Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 06:13:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 155
Author Topic: Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)  (Read 154500 times)
Almost Anyone But Biden Or Trump (ABBoT but not Greg Abbott)
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: February 04, 2020, 12:35:45 AM »

Sooo (if true) how likely is it that there has always been a widespread problem with idiot precinct captains not knowing how to follow the caucus rules and do the proper math, but we’re just now finding out about it this year because the IDP decided to report the popular vote numbers?

It was always a problem and it WAS known and reported in previous years, ACTUALLY. It is always a problem in caucuses that precinct chairs don't always end up knowing how to run them correctly and do the math correctly. The reality is that not everyone is that great with semi-complicated rules and not everyone is all that great at math.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1501 on: February 04, 2020, 12:35:51 AM »

I honestly don't think current leftists have the IQ to properly run a caucus or advanced voting technology at this point.

All reports are that the Bernie app worked fine. It's the non leftists who screwed up.

Well all reports also are that the delay is due to the ridiculously complex counting system newly instituted, which was instituted solely to appease Bernie people after their complaints about the 2016 caucus.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1502 on: February 04, 2020, 12:36:17 AM »

Pete is delivering a victory speech.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1503 on: February 04, 2020, 12:36:39 AM »

WOW.

It's okay guys, even if the Russians didn't hack anything and all the unnecessary apps haf worked, it was amateur hour in Iowa so the caucus was totally ruined anyways!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1504 on: February 04, 2020, 12:37:31 AM »

I honestly don't think current leftists have the IQ to properly run a caucus or advanced voting technology at this point.

All reports are that the Bernie app worked fine. It's the non leftists who screwed up.

Well all reports also are that the delay is due to the ridiculously complex counting system newly instituted, which was instituted solely to appease Bernie people after their complaints about the 2016 caucus.

Please proceed with your argument that Bernie broke the Democratic party.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #1505 on: February 04, 2020, 12:37:59 AM »

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1506 on: February 04, 2020, 12:38:10 AM »

After this, the Iowa caucus, at least on the democratic side, is going bye bye. This is it's one, terrible, pathetic, last stand.

I hope you're right. The Iowa caucus should have been nullified years ago. I don't see what's so "undemocratic" about picking up a paper ballot and filling in a circle next to the candidate you support and then submitting your ballot.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1507 on: February 04, 2020, 12:38:20 AM »

If true, the worst case scenario really did happen. This is like the common core, the parcc test, of presidential politics. A failure to be taken example of.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1508 on: February 04, 2020, 12:40:00 AM »

NYT:

Sheera Frenkel, in San Francisco Just now

Cybersecurity experts have expressed concern that the results-reporting app had not been vetted by independent experts before being launched in Iowa.

Is there anything that didn't go wrong?

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1509 on: February 04, 2020, 12:40:43 AM »

NYT:

Sheera Frenkel, in San Francisco Just now

Cybersecurity experts have expressed concern that the results-reporting app had not been vetted by independent experts before being launched in Iowa.

Is there anything that didn't go wrong?

The DNC doesn't need hackers to go FUBAR.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #1510 on: February 04, 2020, 12:41:31 AM »

Caucuses are a mistake.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #1511 on: February 04, 2020, 12:41:56 AM »

Okay, so I fell asleep unfortunately. I woke up a few times and it just kept saying delayed and I fell back asleep. I just woke up and there are no results but Pete Buttigieg is giving an annoying speech like he just won the Presidential election. I'm seeing your comments and it sounds like everything was f**ked up. Can someone please tell me what in the hell is going on!?!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1512 on: February 04, 2020, 12:42:17 AM »

For four years I've had to listen to Democrats talk about "election rigging" and "hacking" and "Irregularities" ect ect. Boy if it ain't karma.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1513 on: February 04, 2020, 12:42:42 AM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1514 on: February 04, 2020, 12:43:04 AM »

Pete got so, so screwed. He could have had an Obamaesque ascendency tonight. And now he's got to go out there and give a muddled "victory speech" in a sea of other speeches trying to do the exact same thing. He's not my candidate of choice, but he could have been something special.

ZERO momentum and years of hard work wasted.

I'm still preparing for a close race for second with Warren given the viability failure in urban areas. But this clearly the best speech of the night, and it's a side of Buttigieg I haven't really seen much before and that you wouldn't get from debate clips. A lot of chills watching this, very much like 08. He was fired up and ready to fight on after a victory.

Sanders' speech was solid too in case anyone wasn't already convinced on his platform and readiness for a GE. But I'm so glad Pete got to tell his story. Too bad it wasn't an hour earlier with results.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1515 on: February 04, 2020, 12:43:20 AM »

There is a contingent within the Democratic Party's cadres that would genuinely rather have eight years of Trump than four of Bernie or Warren, and at this point, while I don't think this is the case, I would not be at all surprised to hear that these people have engineered this mess to some end.
Bulls**t. This is seriously reckless rhetoric to throw around, and there is no place for conspiracy theorists in the Democrat party.
Why does hearing the harsh truth have you so triggered though?
Because I've had enough of baseless lies eroding faith in our institutions over the past four years, and Democrats cannot allow unsubstantiated bulls**t like this to mess up our party unity again. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE for this, and it's important to call it out before it spreads. You should be ashamed of buying into this crap.

Yes. The lack of specific evidence for this is why I don't think that it's the case. Do you want to just read my original post over again, or do I have to restate it in small words?
The ad-hominem aside, of course I read it. I just think even bringing up the idea without rationale that it could be rigged is extremely dangerous and should not be done at all.

Yeah, never question the party.  The party knows what's best and can do no wrong.

Seriously.  You guys are more like commies than actual tankies.

I hope you realize that there needs to be extra caution taken when making allegations of voter fraud etc given what happened in 2016.

If you think that Blairite and I were making an argument that you cannot question the party at all as opposed to an argument that that questioning should be based in evidence, then you are truly delusional.

Given the number of folks recommending your comment and what I’ve seen elsewhere on this forum lately, I’m afraid that delusion is spreading quickly on these boards.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1516 on: February 04, 2020, 12:43:30 AM »

It's weird to call it a night with absolutely no idea what the results really are, but apparently that's where we're at, so g'night all. Maybe we'll have results by this time tomorrow!
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #1517 on: February 04, 2020, 12:43:40 AM »

Okay, so I fell asleep unfortunately. I woke up a few times and it just kept saying delayed and I fell back asleep. I just woke up and there are no results but Pete Buttigieg is giving an annoying speech like he just won the Presidential election. I'm seeing your comments and it sounds like everything was f**ked up. Can someone please tell me what in the hell is going on!?!

We have no results but everyone gave a victory speech, though Pete's is the most unequivocal.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1518 on: February 04, 2020, 12:43:47 AM »

Widespread problems and discrepancies in counting have caused major delays, resulting in no real results other than a few here there.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1519 on: February 04, 2020, 12:43:57 AM »

This is annoying.

Pete clearly won tonight and gave a superb victory speech.

But the Democratic Party of Iowa is full of incompetents, so his momentum will likely not carry over into NH because of it.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1520 on: February 04, 2020, 12:44:46 AM »

I have to say, even with their 89 potential primary results, FiveThirtyEight still somehow missed this scenario.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #1521 on: February 04, 2020, 12:46:16 AM »

It's weird to call it a night with absolutely no idea what the results really are, but apparently that's where we're at, so g'night all. Maybe we'll have results by this time tomorrow!

Don't count on it. If I've learned anything about elections over the years it's that once things go a little wrong they really struggle to get back on track.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1522 on: February 04, 2020, 12:46:28 AM »

This is annoying.

Pete clearly won tonight and gave a superb victory speech.

But the Democratic Party of Iowa is full of incompetents.

Pete did not "clearly win." We know nothing. All we can do is wait.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1523 on: February 04, 2020, 12:46:58 AM »

Buttigieg going full Rubio.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1524 on: February 04, 2020, 12:47:12 AM »