Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:21:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 93301 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: February 09, 2020, 02:29:17 PM »

Honestly, she seemed like right-wing plant when she said "burdened down by the impeachment trial". That aside, it seemed like he was just being silly more than anything else after listening to the tone of how he said it. I was expecting something different reading the tweet, but that tone made a lot of different.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #776 on: February 09, 2020, 02:29:50 PM »

What the hell?

Biden calls NH woman a “dog faced pony soldier”  

lmao love it

Honestly, intentionally or not, Joe Biden is the funniest candidate in the race no question.

The funniest candidate is Donald Trump with all of his dumb tweets and his clown show presidency. It would actually be quite funny, if it wasn't reality
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #777 on: February 09, 2020, 02:30:09 PM »

Apparently "lying, dog-faced pony soldier" is from a John Wayne film.
Roblox

« Reply #778 on: February 09, 2020, 02:31:41 PM »

What the hell?

Biden calls NH woman a “dog faced pony soldier”  

lmao love it

Honestly, intentionally or not, Joe Biden is the funniest candidate in the race no question.

The funniest candidate is Donald Trump with all of his dumb tweets and his clown show presidency. It would actually be quite funny, if it wasn't reality

I was talking about the democratic race.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #779 on: February 09, 2020, 02:31:44 PM »

Honestly, she seemed like right-wing plant when she said "burdened down by the impeachment trial". That aside, it seemed like he was just being silly more than anything else after listening to the tone of how he said it. I was expecting something different reading the tweet, but that tone made a lot of different.

Yeah I was really bristled up when the video started because she seemed so shy and friendly and I was like, oh god is the stress getting to him?  He's not really going to go off on this nice girl is he?

But then it was just a strange, fun moment.

I'm sure it will be taken out of context and twisted into some kind of horrible insult within two weeks though.  That's basically been the story of this entire campaign.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #780 on: February 09, 2020, 02:32:39 PM »

What the hell?

Biden calls NH woman a “dog faced pony soldier” after she asks question about his Iowa performance

The whole tone of this is weird.  Is it some sort of local NH reference?  She seems very friendly to Biden and he immediately precedes this with "it's a good question" and says it in a friendly way.

Apparently it’s from a John Wayne movie:

Former Democratic Vice President Joe Biden suggested at a rally for Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) that the trade union president beat up Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND), saying, “show him a threshold of pain.”

“As my brother, who loves to use lines from movies, a John Wayne movie, there’s a good line in a movie, a John Wayne movie where the Indian chief turns to John Wayne and says ‘this is a lying dog-faced pony soldier,'” Biden rambled.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-joe-biden-suggests-republican-lawmaker-ryan-saavedra

(Yes, it’s Daily Wire, but he’s obviously used this phrase before.)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #781 on: February 09, 2020, 03:04:26 PM »

Poor Joe Biden, is going the way of Jeb, he is gonna be another frontrunner,  who failed in primary. Sorry, Bruce, Bagel and Johnson, your candidate isnt gonna win. Coons and Markey are gonna lose too.

I remember the Fred Thompson candidacy of 2008, as well, went the way of Biden.

Bruce and Johnson doesnt post much since Biden isnt winning

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #782 on: February 09, 2020, 03:05:36 PM »

God dammit, take the man to a retirement home, cause this Hunter-thing has damaged his brain!

It doesn't matter it was a quote, it sounded awful, and he didn't even bother to explain it was a quote.

Are you saying it wasn't awful? Yes, it was. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldiers! Be honest now!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #783 on: February 09, 2020, 03:08:06 PM »

Biden needs to be in the retirement home. That’s his crowd.

I’m 30. I’m 100% for Biden.

Hell, I'm 20, & I'm also 100% for Biden. Guess I'm packing my bags from my dorm to a retirement home first thing on Monday morning!

I'm 28 and 100% behind Joe Biden. If I was a US citizen, I'd go out and try organize youth support for him because he can deliver on those things young folks care about.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #784 on: February 09, 2020, 03:43:29 PM »

IA and NH and NV are swing states, he should be doing alot better than 4th
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #785 on: February 09, 2020, 03:52:41 PM »

I saw someone on Twitter say that she is a Yang supporter. Which is ironic, cuz she asked Biden how we could trust that he would win. Yang meanwhile is a gimmick who has less than 0% chance of winning.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #786 on: February 09, 2020, 06:22:08 PM »

INSHALLMAO

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #787 on: February 09, 2020, 06:25:10 PM »

Biden, honey what is u doing
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #788 on: February 09, 2020, 06:32:01 PM »

Biden will not win the nomination. He's no Hillary Clinton, much less a Barack Obama.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #789 on: February 09, 2020, 06:37:33 PM »

Is Biden legit ok? He seems to have gone off the rails after collapsing in Iowa?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #790 on: February 09, 2020, 07:06:27 PM »

Biden is getting angrier on the campaign trail because of his poor Iowa start and Steyer and Bloomberg gaining on black voters.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #791 on: February 09, 2020, 07:41:19 PM »

Biden will not win the nomination. He's no Hillary Clinton, much less a Barack Obama.
That part. Just DEAD at the Biden stans on this forum who swore he was better than Hillary. In a scenario where she sits out 2016 and Biden runs and loses, she would be leading this field convincingly at this point. Biden could never.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #792 on: February 09, 2020, 09:21:11 PM »

That part. Just DEAD at the Biden stans on this forum who swore he was better than Hillary. In a scenario where she sits out 2016 and Biden runs and loses, she would be leading this field convincingly at this point. Biden could never.

You are describing the better timeline.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #793 on: February 09, 2020, 11:50:41 PM »

I have to wonder if Biden even wins the nomination against her and Bernie. He seemed much healthier at the time than he does now, and his DNC speech was excellent plus the Obama lovefest was still very prominent. But I think I may have been wrong at the time - in spite of the vast amount of anti-HRC sentiment in the Democrat Party in 2016, I think his awful campaign skill would have cost him the nomination that so many assumed he could take from her.

I still 'prefer' him but not by much. I can't believe how quickly this titanic image of him has been sunk with three months in the spotlight.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #794 on: February 10, 2020, 10:11:49 AM »

Biden was always going to do poorly in Iowa, but his collapse in NH is a bit alarming. I would not be surprised if some polls coming out of SC would show an erosion of his support to someone like Steyer, who has made inroad with the AA community.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #795 on: February 10, 2020, 10:14:09 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2020, 10:40:29 AM by Sir Mohamed »

Biden was always going to do poorly in Iowa, but his collapse in NH is a bit alarming. I would not be surprised if some polls coming out of SC would show an erosion of his support to someone like Steyer, who has made inroad with the AA community.

His numbers would for sure drop and a win in NV out of reach. I don't think Steyer would go anywhere beyond that, even if he upsets SC (doubtful). Bloomberg is a much bigger threat to Biden going into ST and further March contests.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #796 on: February 10, 2020, 10:17:36 AM »

To be fair, Biden never really tried in NH infrastructure-wise. They believed Bernie would do quite well there from the get-go and dialed back their campaign presence there since well before IA. The Biden camp has essentially had this strategy from the get-go of "Southern blacks are our life-raft, so we can phone it in!" - which isn't a bad strategy per se, assuming you don't come in 4th or 5th in the first two contests and scare away all of your white moderate support, all the while letting a billionaire run months of uncontested ads in SC to boost his name recognition among black voters...
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #797 on: February 10, 2020, 10:21:58 AM »

The calendar is brutal for Biden. Imagine if South Carolina was in any position earlier in the caldenar than 4th.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #798 on: February 10, 2020, 10:44:47 AM »

The calendar is brutal for Biden. Imagine if South Carolina was in any position earlier in the caldenar than 4th.
Biden is trying to pull a Clinton anno 1992. It won't work!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #799 on: February 10, 2020, 10:56:24 AM »

Regardless, Biden needs a win pretty soon to have a chance to beef up his fundraising before ST. If he could win Nevada at all that'd be good for him and if he could win South Carolina by a margin that isn't underwhelming it'd be even better. From the looks of things though, I'm pretty confident he'd lose NV to Sanders and it'll be tough to stop his momentum going into ST and beyond.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies