Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:45:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 126816 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2250 on: February 19, 2020, 12:00:27 AM »
« edited: February 19, 2020, 12:04:54 AM by Hindsight is 2020 »

It's also funny that MacArthur has yet to condemn Lindy's anti-Semitism.

What she said wasn't anti-semitic.  It's really disgusting how you guys are so obsessed with smearing someone who is at best a marginally noteworthy Twitter personality.  It's also really disgusting how your buddies are attacking her family and as usual you're sitting here splitting hairs over whether or not she had it coming.
Calling Sanders a self hating Jew is pretty anti-Semitic, completely unfounded, and kinda disgusting considering he comes from a family of holocaust survivors. Like I get it you don’t like Bernie or his supporters but don’t be disingenuous

Edit: Also I’m not condoning the harassment the girl and her family has gotten. That is uncalled for behavior
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2251 on: February 19, 2020, 12:12:40 AM »

What she said wasn't anti-semitic.  It's really disgusting how you guys are so obsessed with smearing someone who is at best a marginally noteworthy Twitter personality.  It's also really disgusting how your buddies are attacking her family and as usual you're sitting here splitting hairs over whether or not she had it coming.
Calling Sanders a self hating Jew is pretty anti-Semitic, completely unfounded, and kinda disgusting considering he comes from a family of holocaust survivors. Like I get it you don’t like Bernie or his supporters but don’t be disingenuous

Edit: Also I’m not condoning the harassment the girl and her family has gotten. That is uncalled for behavior

The edit doesn't matter. He knows we've condemned it, and he'll still lie about it.

After all, he's just defending his fellow bull**** artist here.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2252 on: February 19, 2020, 12:36:32 AM »

What she said wasn't anti-semitic.  It's really disgusting how you guys are so obsessed with smearing someone who is at best a marginally noteworthy Twitter personality.  It's also really disgusting how your buddies are attacking her family and as usual you're sitting here splitting hairs over whether or not she had it coming.

Do you hear that, fellow Atlas Users? It appears that we have been too focused on the actions of a small group of people on Twitter. If only we would follow GeneralMacArthur's sage advice and tune them out.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2253 on: February 19, 2020, 12:51:06 AM »

Do you hear that, fellow Atlas Users? It appears that we have been too focused on the actions of a small group of people on Twitter. If only we would follow GeneralMacArthur's sage advice and tune them out.
Self-awareness he does not have
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2254 on: February 19, 2020, 01:01:16 AM »

John Dule should call the Bloomberg campaign, the Warren campaign, the Biden campaign, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Nevada Culinary Workers Union, etc. and tell them to stop worrying about the behavior of a "small group of people on Twitter."

After all, I'm just one guy on Atlas Forum.  If you really believe this concern is unfounded, go focus your tiresome snark on the far more influential and far-reaching players who are saying the same stuff as me.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2255 on: February 19, 2020, 01:02:51 AM »

The Sanders folks have been awfully quiet on social media over the last 48 hours, despite Bernie holding a rally in Colorado of 11,000, and another one in Richmond, California where thousands are expected to attend. 

Contra Costa County is the key to the Bay....

Bernie is looking very strong in SoCal in the DEM PRIM.... but had major weaknesses in the Bay Area (Part of the reason HRC won)....

Recent DEM PRIM polls of Cali indicate that Bernie is likely tied (if not better) within the Bay Area within the 2020 Primary.

His main weaknesses within the Bay Area in '16 were:

1.) Asian-American voters within South Bay and the City

2.) Anglo $$$ voters in the Hills of East Bay, Marin, and  along the stretch running down from the City through San Mateo County....

3.) Hits among Black voters throughout the Bay Area, whom for whatever reason preferred Clinton to Bernie.

4.) Educated Anglo & Asian $$$  Female voters......

5.) So.... kicking it off in Richmond, California a 24x7 Oil Refining town in the flats of the East Bay, where when we were living down in the Bay Area 1,000 people were sent to the Emergency Room as a result of an industrial accident....

6.) Richmond is 40% Latino, 22% Black, 18% Anglo, and 15% Asian with an MHI of $57k/yr

This is a working-class community on the flats of East Bay, where the cost of living is jacking through the roof, environmental racism is real, and everybody gets it that the wages aren't nearly enough to pay for rent, food, utilities, and that Politicians of both political parties don't appear to give an eff about our daily world, our universe, and WE WILL reject whatever canned candidates your parties shove down our throats, while we are still suffering in the aftermath of the Bush Mk 2 Great Recession....

You do understand that Contra Costa County includes Walnut Creek, Concord, Pittsburgh, and Antioch, right? These places are not going to be strong for Sanders. The Bay is going to be tricky. The non-black bits of Alameda County east of the 580 will be good for Sanders, as will South San Jose, but the rest doesn't look so good. San Mateo County, Northwest Santa Clara, Marin, the tri-Valley area, and northeast Contra Costa will be extraordinarily weak for Sanders. No idea what to expect out of San Francisco. RE: Southern California, Sanders will probably do very well in the Gateway Cities, the San Fernando Valley, Southern San Diego County, and much of the Inland Empire, but these areas are low-turnout and not the bulk of the population. He'll get smashed in South LA by Biden/Bloomberg, and Orange County, Ventura County, the Westside, the San Gabriel Valley, and Northern San Diego County by Pete/Klob/Warren/Bloomberg. He'll likely get a plurality, but depending on who drops after Super Tuesday, Warren/Pete/Klob voters will pick whichever remains, and that's a serious voting block in CA.

Apologies for the delayed response, as I just recently did an "Escape from LA" and returned back home to downstate Oregon....

Certainly I know my way around the Bay having lived there for a Year, as well as spent time visiting family that has lived and currently lives around the joint....

"You do understand that Contra Costa County includes Walnut Creek, Concord, Pittsburgh, and Antioch, right? These places are not going to be strong for Sanders."

Check---- understand that those places referenced which used to be heavily 'PUB strongholds back in the dayz of Pete Wilson that the times they are a changing.

Got it that previously referenced communities might not have Sanders as their top dog.... (Hence the reason that I mentioned them).

Haven't been able to locate the '16 results easily at my fingertips for the '16 DEM PRIM, but splintered field in those places, with the flat-lands of Contra Costa likely equals Bernie win the Bay Area overall....

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2256 on: February 19, 2020, 01:05:53 AM »

John Dule should call the Bloomberg campaign, the Warren campaign, the Biden campaign, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Nevada Culinary Workers Union, etc. and tell them to stop worrying about the behavior of a "small group of people on Twitter."

After all, I'm just one guy on Atlas Forum.  If you really believe this concern is unfounded, go focus your tiresome snark on the far more influential and far-reaching players who are saying the same stuff as me.
Yeah because none of the groups you listed would in any way lie or just be massively disingenuous about this topic
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2257 on: February 19, 2020, 01:08:53 AM »

If it isn't too much trouble, can anybody drop a link or two for me to read on this? I don't know mich about her or her anti-semitism.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2258 on: February 19, 2020, 01:23:19 AM »

Those significant bleeps in Green Bay and Door County are nothing to scoff at.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2259 on: February 19, 2020, 01:26:20 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2020, 02:23:10 AM by The state that can run an election »

If it isn't too much trouble, can anybody drop a link or two for me to read on this? I don't know mich about her or her anti-semitism.

She apologized, but retracted it.

MacArthur thinks this is OK, but considering his unrepentant and frequent use of a racist/sexist stereotype, it's not a surprise.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2260 on: February 19, 2020, 02:39:37 AM »

LMAO, she didn't even say it herself?  This whole demonization and harassment of her family is over a retweet?

You guys are the most pathetic.  The. Most. Pathetic.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2261 on: February 19, 2020, 03:07:34 AM »

LMAO, she didn't even say it herself?  This whole demonization and harassment of her family is over a retweet?

Yes. It coming from someone who isn't Jewish is anti-Semitic. It's not hard to understand.

I would hope you don't harbor the same sentiment she does.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2262 on: February 19, 2020, 03:22:03 AM »

Yes. It coming from someone who isn't Jewish is anti-Semitic. It's not hard to understand.

I would hope you don't harbor the same sentiment she does.

She didn't even say it herself, she retweeted a tweet that included it as part of a supportive message... and the person who wrote the original tweet is Jewish!  Good god.

And no I completely disagree.  If someone called me a self-hating white man, because of my civil rights positions or something, I would just roll my eyes.  It's rude but it's not racist or sexist.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #2263 on: February 19, 2020, 06:17:50 AM »

The Sanders folks have been awfully quiet on social media over the last 48 hours, despite Bernie holding a rally in Colorado of 11,000, and another one in Richmond, California where thousands are expected to attend. 

Contra Costa County is the key to the Bay....[snip]

You do understand that Contra Costa County includes Walnut Creek, Concord, Pittsburgh, and Antioch, right? These places are not going to be strong for Sanders. The Bay is going to be tricky. The non-black bits of Alameda County east of the 580 will be good for Sanders, as will South San Jose, but the rest doesn't look so good. San Mateo County, Northwest Santa Clara, Marin, the tri-Valley area, and northeast Contra Costa will be extraordinarily weak for Sanders. No idea what to expect out of San Francisco. [snip]

[snip]

Haven't been able to locate the '16 results easily at my fingertips for the '16 DEM PRIM, but splintered field in those places, with the flat-lands of Contra Costa likely equals Bernie win the Bay Area overall....

If I may indulge and break away from the mandatory daily bickering over Political Twitter:

I got city results for Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo & Santa Clara. They're sorted by Sanders support and forgive me for the shoddy alignment

Alameda County
Emeryville        55.18%   44.78%
Berkeley        54.46%   45.29%
Albany        51.79%   47.90%
Oakland        50.65%   49.03%
Alameda        49.46%   50.13%
San Leandro   45.16%   54.08%
Newark        44.89%   54.35%
Livermore        44.85%   54.16%
Hayward        44.02%   55.32%
Dublin        43.52%   55.85%
Fremont        42.99%   56.33%
Union City        42.81%   56.64%
Pleasanton     40.92%   58.26%
Piedmont        30.52%   69.19%

Contra Costa County
El Cerrito                        49.09%   50.50%
Concord                        47.52%   50.81%
Martinez                        46.88%   51.37%
Oakley                        46.49%   50.57%
San Pablo                        46.44%   52.55%
Pleasant Hill                45.79%   53.11%
Pinole                        45.19%   53.34%
Richmond                        44.78%   54.33%
Unincorporated Area        43.17%   55.40%
Antioch                        41.35%   56.57%
Clayton                        40.99%   56.77%
Brentwood                        40.57%   56.99%
Pittsburg                        40.52%   57.95%
San Ramon                39.53%   59.39%
Hercules                        39.07%   59.94%
Walnut Creek                37.81%   61.28%
Moraga                        37.81%   61.06%
Lafayette                        35.48%   63.67%
Danville                        35.22%   63.49%
Orinda                        31.53%   67.87%

San Mateo County
Brisbane                        49.82%   49.73%
Pacifica                        49.67%   49.80%
East Palo Alto                48.78%   50.91%
San Bruno                        44.25%   55.11%
Redwood City                43.86%   55.63%
South San Francisco        42.52%   56.69%
Half Moon Bay                42.48%   57.05%
Unincorporated Area        41.87%   57.75%
Daly City                        41.42%   57.94%
Millbrae                        41.13%   57.99%
Colma                        40.34%   59.24%
Belmont                        40.23%   59.38%
San Mateo                        40.13%   59.32%
Burlingame                37.64%   61.78%
Foster City                        36.14%   63.29%
San Carlos                        35.66%   63.94%
Menlo Park                32.60%   67.26%
Woodside                        29.68%   69.84%
Hillsborough                25.53%   73.93%
Portola Valley                25.27%   74.65%
Atherton                        23.41%   76.25%

Santa Clara County
Campbell                        46.85%   52.44%
Santa Clara                45.62%   53.51%
Sunnyvale                        44.12%   55.28%
San Jose                        43.38%   55.91%
Gilroy                        43.27%   55.84%
Mountain View                42.66%   57.02%
Unincorporated Area        41.50%   57.74%
Morgan Hill                41.11%   57.74%
Milpitas                        40.60%   58.68%
Cupertino                        40.10%   59.50%
Los Gatos                        35.52%   63.87%
Saratoga                        33.98%   65.45%
Palo Alto                        33.88%   65.83%
Los Altos Hills                31.07%   68.11%
Los Altos                        29.98%   69.51%
Monte Sereno                29.82%   69.48%
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #2264 on: February 19, 2020, 12:07:22 PM »

Speaking of California, should we expect Sanders to gain in the later-counted mail-in votes?
He did so in 2016: Clinton's election night lead of around 12 pts was cut to 7 by the time counting was completed weeks later.
My guess is, no idea. However, I expect most of the votes mailed in already to be Sanders-leaning, because I assume that people who are more committed/less undecided are Sanders-leaning and will vote earlier.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2265 on: February 19, 2020, 01:19:12 PM »

Speaking of California, should we expect Sanders to gain in the later-counted mail-in votes?
He did so in 2016: Clinton's election night lead of around 12 pts was cut to 7 by the time counting was completed weeks later.
My guess is, no idea. However, I expect most of the votes mailed in already to be Sanders-leaning, because I assume that people who are more committed/less undecided are Sanders-leaning and will vote earlier.

Younger people vote later so we might see Bernie gain some as results keep trickling in. On the other hand the most committed voters are for Bernie so they might have been more likely to send back their ballots early. Bernie might gain late but so might whichever candidate is surging towards the end.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2266 on: February 19, 2020, 02:19:05 PM »

Barring some sort of collapse or a second heart attack, Sanders will be the nominee in a few weeks time.

He leads by 10-15 nationally, there is no way he isn't going to translate that to a majority of delegates on Super Tuesday and that momentum will see him through to a majority later on.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2267 on: February 19, 2020, 02:53:47 PM »

(the claim about Bloomberg is patently false.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2268 on: February 19, 2020, 02:59:31 PM »

(the claim about Bloomberg is patently false.)

Bernie needs to fire her or at least move her to another position that doesn't give her as much visibility; she's got serious foot-in-mouth issues.  IIRC, she's also repeatedly praised 9/11 truthers.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2269 on: February 19, 2020, 04:36:57 PM »

The center asks me to condemn bad things our cultists do: I condemn them, because going after someone's family is wrong. I am still slandered as supporting it, despite firmly condemning it.

I ask the center to condemn bad things their cultists do: LUL AT LEAST WE AREN'T BERNIE BROS XD, coupled with endless excuses.

Let the record speak for itself here.
swf541

« Reply #2270 on: February 19, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »

The center asks me to condemn bad things our cultists do: I condemn them, because going after someone's family is wrong. I am still slandered as supporting it, despite firmly condemning it.

I ask the center to condemn bad things their cultists do: LUL AT LEAST WE AREN'T BERNIE BROS XD, coupled with endless excuses.

Let the record speak for itself here.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2271 on: February 19, 2020, 05:32:41 PM »

Switching over to new megathread to pause this heated argument and because it's convenient.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 [91]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies