Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:40:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 107565 times)
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: August 23, 2019, 02:23:57 PM »

Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #726 on: August 23, 2019, 02:59:56 PM »

LOL no way AOC favorables that high.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #727 on: August 23, 2019, 03:57:33 PM »

The Democrats would be far better off if they nominated Pete Buttigieg instead of Joe Biden. Buttigieg is lightyears better than Biden at speaking, both scripted and non-scripted. He is far more exciting and in touch with the times. He also is far less likely to get dementia, alzheimers, or to tire himself out while campaigning.

Thankfully Biden is currently #1 and Buttigieg is #5 or thereabouts but I am really concerned that Buttigieg is the dark horse of this race and will replace Biden as the prime opposition against Warren/Sanders and Harris.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #728 on: August 23, 2019, 06:35:15 PM »

Im out of free articles. What really happened?

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #729 on: August 23, 2019, 06:47:00 PM »

He talked about it in comparison to what happened in the late 60's with MLK and RFK, and how it would have hurt the country.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #730 on: August 23, 2019, 06:50:39 PM »

Then, Hilary who had the second most delegates would have become the nominee.

There were better Veep options than Biden
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #731 on: August 23, 2019, 10:44:11 PM »

Biden's climate plan is arguably the most impressive in the field, surprised to see such a bold plan from the supposed moderate candidate.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #732 on: August 23, 2019, 11:02:42 PM »

Joe's Climate plan doesn't ban fracking, doesn't stop new fossil fuel production, doesn't transition away from coal, has poor/mediocre investment in R&D, has no proper plans to modernize the electric grid, doesn't have the same scope & benefits for fossil fuel workers to transition out, doesn't have details & medium term goals like Sanders has. It also doesn't commit to decarbonization like Sanders does. I don't think with Biden's plan, you get to 100% clean energy in power & transportation sector, the 2 biggest contributors to emissions.

It is a mediocre moderate plan & would achieve nothing. Yea, it is better than Trump's climate change denial. But still an insufficient & really poor plan.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #733 on: August 23, 2019, 11:37:26 PM »

Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Friday took a series of unusual rhetorical detours at the end of a town-hall-style campaign event nominally dedicated to health care, speculating about how a political assassination of Barack Obama might have affected the country in 2008 and recalling that he was accused of being gay because of his support of women’s rights in the 1970s.

“My senior semester they were both shot and killed,” Mr. Biden said. “Imagine what would have happened if, God forbid, Barack Obama had been assassinated after becoming the de facto nominee. What would have happened in America?”

“Things changed,” he continued. “You had over 40 kids shot at Kent State on a beautiful lawn by the National Guard.” The shooting in question, in May 1970 during a Vietnam War protest, in fact ended with four students shot dead and nine wounded.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #734 on: August 23, 2019, 11:38:55 PM »

Biden's apparently trying to re-create the Trump Model for victory, all the way down to the dementia-riddled commentary.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #735 on: August 24, 2019, 02:19:22 AM »

Apparently Symone Sanders pushed for the DNC to reject a climate change debate. Thanks Uncle Joe 🖕🏻
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #736 on: August 24, 2019, 02:49:56 AM »

The Wildcard is Schultz: if Biden is the nominee; he can steal votes from Biden
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #737 on: August 24, 2019, 04:16:36 AM »

Apparently Symone Sanders pushed for the DNC to reject a climate change debate. Thanks Uncle Joe 🖕🏻

There was no doubt that she was deadwood in Bernie's 2016 campaign before Biden ever hired here.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #738 on: August 24, 2019, 03:37:30 PM »

Biden's climate plan is arguably the most impressive in the field, surprised to see such a bold plan from the supposed moderate candidate.

Bernie and Millennials have moved the overton window to the left thank god. Liberal self ID is going up every election. Liberal is no longer a dirty word, Biden just said he was a Liberal a few months ago. Mike Dukakis admitted to being a Liberal and got crucified in 1988.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #739 on: August 24, 2019, 04:24:13 PM »

Problem with Biden is he doesn't inspire anyone, nobody is excited for his candidacy. He tries to compensate with 'electability' but people who aren't inspired by Biden shouldn't rely on hoping he'll inspire other parts of the electorate. Candidates like Warren, Sanders and Buttigieg at least have visions or personalities that garner enthusiasm.
JG

« Reply #740 on: August 24, 2019, 04:30:36 PM »

Problem with Biden is he doesn't inspire anyone, nobody is excited for his candidacy. He tries to compensate with 'electability' but people who aren't inspired by Biden shouldn't rely on hoping he'll inspire other parts of the electorate. Candidates like Warren, Sanders and Buttigieg at least have visions or personalities that garner enthusiasm.

Exactly. Even Hillary had a quite significant group of devoted and excited supporters.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #741 on: August 24, 2019, 05:02:11 PM »

The reason he doesn't inspire anyone is because Sanders+Warren keep outflanking him by promising the impossible.

If that wasn't a factor, by rights his plans would be very inspiring.  Universal healthcare!  Full electrification of all vehicles!  Repairing all the damage done by Trump!  Comprehensive immigration reform!  Expansive criminal justice and education programs!  Twelve years ago Obama inspired the F**K out of the country promising far less.

But instead people just look at those and say "yeah but is it free?"  "yeah but why only do 90% when you can do 100%?"  And don't care that the difference between cheap/free and 90/100 is that free+100 cost tens of trillions of dollars and will never actually happen.

I can't state enough how frustrating it is that Democratic Party politics has been infected with the tea party disease.  All we want to hear is populism.  All we want to eat is dessert.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #742 on: August 24, 2019, 06:23:22 PM »

Take this old fool out to pasture.  It's amazing he hasn't sh!t himself during a speech yet.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #743 on: August 24, 2019, 06:35:36 PM »

While in New Hampshire: "Look, what’s not to like about Vermont in terms of the beauty of it?”

Trump would mop the floor with him, though while I'd like to see that I also want him to lose the nomination because I've said over and over again that Biden will lose the primaries, so my credibility is on the line.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #744 on: August 24, 2019, 07:00:22 PM »

Take this old fool out to pasture.  It's amazing he hasn't sh!t himself during a speech yet.

What a disgusting thing to say.  So we should euthanize him (that's what "take out to pasture" means) because he stumbled over his words while saying "not only quality but also affordable"?  By the way if you bother to watch the video he corrects himself immediately after the quote ends.

This is what I mean about the anti-Biden opposition being just ludicrous.  Here you have an out-of-context quote that's perfectly fine in context, and even out of context is just an obvious minor verbal slip from a man with a lifelong speech impediment, and you're calling for him to be euthanized.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #745 on: August 24, 2019, 07:15:01 PM »

(Sincerity warning) Yeah, I think the last couple days have done it for me. For everything I've half-jokingly said on the forum, I would probably have held my nose and voted for Biden — it's important to decisively repudiate Trump and hand the Democratic nominee as large a victory as possible, for a peaceful transition of power if nothing else. But scuttling a climate debate as the Amazon burns? If Joe wins, I'm voting for Howie Hawkins — and I'm telling everyone I know, swing state or not, to do the same.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #746 on: August 24, 2019, 07:22:27 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2019, 07:28:35 PM by GeneralMacArthur »

(Sincerity warning) Yeah, I think the last couple days have done it for me. For everything I've half-jokingly said on the forum, I would probably have held my nose and voted for Biden — it's important to decisively repudiate Trump and hand the Democratic nominee as large a victory as possible, for a peaceful transition of power if nothing else. But scuttling a climate debate as the Amazon burns? If Joe wins, I'm voting for Howie Hawkins — and I'm telling everyone I know, swing state or not, to do the same.

There's a climate forum next week.  Why do we need another debate when we already have the forum and can talk about climate change alongside other important issues at the debates?

What is with the sudden obsession with artificially making the entire primary about climate change?

What does the Amazon burning have to do with climate change?  That's being done manually by the Bolsonaro regime and would be happening even if we didn't have a global warming issue.

Why do you keep concern trolling by pretending you weren't going to vote for the Green Party this entire time?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #747 on: August 24, 2019, 07:22:32 PM »

What a disgusting thing to say.  So we should euthanize him (that's what "take out to pasture" means) because he stumbled over his words while saying "not only quality but also affordable"?  By the way if you bother to watch the video he corrects himself immediately after the quote ends.

This is what I mean about the anti-Biden opposition being just ludicrous.  Here you have an out-of-context quote that's perfectly fine in context, and even out of context is just an obvious minor verbal slip from a man with a lifelong speech impediment, and you're calling for him to be euthanized.

Lol God you're sensitive.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #748 on: August 24, 2019, 07:23:28 PM »

What are you, 12?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #749 on: August 24, 2019, 07:24:22 PM »

What are you, 12?

What can I say?  Triggering you is half the fun here.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies