Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:24:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 155
Author Topic: Iowa Caucus Results Thread (pg 148 - full results)  (Read 153607 times)
Lourdes
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: February 04, 2020, 12:21:33 AM »

This feels like an episode of House of Cards. Absolutely surreal.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1451 on: February 04, 2020, 12:21:38 AM »

Sydney Ember, reporting from Des Moines 2m ago

The party is attempting to verify results reported on the app by getting cellphone camera screenshots of the paper worksheets at each precinct site.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1452 on: February 04, 2020, 12:21:50 AM »

There is a contingent within the Democratic Party's cadres that would genuinely rather have eight years of Trump than four of Bernie or Warren, and at this point, while I don't think this is the case, I would not be at all surprised to hear that these people have engineered this mess to some end.
Bulls**t. This is seriously reckless rhetoric to throw around, and there is no place for conspiracy theorists in the Democrat party.
Why does hearing the harsh truth have you so triggered though?
Because I've had enough of baseless lies eroding faith in our institutions over the past four years, and Democrats cannot allow unsubstantiated bulls**t like this to mess up our party unity again. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE for this, and it's important to call it out before it spreads. You should be ashamed of buying into this crap.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #1453 on: February 04, 2020, 12:22:14 AM »

Tom Perez should call an emergency meeting of the DNC tonight to expel the Iowa delegation from the convention entirely.

Because completely disenfranchising an entire state is the appropriate response to bad planning and logistical errors. 🙄
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1454 on: February 04, 2020, 12:22:20 AM »

This is a conspiracy theory and would be harmful to our democracy if it is popularized with zero evidence.

Questioning the legitimacy of what's going on tonight is what would be "harmful to our democracy"? Not upholding it? Seriously?

Absolutely. You have zero evidence to prompt such questions. You’re purely speculating without evidence. That kind of behavior puts the integrity of our systems into question unnecessarily. It’s something that Trump does too often and you should stop doing unless you’re ready to produce some evidence.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1455 on: February 04, 2020, 12:22:28 AM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1456 on: February 04, 2020, 12:22:43 AM »

The guy who invented apps (also running as a write-up candidate for best supporting actor) has spoken. New York winning big league tonight. Our guys are undefeated!

Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1457 on: February 04, 2020, 12:22:48 AM »

If the DNC thinks responding to the accusation of fraud with "your a conspiracy theorist for suggesting that - in reality, we're simply too stupid to run a caucus properly" is a good idea then, well...

Who will be Pence's running-mate in 2024?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1458 on: February 04, 2020, 12:22:56 AM »

I honestly don't think current leftists have the IQ to properly run a caucus or advanced voting technology at this point.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #1459 on: February 04, 2020, 12:23:08 AM »

There is a contingent within the Democratic Party's cadres that would genuinely rather have eight years of Trump than four of Bernie or Warren, and at this point, while I don't think this is the case, I would not be at all surprised to hear that these people have engineered this mess to some end.
Bulls**t. This is seriously reckless rhetoric to throw around, and there is no place for conspiracy theorists in the Democrat party.
Did you agree with Hillary Clinton when she called Tulsi a Russian asset?
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #1460 on: February 04, 2020, 12:23:21 AM »

I think everyone would be happier if IAD played this on their hold line https://youtu.be/mRzdt5OkpSA
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1461 on: February 04, 2020, 12:23:33 AM »

Between allegations from the Biden camp, Warren camp, and allegations from twitter, these caucuses sound like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse sh**tshows.

What a ing joke.

A horrible gaffe by the DNC and Iowa Democratic Party. End this ing mess of a primary once and for all.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1462 on: February 04, 2020, 12:24:03 AM »

Tom Perez should call an emergency meeting of the DNC tonight to expel the Iowa delegation from the convention entirely.

Because completely disenfranchising an entire state is the appropriate response to bad planning and logistical errors. 🙄

That’s what they did in the past when states tried to schedule their primaries too early.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1463 on: February 04, 2020, 12:24:10 AM »

I'm not a Democrat, and Bernie isn't even my preferred candidate. If you can honestly say you'd be genuinely surprised to hear that there was some angle to this literally unprecedented incompetence on the part of the IADP, then, well, good for you.

This is a conspiracy theory and would be harmful to our democracy if it is popularized with zero evidence. You should be ashamed of yourself.
LOL. People aren't allowed to say "I'm fairly confident the Democrats DID NOT DO THIS INTENTIONALLY, but they're so corrupt that it wouldn't blow my mind if it ended up being true"? You need to take a step back and understand that the DNC is not above criticism, especially in America where the First Amendment exists. Chill out.
Nope.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1464 on: February 04, 2020, 12:24:17 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2020, 12:26:29 AM by YE »

Why does hearing the harsh truth have you so triggered though?
Because I've had enough of baseless lies eroding faith in our institutions over the past four years, and Democrats cannot allow unsubstantiated bulls**t like this to mess up our party unity again. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE for this, and it's important to call it out before it spreads. You should be ashamed of buying into this crap.

Yes. The lack of specific evidence for this is why I don't think that it's the case. Do you want to just read my original post over again, or do I have to restate it in small words?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1465 on: February 04, 2020, 12:24:21 AM »

Pete has a row of AA women behind him...how transparent can you be?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1466 on: February 04, 2020, 12:25:05 AM »

On CNN they were just saying that the Warren campaign had reports from voters who were complaining that many precinct chairs were getting the math wrong, and not correctly calculating the viability thresholds from first alignment to final alignment.

So what I'm wondering here is, independent of any problems with the app, is the big problem here that the matching between initial and final alignment numbers is terrible, and once they put out both sets of numbers on a precinct-by-precinct basis, people will realize how terrible it is, and so they want to figure out how to save face?  In this reading of things, it's quite possible that the math in going from initial to final alignment has *always* been terrible in past caucuses.  It's just that no one was ever able to audit those numbers because only the SDEs were ever reported.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1467 on: February 04, 2020, 12:25:23 AM »

Buttigieg and Bernie both claiming victory is a perfect caricature of this horrible mess of a party.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1468 on: February 04, 2020, 12:25:42 AM »

In Buttigieg's speech had all his African American female supporters (the demographic he needs for South Carolina) set up to stand directly behind him so they would get picked up in the cameras. But the problem is he doesn't have enough African American female supporters to fill the stage area behind him, so he had to put some white women there as well in the 2nd row (only enough Black women Buttigieg supporters left after filling the first row to put 1 in the 2nd row).
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1469 on: February 04, 2020, 12:25:44 AM »

Did you agree with Hillary Clinton when she called Tulsi a Russian asset?
Yes.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #1470 on: February 04, 2020, 12:26:10 AM »

Sooo (if true) how likely is it that there has always been a widespread problem with idiot precinct captains not knowing how to follow the caucus rules and do the proper math, but we’re just now finding out about it this year because the IDP decided to report the popular vote numbers?
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #1471 on: February 04, 2020, 12:26:30 AM »

I truly despise Pete Buttigieg and his breathless platitudes. I hate him and I hate his fanbase of elderly voters who think he's "such a lovely young man".  
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #1472 on: February 04, 2020, 12:26:36 AM »

That’s what they did in the past when states tried to schedule their primaries too early.

Being stupid in the past isn't an excuse for being stupid now. Threaten it and carry out if needed if this happens again, but don't punish the average voter for the incompetence of those running the system.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1473 on: February 04, 2020, 12:26:57 AM »

This is a conspiracy theory and would be harmful to our democracy if it is popularized with zero evidence.

Questioning the legitimacy of what's going on tonight is what would be "harmful to our democracy"? Not upholding it? Seriously?

Absolutely. You have zero evidence to prompt such questions. You’re purely speculating without evidence. That kind of behavior puts the integrity of our systems into question unnecessarily. It’s something that Trump does too often and you should stop doing unless you’re ready to produce some evidence.
Did you seriously not pay attention to the 2016 Democratic Primary? The DNC is an objectively corrupt and biased organization.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1474 on: February 04, 2020, 12:27:21 AM »

I truly despise Pete Buttigieg and his breathless platitudes. I hate him and I hate his fanbase of elderly voters who think he's "such a lovely young man".  

Better get used to him now.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 155  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies