Super Tuesday Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:51:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Super Tuesday Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 94
Author Topic: Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 94188 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2020, 12:05:44 PM »

If Biden wins Texas it's over.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »

Are they going to release all the exit polls combined together or do a state by state release at 5pm on air?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2020, 12:21:42 PM »

Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2020, 12:24:42 PM »

Been in DC and Arlington today. Minor sprinkles, but not really. Can't speak to Fairfax and Loudoun.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »

The Makeup of the Texas Electorate will be KEY
https://edition.cnn.com/election/2016/primaries/polls/tx/Dem
In '16 it was:
43 % White
19 % Black
32 % Hispanic
4 % Asian
3 % Other

25-29: 8 %
30-39: 14 %
40-49: 18 %
50-64: 30 %
65+: 18 %

Party ID
D: 71 %
I: 26 %
R: 3 %

Ideology
Liberal 59 %
Moderate 34 %
Conservative 7 %

If these Numbers stay rougly the same I think Sanders will eek out a win but it will be close. It may come down to the Hispanic Vote. Sanders got only 29 % of them in '16 and Biden struggled with them in Nevada. Texas D Primaries unlike the Confederate States have usually a more Liberal Electorate.

Polls have shown Sanders beating Biden by 15 Points among Hispanics although I don't know if that is still the case with Pete & Klob out.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2020, 12:34:55 PM »

What do you expect when McAuliffe, Kaine, Bobby Scott, Wexton have endorsed Biden? Your Biden clapping is really getting onto me and is totally annoying!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2020, 12:37:44 PM »

Alexandria, VA at noon has almost surpassed turnout from 2016.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2020, 12:39:24 PM »

Ah, the legendary VA guy who every election tells us Dem turnout is really great in the morning, then it's horrible during the day, and then great again at Rush hour. lol
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2020, 12:50:57 PM »

Hey @wbrocks67,
I want High Turnout. That's good for Democracy Smiley
Reds4

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2020, 12:54:38 PM »

Do we know if the early vote in Texas and other states is counted before the day of election votes are counted?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2020, 12:57:10 PM »

What do you expect when McAuliffe, Kaine, Bobby Scott, Wexton have endorsed Biden? Your Biden clapping is really getting onto me and is totally annoying!

I'm just posting any information that I can find on voting today. If it was good for Sanders I'd post it as well.
n1240

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2020, 01:01:49 PM »

Do we know if the early vote in Texas and other states is counted before the day of election votes are counted?

Texas, North Carolina, Colorado, California, and Utah should. Arkansas, Alabama, and Tennessee probably report absentees but I'm not certain on this. Not much of a clue/memory on Minnesota, Massachusetts, and Maine.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2020, 01:10:31 PM »

Are they going to release all the exit polls combined together or do a state by state release at 5pm on air?

We won't get the toplines from any state until the polls close in that state.  But as for other exit poll info, again, the exit pollsters share their early date with the media at 5pm Eastern, so some time in ~5:05-5:15, we'll get *something*, either demographics, or what % of voters are angry or whatever.  On questions like the latter, they might release Super Tuesday-wide figures rather than breaking it down by state.  For demographics though, they tend to go state by state.  But based on four years ago, these dribble out a bit at a time, and in the 5pm hour will presumably only cover East Coast states with the earliest poll closing times.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2020, 01:15:57 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2020, 01:40:12 PM by Oryxslayer »

We won't get the toplines from any state until the polls close in that state.  But as for other exit poll info, again, the exit pollsters share their early date with the media at 5pm Eastern, so some time in ~5:05-5:15, we'll get *something*, either demographics, or what % of voters are angry or whatever.  On questions like the latter, they might release Super Tuesday-wide figures rather than breaking it down by state.  For demographics though, they tend to go state by state.  But based on four years ago, these dribble out a bit at a time, and in the 5pm hour will presumably only cover East Coast states with the earliest poll closing times.

Well, there's always American Samoa if you need to sate your election fix before 7pm est.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2020, 01:35:33 PM »

If Bernie loses Texas, he should drop out in the name of “unity”.  Its time to focus on Trump again.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2020, 01:39:28 PM »

Sanders should run as an independent if he wins California even if he can't win the nomination. Biden is a loser who can barley speak & will get destroyed in the rust belt with his record in NAFTA. Anyone who can't win California in 2020 has no business running in the Dem primary since California is the heart & soul of the Dem party today.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2020, 01:44:12 PM »

If Bernie loses Texas, he should drop out in the name of “unity”.  Its time to focus on Trump again.
He won't drop out until the Primary Season is finished. If Biden wants to earn his Supporters he should make a play for it and not just ignore them like he always does. For Clown Car Uncle Joe Young Voters & Progressives don't exsist.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »

I hate to bring this up because 22 people have died and it’s not appropriate to put politics ahead of a community that has been devastated, but will the Nashville tornado seriously reduce Bernie’s numbers in TN?
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2020, 01:47:33 PM »

I agree with other people takes on Texas and California. If Sanders doesn't win Texas or Biden and one more candite is viable in California then I don't see how he wins the primary.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2020, 01:48:09 PM »

The Predictit map went from Biden winning 10 states in the Confederacy to Biden winning everything outside of NNE and the Pac/Mountain West.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2020, 01:49:10 PM »

Dude. Why should he. He might even be leading delegate wise, if he narrowly loses Texas and wins California bigly.

Maybe your boy - Biden - should drop out for the sake of unity. Last time i checked Sanders was leading in delegates, and Sanders hasn't been totally rejected in like all states. Biden even didn't finish in the top 3 in IA and NH. Sanders always ended up in the top 2.

I'm not arguing Biden should drop out. He has the right to be in the race, and has a path to the nomination, just like Sanders does. And why are you not arguing for Liz and Bloomy to drop out. This race needs to be fought fairly, and if it has to be all the way up to the convention, it has to be.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2020, 01:49:20 PM »

Sanders should run as an independent if he wins California even if he can't win the nomination. Biden is a loser who can barley speak & will get destroyed in the rust belt with his record in NAFTA. Anyone who can't win California in 2020 has no business running in the Dem primary since California is the heart & soul of the Dem party today.

AKA "Sanders should help the Republican win even though the Democrat would still be infinitely better for the country." K.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2020, 01:49:58 PM »

You are effectively proposing that California should be the only state to vote in the Democratic primary.

Biden might not win the primary, but he'd still win the state by a mile in the GE.  So implying he "can't win in California" is ridiculous.

And if you think he'd lose the general election to Trump nationally, getting Bernie to run as an independent is probably the surest way to accomplish that.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2020, 01:50:38 PM »

I hate to bring this up because 22 people have died and it’s not appropriate to put politics ahead of a community that has been devastated, but will the Nashville tornado seriously reduce Bernie’s numbers in TN?
They should postpone the primary.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2020, 01:53:52 PM »

Just voted for Tulsi. Not lying when I say I've had more than 10 Trump voting friends post/text today that they crossed over and voted Biden to stop the Communist. The precinct my dad works at, he's guess >50% voters voted for Biden. On the way to vote I heard a black-themed pro-Biden, anti-Bernie ad. Biden may pull this off afterall.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 94  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies