NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:08:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 58
Author Topic: NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)  (Read 51933 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: February 22, 2020, 06:26:38 PM »

Klobuchar was always the Veep choice, the Teachers Union is the strongest backers in the Dem party and put to rest that Bernie cant win WI, actually,  he was performing better than Hillary. The third party support went to Gary Johnson
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #676 on: February 22, 2020, 06:27:23 PM »

Besides winning MN by 5%, what else is Klobuchar hoping for at this point?

Alabama, Arkansas, Maine, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Virginia, North Dakota, and others.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #677 on: February 22, 2020, 06:28:12 PM »

I'm surprised Chris Matthews doesn't like Sanders.

Sanders is coming down to earth. Under 35% in the first round and at 42% in the final round now. So much for the "60%".

Where are you getting those results from?
musicblind
United States

« Reply #678 on: February 22, 2020, 06:28:46 PM »

To be fair, the process of including all early votes into this, then making sure all the realignments are done correctly, is much more involved than what was done in Iowa. Big picture: simple math, involved process. Requires people who can follow instructions well. I still trust Nevada over Iowa in this regard.

In my opinion, that's just more reason every state should switch to primaries.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #679 on: February 22, 2020, 06:29:26 PM »

Even suburban areas Sanders is running well in.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #680 on: February 22, 2020, 06:30:24 PM »

Sanders is coming down to earth. Under 35% in the first round and at 42% in the final round now. So much for the "60%".

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/state/nevada

Also, here's a thread of anecdotal but interesting reports of a Warren surge on the election day vs early vote:

atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #681 on: February 22, 2020, 06:30:52 PM »

Purple heart

Sanders voted against comprehensive immigration reform, and his M4A and Green New Deal proposals are so expensive and far-fetched that they are far less likely to get passed than the plans of other candidates.  Meaning on all three of her issues, Sanders is the least likely candidate to actually enact positive change.

So I personally find a good number of Sanders' plans somewhat unrealistic, but one of Trump's major campaign points was also unrealistic (building a big beautiful wall along the Mexican border AND Mexico will pay for it).  

All I'm saying is that I'm not sure how much "unrealistic plans" affect whole-scale voting in today's political climate, though it might be different for Republicans vs. Democrats.  

The wall though costs around 50 billion while Bernie’s plan costs more than 60 trillion . Trump actually could have got the wall passed if he wanted to but it’s just that he likes it more as a political issue rather than a policy one
Well, The GOP wants to build a wall, while Bernie wants everyone to be covered by healthcare insurance, takes care of the climate and incentivize millions of workers with a new deal, and while the GND costs a lot, it will also be good for the economy and yield earnings. Climate change should be no.1 priority. Scale back military costs, and increase tariffs, taxes on the rich and multinationals and we have the money.

I agree it isn't likely to be enacted, but sometimes a presidency is about prestige rather than ideas. Sanders as president would be a political revolution, which will dramatically change the Democratic Party, inspire young people, expand the progressive caucus and that's what we want.

64 trillion over 10 years isn’t at all possible though

If Sanders just taxes the Top 1% at an effective tax rate of 200% then he can pay for his health care plan. Simple! I did enjoy this tweet:
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #682 on: February 22, 2020, 06:31:07 PM »

But will the general election be yours?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #683 on: February 22, 2020, 06:31:19 PM »

TV stations have more numbers than NYT. MSNBC are at 10%.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #684 on: February 22, 2020, 06:32:25 PM »

Yeah, lets keep in mind that Reno and Las Vegas came in first. The rural areas are coming in last. Sanders tends to get his best support in the big cities.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #685 on: February 22, 2020, 06:32:41 PM »

Purple heart

Sanders voted against comprehensive immigration reform, and his M4A and Green New Deal proposals are so expensive and far-fetched that they are far less likely to get passed than the plans of other candidates.  Meaning on all three of her issues, Sanders is the least likely candidate to actually enact positive change.

So I personally find a good number of Sanders' plans somewhat unrealistic, but one of Trump's major campaign points was also unrealistic (building a big beautiful wall along the Mexican border AND Mexico will pay for it).  

All I'm saying is that I'm not sure how much "unrealistic plans" affect whole-scale voting in today's political climate, though it might be different for Republicans vs. Democrats.  

The wall though costs around 50 billion while Bernie’s plan costs more than 60 trillion . Trump actually could have got the wall passed if he wanted to but it’s just that he likes it more as a political issue rather than a policy one
Well, The GOP wants to build a wall, while Bernie wants everyone to be covered by healthcare insurance, takes care of the climate and incentivize millions of workers with a new deal, and while the GND costs a lot, it will also be good for the economy and yield earnings. Climate change should be no.1 priority. Scale back military costs, and increase tariffs, taxes on the rich and multinationals and we have the money.

I agree it isn't likely to be enacted, but sometimes a presidency is about prestige rather than ideas. Sanders as president would be a political revolution, which will dramatically change the Democratic Party, inspire young people, expand the progressive caucus and that's what we want.

If Sanders just taxes the Top 1% at an effective tax rate of 200% then he can pay for his health care plan. Simple! I did enjoy this tweet:

That's not how marginal tax rates work.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #686 on: February 22, 2020, 06:33:19 PM »

Absolutely.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #687 on: February 22, 2020, 06:33:44 PM »

Purple heart

Sanders voted against comprehensive immigration reform, and his M4A and Green New Deal proposals are so expensive and far-fetched that they are far less likely to get passed than the plans of other candidates.  Meaning on all three of her issues, Sanders is the least likely candidate to actually enact positive change.

You seriously believe Charlie Kirk on Sander's tax plan?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #688 on: February 22, 2020, 06:33:56 PM »

Yeah, lets keep in mind that Reno and Las Vegas came in first. The rural areas are coming in last. Sanders tends to get his best support in the big cities.

70% of the vote is in Clark County. If you're waiting for the nuclear wasteland of rural Nevada to push Biden over the top, you shouldn't hold your breath.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #689 on: February 22, 2020, 06:35:19 PM »

How so? Why can Sanders win the GE despite showing weakness in suburban areas?
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #690 on: February 22, 2020, 06:36:05 PM »

He's showing zero weakness in suburban areas.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #691 on: February 22, 2020, 06:36:28 PM »

Purple heart

First off, Charlie Kirk (and you) does not appear to understand the concept of marginal tax rates which we have in the US. Second... what does this have to do with NV caucus results? Seriously?
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #692 on: February 22, 2020, 06:37:33 PM »

70% of the vote is in Clark County. If you're waiting for the nuclear wasteland of rural Nevada to push Biden over the top, you shouldn't hold your breath.

I'm not a Biden supporter. I'm a Klobuchar supporter. Sanders is going to obviously win, but by how much? Rural areas can bring the margin down potentially. Remember, this is a race about delegates.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #693 on: February 22, 2020, 06:38:06 PM »

CNN now has county delegates at:

Sanders 29%
Warren 19%
Biden 17%
Buttigieg 17%
Klobuchar 9%
Steyer 7%

Only 1% in though
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #694 on: February 22, 2020, 06:38:56 PM »

That's a denial of reality.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #695 on: February 22, 2020, 06:39:10 PM »

This is almost as slow as Iowa.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #696 on: February 22, 2020, 06:39:28 PM »

CNN now has county delegates at:

Sanders 29%
Warren 19%
Biden 17%
Buttigieg 17%
Klobuchar 9%
Steyer 7%

Only 1% in though

MSNBC has these same results, from the Nevada Democratic Party.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #697 on: February 22, 2020, 06:39:39 PM »

Then show me this reality where Bernie is showing weakness in the suburbs to Trump of all people?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #698 on: February 22, 2020, 06:40:14 PM »

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/state/nevada

Also, here's a thread of anecdotal but interesting reports of a Warren surge on the election day vs early vote:

How is he "coming down" when you're comparing 10% in vs 1% final? That's about where he started too.

Let's let the thing run its course.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #699 on: February 22, 2020, 06:40:57 PM »

CNN reporting that precinct workers are getting busy signals. The backup plan is to text a picture of the tally sheet and also drive the tally sheet to the office. The backup plans are helping, allegedly.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies