Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:26:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106813 times)
96FJV
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: August 20, 2019, 05:57:54 PM »

To Biden's credit, this ad was good. I personally support Bernie and Warren but so many people just want Trump gone.  Highlighting how good he does in a matchup against the president is his best bet.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #701 on: August 20, 2019, 06:30:22 PM »

risky bet for democrats in the general, either:
- “electable” guy with no message besides “defeat trump”
- lefty woman with real unique message
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #702 on: August 20, 2019, 06:32:44 PM »

What a terrible ad, trying to seriously use polls as a point of advantage...something so flimsy. And the rest of it is just so empty.

I mean, I guess the voice is good.

risky bet for democrats in the general, either:
- “electable” guy with no message besides “defeat trump”
- lefty woman with real unique message

The only real risk to the latter is the determination some swing states will have to purge voter rolls.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #703 on: August 20, 2019, 07:31:37 PM »

I almost wish general election polls this early on didn't exist. They are, or will be, completely irrelevant and do nothing more than to obfuscate the actual discussions that need to be had in this primary.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #704 on: August 20, 2019, 07:52:58 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #705 on: August 20, 2019, 08:03:59 PM »

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #706 on: August 20, 2019, 08:11:55 PM »

JG

« Reply #707 on: August 20, 2019, 08:18:03 PM »

Sorry, that man is not fit to be President. He is spewing nonsense. That's not just a slip of the toungue.
Decay
Rookie
« Reply #708 on: August 20, 2019, 09:02:28 PM »

Obama knew something we didn't.  He was right to try to talk Joe out of running.  Unfortunately, just as he feared, this is becomming embarrsing, depressing, and sad.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #709 on: August 20, 2019, 09:08:46 PM »

Sorry, that man is not fit to be President. He is spewing nonsense. That's not just a slip of the toungue.

So here's the whole speech.  The other 99% of the speech is lucid and intelligent.  The clip is from his off-the-cuff remarks in the first two minutes.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiCX2gidvD8

Biden regularly mixes up numbers when he's speaking extemporaneously.  He's been doing this for decades.  He was mixing up numbers, and getting scatterbrained, at the same time that he wrote the Assault Weapons Ban, the Violence Against Women Act, and when he was chairman of the judiciary committee and foreign relations committee.  People need to stop acting like this is something new.  It's so tiresome.

And yes, I'm sure the guy who's been a huge women's rights advocate his entire career and passed major women's rights legislation is really a secret sexist who had a Freudian slip on the stump in Iowa and revealed that he thinks women didn't participate in the Vietnam protests.  I'm sure it's definitely not an awkwardly-delivered joke about how "none of you women would remember this because you're all too young-looking to be in your 70s+80s like your husbands", which is Biden's standard style of humor.  By the way thirty seconds after the clip ends he drew applause for saying the Equal Rights Amendment should have been passed a long time ago.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #710 on: August 20, 2019, 09:17:13 PM »

While I sort of see why so many people see him as the most electable candidate, I also see the opposite and right now I'm leaning towards the latter.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #711 on: August 20, 2019, 09:31:25 PM »

It sounds as though you're telling us that we should take Biden seriously but not literally.

No, take everything he says literally, unless he says something that's obviously a slip of the tongue or a mix-up, like saying there are 57 states when he means 57 nominating contests, or saying "we're going to flip this seat red" when he means we'll flip it blue, or saying "Barack America" when he means "Barack Obama", or if he says "the president" when referring to Cory Booker when he clearly means "the senator", etc.

The other hour of Biden's Iowa speech was a series of proposals on education, foreign policy and civil rights, attacks on Trump, and commentary on executive power, corruption, what America stands for, morality, justice, etc. I would encourage you to listen to the entire speech, or at least ten minutes of it (and yes, take it both seriously and literally) and then come back here and say again that he's demented, one-foot-in-the-grave, should never have run, etc.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #712 on: August 21, 2019, 12:03:06 AM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #713 on: August 21, 2019, 12:44:10 AM »

The Biden hate just never ends, does it?

Do you guys ever step back and think about why you feel the need to interpret everything anyone on team Biden says in the worst possible light?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #714 on: August 21, 2019, 01:27:04 AM »

This is sad, I like Joe Biden, but he embarrasses himself with these gaffes. I think he and Sanders are too old.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #715 on: August 21, 2019, 08:12:38 AM »

Do you guys ever step back and think about why you feel the need to interpret everything anyone on team Biden says in the worst possible light?

You wouldn't do the same regarding Team Sanders, so please, spare us all the hysteria.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #716 on: August 21, 2019, 08:56:26 AM »

Polls are indicating that the Jill Biden media blitz is working. Jill Biden is a positive for Biden and can Trump Melania's good will by voters, that Hilary failed to do.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #717 on: August 21, 2019, 02:18:32 PM »

You wouldn't do the same regarding Team Sanders, so please, spare us all the hysteria.

I don't know. I don't hate the Bern and would absolutely support him against Donald Trump.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #718 on: August 21, 2019, 03:56:17 PM »

You call Kamala Harris the new Marco Rubio, and I'll start calling Biden new Hillary Clinton. That "ex cathedra" approach and the "electability" mantra with zillions of gaffes looks so nice in the media Tongue

You simply can't teach an old dog new tricks. I wish Biden will fall from his frontrunner's seat as fast as possible.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #719 on: August 22, 2019, 03:01:20 AM »

Biden supporters whining about us disliking Biden but then sh*t on Harris and her supporters every chance they get. Womp womp
Higgins
« Reply #720 on: August 22, 2019, 09:52:03 AM »

Biden haters: “Get outta here mayosapien scum! It’s no longer your time white man!”

That’s what Biden hate boils down to: He’s an old straight white man, and his very existence and the fact that he’s daring to run for President offends you.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #721 on: August 22, 2019, 10:05:07 AM »

Biden haters: “Get outta here mayosapien scum! It’s no longer your time white man!”

That’s what Biden hate boils down to: He’s an old straight white man, and his very existence and the fact that he’s daring to run for President offends you.

Bernie's a straight old white man sugarplum, try again.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #722 on: August 22, 2019, 10:13:37 AM »

Sure Jan.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #723 on: August 22, 2019, 10:32:44 AM »

Biden 2020: Shut up and eat your dogfood.

Me to Biden2020 supporters: I reluctantly would, but the dogfood is way past its sell-by date.

I've long criticized Trump not just for his politics and personal style (although both are reprehensible beyond words) but for fundamental incapability. Now Biden supporters will ask me to turn around and support a different incapable candidate because he belongs to the right party, or because The Supreme Court? Even if I and millions of other voters on the left abandon our principles to vote for Biden, we'll be dealing the left another injury just as bad (if not worse) than supporting the unscrupulous Bill Clinton.

I'm not sure America can survive a dysfunctional Biden presidency. If Biden is the nominee in 2020, it may be better to just walk away from the Presidential vote and do what we can to make sure the nation survives until we can vote for AOC in 2024.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #724 on: August 22, 2019, 01:18:01 PM »

Uncle Joe already has two more ads out, one on gun control and the other on his friendship with Obama Purple heart

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies