Harris listened to Tupac while smoking marijuana, which she says brings “joy”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:23:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Harris listened to Tupac while smoking marijuana, which she says brings “joy”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: Does this make you more likely to support Harris?
Hell yeah!

Indifferent

Hell naw.

Just say no to drugs, kids. No.

Other (Post)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 114

Author Topic: Harris listened to Tupac while smoking marijuana, which she says brings “joy”  (Read 4414 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »

I feel like I should mention this, but her doing this is fundamentally impossible:

Even if you account for law school, she graduated in 1989.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2019, 09:25:54 AM »

So she either lied about what music she was listening to while she smoked weed or she lied about smoking weed. Considering the former is much more likely, this leads back to a great point that was brought up earlier in the thread:

Who cares
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2019, 09:28:39 AM »

So she either lied about what music she was listening to while she smoked weed or she lied about smoking weed. Considering the former is much more likely, this leads back to a great point that was brought up earlier in the thread:

Who cares

I really dont, which is why I havent commented in this thread until now. Its a personal life choice and, unless it involves deadly or criminal activity, I have nothing to say about it. Just thought I would address the discrepancy.
JG

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2019, 10:00:14 AM »

I feel like I should mention this, but her doing this is fundamentally impossible:

Or maybe she just mixed two memories together? I'm not old enough yet but I would have a hard time figuring if a particular album dropped when I was 24 or 28 when I will be 50-something.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »

Being a pothead is cool now.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2019, 10:14:39 AM »

Or maybe she just mixed two memories together? I'm not old enough yet but I would have a hard time figuring if a particular album dropped when I was 24 or 28 when I will be 50-something.

I would guess it's partly that and partly that she didn't want to make it explicit that she smoked weed while being employed as an attorney because I'm guessing the current line of public forgiveness on the issue is one of it's ok when you were Young and in college but not otherwise. Which is dumb but kinda understandable.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2019, 10:43:23 AM »

I would guess it's partly that and partly that she didn't want to make it explicit that she smoked weed while being employed as an attorney because I'm guessing the current line of public forgiveness on the issue is one of it's ok when you were Young and in college but not otherwise. Which is dumb but kinda understandable.
The Democratic base wouldn't care if a candidate admitted to smoking weed this week. It's only an issue with Harris because she's a hypocrite.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2019, 11:03:29 AM »

I can't vote for Kamala because she listens to Tupac over Biggie. East Side!!!
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2019, 12:19:07 PM »

I voted other

I am 100% in favor of cannabis legalization, and in terms of other substances, I believe the War on Drugs is a failure. I know there are both people on the left and the right that have come to this conclusion. We should move towards a public health-oriented approach rather than punishing and incarcerating addicts for being addicts.

It is encouraging that Harris is in favor of cannabis legalization now, but her support of its legalization does not appear to be consistent over time due to her history as a prosecutor.

If she's the nominee and is still willing to move in a progressive direction on this issue, that's a good thing. However, due to some of the positions Harris supported as Attorney General, she isn't my first choice for the Democratic nomination.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2019, 01:12:34 PM »

Her resultant memory issues serve as a great argument for strongly illegalizing recreational usage.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2019, 01:15:06 PM »

Politicians talking about their onetime marijuana usage bears little to no relation to their actual work on legalization unless they actually say so, which so far Harris hasn't. The time is right for a candidate to actually campaign on descheduling marijuana.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2019, 01:33:59 PM »

1) When I remember memories I can pretty easily distinguish between those which happened in college and which haven't. For one thing, where did the event  take place? Perhaps her memory isn't up to the job of president.
2) If you're implying that she smoked weed as an attorney while imprisoning other recreational users, that is a serious charge of hypocrisy and a major ethical violation.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2019, 01:34:32 PM »

Honestly the rapper namedropping is why this is a pander.

If she had just said "I smoked marijuana in college" it'd just be telling the truth. But namedropping the rappers which was proven to be a lie is proving she's trying to be "cool".
Insomnian
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.40

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2019, 01:41:47 PM »

2) If you're implying that she smoked weed as an attorney while imprisoning other recreational users, that is a serious charge of hypocrisy and a major ethical violation.

She should be the one in jail.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2019, 01:51:34 PM »

1) When I remember memories I can pretty easily distinguish between those which happened in college and which haven't. For one thing, where did the event  take place? Perhaps her memory isn't up to the job of president.

Well, if it involved Snoop, then it may have been after Willie Brown appointed her to a state medical board that she had no qualifications for. Maybe that's why she missed so many meetings.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Lawmakers-put-cronies-in-plum-jobs-Big-pay-few-2864693.php
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2019, 02:02:50 PM »

Are you all seriously trying to start another "Lock Her Up"?
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2019, 02:03:39 PM »

As long as she defends marijuana legalization in her presidential campaign, I don't care what opinions she had on it before or whether she smoked it or not. And releasing people convicted for marijuana possession would partly compensate the punitive justice she delivered.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2019, 02:33:27 PM »

Haha hello fellow millennials I'm a hip former district attorney like you see I likes the rap music
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2019, 03:00:58 PM »

Drug users are weak. And weak people should not be president.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2019, 03:07:19 PM »

As long as she defends marijuana legalization in her presidential campaign, I don't care what opinions she had on it before or whether she smoked it or not. And releasing people convicted for marijuana possession would partly compensate the punitive justice she delivered.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2019, 03:16:28 PM »

In all fairness I doubt Harris sent anyone to jail for simple marijuana possession. It's been decriminalized in California for decades and was basically unenforced in San Francisco long before legalization.

She's still a hypocrite for campaigning against legalization though.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2019, 05:08:15 PM »

Instead of telling the public she once smoked marijuana, she should campaign on legalizing marijuana. That would make her much more relatable. What they do, is raise the idea that they're true hypocrites. I'm sure Jeb Bush, Kasich, Rubio, Cruz and Clinton all smoked a joint at some point in their lives. Anyone who didn't, hasn't truly lived.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2019, 05:17:41 PM »

Instead of telling the public she once smoked marijuana, she should campaign on legalizing marijuana. That would make her much more relatable. What they do, is raise the idea that they're true hypocrites. I'm sure Jeb Bush, Kasich, Rubio, Cruz and Clinton all smoked a joint at some point in their lives. Anyone who didn't, hasn't truly lived.

So what you're saying is that she should publicly smoke marijuana on the campaign trail? Sounds good to me.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2019, 05:21:36 PM »

Bush and Kasich have already publicly admitted to it. Not sure about the others
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2019, 10:06:17 PM »

She sounds so inauthentic, like her advisors are forcing her to sound more "relatable," it's awkward and painful to read about.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies