Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:41:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 143882 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 02:48:26 PM »

She told two people at the time and claims she reported it at the time (that needs to be checked ofc).

You think they haven't already?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 02:55:13 PM »

Looks like this woman was actually a huge Biden fan prior to 2017 and frequently wrote glowing praise of his work combatting sexual assault.  In 2017 she was very concerned about Russian interference in our elections and Trump's ties to Russia.

Some time afterwards she did a complete 180 and fell in love with Putin and started ranting about American imperialism.  It was about two years later that she wrote blog posts swearing her allegiance to Russia and started telling everyone that Biden had sexually harassed her.  Now, a year later, she's upgrading her story to Biden raping her.

Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 02:56:43 PM »

She told two people at the time and claims she reported it at the time (that needs to be checked ofc).

You think they haven't already?

I don't know (it hasn't been covered by serious journalist yet).
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 02:58:47 PM »

Looks like this woman was actually a huge Biden fan prior to 2017 and frequently wrote glowing praise of his work combatting sexual assault.  In 2017 she was very concerned about Russian interference in our elections and Trump's ties to Russia.

Some time afterwards she did a complete 180 and fell in love with Putin and started ranting about American imperialism.  It was about two years later that she wrote blog posts swearing her allegiance to Russia and started telling everyone that Biden had sexually harassed her.  Now, a year later, she's upgrading her story to Biden raping her.

Yeah, I really hope the mainstream media does not give this con artist any coverage.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 02:59:39 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2020, 03:04:30 PM by Captain Turk »

Zdravstvuyte fellow progressives, I wish I could vote for Biden since I agree with him on everything but I can't bring myself to vote for a rapist.

Luckily, he isn't one, so you can still vote for him.

You don't know, so stop pretending you do.

Helping spread false rape allegations isn't gonna change the fact that Biden won the Democratic nomination; it just makes you a terrible person.

Again, you don't know if their false, and dismissing sexual assault allegations as false without knowing the facts make you are horrible person.

Also, I'm not "trying to change the fact that Biden won the Democratic nomination", that's a ridiculous thing to say.

Actually, I’m pretty sure we both know this is a false rape allegation.  The difference is that you don’t care because you don’t want Biden to be the Democratic nominee and are willing to peddle a false rape allegation if there’s any way that doing so might hurt his chances.
voice_of_resistance
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.34, S: 5.22

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2020, 03:04:49 PM »

I'm not normally one to praise Lindsey Graham, but here, this is the most unethical SHAM I've seen in my time in politics. This is a smear campaign designed to aid and abet the Russians. Any American patriot will not be circulating this vile garbage. End of story.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2020, 03:12:27 PM »

I'm not normally one to praise Lindsey Graham, but here, this is the most unethical SHAM I've seen in my time in politics. This is a smear campaign designed to aid and abet the Russians. Any American patriot will not be circulating this vile garbage. End of story.
Did Lindsey Graham say something about this?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 03:21:26 PM »

This is all just a smear attempt by the evil corporate establishment Dems who want to silence women and let Trump win another four years rather than allow a true progressive to take over the party!

/s
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »

I love when liberals show their "believe women" shtick only applies when it's allegations against a Republican. These accusations may well be truthful; unless someone liking a world leader makes them automatically a liar?

Oh the irony in the OP accusing the publishers of pushing a "conspiracy" that Time's Up would decline to support allegations against Biden, but simultaneously claiming this woman is involved in another RUSSIAN CONSPIRACY. Let's not listen to the partisan hacks, listen to the woman's account and know that she worked for Biden and evaluate yourself. I don't think it's an outlandish claim, and she sounds sincere in the interview. That's all we can really say for now.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2020, 03:37:12 PM »

I love when liberals show their "believe women" shtick only applies when it's allegations against a Republican. These accusations may well be truthful; unless someone liking a world leader makes them automatically a liar?

Oh the irony in the OP accusing the publishers of pushing a "conspiracy" that Time's Up would decline to support allegations against Biden, but simultaneously claiming this woman is involved in another RUSSIAN CONSPIRACY. Let's not listen to the partisan hacks, listen to the woman's account and know that she worked for Biden and evaluate yourself. I don't think it's an outlandish claim, and she sounds sincere in the interview. That's all we can really say for now.

Except there's quite of BTS evidence she might not be telling the truth?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2020, 03:38:20 PM »

So you’re just gonna ignore what the critics here are actually saying 🙄
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2020, 03:39:19 PM »

So you’re just gonna ignore what the critics here are actually saying 🙄

It's possible these allegations are false. It's also possible they're true. I think it's foolish to immediately dismiss them. It doesn't take away from the fact that Trump is a sexual predator; but Biden may be, too.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2020, 03:44:15 PM »

Where did I say this was a Russian conspiracy?  Russia doesn't have anything to do with this woman, although it is extremely likely that this story is being signal-boosted by Russian bots on social media and will get extensive coverage from Russian "news" sites.

Also, the "lol you say believe all woman but won't believe this kook" thing is tired.  Give it a rest.  That's not what "believe all women" means and you have been posting on Atlas long enough to know that.  Stop pretending to be stupid.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2020, 03:46:28 PM »

It's possible these allegations are false. It's also possible they're true. I think it's foolish to immediately dismiss them. It doesn't take away from the fact that Trump is a sexual predator; but Biden may be, too.

It's also possible that the Coronavirus is a hoax or a Chinese bioweapon whose purpose is to thwart Trump's reelection.
I mean Trump might be a racist, pathological liar but I think it's foolish to immediately dismiss his allegations.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2020, 03:53:59 PM »

It's possible that I'm secretly working for North Korea and come on here to hate on Bernie because Biden is our Manchurian candidate.

Literally anything is possible.

But you only treat utterly ludicrous things seriously when it's part of your agenda.  It's pretty clear that promoting this woman's story is part of the agenda of the Rose/Trump alliance and that they would continue promoting it even were it definitively proven 100% false.

If these allegations were being made against Bernie Sanders, the exact same bad actors in this thread going "lol guess it's not believe-all-women huh dems" would be screaming bloody murder.  And before you go "lol MacArthur would be all over it" no I wouldn't because my side doesn't get into these stupid smear campaigns and cover-up theories.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2020, 03:56:15 PM »

No one stands out in particular but can you guys tone it down a bit and not resort to the same sides arguing? Very tempting to lock. I’ve removed “false” from the title as I’m not aware of clear evidence that it is false (even if in all likelihood it is); please do not editoralize titles.

I may merge this with the original thread later on, which of course was also editorialized.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2020, 04:00:25 PM »

No one stands out in particular but can you guys tone it down a bit and not resort to the same sides arguing? Very tempting to lock. I’ve removed “false” from the title as I’m not aware of clear evidence that it is false (even if in all likelihood it is); please do not editoralize titles

Removing “false” basically was editorializing in the title since this is so clearly a false allegation, that it’s pretty much impossible for any even remotely objective person acting in good-faith to conclude otherwise.  Please restore “false” in the title (or if OP is reading this, please go ahead and restore it yourself).

Folks are entitled to their own opinions, not their own facts.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2020, 04:05:22 PM »

No one stands out in particular but can you guys tone it down a bit and not resort to the same sides arguing? Very tempting to lock. I’ve removed “false” from the title as I’m not aware of clear evidence that it is false (even if in all likelihood it is); please do not editoralize titles.

I may merge this with the original thread later on, which of course was also editorialized.

Seems to me that with a Bernie logo in your profile that your judgment might not be so unbiased when it comes to this.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2020, 04:09:22 PM »

No one stands out in particular but can you guys tone it down a bit and not resort to the same sides arguing? Very tempting to lock. I’ve removed “false” from the title as I’m not aware of clear evidence that it is false (even if in all likelihood it is); please do not editoralize titles

Removing false is kinda editorializing already since it’s so clearly a false allegation, that it’s pretty much impossible for any even remotely objective person acting in good-faith to conclude otherwise.  Please restore “false” in the title (or if OP is reading this, please go ahead and restore it yourself).

For better or worse, opinions on this seem divided on how much people trust the (and only people I should add) people reporting this, so I’d rather leave that up in the title.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2020, 04:10:56 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2020, 04:20:52 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

The title is locked.  But the allegation is false.

We need to have some standards on Atlas.  If Alex Jones came out and said that Barack Obama was a rapist, folks like Russian Bear would believe it, or at least pretend to believe it to be annoying.

That doesn't mean we have to respect their opinions.  This is obviously false and simply refusing to call it false is lending it a dangerous amount of credibility.

You could make the same case about PizzaGate.  Can I prove that Hillary Clinton isn't running a secret pedophilia ring in a pizzeria basement?  I can not.  Alex Jones is reporting on it from the right, and Jimmy Dore is reporting on it from the left, so it's an issue of non-partisan concern.  And multiple users on Atlas say they believe the story.  So we can't label it as false.

The story here isn't the rape allegation and whether or not it's true.  The story is how pathetic and disgusting it is that BernieWorld is pushing an obviously fake rape allegation to try to smear Joe Biden, whether that will handicap him in the general, and on a scale of 1-10 how ashamed are Bernie supporters that their movement is doing Trump's dirty work?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2020, 04:21:56 PM »

Removing false is kinda editorializing already since it’s so clearly a false allegation, that it’s pretty much impossible for any even remotely objective person acting in good-faith to conclude otherwise.  Please restore “false” in the title (or if OP is reading this, please go ahead and restore it yourself).

For better or worse, opinions on this seem divided on how much people trust the (and only people I should add) people reporting this, so I’d rather leave that up in the title.

Are they though?  It seems like there’s a pretty clear consensus that the allegations are almost certainly false.

Also McArthur is spot on that the story here isn’t whether the false allegation is true, it’s that the sleezebag Bernie supporters mentioned in the title are deliberately peddling a false rape allegation in an effort to smear Biden.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2020, 04:23:26 PM »

Seems to me that with a Bernie logo in your profile that your judgment might not be so unbiased when it comes to this.

Are you seriously f**king stooping so low as to accuse YE of having an evil motive in trying to appear objective? Jesus christ, get a hold of yourself & grow up.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2020, 04:26:14 PM »

Are you seriously f**king stooping so low as to accuse YE of having an evil motive in trying to appear objective? Jesus christ, get a hold of yourself & grow up.

Yeah, despite my annoyance-based username change, the idea that YE is somehow acting with malicious intent as opposed to just making a mistake is a bunch of malarkey.  YE’s integrity is as unimpeachable as anyone’s on Atlas as far as I’m concerned.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2020, 05:02:47 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2020, 05:07:39 PM by It's just good business. »

Right, the guy who voted for Warren is a closet Bernie supporter who believes the rape allegations that he's already said are false.

Are you even listening to yourself, Republican?
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »

Lots of reasons to be skeptical, for sure. But I still think it should be investigated to the extent possible, and neither completely dismissed or touted as fact until we learn more. (Of course, these things are almost never "proven," so an inability to prove it hardly means it didn't happen. Only so much you can do, after all.) I just think it's best to not speak about these things in absolute terms when there is obviously no way that anyone can truly know for sure and we still have limited information.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies