NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:23:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 58
Author Topic: NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)  (Read 52733 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: February 22, 2020, 08:30:04 PM »

From 538's live blog:

As the results stand, with 4 percent of precincts reporting county delegate results (the number used to determine how many national delegates each candidate will get), Sanders would get 20 delegates, and Buttigieg and Biden would each get eight. Of the other candidates, Warren is closest to 15 percent — she has 13.6 percent in the 1st District and close to 12 percent in other areas.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #901 on: February 22, 2020, 08:30:59 PM »

From 538's live blog:

As the results stand, with 4 percent of precincts reporting county delegate results (the number used to determine how many national delegates each candidate will get), Sanders would get 20 delegates, and Buttigieg and Biden would each get eight. Of the other candidates, Warren is closest to 15 percent — she has 13.6 percent in the 1st District and close to 12 percent in other areas.
It definitely seems to be a race for second, at this point.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #902 on: February 22, 2020, 08:31:24 PM »

There is no way in hell I will vote for Bernie if he is the Dem nominee, even if I am somehow living in a battleground state by then

Somebody like you voting for the Democratic Party means it has long since died, intellectually and otherwise.

I would vote to reelect a professional and well behaved Trump

No offense OSR, I like you quite a lot

But it is very disappointing that you'd support a blank slate with Trump's policies. These policies are destructive, dangerous, and ripping America apart. It's not just the tweets.

Depends on what you mean by policy vs behavior.

Him lashing out on his allies, the Ukraine Scandal, putting yes men everywhere, dividing this nation in my opinion are not due to policies they are due to his behavior. If you look at it policy-wise:

On Economics and Judicial Picks: Trump is a standard conservative

On Immigration: He basically is first term Obama(his rhetoric is what is really bad on this issue and a professional Trump wouldnt do this)

On Trade: He got USCMA passed and I think we need to fight back against the Chinese hard

See Trump without his behavior would not be the Trump we know at all
I agree that Trump isn't that bad policy wise, but his behaviour is absolutely disgusting, and I think Bernie's policies would be far better in all aspects.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #903 on: February 22, 2020, 08:31:27 PM »

From 538's live blog:

Between who?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #904 on: February 22, 2020, 08:31:38 PM »

Looks like all that remains for Bernie at this point is to slay the Beast of Bloomberg.
No, Bloomberg is easy. The poor guy can’t even stand up on stage without looking like a deer out of the headlights.
Trump is the final enemy.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #905 on: February 22, 2020, 08:31:41 PM »

Literally every "tweet" or "report" marty mentions on an election day has turned out to be false or made-up: this has been the case for years. Why are people still falling for it?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #906 on: February 22, 2020, 08:32:08 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2020, 08:36:03 PM by Old School Republican »

There is no way in hell I will vote for Bernie if he is the Dem nominee, even if I am somehow living in a battleground state by then

Somebody like you voting for the Democratic Party means it has long since died, intellectually and otherwise.

I would vote to reelect a professional and well behaved Trump

No offense OSR, I like you quite a lot

But it is very disappointing that you'd support a blank slate with Trump's policies. These policies are destructive, dangerous, and ripping America apart. It's not just the tweets.

Depends on what you mean by policy vs behavior.

Him lashing out on his allies, the Ukraine Scandal, putting yes men everywhere, dividing this nation in my opinion are not due to policies they are due to his behavior. If you look at it policy-wise:

On Economics and Judicial Picks: Trump is a standard conservative

On Immigration: He basically is first term Obama(his rhetoric is what is really bad on this issue and a professional Trump wouldnt do this)

On Trade: He got USCMA passed and I think we need to fight back against the Chinese hard

See Trump without his behavior would not be the Trump we know at all

That's a fraction of Trump's actions. Also...the tweets aren't dividing the nation. It's escalating ICE raids in our cities, a tax bill that targets blue states, appointing outright racists across government positions, and every budget he proposes is vicious (and punitive Wink ) and unnecessary cuts to social services. But if that's just standard conservatism....well I guess it is.

His immigration policy is not different than Obama's first term policies(actually Obama deported more people in his first term than Trump did). His rhetoric is why he is so bad on this issue

That is the States fault for keeping taxes too high, and the fact is most of them dont allow you to deduct all of your Federal Tax Liability either so why should the Federal Government do the same thing.

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #907 on: February 22, 2020, 08:32:12 PM »

From 538's live blog:

Between who?
Warren, Biden, and Pete (based on results so far).
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #908 on: February 22, 2020, 08:32:16 PM »

Bernie is giving a General Election speech right now.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #909 on: February 22, 2020, 08:32:23 PM »

Sanders will get 34-35 % in the end when all is said and done regarding Nevada. That's HUGE. He has gone from 26 % in IA & NH into the Mid 30ties.

The Biden Campaign celebrating a 2nd Place which isn't confirmed is amusing!

Did Pete already claim "victory" for getting 2nd place?

Is this a joke? Is anyone actually saying this? Buttigieg is at 4th on the NYT tracker; does someone have better data?
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #910 on: February 22, 2020, 08:32:31 PM »

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #911 on: February 22, 2020, 08:32:42 PM »

Sorry guys. It was a fake wapo account

I apologize for falling for it. A legit journalist I follow retweeted it which is why I thought it was real

I’m sorry for not checking for the blue check mark
Thought it was fake news and i was correct. No worries, you're not to blame for it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #912 on: February 22, 2020, 08:33:30 PM »

Bernie knows he's gonna win: look how neat his hair is tonight

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #913 on: February 22, 2020, 08:34:18 PM »

I'm not thrilled about Bernie winning

But Pete...my god he is smarmy.

All efforts must be put in to defeat No Policy Pete and Xerox Mike.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #914 on: February 22, 2020, 08:34:32 PM »

Let's make this clear:

Presumptive Nominee Bernie Sanders
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #915 on: February 22, 2020, 08:35:48 PM »

Of course the real issue was Sanders voters not showing up or throwing away their votes on Jill Stein, letting Trump win with a minority.

Hillary Clinton lost despite having the most votes because of the electoral college, not because of Sanders or third party voters. In a sensible and democratic election system, Clinton would have been President, and she did not need a single additional vote for that to be the case.

Hi, yes, I'm familiar with the electoral college and its role in 2016. Perhaps I should have said that Sanders voters staying home or throwing away their votes on Stein could easily account for the 80,000 or so votes that gave Trump the edge in those 3 states enabling him to win with less than 50%.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #916 on: February 22, 2020, 08:35:54 PM »

Sanders will get 34-35 % in the end when all is said and done regarding Nevada. That's HUGE. He has gone from 26 % in IA & NH into the Mid 30ties.

Well yeah even Klob claimed victory.

They're all going to claim victory after victory and just try to hold on until the contested convention. That's their tactic. It would honour them if they admit their losses, but the ego's are just too high. And why is the moderate D field so absolutely god damn terrible. Only Klobuchar is acceptable, but if it is true that she handles her colleagues so badly, i'm not sure if i want her as VP. Without that, yes certainly. I also don't want Warren "i do not want to shake hands with you because you're a sexist" as VP. I would be really disappointed with Warren as VP. Sanders should double down on his VP choice, and choose a progressive young female VP like Pramila Jamaypal or Nina Turner.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #917 on: February 22, 2020, 08:36:03 PM »

Let's make this clear:

Presumptive Nominee Bernie Sanders

Think we need to at least see how Super Tuesday goes before arriving at that conclusion.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #918 on: February 22, 2020, 08:36:30 PM »

Warren could finish ahead of Biden, Bloomberg, and Buttigieg in California.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #919 on: February 22, 2020, 08:37:42 PM »

Of course the real issue was Sanders voters not showing up or throwing away their votes on Jill Stein, letting Trump win with a minority.

Hillary Clinton lost despite having the most votes because of the electoral college, not because of Sanders or third party voters. In a sensible and democratic election system, Clinton would have been President, and she did not need a single additional vote for that to be the case.

Um no Clinton didnt win a majority of the popular vote. The Right Bloc in 2016 had more votes than the Left bloc did

We're not supposed to say out loud that Jill Stein was serving the interests of the Russians / "the Right bloc."
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #920 on: February 22, 2020, 08:38:02 PM »

Surprisingly poor night for Steyer. May be a bad sign for Bloomie.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #921 on: February 22, 2020, 08:38:16 PM »

Is this a joke? Is anyone actually saying this? Buttigieg is at 4th on the NYT tracker; does someone have better data?

Not a joke question. The Pete campaign had some partial results with them in 2nd, so they might actually be brazen enough to try claiming this.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #922 on: February 22, 2020, 08:38:22 PM »

At this point, I'm absolutely positive Klobuchar is only hanging around to keep f**king with Pete Buttigieg.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #923 on: February 22, 2020, 08:39:13 PM »

Um no Clinton didnt win a majority of the popular vote. The Right Bloc in 2016 had more votes than the Left bloc did

We're not supposed to say out loud that Jill Stein was serving the interests of the Russians / "the Right bloc."

If you wanna blame anyone but Hillary for her defeat, blaming Stein is far more better than the electoral college
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #924 on: February 22, 2020, 08:39:18 PM »

Biden is compared to those two an angel. But right now i don't like any of the candidates in the race now, aside of Bernie himself. My preferred VP pick from all the ones that have ran is Andrew Yang. Young, inspiring, enterprising, Asian-American, has good progressive proposals and might even convince some CEO's to jump on the Bernie train. It will be record turn out from Hispanics and young voters if we have Yang on the ticket.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies