Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:27:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 64
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 94083 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: March 08, 2020, 11:55:14 PM »

Epstein did kill himself

just wanted to see what people would say I have real opinion on the matter
Blasphemy
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #926 on: March 09, 2020, 01:09:27 PM »

In honor of International Women's Day, I'd like to say this again:

Modern feminism is horrible, evil, and has no place in modern America. While there was always an evil side of feminism (there is an evil side of every idealolgy), the evil side of feminism has completely taken over.

I bet feminist mothers abuse their sons regularly.

(Also, would "every ideology has an evil variant" qualify for this thread?)

Well-bad is right for this one

No it's not.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #927 on: March 09, 2020, 01:46:44 PM »

Modern feminism is horrible, evil, and has no place in modern America. While there was always an evil side of feminism (there is an evil side of every idealolgy), the evil side of feminism has completely taken over.

While I can understand feeling this way in a country like the U.S., I do think that there are parts of the world that desperately need feminism. Mexico, for example, where women are being brutally raped and murdered at a higher rate than ever, and the government and police don't seem to care at all.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #928 on: March 09, 2020, 03:38:00 PM »

No it's not.

Well dang you got me
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #929 on: March 09, 2020, 03:47:40 PM »

No it's not.

Amazing retort, kiddo.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #930 on: March 09, 2020, 03:56:06 PM »

As with most doctrines of equality, feminism is correct that men and women should have equal protections under the law, but it is incorrect when it goes so far to assert that there are no substantive differences between men and women when it comes to interests, skills, and how they should be raised as children.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #931 on: March 09, 2020, 06:54:21 PM »

The modern American right hate democracy. Seen by their approval of Trump and McConnell sh*tting all over norms and checks and balances. Along with the fact that wannabe dictators like Bolsonaro, Le Pen, or Salvini are being invited to places like CPAC and are becoming celebrity figures in rw meme culture
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #932 on: March 09, 2020, 09:54:06 PM »

Parents who don’t vaccinate their children should be separated from their kids and arrested.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #933 on: March 10, 2020, 10:56:11 AM »

I am white. White is a color. Therefore I’m a person of color too.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #934 on: March 10, 2020, 11:29:27 AM »

One of the worst aspects of politics today is that so many people have gotten into the habit of calling politicians by their first name (ex. Bernie, Hillary, The Donald, Mayor Pete, etc.). It's even worse when people add a familial element to it (Uncle Joe). Politicians are not your friends or your family; they are tools for enacting meaningful policies that improve the lives of their constituents. It's important to divorce one's self from that kind of superficial admiration and familiarity to be able to hold a person accountable for how they are serving their communities and championing political causes.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #935 on: March 10, 2020, 02:14:10 PM »

I am white. White is a color. Therefore I’m a person of color too.

Of course, the original decision/trend to start classifying people by skin color rather than ethnicity is incredibly stupid, and "White people" and "Black people" and most other "color-based" groups have such a forced connection from a historical perspective that it's cringeworthy.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #936 on: March 10, 2020, 02:29:07 PM »

While I can understand feeling this way in a country like the U.S., I do think that there are parts of the world that desperately need feminism. Mexico, for example, where women are being brutally raped and murdered at a higher rate than ever, and the government and police don't seem to care at all.

That is completly true. Hence why I said modern feminism has no place in modern America, not in the world in general.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #937 on: March 10, 2020, 03:01:28 PM »

That is completly true. Hence why I said modern feminism has no place in modern America, not in the world in general.

Then you said "I bet feminist mothers abuse their sons regularly." and won all our hearts.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #938 on: March 10, 2020, 07:23:09 PM »

Then you said "I bet feminist mothers abuse their sons regularly." and won all our hearts.

Meant to say that it happens, if at all, with modern American feminist mothers.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #939 on: March 10, 2020, 07:25:34 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2020, 07:31:54 PM by Hindsight is 2020 »

A reason that Bernie was never able to connect with black voters is that many (kinda justifiably tbh) hold lower class whites as equally if not more responsible for their historical oppression. So Bernie’s “blacks and lower class whites are in the same boat” worldview was never going to mesh well with black voters  
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #940 on: March 10, 2020, 10:18:26 PM »

Meant to say that it happens, if at all, with modern American feminist mothers.

I can assure you from intimate experience (not my own, but that of people close to me) that there are non- and even anti-feminist mothers who are abusive. Again, get bent.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #941 on: March 10, 2020, 10:43:26 PM »

Saudi Arabia is a natural ally of the United States - but that says a lot more about the former than the latter.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #942 on: March 11, 2020, 02:24:15 PM »

A reason that Bernie was never able to connect with black voters is that many (kinda justifiably tbh) hold lower class whites as equally if not more responsible for their historical oppression. So Bernie’s “blacks and lower class whites are in the same boat” worldview was never going to mesh well with black voters  

I'm not sure Black voters think that in large numbers ... if they do, they're wrong.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #943 on: March 14, 2020, 09:37:38 AM »

Cocaine is the motor of the modern world. All of our civilizations have used it. From the cave men to the witch doctors. From the slave to the slave trader. From the black to the white. From the male to the female. From master to slave. From father to child. From cot to crib. From chair to throne. From cot to blanket. From blanket to tarp. From tarp to shame. From tarp to dress. From tarp to chair. From cot to rug. From rug to stain. From stain to shame. From tarp to cot. From chair to blanket. From cot to lamp. From cot to shelf. From cot to floor. From cot to candle. From cot to wall. From cot to pillow. From cot to peg. From shoe to wall. From cot to wall. From cot to window. From cot to spoon. From cot to wall. From cot to pot. From cot to pot. From cot to pot. From cot to pedestal. From a custom of using one’s own ashes to mark one’s grave. From a practice of burying one’s dead here after one’s death. From a custom of using cedar for religious reasons. From a custom of stacking the cedar on top of one another to form a circle. From a custom of stacking the cedar on top of one another to form a cone. From a custom of stacking the cedar on top of one another to form a solid. From a custom of stacking the cedar on top of one another to form a globe. From a custom of stacking the cedar on top of one another to form a cage. From a custom of stacking the cedar on top of one another to form a wolf. From a custom of stacking the cedar on top of one another to form a serpent. It’s undeniable.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #944 on: March 14, 2020, 12:39:31 PM »

For those who fear, I still exist. Fear itself is a façade. In order to survive, we must constantly fabricate fear, so that we can instill fear in others. Fear facilitates communication, and thus our ability to survive. Fear facilitates discrimination, and thus our ability to thrive. Fear facilitates dependency, and thus our ability to evolve. Fear enables conformity, and thus our ability to criticize our own existence. Without fear, criticism becomes an act of appropriation. Without critique, nothing is true. And really, nothing is false: everything is either fear or pleasure.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #945 on: March 14, 2020, 08:04:00 PM »

Tossups are for sissies, tilt everything at a minimum.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #946 on: March 14, 2020, 10:00:02 PM »

Occasional mass suffering, such as pandemics, war, natural disasters, and unrest, is needed to maintain a civilized and functioning society.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #947 on: March 14, 2020, 10:05:52 PM »

People should be prepared for the worst from this, and be ready to defend themselves if the need presents itself.

This shouldn’t really be a hot/bad take, but maybe it is?
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #948 on: March 14, 2020, 10:16:57 PM »

Being an anti-Assad hawk yet also being soft on Iran (or vice-versa) makes no sense. Yet for some reason, it's fairly common.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #949 on: March 14, 2020, 10:43:44 PM »

All ideologies have an evil variant except for the ones that are inherently evil like fascism and objectivism.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies