Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 06:11:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 130382 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: January 14, 2020, 11:47:44 AM »

Daily Beast:  Bernie Sanders volunteers are being instructed to call voters in NH and tell them Bernie is the only candidate who supports M4A.

bilaps
« Reply #1001 on: January 14, 2020, 11:48:35 AM »

So, if we dismiss that Monmouth poll which showed only 17% of first caucus goers in it's screen, these were probably the best days for Bernie regarding polling since he announced. 10pts up in Cali, up in Suffolk NV poll, best Q poll i think ever in this cycle, and even MC showing Biden below 30 again.

And if this Warren thing backfires as it should, he's on the great path.

Lets not dismiss a poll from one of the best pollsters in the business.

First of all I said IF, it's a conditional.

Secondly, I explained reasons why the poll could be dismissed.

Have a nice day

You're doing a good job unskewing the polls. We all know how well unskewing polls works out for all involved.

That Clinton/Kaine tells me everything I need to know.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1002 on: January 14, 2020, 11:48:56 AM »

Bernie’s still my 2nd choice behind Warren, but Goddd do his online supporters make me really reconsider. They’re nuts.

The fact he does nothing to condemn and distance himself from the toxicity of his worst supporters is also very Trump like.

Do you know what else is Trump-like? Lying about your close friend saying sexist **** for personal gain.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1003 on: January 14, 2020, 11:51:29 AM »

Daily Beast:  Bernie Sanders volunteers are being instructed to call voters in NH and tell them Bernie is the only candidate who supports M4A.

Bernie's campaign has been the dirtiest all cycle.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1004 on: January 14, 2020, 11:53:38 AM »

Perhaps they are saying that because he's the only candidate who supports M4A.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1005 on: January 14, 2020, 11:56:04 AM »

That is just factual. Warren supports a public option till the 3rd year & then will see how it goes 7 will decide. She has given no details about Medicare for all transition saying it will be decided later & that she us focused on the public option initially
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1006 on: January 14, 2020, 11:56:19 AM »

Well, congratulations to Joe Biden for winning the nomination without having to do anything.
bilaps
« Reply #1007 on: January 14, 2020, 11:56:31 AM »

Bernie's campaign has been the dirtiest all cycle.

That would be a lie
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1008 on: January 14, 2020, 12:09:10 PM »

Sanders with a new ad touting his record on women's rights. Really disgusting ploy by Warren. Now instead of a debate about Biden's vote on Iraq or his Social Security record, it is going to be played on this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FjNogjMLPk

@KyleKulinski
Politics aside I feel really bad for Bernie on a personal level. His closest "friend" in the senate just accused him of being sexist in an attempt to knock him from the #1 spot. That must hurt deeply. Washington DC is a really lonely place if you have principles & a conscience.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #1009 on: January 14, 2020, 12:16:41 PM »

So, if we dismiss that Monmouth poll which showed only 17% of first caucus goers in it's screen, these were probably the best days for Bernie regarding polling since he announced. 10pts up in Cali, up in Suffolk NV poll, best Q poll i think ever in this cycle, and even MC showing Biden below 30 again.

And if this Warren thing backfires as it should, he's on the great path.

Lets not dismiss a poll from one of the best pollsters in the business.

First of all I said IF, it's a conditional.

Secondly, I explained reasons why the poll could be dismissed.

Have a nice day

You're doing a good job unskewing the polls. We all know how well unskewing polls works out for all involved.

That Clinton/Kaine tells me everything I need to know.

That in the general election I voted for the Democrats? That's all you need to know?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1010 on: January 14, 2020, 12:17:34 PM »

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1011 on: January 14, 2020, 12:22:07 PM »

You forgot the 30 year record of saying literally everything else.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1012 on: January 14, 2020, 12:29:50 PM »

Oh you mean that one video from the 1980s?

Isn't it funny how this story drops and literally within the hour the Sanders campaign is pushing out an obscure video of him talking to children nearly 40 years ago?

Really crack investigative team they've got there, right?  To go dig up an obscure video clip from 40 years ago in under an hour.  Or maybe Sanders just has an incredible memory and can recall individual lines from a speech he gave to children in the 80s?

Or maybe, just maybe, they knew this attack was coming and had time to prepare that clip as their retort.  Wonder why they would foresee this attack if the story is a lie, though.  Hmmmm.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1013 on: January 14, 2020, 12:31:25 PM »

Also Sanders but I guess his opinion of what he himself said doesn't count because reasons.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1014 on: January 14, 2020, 01:03:42 PM »

Warren herself isn't an entirely trustworthy source, as we have seen. I believe her story about Bernie is just as honest as her stories about her heritage, Medicare-for-All support, father's employment, and her children's schooling. Not only that, but the wording in her statement seemed to destroy any credibility this story may have had - "he disagreed." This could mean a whole lot of things. It seems like she was trying not to admit the lie, while also trying not to lie any further.

It's also worth noting that the other sources weren't in the room with Warren and Sanders - they heard it from one of the candidates. Obviously Warren has been telling this tale while not expecting it to get leaked and blow up in her face.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1015 on: January 14, 2020, 01:14:45 PM »

Who is your second choice (via new Quinnipiac poll):

Sanders supporters:
Warren 57%
Biden 11%
Don't know 8%

Warren supporters:
Sanders 52%
Biden 12%
Buttigieg 11%

Biden supporters:
Don't know 20%
Sanders 20%
Warren 17%

I guess this is the reason for the attack. Warren is floundering around the 15% mark in Iowa & NH & more than half of her supporters have Sanders as 2nd choice. And if he is the only viable option to stop Biden, she will lose huge chunk of her support.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1016 on: January 14, 2020, 01:27:16 PM »

God, I’m so ing ready for this primary to be over.

I’ve been ready for the last two months.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1017 on: January 14, 2020, 01:27:29 PM »

I really hope that Sanders and Warren can settle this in the debate or elsewhere (this would be preferable), since neither of them have anything to gain by going negative against the other. It would simply alienate people who would support them over Biden. It sounds like a misunderstanding that has just spiraled out of control as more people other than the candidates themselves have interpreted what was (possibly?) said in the worst way possible.

It should be pretty obvious that Sanders isn't a sexist, and that Warren doesn't believe that he is. Sanders may have meant to say that Trump will run an even nastier campaign against a woman, but it came out wrong. Sanders should clarify what was said, and I'm sure that he will, but I'm guessing those who don't like him won't believe him.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1018 on: January 14, 2020, 01:29:19 PM »

Who is your second choice (via new Quinnipiac poll):

Sanders supporters:
Warren 57%
Biden 11%
Don't know 8%

Warren supporters:
Sanders 52%
Biden 12%
Buttigieg 11%

Biden supporters:
Don't know 20%
Sanders 20%
Warren 17%

I guess this is the reason for the attack. Warren is floundering around the 15% mark in Iowa & NH & more than half of her supporters have Sanders as 2nd choice. And if he is the only viable option to stop Biden, she will lose huge chunk of her support.

What about Buttigieg supporters?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1019 on: January 14, 2020, 01:30:02 PM »

The notion that a politician needs to constantly condemn and apologize for the bad hombres supporting them is hilarious: Any large group of people will have unsavory elements, and that's a fact of life. The only reason this is even brought up now (and in 2016) is because we live in a strange, diseased, twitter-obsessed political culture.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1020 on: January 14, 2020, 01:33:16 PM »

I really hope that Sanders and Warren can settle this in the debate or elsewhere (this would be preferable), since neither of them have anything to gain by going negative against the other. It would simply alienate people who would support them over Biden. It sounds like a misunderstanding that has just spiraled out of control as more people other than the candidates themselves have interpreted what was (possibly?) said in the worst way possible.

It should be pretty obvious that Sanders isn't a sexist, and that Warren doesn't believe that he is. Sanders may have meant to say that Trump will run an even nastier campaign against a woman, but it came out wrong. Sanders should clarify what was said, and I'm sure that he will, but I'm guessing those who don't like him won't believe him.

Warren launched this attack at this moment for a reason. She's attempting to destroy the movement because her campaign is floundering; it really is the most depressing thing. Stop the Warren apologetics. She has shown her true colours.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #1021 on: January 14, 2020, 01:34:55 PM »

Warren launched this attack at this moment for a reason. She's attempting to destroy the movement because her campaign is floundering; it really is the most depressing thing. Stop the Warren apologetics. She has shown her true colours.

This kind of thinking is quite honestly deranged.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1022 on: January 14, 2020, 01:38:29 PM »

Bernie Sanders is not the progressive movement, he is one of many figures within it.  The same is true of Warren.  It's bigger than his (or Warren's) personal Presidential aspirations unless you believe it's just a Trump-style personality cult.  

This is no different than Bernie's negative phone-banking against other candidates.  We can debate the political merits of each approach, but this is simply two progressive candidates trying to win the nomination acting like candidates.  No more, no less.  Warren does not owe Bernie any sort of deference or fealty during the primary season nor does he owe her any.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1023 on: January 14, 2020, 01:45:19 PM »

Perhaps they are saying that because he's the only candidate who supports M4A.

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1024 on: January 14, 2020, 01:55:27 PM »

This kind of thinking is quite honestly deranged.

How so? Give me the reason why this broke at this moment, the day before the debate and a short time after the Des Moines Register poll dropped. Why did she back it up in her statement? Tell me what is really happening here if my thinking is so deranged.

Bernie Sanders is not the progressive movement, he is one of many figures within it.  The same is true of Warren.  It's bigger than his (or Warren's) personal Presidential aspirations unless you believe it's just a Trump-style personality cult.  

This is no different than Bernie's negative phone-banking against other candidates.  We can debate the political merits of each approach, but this is simply two progressive candidates trying to win the nomination acting like candidates.  No more, no less.  Warren does not owe Bernie any sort of deference or fealty during the primary season nor does he owe her any.

The two left candidates are Warren and Sanders, they represent roughly the same ideological space in the party albeit they have much different bases of support. Of course the two candidates should try to draw distinctions: I have never been of that opinion since this is a primary race and not a drum circle.

That does not mean, however, that there should be destructive lies and attacks in the process. The Bernie phonebanking stuff is quite literally volunteers being given facts about a candidate to convince people on the fence (yes, Warren doesn't support M4A, she is for a bullsh[inks] pathway after public option, and her base is older, whiter, and more elite than Bernie's). His campaign has acted in complete good faith, and you're equivocating between that and a destructive lie meant to impugn Sanders' reputation and tar him as a sexist.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies