Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 12:54:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 107465 times)
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: September 30, 2019, 02:55:33 PM »

Biden staying out of the fray last week has helped not just Democrats in general but also his campaign. By keeping the focus on Trump and allowing him to self-destruct, the starting point for this controversy became "Trump did something bad" instead of "Biden and Trump have competing claims".

Biden will obviously need to address Trump's actions more head-on than he has so far, but he is in a stronger position to do so because he showed patience.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1401 on: September 30, 2019, 03:26:47 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2019, 08:15:11 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Biden staying out of the fray last week has helped not just Democrats in general but also his campaign. By keeping the focus on Trump and allowing him to self-destruct, the starting point for this controversy became "Trump did something bad" instead of "Biden and Trump have competing claims".

Biden will obviously need to address Trump's actions more head-on than he has so far, but he is in a stronger position to do so because he showed patience.

I was thinking the same thing.
He may have even been "advised" by leaders on the Hill (House), to "control" the amount (and type) of comments he made on the matter (at least for the short term, right now, when the Dems are trying to make the case to the American people for the inquiry efforts on impeachment).
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1402 on: September 30, 2019, 03:30:56 PM »

12D chess.  Biden should go out there and make it all about him, because that will make Trump less likely to be impeached.  If Trump is impeached, Biden loses his primary rationale for running.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1403 on: September 30, 2019, 03:37:11 PM »

I want a fighter I don't want a passive nominee who is content with lying down and hiding behind surrogates while Trump slanders them. Biden just doesn't have what it takes to fight back while most of the field does, people need to get this.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1404 on: September 30, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »

12D chess. Biden should go out there and make it all about him, because that will make Trump less likely to be impeached.  If Trump is impeached, Biden loses his primary rationale for running.

Why does every moderately nuanced strategy have to be dismissed as 12d chess on this board? Anyway, Biden has two primary rationales: that he's electable, and that he would represent Obama's third term. Even if you think Trump being damaged would remove the first rationale, it has nothing to do with the second.

I want a fighter I don't want a passive nominee who is content with lying down and hiding behind surrogates while Trump slanders them. Biden just doesn't have what it takes to fight back while most of the field does, people need to get this.

I want a fighter too, but I also want someone who has the discretion and patience to know when to fight and when to compromise or be patient. I very much do not want someone like Trump who constantly mouths off on Twitter.

I would agree that, if he doesn't address this effectively going forward, he is entirely deserving of criticism. But he has played his hand well so far.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1405 on: October 01, 2019, 12:20:58 PM »

Could be a problem for Biden...

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1406 on: October 01, 2019, 12:28:24 PM »

People are right, there's direct evidence of Biden threatening to fire a prosecutor or withhold money to Ukraine. Hardly "speculative" or "dubious". The establishment media is really shilling for Biden lately.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1407 on: October 01, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »

People are right, there's direct evidence of Biden threatening to fire a prosecutor or withhold money to Ukraine. Hardly "speculative" or "dubious". The establishment media is really shilling for Biden lately.

That's not what the survey question asked.  The question was whether Biden "put pressure on Ukrainian officials to get them not to investigate his son," which of course there's no evidence to suggest he did.  The difference is important.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1408 on: October 01, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »

That's not what the survey question asked.  The question was whether Biden "put pressure on Ukrainian officials to get them not to investigate his son," which of course there's no evidence to suggest he did.  The difference is important.

Sure, there's no direct evidence. But most Americans aren't stupid enough to believe low key threatening to pull aid isn't at all very sketchy or "pressuring" in any way. If Trump was treated the same way Biden was he would be completely dismissed too. They're both awful, corrupt men who shouldn't be our president.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1409 on: October 01, 2019, 01:19:38 PM »

Sure, there's no direct evidence. But most Americans aren't stupid enough to believe low key threatening to pull aid isn't at all very sketchy or "pressuring" in any way. If Trump was treated the same way Biden was he would be completely dismissed too. They're both awful, corrupt men who shouldn't be our president.

Nobody has ever investigated his son.

There was no investigating even tangentially connected to his son ongoing when Biden fired the prosecutor.

This lie is surviving off the strength of the right-wing media complex and Americans' incredibly frustrating tendency to both-sides everything.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1410 on: October 01, 2019, 01:29:05 PM »

Yeah- my dad (who hates Trump and will be voting in the Democratic Primary- idk for who) believed it and even after I explained it to him he recognized it was not illegal but still think it's swampy.

And no one respond to this post with a paragraph. Most voters are stupid and will believe a salacious lie before the truth. I'm not trying to rip on Biden.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1411 on: October 01, 2019, 01:29:45 PM »

And by the way, I can't wait for the right-wing media complex to find some six degrees of separation conspiracy theory about Warren.

Y'all will be on here outraged, and rightfully so, that Breitbart and Fox News, Peter Schweitzer, Mark Solomon, Joe DiGenova, Sean Hannity, Rudy Giuliani, etc. are allowed to lie with impunity and go unchallenged in the media.  You'll be so frustrated that their lies get eaten up by the contrarian left and given credence by hacks like TYT's own Jimmy "I get paid by Assad under the table but that's ok" Dore.  You'll feel hopeless when a majority of Americans buy into it.

And I'll just laugh and laugh.

And if you don't think it'll happen, you're dead wrong.  Cause you all are proving to Breitbart, here and now, that this is the perfect strategy to stop progressivism in its tracks.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1412 on: October 01, 2019, 01:43:24 PM »

And by the way, I can't wait for the right-wing media complex to find some six degrees of separation conspiracy theory about Warren.

Y'all will be on here outraged, and rightfully so, that Breitbart and Fox News, Peter Schweitzer, Mark Solomon, Joe DiGenova, Sean Hannity, Rudy Giuliani, etc. are allowed to lie with impunity and go unchallenged in the media.  You'll be so frustrated that their lies get eaten up by the contrarian left and given credence by hacks like TYT's own Jimmy "I get paid by Assad under the table but that's ok" Dore.  You'll feel hopeless when a majority of Americans buy into it.

And I'll just laugh and laugh.

And if you don't think it'll happen, you're dead wrong.  Cause you all are proving to Breitbart, here and now, that this is the perfect strategy to stop progressivism in its tracks.

You’re like the Annie Wilkes of Biden supporters.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1413 on: October 01, 2019, 02:06:04 PM »

There was no investigating even tangentially connected to his son ongoing when Biden fired the prosecutor.

This lie is surviving off the strength of the right-wing media complex and Americans' incredibly frustrating tendency to both-sides everything.

The lie about Hunter Biden is also strengthened by Americans' (particularly but not exclusively Republican-leaning Americans) dislike for the elite and nepotism. I don't think Hunter Biden did anything particularly illegal financially, but 99.99% of Americans, even if they do make it graduate top of their class from an Ivy League school, don't end up as VPs at major banking houses two years after graduating. His career sure looks as though its built more on connections than talent, which may predispose some people to give credence to charges of corruption.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1414 on: October 02, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »

The lie about Hunter Biden is also strengthened by Americans' (particularly but not exclusively Republican-leaning Americans) dislike for the elite and nepotism. I don't think Hunter Biden did anything particularly illegal financially, but 99.99% of Americans, even if they do make it graduate top of their class from an Ivy League school, don't end up as VPs at major banking houses two years after graduating. His career sure looks as though its built more on connections than talent, which may predispose some people to give credence to charges of corruption.

I still can’t even begin to wrap my head around this considering the Trump children are the definition of “the elite and nepotism.”
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1415 on: October 02, 2019, 10:27:25 AM »

If Hunter Biden is so innocent, let a full FBI investigation happen. If Biden is fortunate enough to become President and the GOP hang onto Senate, an FBI investigation will happen anyways
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1416 on: October 02, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »

If Hunter Biden is so innocent, let a full FBI investigation happen. If Biden is fortunate enough to become President and the GOP hang onto Senate, an FBI investigation will happen anyways

They need to investigate olawakandi first.  I hear he embezzled tens of millions of dollars from his employer and runs a human trafficking ring in Cote d'Ivoire.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1417 on: October 02, 2019, 03:51:22 PM »

OC has gone full on QAnon/Alex Jones level insanity on Biden.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1418 on: October 02, 2019, 04:20:18 PM »

Trump continues to effortlessly troll Biden while Joe continues to lay low. I can just see Trump walking all over him in the general.

scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #1419 on: October 02, 2019, 08:05:34 PM »

Write-in: his poll numbers rise significantly.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1420 on: October 02, 2019, 08:53:01 PM »

Trump continues to effortlessly troll Biden while Joe continues to lay low. I can just see Trump walking all over him in the general.

You've been had by Donald Trump.  But what else is new.

eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #1421 on: October 02, 2019, 09:04:07 PM »

If he has the mental capacity to do this, then even I will support him for presidency. Cheesy
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1422 on: October 02, 2019, 09:04:39 PM »

Ok he obviously had a bad quarter. How bad less than Yang?
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1423 on: October 03, 2019, 09:20:08 AM »

Ok he obviously had a bad quarter. How bad less than Yang?

Interesting that he's waiting until the day of the debate to show his hand.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #1424 on: October 03, 2019, 12:30:45 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/03/biden-warren-super-tuesday-2020-023355
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 78