NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:32:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 58
Author Topic: NV Caucus Results Thread (doors close at 2 CT)  (Read 51979 times)
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: February 22, 2020, 06:15:16 PM »

Oh, this thread is a flame war again? Okay, back to New Vegas with me.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #651 on: February 22, 2020, 06:15:33 PM »

Why is it taking so long to get official results from the Nevada Democratic Party?

NYT's is reporting just 3% of the vote in.

By this point in 2016 we had 75% of the vote in.

What's going on?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #652 on: February 22, 2020, 06:16:27 PM »

Oh, this thread is a flame war again? Okay, back to New Vegas with me.

You think so? Seems as though things have calmed down in the past hour -- just normal Atlas back-and-forth right now. 
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #653 on: February 22, 2020, 06:16:49 PM »

Yup, and so people have to consider if they'd rather have whoever Sanders picks as VP or Trump. And when people start thinking about that, now they have to be on board with Sanders and on board with his VP. That will lose some supporters. The chance of Sanders having a health issue during the campaign season even is very possible, and then there's a fairly good chance he wouldn't make it through the 1st Term. If he did, he's be an 83 year-old running for re-election and there would be a good chance he'd die before his second term was over because it wouldn't end until he was around 87 years-old.

The chance of Trump having health issues is probably higher than the chance of Bernie having health issues. Perhaps in one of the debates they should have an athletic competition.

You're delusional. Bernie just had a heart attack. Trump hasn't had any issues.

Trump literally had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital...

No, he didn't. That was false speculation. He had no chest pains and underwent no cardiac or neurological evaluations. He went in for preventative medical care.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #654 on: February 22, 2020, 06:17:00 PM »

Why is it taking so long to get official results from the Nevada Democratic Party?

What's going on?
CNN has 9%
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #655 on: February 22, 2020, 06:17:18 PM »

Bernie Sanders is winning 47% of Hispanic moderates/conservatives in the entrance poll (on MSNBC)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #656 on: February 22, 2020, 06:17:24 PM »

What's going on?

I'd like to think that everybody is just crossing their "t's" and dotting their "i's", but Iowa has made everybody rather uneasy.  
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #657 on: February 22, 2020, 06:17:34 PM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #658 on: February 22, 2020, 06:18:37 PM »

It's glorious watching James Carville, Joy Reid, and Chris Matthews cry on MSNBC.

Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #659 on: February 22, 2020, 06:19:52 PM »

An exhausted looking Chris Matthews is on MSNBC right now talking about the moderate lane "cutting the cards" so one candidate from that lane will become the alternative to Sanders' "revolutionary lane". Pretty desperate stuff.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #660 on: February 22, 2020, 06:20:40 PM »

Besides winning MN by 5%, what else is Klobuchar hoping for at this point?
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #661 on: February 22, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »

It's glorious watching James Carville, Joy Reid, and Chris Matthews cry on MSNBC.

At least he has a sense of humor about it.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #662 on: February 22, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »

Getting her foot in the door for a future run?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #663 on: February 22, 2020, 06:21:53 PM »

Purple heart

Sanders voted against comprehensive immigration reform, and his M4A and Green New Deal proposals are so expensive and far-fetched that they are far less likely to get passed than the plans of other candidates.  Meaning on all three of her issues, Sanders is the least likely candidate to actually enact positive change.

So I personally find a good number of Sanders' plans somewhat unrealistic, but one of Trump's major campaign points was also unrealistic (building a big beautiful wall along the Mexican border AND Mexico will pay for it).  

All I'm saying is that I'm not sure how much "unrealistic plans" affect whole-scale voting in today's political climate, though it might be different for Republicans vs. Democrats.  

The wall though costs around 50 billion while Bernie’s plan costs more than 60 trillion . Trump actually could have got the wall passed if he wanted to but it’s just that he likes it more as a political issue rather than a policy one
Well, The GOP wants to build a wall, while Bernie wants everyone to be covered by healthcare insurance, takes care of the climate and incentivize millions of workers with a new deal, and while the GND costs a lot, it will also be good for the economy and yield earnings. Climate change should be no.1 priority. Scale back military costs, and increase tariffs, taxes on the rich and multinationals and we have the money.

I agree it isn't likely to be enacted, but sometimes a presidency is about prestige rather than ideas. Sanders as president would be a political revolution, which will dramatically change the Democratic Party, inspire young people, expand the progressive caucus and that's what we want.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #664 on: February 22, 2020, 06:21:59 PM »

F**king hell.
That argument that the dumb Spanish-speaking paisanos are too ignorant to know who to vote for without their woketariat English-speaking kids manipulating and coercing them...Christ. And this from the "uwu rainbow coalition" sector of the party!
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #665 on: February 22, 2020, 06:22:23 PM »

Buttigieg and Klobuchar are doomed anywhere that isn't New England or the upper Midwest.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #666 on: February 22, 2020, 06:22:54 PM »

What's going on?
CNN has 9%

Wolf Blitzer also just lamented that not a single one of those votes is officially from the Nevada Democratic Party.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #667 on: February 22, 2020, 06:23:38 PM »

Angling for VP. A Sanders/Klobuchar ticket would actually be very strong.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #668 on: February 22, 2020, 06:24:54 PM »

Purple heart

Sanders voted against comprehensive immigration reform, and his M4A and Green New Deal proposals are so expensive and far-fetched that they are far less likely to get passed than the plans of other candidates.  Meaning on all three of her issues, Sanders is the least likely candidate to actually enact positive change.

So I personally find a good number of Sanders' plans somewhat unrealistic, but one of Trump's major campaign points was also unrealistic (building a big beautiful wall along the Mexican border AND Mexico will pay for it).  

All I'm saying is that I'm not sure how much "unrealistic plans" affect whole-scale voting in today's political climate, though it might be different for Republicans vs. Democrats.  

The wall though costs around 50 billion while Bernie’s plan costs more than 60 trillion . Trump actually could have got the wall passed if he wanted to but it’s just that he likes it more as a political issue rather than a policy one

Uh oh, OSR.  Are we actually disagreeing on something? Tongue

I wasn't just referring to the cost.  The zoning, the construction, the legal battles  (not to mention the "Mexico will pay for it" tagline) made it (and still make it) an unrealistically ambitious project.  

Where we find common ground is that yes, it was just as much a symbolic political posture than an actual tangible object.  

The Mexico paying for it was bs but the wall it self wasn’t. The Dems offered full funding for the wall as long as Trump restores DACA , but he said no cause he wasn’t actually interested in the wall.

Bernie actually believes in all these things and will declare war on Dems who oppose his policies and has said so
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #669 on: February 22, 2020, 06:25:00 PM »

I'm surprised Chris Matthews doesn't like Sanders.

Sanders is coming down to earth. Under 35% in the first round and at 42% in the final round now. So much for the "60%".
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #670 on: February 22, 2020, 06:25:25 PM »

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #671 on: February 22, 2020, 06:25:46 PM »

Nothing. Her fate is to drop out after MN. 5th in both NV and likely SC isn't recoverable when your best showing before super Tuesday was 2nd in NH. The question is if she can sustain until then.

Similarly, I wouldn't be surprised if Warren drops out tonight or tomorrow.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #672 on: February 22, 2020, 06:26:08 PM »

Before we know it, the party will be ours.
dax00

« Reply #673 on: February 22, 2020, 06:26:17 PM »

To be fair, the process of including all early votes into this, then making sure all the realignments are done correctly, is much more involved than what was done in Iowa. Big picture: simple math, involved process. Requires people who can follow instructions well. I still trust Nevada over Iowa in this regard.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #674 on: February 22, 2020, 06:26:34 PM »

Purple heart

Well, The GOP wants to build a wall, while Bernie wants everyone to be covered by healthcare insurance, takes care of the climate and incentivize millions of workers with a new deal, and while the GND costs a lot, it will also be good for the economy and yield earnings. Climate change should be no.1 priority. Scale back military costs, and increase tariffs, taxes on the rich and multinationals and we have the money.

I agree it isn't likely to be enacted, but sometimes a presidency is about prestige rather than ideas. Sanders as president would be a political revolution, which will dramatically change the Democratic Party, inspire young people, expand the progressive caucus and that's what we want.

64 trillion over 10 years isn’t at all possible though
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies