods, can you please stop Russian Bear from derailing every thread on this subject with the exact same post?

Atlas users spend an entire page explaining to him why he's wrong and then he'll just laugh at us and go make the exact same post in another thread.  He's not contributing, he's not listening, he doesn't care.

He did the exact same thing during the impeachment investigation in all the impeachment threads.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2020, 12:48:42 PM »

Why is it only that the lowest information morons and Bernie voters propogate this nonsense? What could they possibly have in common?

Hmm....
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2020, 12:52:20 PM »

Democrat Joshua Collins, a socialist candidate running for U.S. Congress to replace retiring Rep. Denny Heck, 26, a rising star, says that he cannot vote for Joe Biden if he is the nominee in November due to the rape allegations, and it is literally not up for debate.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Qo1CNhXNt/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-OS4o8nhfK/
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #171 on: March 29, 2020, 12:54:49 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2020, 12:59:23 PM by Impeachment Inquiry »

As if a nobody socialist was voting for Biden in the first place.
Hydera

« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2020, 12:55:13 PM »

Was he going to vote for Biden anyway even without the fake allegations?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2020, 12:55:47 PM »

Nationally-unknown socialists on instagram are well-known presidential election bellwethers.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2020, 12:55:58 PM »

Even Biden’s campaign thinks the media MUST vet (and publish?) her claims.

This is what vetting looks like.  Going through her social media history to discover that she's crazy, she's changed her story over time, and she's clearly motivated by a desire to help Sanders win.

The media already did some vetting of this woman in April 2019, when The Atlantic discovered her Medium blog where she wrote about loving Russia, hating America, quitting her job with Biden in protest of American imperialism, etc.

She deleted those posts.  When asked on Twitter, she lied and said she didn't delete them.  Her link in this tweet is not to the post in question.  Just another brick in the wall of why she's not a credible source.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies