NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 04:49:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 58
Author Topic: NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)  (Read 52769 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: February 22, 2020, 08:23:35 PM »

Wapo is reporting that Bernie sanders has told his colleagues in the senate that he will switch to advocating a public option if he gets to general election.

Is this true

Oh my god is this true

😍
musicblind
United States

« Reply #876 on: February 22, 2020, 08:23:38 PM »

Pete won Iowa by the measure that's been used for as long as I've been alive. This was the first year the Iowa Caucus even announced the popular vote.

Buttigieg won by the measure that is used to select the winner. Therefore, he is the winner. You can disagree with the measure that is used to select the winner, but that doesn't change the facts.

Congratulations to Sanders on his two victories. I sincerely congratulate him and his supporters on an achievement many never thought possible, but it is very offensive to see Sanders supporters claim a victory he didn't achieve. Especially when that victory was achieved by a gay man.

I wish Sanders and supporters would drop this particular spin. He has won two of the first three contests, he is the clear front runner, and he is very likely to get the Democratic nomination. Isn't that enough without taking away something from someone who won it fair and square?

As a gay man I'm offended by your offense.

As a gay man, I have every right to be offended by it.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #877 on: February 22, 2020, 08:23:55 PM »

There is no way in hell I will vote for Bernie if he is the Dem nominee, even if I am somehow living in a battleground state by then

Somebody like you voting for the Democratic Party means it has long since died, intellectually and otherwise.
So OSR should vote straight Republican and refuse to even consider Bernie?
Should I do the same since I obviously am in Fake Democrat territory?
But he's not even a moderate like you. He's a right-wing Republican. Big fan of Reagan, etc.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #878 on: February 22, 2020, 08:24:18 PM »

Wapo is reporting that Bernie sanders has told his colleagues in the senate that he will switch to advocating a public option if he gets to general election.

Here comes the moderation. If this is true I have to wonder how his base voters who really want Medicare for All will take it.  
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #879 on: February 22, 2020, 08:24:35 PM »

Link?
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #880 on: February 22, 2020, 08:24:50 PM »

Not gonna lie, I'd be fine with that. One of the biggest issues I have with him is how he'd pay for his Medicare for All plan. He's never actually addressed that, but walked around it when asked.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #881 on: February 22, 2020, 08:24:58 PM »

Smells bullsh**t.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #882 on: February 22, 2020, 08:25:16 PM »

I have a friend who is a centrist in many aspects

He said he liked Reagan

I urged him to do research

A google search later and he detested Reagan
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #883 on: February 22, 2020, 08:25:27 PM »

There is no way in hell I will vote for Bernie if he is the Dem nominee, even if I am somehow living in a battleground state by then

Somebody like you voting for the Democratic Party means it has long since died, intellectually and otherwise.
But he's not even a moderate like you. He's a right-wing Republican. Big fan of Reagan, etc.

Yeah, I think OSR is more or less a decent guy, but God help us if people like him become trendsetters for voters for a nominally center-left party. I'd honestly much rather have people like Fuzzy Bear on-side if I had to choose.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #884 on: February 22, 2020, 08:25:29 PM »

I would vote to reelect a professional and well behaved Trump

All you (or anybody in your party) needed to say really

That Trump wouldn't insult our allies every day , lash out on twitter every day, do what he did with Ukraine etc.

I like Trump's economic policies , his judicial record, and on immigration he isnt much different than first term Obama anyway

Again, all you needed to say: "I'm a Republican [but Trump is a meanie and I will vote for him while pretending to be 'concerned' anyway]" doesn't require a caveat or explanation. You're identical to everybody else in your party, so just embrace it and stop trying to think of yourself as holier-than-thou. Maybe you'll change your mind when the GOP starts rounding up all the rich Indians because they swung 10 points to the Democrats in 2020 or whatever.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #885 on: February 22, 2020, 08:25:44 PM »

Sanders will get 34-35 % in the end when all is said and done regarding Nevada. That's HUGE. He has gone from 26 % in IA & NH into the Mid 30ties.

The Biden Campaign celebrating a 2nd Place which isn't confirmed is amusing!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #886 on: February 22, 2020, 08:25:58 PM »

No offense OSR, I like you quite a lot

But it is very disappointing that you'd support a blank slate with Trump's policies. These policies are destructive, dangerous, and ripping America apart. It's not just the tweets.

Depends on what you mean by policy vs behavior.

Him lashing out on his allies, the Ukraine Scandal, putting yes men everywhere, dividing this nation in my opinion are not due to policies they are due to his behavior. If you look at it policy-wise:

On Economics and Judicial Picks: Trump is a standard conservative

On Immigration: He basically is first term Obama(his rhetoric is what is really bad on this issue and a professional Trump wouldnt do this)

On Trade: He got USCMA passed and I think we need to fight back against the Chinese hard

See Trump without his behavior would not be the Trump we know at all
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #887 on: February 22, 2020, 08:26:45 PM »

Sorry guys. It was a fake wapo account

I apologize for falling for it. A legit journalist I follow retweeted it which is why I thought it was real

I’m sorry for not checking for the blue check mark
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #888 on: February 22, 2020, 08:27:00 PM »

If Bernie wins California, who finishes second?

Whoever comes in 2nd in California will be the true winner, because the only thing better than coming in 1st is coming in 2nd - probably that is Bloomberg.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #889 on: February 22, 2020, 08:27:06 PM »

1) He's not considering Bernie
2) He absolutely should (because is not nor ever has been considering doing anything else)
3) Do what you want: online comments aren't going to change your voting behaviors, so if you end up coddling Republicans, you were always going to do so (though frankly I am skeptical you are even of legal voting age)

Im not gonna vote for Trump period, Im gonna write-in Mitt Romney for President if Bernie is the nominee
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #890 on: February 22, 2020, 08:27:12 PM »

Bernie says he'll win the Texas primary and in November. (And he introduces his wife as "the next first lady of the United States".)
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #891 on: February 22, 2020, 08:27:26 PM »

I'll say one thing about this caucus: Klobuchar is an idiot if she doesn't drop out after this. DNC primary losers hang on long past the point when their GOP equivalents have already taken the hint. It's like they don't even understand how their own party operates.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #892 on: February 22, 2020, 08:27:31 PM »

Sanders will get 34-35 % in the end when all is said and done regarding Nevada. That's HUGE. He has gone from 26 % in IA & NH into the Mid 30ties.

The Biden Campaign celebrating a 2nd Place which isn't confirmed is amusing!

Did Pete already claim "victory" for getting 2nd place?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #893 on: February 22, 2020, 08:27:53 PM »

Pete won Iowa by the measure that's been used for as long as I've been alive. This was the first year the Iowa Caucus even announced the popular vote.

Buttigieg won by the measure that is used to select the winner. Therefore, he is the winner. You can disagree with the measure that is used to select the winner, but that doesn't change the facts.

Congratulations to Sanders on his two victories. I sincerely congratulate him and his supporters on an achievement many never thought possible, but it is very offensive to see Sanders supporters claim a victory he didn't achieve. Especially when that victory was achieved by a gay man.

I wish Sanders and supporters would drop this particular spin. He has won two of the first three contests, he is the clear front runner, and he is very likely to get the Democratic nomination. Isn't that enough without taking away something from someone who won it fair and square?

As a gay man I'm offended by your offense.

As a gay man, I have every right to be offended by it.

According to the logic among many in this thread, straights won 74% of the delegates and so they're the real winners. :thonk:
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #894 on: February 22, 2020, 08:28:01 PM »

A link would be nice, but tbh I’m not sure if it will change much in terms of voting.
Let’s be honest, Elizabeth Warren is nearly/as liberal on healthcare but is seen as more moderate because of the way she frames her arguments/who she appeals to.
The policies weren’t the real problem, it was his rhetoric.
Still, I am glad he is considering adjusting for the GE, that was a major concern I had.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #895 on: February 22, 2020, 08:28:21 PM »

All you (or anybody in your party) needed to say really

That Trump wouldn't insult our allies every day , lash out on twitter every day, do what he did with Ukraine etc.

I like Trump's economic policies , his judicial record, and on immigration he isnt much different than first term Obama anyway

Again, all you needed to say: "I'm a Republican [but Trump is a meanie and I will vote for him while pretending to be 'concerned' anyway]" doesn't require a caveat or explanation. You're identical to everybody else in your party, so just embrace it and stop trying to think of yourself as holier-than-thou. Maybe you'll change your mind when the GOP starts rounding up all the rich Indians because they swung 10 points to the Democrats in 2020 or whatever.

Funny you bring that up like it isnt Trump and the Republicans supporting Mike Lee's Immigration Bill while Dems like Durbin blocked it.

Also Bernie has been opposed to high skilled immigration his entire career far more than the vast majority of Republican politicians even today
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #896 on: February 22, 2020, 08:28:44 PM »

Looks like all that remains for Bernie at this point is to slay the Beast of Bloomberg.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #897 on: February 22, 2020, 08:28:53 PM »

No offense OSR, I like you quite a lot

But it is very disappointing that you'd support a blank slate with Trump's policies. These policies are destructive, dangerous, and ripping America apart. It's not just the tweets.

Depends on what you mean by policy vs behavior.

Him lashing out on his allies, the Ukraine Scandal, putting yes men everywhere, dividing this nation in my opinion are not due to policies they are due to his behavior. If you look at it policy-wise:

On Economics and Judicial Picks: Trump is a standard conservative

On Immigration: He basically is first term Obama(his rhetoric is what is really bad on this issue and a professional Trump wouldnt do this)

On Trade: He got USCMA passed and I think we need to fight back against the Chinese hard

See Trump without his behavior would not be the Trump we know at all

That's a fraction of Trump's actions. Also...the tweets aren't dividing the nation. It's escalating ICE raids in our cities, a tax bill that targets blue states, appointing outright racists across government positions, and every budget he proposes is vicious (and punitive Wink ) and unnecessary cuts to social services. But if that's just standard conservatism....well I guess it is.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #898 on: February 22, 2020, 08:29:31 PM »

I'll say one thing about this caucus: Klobuchar is an idiot if she doesn't drop out after this. DNC primary losers hang on long past the point when their GOP equivalents have already taken the hint. It's like they don't even understand how their own party operates.

As much as I like Klobuchar, I agree that it's time for her to drop out and endorse one of the other moderates (preferably Biden).
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #899 on: February 22, 2020, 08:29:42 PM »

Sorry guys. It was a fake wapo account

I apologize for falling for it. A legit journalist I follow retweeted it which is why I thought it was real

I’m sorry for not checking for the blue check mark

Noooooooo

Wwwwhyyyyy
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies