Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:03:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 130386 times)
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: January 14, 2020, 12:32:10 AM »

This whole kerfuffle doesn't change my opinion about Sanders or Warren. I still think both would be fine presidents. They could even still end up on the same ticket after this.

This will be yesterday's news pretty soon. Watch the debate - it'll probably be back to Sanders and Warren tag-teaming the others like usual. Any rift between the Sanders and Warren camps is likely to be overstated.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #976 on: January 14, 2020, 12:49:42 AM »

Video.
Cuomo presses Sanders' campaign senior adviser, Jeff Weaver, about the incident.
Watch here ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/01/14/jeff-weaver-bernie-sanders-woman-president-claim-sot-vpx-cpt.cnn
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #977 on: January 14, 2020, 12:54:40 AM »

None of the four anonymous staffers/friends making the charge of Sanders sexism were actually witnesses who were apparently in the room that day. Two, according to Lee, spoke to Warren “shortly after” that meeting. The other two “sources” were described only as people who “knew about the meeting.”

It’s sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who weren’t in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016.
Sanders is in fact on the record as far back as 1988, saying, “In my view, a woman could be elected president of the United States.”

https://fair.org/home/cnns-sanders-hit-piece-doesnt-pass-the-smell-test/
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #978 on: January 14, 2020, 12:58:16 AM »

This whole kerfuffle doesn't change my opinion about Sanders or Warren. I still think both would be fine presidents. They could even still end up on the same ticket after this.

This will be yesterday's news pretty soon. Watch the debate - it'll probably be back to Sanders and Warren tag-teaming the others like usual. Any rift between the Sanders and Warren camps is likely to be overstated.

I really hope you're right.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #979 on: January 14, 2020, 01:10:54 AM »

It’s kinda ironic how the same Sanders supporters who ardently supported Christine Ford (which was a good thing) are now complaining about “suspect timing” and are calling Warren an opportunistic liar. Literally a year ago, the Republicans were saying these things about a different women.

"An accusation of sexism is equivalent to accusations of sexual assault"

Somehow I think you would not be happy with Warren if she had accused Sanders of sexual assault.

It's a shame that after years of knowing me and my character, you'd stoop so low as to make such a vile accusation against me. I'd expect this from MacArthur, but I didn't expect this from you.

*SNIP*

Public, high-profile psychotic breakdown that gets me demodded: *crickets*

Calling out the candidate you like for her smears, a disagreement on the importance of someone saying a woman can't win an election: Proof of my mental instability, and it must mean that I approve of sexual assault if it's from someone I like.

Beet logic, ladies and gentlemen.

Given that two of my posts were modded for a reason I believe was a misinterpretation, and the other for a valid reason (but not malicious), let me rephrase this carefully to see if I can make it more clear.

1. I forgot that you were even modded, let alone that you were demodded or had a meltdown. I don't really follow the dramas that occur on here between other posters. From our personal interactions you always seemed a somewhat level headed poster, and tonight's behavior is out of character from that which I previously remembered.

2. I believe Forumlurker161's point would still apply regardless of an accusation of sexual assault or sexism. If Warren had accused Sanders of sexual assault, I believe most Bernie supporters would dismiss it as a lie furiously and say it is out of character. I believe Forumlurker161's point is that Republicans felt the same way about Kavanaugh. This is a valid point.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #980 on: January 14, 2020, 01:20:55 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2020, 01:28:58 AM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

1. Yeah, I get that. Unfortunately, 2015 Sawx and 2020 Sawx are two different posters. There were always seeds of leftism, but the DNC radicalized me last cycle.

When you pour your heart out for the party and they decide they want your diehard Bushist/Romneyist friend more than you, you tend to hold a grudge. Especially when it's over a minor difference in the primary that you thought would have ended 4 years ago, and when you argued with said friend over the merits of Mitt Romney's campaign.

2. Private conversations and sexual assault are in no way comparable. I didn't think I needed to explain this.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #981 on: January 14, 2020, 01:59:30 AM »

Disappointing to see Bernie go so negative like that against Warren. Takes away any doubt that I'll support Biden if Warren drops out before Maryland votes. Sanders needs to go return to the backbench or better yet retire.

"I don't like when he acts like a candidate so I'll never support him."
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #982 on: January 14, 2020, 02:19:12 AM »

Inject this into my ****ing veins.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #983 on: January 14, 2020, 02:48:58 AM »

Inject this into my ****ing veins.

LOL, this is a literal edited video that cuts out whenever the more objective guy in the middle starts talking. Not exactly great for the credibility of your movement to be spreading stuff like this.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #984 on: January 14, 2020, 03:56:05 AM »

I'll take the word of Cuomo himself over some Internet randos:

(Also I tend to go for primary sources when I can)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #985 on: January 14, 2020, 06:30:05 AM »

Good God, Atlas is going nuts over this Warren-Bernie story.
And HockeyDude is having a conniption fit over it.
Why don't we all just wait to see how they handle the situation on stage tomorrow.

As he should (and every other Bernie supporter on here). The woman who has claimed to be fighting for us for 8 years betrayed us today. If there wasn't any doubt when she pushed Medicare for All to the second half of her term in favor of Petecare, there sure as hell wasn't any now.

You guys already chanted "WE TRUSTED YOU!" over her speech at the convention in 2016.  I don't think anyone really believed you wouldn't burn the bridge again at the first opportunity.

She was my top pick for the majority of this cycle (see my first post on Atlas, ever). She lost me with her lack of trustworthiness and a pattern of dishonesty that has become very apparent. Complete shame. This move has made me really dislike her.

Online leftists in 2016: I don't hate women, just Clinton! I would love it if Elizabeth Warren ran for president!

Elizabeth Warren: *runs for president*

Online leftists in 2020: She is a serial liar and a neolib sellout and we simply cannot trust her, she's not a true progressive and she used to be a Republican and anyway she should have supported Bernie in 2016, and also she should just drop out of the race and all of her supporters will come over to Bernie and he will crush the opposition.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #986 on: January 14, 2020, 06:57:56 AM »

Bernie’s still my 2nd choice behind Warren, but Goddd do his online supporters make me really reconsider. They’re nuts.

And really, it’s not that crazy to think that Bernie said it. Biden’s has such an iron grip on the black vote this cycle for the same reason: they don’t think a woman/minority can win this year. I said the same thing at the beginning of the cycle.

Bernie and Warren will put this to rest at the debate and hopefully turn their fire on Biden/Buttigieg. Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if one of their campaigns are the ones that leaked this to try and divide the left.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #987 on: January 14, 2020, 07:46:33 AM »

What a disaster for Warren!  The death throes!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #988 on: January 14, 2020, 07:51:56 AM »

WaPo has an article with insider knowledge saying Sanders didn't say anything about a woman being unable to beat Trump but that Trump would use misogyny & sexism against Trump.

Should Warren apologize publicly? She should apologize publicly IMO for fabricating another story like she did with her Native American Heritage "My momma told me" & used that while applying for jobs.

She can stay in the race & divide the progressive vote & help Biden win but atleast she should have the dignity to say that she lied & used a cheap campaign tactic. This is beyond the 2020 race now or about campaigns & is about a good man being smeared. Let Biden win but Warren should apologize.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #989 on: January 14, 2020, 07:54:07 AM »

WaPo has an article with insider knowledge saying Sanders didn't say anything about a woman being unable to beat Trump but that Trump would use misogyny & sexism against Trump.

Should Warren apologize publicly? She should apologize publicly IMO for fabricating another story like she did with her Native American Heritage "My momma told me" & used that while applying for jobs.

She can stay in the race & divide the progressive vote & help Biden win but atleast she should have the dignity to say that she lied & used a cheap campaign tactic. This is beyond the 2020 race now or about campaigns & is about a good man being smeared. Let Biden win but Warren should apologize.

Bravo!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #990 on: January 14, 2020, 07:55:09 AM »

Self-flagellation sounds good to me.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #991 on: January 14, 2020, 10:48:33 AM »

Nevada's largest Teacher's Union endorses Bernie Sanders.

https://www.ktnv.com/news/nevada-teachers-union-endorses-bernie-sanders-for-president
bilaps
« Reply #992 on: January 14, 2020, 10:56:15 AM »

So, if we dismiss that Monmouth poll which showed only 17% of first caucus goers in it's screen, these were probably the best days for Bernie regarding polling since he announced. 10pts up in Cali, up in Suffolk NV poll, best Q poll i think ever in this cycle, and even MC showing Biden below 30 again.

And if this Warren thing backfires as it should, he's on the great path.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #993 on: January 14, 2020, 11:01:05 AM »

So, if we dismiss that Monmouth poll which showed only 17% of first caucus goers in it's screen, these were probably the best days for Bernie regarding polling since he announced. 10pts up in Cali, up in Suffolk NV poll, best Q poll i think ever in this cycle, and even MC showing Biden below 30 again.

Even in that Monmouth Iowa poll he was up 5 points, so moving in the right direction at least.

I find some of the New Hampshire polling to be disappointing though.
bilaps
« Reply #994 on: January 14, 2020, 11:10:16 AM »

Even in that Monmouth Iowa poll he was up 5 points, so moving in the right direction at least.

I find some of the New Hampshire polling to be disappointing though.

Yeah, it's true but we're hoping for that IA effect in NH. If Bernie wins IA and Warren let's say finish 3rd or 4th or even falls below 15% in some places than we could see people coalescing around Sanders in NH.

But one more thing I am closely watching in these polls are these numbers among black AA voters. In this new MC poll it's only 15% advantage Biden and we've seen Q poll where it's in single digits. And even those Ipsos Wapo poll which showed Biden at 48% and Sanders at 20% wasn't that bad. If Bernie is somewhere around 25% among african-americans now, I could see that number only going up.

Only thing that gives me pause is not this Warren stuff. It's impeachment trial. Iowa is crucial, Biden mustn't win there, and I'm sure he won't but if Buttigieg wins and Biden/Sanders/Warren finish bunched up it's not great for NH too. I do hope we see AOC practicaly living in IA if Bernie has to be on this stupid trial.
Cinemark

« Reply #995 on: January 14, 2020, 11:12:17 AM »

Lets not dismiss a poll from one of the best pollsters in the business.
bilaps
« Reply #996 on: January 14, 2020, 11:17:48 AM »

First of all I said IF, it's a conditional.

Secondly, I explained reasons why the poll could be dismissed.

Have a nice day
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #997 on: January 14, 2020, 11:28:06 AM »

Bernie’s still my 2nd choice behind Warren, but Goddd do his online supporters make me really reconsider. They’re nuts.

The fact he does nothing to condemn and distance himself from the toxicity of his worst supporters is also very Trump like.
bilaps
« Reply #998 on: January 14, 2020, 11:41:38 AM »

The fact he does nothing to condemn and distance himself from the toxicity of his worst supporters is also very Trump like.

That's why Dems  lose. They would always want someone to apologise for no reason.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #999 on: January 14, 2020, 11:42:11 AM »

First of all I said IF, it's a conditional.

Secondly, I explained reasons why the poll could be dismissed.

Have a nice day

You're doing a good job unskewing the polls. We all know how well unskewing polls works out for all involved.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies