Trump mocks John and Debbie Dingell at Michigan rally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:20:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump mocks John and Debbie Dingell at Michigan rally
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Trump mocks John and Debbie Dingell at Michigan rally  (Read 5935 times)
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2019, 07:38:11 AM »

The audience was clearly not amused.

That was some messed up sh**t, made me want to throw up

Trump will get flak for this, and he's (once again) brought it on himself. 

On the other hand, Trump has not been treated with any sort of fairness for five (5) minutes.  "Obstruction of Congress"Huh  Give me a break.

Are you incapable of making a single half-decent post without completely invalidating it in the second half?

I could argue that you've never made a HALF-decent post, by that logic.

Quote from: Obama's Wingman Eric Holder
“It is time for us as Democrats to be as tough as they are, to be as dedicated as they are, to be as committed as they are.  Michelle [Obama] says ‘when they go low, we go high.’ No. When they go low we kick them.”

I mean think about it:  Here's a person that his political opponents have been calling a Russian asset, a traitor, a neo-Nazi, and doing so routinely.  They have openly taken the strategy of "refusing to normalize" Trump.  They have been routinely referring to him as a "dictator" and worse.  They have openly planned to impeach him before he even took office.  This has never happened to any President, and the media, which was rarely capable of even thoughtful criticism of Obama, announced that the impeachment process had begun on the day he was inaugurated.  And none of THAT has been justified.  None of it.

So let change begin with you.  You go first.

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2019, 07:56:08 AM »

Trump needs an intervention. What a piece of sun bleached sh-t.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2019, 08:39:28 AM »

Debbie’s response-

Two wrongs don't make a right, and Trump was wrong for making that statement.

That being said, this impeachment is a sham.  There is no Constitiutional basis for impeaching Trump.  One may find reasons to not vote for Trump in the endless words of the various reports, but there is not a high crime or misdemeanor documented.

Debbie Dingell didn't rise above politics.  She's all about politics.  That doesn't make her an HP, but we are all out of statesmen and stateswomen.  As for John Dingell:  "De mortuis, nil nisi bonum."  Perhaps Trump would do well to bone up on Latin.

"Trump was wrong for shooting that person dead in the street.  That said, there's no Constitutional basis for his removal."
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2019, 09:26:26 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2019, 10:36:26 AM by Secretary of Billionaire Affairs Pete Buttigieg ($-IN) »

Truly a vile, disgusting, heartless man who does not know what it means to love or be loved. Anyone equivocating on this comment (or any of the other equally disturbing comments this man has made) is morally bankrupt and should not consider themselves a person of faith.

Edit: just imagine an alternate universe where President Hillary Clinton says John McCain was "looking up" as the GOP tried to go to war with Iran.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2019, 10:04:47 AM »

Modern presidential.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2019, 10:32:18 AM »

On the other hand, Trump has not been treated with any sort of fairness for five (5) minutes.  "Obstruction of Congress"Huh  Give me a break.

Are you incapable of making a single half-decent post without completely invalidating it in the second half?

“It is time for us as Democrats to be as tough as they are, to be as dedicated as they are, to be as committed as they are.  Michelle [Obama] says ‘when they go low, we go high.’ No. When they go low we kick them.”

I mean think about it:  Here's a person that his political opponents have been calling a Russian asset, a traitor, a neo-Nazi, and doing so routinely.  They have openly taken the strategy of "refusing to normalize" Trump.  They have been routinely referring to him as a "dictator" and worse.  They have openly planned to impeach him before he even took office.  This has never happened to any President, and the media, which was rarely capable of even thoughtful criticism of Obama, announced that the impeachment process had begun on the day he was inaugurated.  And none of THAT has been justified.  None of it.

Trump has been treated differently than other presidents because he is an abhorrent individual who has behaved worse than any president before him. You have to give respect to get it. Trump respects no one, so it’s pretty hypocritical whenever he and his supporters start whining about how he gets no respect.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2019, 11:23:04 AM »

Trump has been treated differently than other presidents because he is an abhorrent individual who has behaved worse than any president before him. You have to give respect to get it. Trump respects no one, so it’s pretty hypocritical whenever he and his supporters start whining about how he gets no respect.

Exactly.

You can’t expect praise when you do absolutely everything you can to alienate people.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2019, 12:29:22 PM »

Holy crap. The whataboutism from blue avs in this thread is incredible.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2019, 12:32:18 PM »

If anything the media constantly grade Trump on a curve. If any other president said 1/10ths of the things he says on a daily basis there would be two-hour segments about his mental health.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2019, 12:37:15 PM »

Sometimes we lose sight of just what horrible person he truly is.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2019, 12:43:51 PM »

When you become conservative do you have to take a pill that results in you having no self awareness? I mean JFC are you just going to ignore how the right acted under Obama? He routinely was compared to dictators, called a secret Muslims terrorist sympathizer, and faced historical levels of obstruction from the congressional gop that reached its peak with Garland
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2019, 12:47:15 PM »

Holy crap. The whataboutism from blue avs in this thread is incredible.

It's all they have. Sad that instead of simply acknowledging the obvious reality that Trump is a horrible person, they resort to whataboutism and "yeah, he goes a bit far sometimes but who doesn't lol." Tribalism really is a stronger force than critical thinking.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2019, 12:54:04 PM »

W H A T A B O U T I S M
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »

W H A T A B O U T I S M
Let's take this logic and mindset and apply it elsewhere to see if it has any merit:

"I mean think about it:  Here's a person that his political opponents have been calling an egotistical megalomaniac, a stain on Germany, a cold-blooded killer, and doing so routinely.  They have openly taken the strategy of "refusing to normalize" Hitler.  They have been routinely referring to him as a "devil" and worse.  They have openly planned to assassinate him before he even took office.  This has never happened to any kaiser, and the media, which was rarely capable of even thoughtful criticism of previous kaisers, announced that the assassination attempts had begun on the day he was inaugurated.  And none of THAT has been justified.  None of it.

So let change begin with you.  You go first."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2019, 01:39:20 PM »

Whoever supports this man supports evil. There is no way around it.

And yet we have Evangelicals, in this very forum no less, that create excuses and deflections for the vile and hateful comment made by their Orange God.
Who would have thought?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2019, 01:41:09 PM »

What do you expect from a guy who mocked a disabled reporter and gold star families and who openly said John McCain would rot in hell for voting against Obamacare repeal? It's obvious this guy is deplorable (to put it in very nice terms).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2019, 02:02:10 PM »

Trump is just like Palin, when they know that they are losing, they double down, instead of being remorseful.  Clinton apologized to the country after being impeachment,  Trump would have been served right, to follow Clinton remorseful.  Not admit guilt, but for putting country thru the process . Trump never apologized for anything😖😖😖
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2019, 03:59:48 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2021, 01:07:00 AM by brucejoel99 »

That being said, this impeachment is a sham.  There is no Constitiutional basis for impeaching Trump.  One may find reasons to not vote for Trump in the endless words of the various reports, but there is not a high crime or misdemeanor documented.

On the other hand, Trump has not been treated with any sort of fairness for five (5) minutes.  "Obstruction of Congress"Huh  Give me a break.

People have been unfair to President Trump since DAY ONE.  People were bound and determined to stop him from being the GOP Nominee, and from being the President.  And people were enraged when Trump crashed the party and won the election.  

The entire investigation process and impeachment process is a sham.  There are reasons to not vote for Trump, but no reason to impeach him.  THAT'S my statesman position.  

Congress should always want to remove any president from office if they violate their oath of office. Always, period, no matter their party. It's part of their duty & without respecting their duty, the balance of power in our country simply doesn't work.

So, did you by any chance watch the hearings? Ambassador Taylor's? Mr. Kent's? Ambassador Yovanovitch's??

Because I don't see how anybody could watch them & walk away thinking that our President didn't abuse the power of his office for political gain. I don't see how anybody could stand in defense of him. I don't see how anybody could claim this is a witch hunt from the Democrats &/or a sham when the facts are on our side.

The question here shouldn't be: what is the Democrats' motivation? The question should be: did Trump do it? He pretty clearly did, though that no longer matters because of the stance the Senate Republicans are taking, &, frankly, I think it's people like you who enable them to do that (in however a very, very small way).

I hope nobody on this Forum can say that they view you favorably after this, because, as somebody who has followed the impeachment proceedings very closely, you are part of the problem that has slapped our democracy in the face.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2019, 05:37:40 PM »

It can't be denied Trump is excessive at times, but in politics being mean is hardly a new thing, you say bad things about the other party's people, Trump is not unique in that, going after dead people is not something many American politicians do but Trump has decided to attack his opponents in that area as well, that's his prerogative.

Garbage.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2019, 06:47:23 PM »

When someone shows you the kind of person they really are, believe them.

Donald Trump has shown us repeatedly what kind of person he really is.

And the Americans who continue to support him show us what kind of people they are.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2019, 07:44:15 PM »

And for his first trick after impeachment, Trump decided to throw away his chances of winning Michigan!

Very stable genius!

So much winning!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2019, 07:49:01 PM »

It can't be denied Trump is excessive at times, but in politics being mean is hardly a new thing, you say bad things about the other party's people, Trump is not unique in that, going after dead people is not something many American politicians do but Trump has decided to attack his opponents in that area as well, that's his prerogative.

Yeah, and it’s my prerogative to call him a massive f—king piece of evil s—t and to say I hope HE rots in hell.

Christ almighty, these defenses are PATHETIC even by the usual standards of pathetic Trump defenses. “It’s his prerogative to do it.” No one said it wasn’t. “Other people have been mean before.” No one said they hadn’t.

Notice how none of these nonsense ”whatabout” statements are ACTUAL defenses of what he is ACTUALLY saying directly though. You know why? Because there IS no defense of this, and EVERYBODY knows it. Stop trying to gaslight yourselves and the rest of the world by pretending otherwise. At least have the guts to admit that you’re just a piece of s—t who worships another piece of s—t as your cult leader.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2019, 07:57:13 PM »

I mean, I did laugh when I heard it.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2019, 08:03:28 PM »

What the hell does "that's his prerogative" even ing mean.

Is your thinking "well yeah this sounds bad but like Trump, as a human being, has agency so it's actually okay"
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2019, 08:30:38 PM »

I really hope that some of his supporters were offended and shocked by this "joke," given it's less raucous reception than most of his stream-of-consciousness drivel. Even if this doesn't make them stop supporting Trump, I want to believe that they still have some kernel of humanity in there where Trump can still cross some lines for them.

At this point, just give me something!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies